Pitch Notes | Traits / Specialties / Save Styles

Comments

• Wait, technical dribbler and speed dribbler don't actually do anything? I haven't tried enough players yet this year, but last year, I definitely felt a difference. Speed dribblers felt very quick on the ball, and didn't seem to lose nearly as much pace while dribbling. Technical dribblers had very good touches while performing skill moves, and really seemed to excel with L2+R2 dribbling.

I know I'm not crazy. I used TOTS CDMs and CBs with high dribbling stats on paper, but without those traits, and they felt like tanks compared to players like Neymar and Alessandrini.

Placebo effect
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Wait, technical dribbler and speed dribbler don't actually do anything? I haven't tried enough players yet this year, but last year, I definitely felt a difference. Speed dribblers felt very quick on the ball, and didn't seem to lose nearly as much pace while dribbling. Technical dribblers had very good touches while performing skill moves, and really seemed to excel with L2+R2 dribbling.

I know I'm not crazy. I used TOTS CDMs and CBs with high dribbling stats on paper, but without those traits, and they felt like tanks compared to players like Neymar and Alessandrini.

I'm now even more convinced they changed how those traits worked from last year to now. They refuse to answer questions about last year, and have "removed" one of the more controversial traits. I say controversial as it was one of the main traits that went missing in game, and caused the creation of the missing traits thread.

Until proven wrong, I'm convinced that EA knew the missing traits were an issue last year. They then changed how they supposedly work for this year to hide their liability.

I'm happy with EAs new found transparency, however I am more than skeptical of their intentions.
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    forearms wrote: »
    Wait, technical dribbler and speed dribbler don't actually do anything? I haven't tried enough players yet this year, but last year, I definitely felt a difference. Speed dribblers felt very quick on the ball, and didn't seem to lose nearly as much pace while dribbling. Technical dribblers had very good touches while performing skill moves, and really seemed to excel with L2+R2 dribbling.

I'm now even more convinced they changed how those traits worked from last year to now. They refuse to answer questions about last year, and have "removed" one of the more controversial traits. I say controversial as it was one of the main traits that went missing in game, and caused the creation of the missing traits thread.

Until proven wrong, I'm convinced that EA knew the missing traits were an issue last year. They then changed how they supposedly work for this year to hide their liability.

I'm happy with EAs new found transparency, however I am more than skeptical of their intentions.

There were traits missing on SOME players last year (power FK on Carlos and a few others for example) but some traits just didn't exost anymore (Tries to beat def line).

The real issue was/is 1) not communicating what they do for about a decade 2) having the official DB and what actually goes ingame not in sync.
  • Navraat
    3284 posts National Call-Up
    I don't believe EA for one bit.
    They say early crosser trait is for AI only but try to cross with De Bruyne or Nedved and you'll see how good it is compared to other high rated players like Figo,etc.

And if Finesse Shot trait helps in normal gameplay why wouldn't longshot as well.

EA also claimed that special cards non day one receive 10 chemistry in fifa 16 but it was found out that they get 4 chemistry, EA doesn't even know their own game
  • forearms
    edited October 2018
    bberger wrote: »

There were traits missing on SOME players last year (power FK on Carlos and a few others for example) but some traits just didn't exost anymore (Tries to beat def line).

The real issue was/is 1) not communicating what they do for about a decade 2) having the official DB and what actually goes ingame not in sync.

No. Certain traits were missing on ALL players. I just went back through the old thread to check the missing traits. I thought maybe they were missing in game due to being AI controlled traits. Its not that. Technical Dribbler showed up, along with Team Player. Speed Dribbler never showed up, as well as Tries to Beat Defensive Line. The latter was supposedly removed with "the latest patch" according to the dev who responded:

I'm guessing Tries to Beat Defensive Line has been removed?
    @EA_Andy

That’s correct, removed with the patch.

I still believe they screwed up last year, know it, and changed how they supposedly work so they are less liable. Why would they be purposely ignoring and deflecting any and all questions regarding last year?
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Seems silly to have a trait called Chip Shot that does not increase loft/precision on chip shots. It's a unique finish and some players are definitely much better at it than others.

giphy.gif

Pretty disappointed to hear that it has zero effect on user-controlled gameplay (and only affects AI tendencies).
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something

It was probably just coincidence that those who had 'speed dribbler' also had high agility or something.
  • kayron16
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    Navraat wrote: »
    I don't believe EA for one bit.
    They say early crosser trait is for AI only but try to cross with De Bruyne or Nedved and you'll see how good it is compared to other high rated players like Figo,etc.

And if Finesse Shot trait helps in normal gameplay why wouldn't longshot as well.

EA also claimed that special cards non day one receive 10 chemistry in fifa 16 but it was found out that they get 4 chemistry, EA doesn't even know their own game

The notes say that the finesse shot does nothing. All it does it add more curve but the ball will end up in the same place regardless if they had the trait or not. So not sure how they'd add anything with longshot.

Decent article. Basically fancy passes, flair and power header are the only useful ones for ultimate team.

Seeing the amount of bicycle kicks being done this year could that not be added as a trait?
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    kayron16 wrote: »
    The notes say that the finesse shot does nothing. All it does it add more curve but the ball will end up in the same place regardless if they had the trait or not.

That still sounds like it has a huge impact. Think of it like this:

YdvyRt8.jpg

The red trajectory is a normal player's shot; the yellow trajectory is the same player's shot if he had finesse shot trait.
  • forearms
    Still no clarification. Weird...
  • Hey @EA_Andy or any other in the dev team

why is it so that a speedster cannot run away from a not so speedster CB? dont get me wrong you should'nt be avalieble to run from every defender the is but with a 90-95 pace player should quite easily be avalible to run away from a 30-50 paced CB or similar.

your thoughts on that please
  • Frankthetank88
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    I‘m pretty sure that at least technical dribbler has/had an effect on the Players dribbling... you could feel It was more „sharp“ when they added this trait.... and you could feel the Flair trait as well... and, i mean, we are living nearly in 2019 an have had more than 20 years of fifa... there are individual movement types for like cr7, messi, sterling and lets say two or three other Players, and all the movement and dribbling for all Other Players Is only defined By dribbling and movement Stats? I don’t think so... they f*cked it up, removed the impact on purpose or the autor of this articel just doesnt have Any clue
  • forearms
    I‘m pretty sure that at least technical dribbler has/had an effect on the Players dribbling... you could feel It was more „sharp“ when they added this trait.... and you could feel the Flair trait as well... and, i mean, we are living nearly in 2019 an have had more than 20 years of fifa... there are individual movement types for like cr7, messi, sterling and lets say two or three other Players, and all the movement and dribbling for all Other Players Is only defined By dribbling and movement Stats? I don’t think so... they f*cked it up, removed the impact on purpose or the autor of this articel just doesnt have Any clue

I believe it as well. They changed how/what traits did before announcing how/what they do this year. We wont know the reason why, and we're not allowed to ask any questions regarding issues prior to this year.
  • Am I the only one who hates the new post game highlight replay camera angles?

I hate how the camera always zoom in extremely close to the scorer just before he strikes the ball. Basically we're stuck with only 2 goal replay angles: 1. Extreme close up angle behind the scorer or 2. Extreme close up angle showing the scorer's front. Don't even get me started on the obsession with showing us the replay from terrible goal net cam.

This is such a killjoy from scoring, especially long range goals as all sense of distance is lost when zoomed in so much. The ironic thing is they had the perfect cinematic replay angles during the in-game replays without the auto zoom-in. Such a shame, hope the dev team removes the extreme zoom-in in the future title updates.

Please give this issue some weight so the devs might take notice of this.
  • With last patch we returned to FIFA 18. I think it is useless to give explanations

Speed is back to being fundamental and physical strength no longer counts.

After so many years we had the opportunity to play a more simulative game and instead with the first patch as usual it spoils everything.
  • enigmatic_83
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    They seem to have undated the sofifa site, next to traits they have added CPU AI only. Technical dribbler has this next to it, however speed dribbler does not.
  • forearms
    Still waiting on an answer of why "tries to beat defensive line" was removed. It seems like an actual trait players have in real life. Why the need to get rid of? Also why the secrecy over it last year?
  • Alemas_2012
    15479 posts World Class
    Still waiting on an answer of why "tries to beat defensive line" was removed. It seems like an actual trait players have in real life. Why the need to get rid of? Also why the secrecy over it last year?

The irony is that it's one of the traits Kim Hunter can earn in The Journey...
  • forearms
    Any updates, or answers to questions?
  • EA_Andy
    3258 posts EA Community Manager

It was removed as it no longer had any functionality in FIFA 19.
  • forearms
    EA_Andy wrote: »

It was removed as it no longer had any functionality in FIFA 19.

Ok, thanks. So now it's all AI controlled.
  • @EA_Andy

Do you have any info on GK 1 on 1 trait?
  • Dion_
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Hello everyone!

We now have our latest Pitch Notes article live, this time a deeper look into traits, specialties and save styles.

The article digs into what they individually do, and why they matter in FIFA 19 for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC.

We'd love to hear your feedback, thoughts and any questions you might have.

Hey Andy,

you
    I just really need to address this as it's getting really frustrating. After the most recent patch, the button delay in Ultimate Team online modes has hit its worst and it's really frustrating to try and even play FUT Champions and Division Rivals as the button delay is horrible. The game is literally unplayable and I really hope for a patch soon as I'm tempted to stop playing at the moment. I know it isn't your fault but if you could pass this on that would be great. Everyone is experiencing this, and it's really frustrating and making the game mode literally unplayable for everyone. Felt fine before patch but now getting horrible delay.

Thanks
    Post edited by EA_Andy on

• Good morning EA SPORTS staff, first of all I would like to thank you for the beautiful work that you have been doing over the years, my complaint regarding the GAME FIFA 2019 is in relation to not saving the new system of dynamic tactics of the game (Example: the player is competing in a match, be it online, career mode and / or FUT, and decides to modify it to another tactic, after modifying it and saving it, the player resumes the game, but the tactic remains the same, as if no modification had been made).
    If you can solve this problem in a possible next update thank you right now, for me and for thousands of other players, remembering that my game platform is PC and I do not know if other platforms are presenting this same problem, thanks for the attention.
  • Please please do something for FUT users to can see these traits and etc in player bio
  • Shahab8bh wrote: »
    Please please do something for FUT users to can see these traits and etc in player bio

If we can access in FUT squad let me.know how
  • alex66614@live.com
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    mihain247 wrote: »
    There are no players with the Swerve trait anyway, why is this still in the game then?

You can obtain it for your Virtual Pro.

I'm guessing Tries to Beat Defensive Line has been removed?
    @EA_Andy

That’s correct, removed with the patch.

Orikoru wrote: »
    Clinical Finisher:

Shot Accuracy: 80+
    Finishing: 86+
    Hang on.. what?

That was my bad, getting it fixed. Shot Accuracy means Long Shots
    Interesting. I have a question though on the Aerial Threat speciality. In the article it says you need the following requirements:

Heading Accuracy: 75+
    Jumping: 85+
    Strength: 85+
    Player Height: 188cm+

But there are six players below 188cm, with the Aerial Threat speciality. So it's not all the requirements you've to meet as a player? If so, which stats you need to have Aerial Threat below 188cm?

Source: https://sofifa.com/players?hih=187&sc[]=aerialthreat

Do you have an in-game example? External sources can be wrong.

Good Evening @DoonansNDragons and @EA_Andy

Can you explain to me how the trait "skilled dribbling" from Pro Clubs works in game, if it still has some real gameplay utility. There's nothing about him on the pitch notes. Thanks.
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • forearms
    The link in the original post is dead. Cant you guys come together and get things right? Like, ever?
  • EA_Andy
    3258 posts EA Community Manager
    The link in the original post is dead. Cant you guys come together and get things right? Like, ever?

Fixed.
  • Icatalin03
    52 posts Park Captain

The Serie A TIM broadcast package when? A championship so nice to have the broadcast package is ugly, plus you have a license. We hope to put it on and even beautifully.