Pitch Notes | Traits / Specialties / Save Styles

EA_Andy
3264 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2018
91dpabhehrcc.png

Hello everyone!

We now have our latest Pitch Notes article live, this time a deeper look into Traits, Specialiities, and Save Styles.

The article digs into what they individually do, and why they matter in FIFA 19 for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC.

We'd love to hear your feedback, thoughts and any questions you might have.
Post edited by EA_Andy on

Comments

• DougInskip
    6358 posts League Winner
    Where can I find this mate? @EA_Andy
  • EA_Andy
    DougInskip wrote: »
    Where can I find this mate? @EA_Andy

My bad - I've now hyperlinked the article in my original post :)
  • CR7_Chem
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Interesting read.
  • Interesting. I have a question though on the Aerial Threat speciality. In the article it says you need the following requirements:

Heading Accuracy: 75+
    Jumping: 85+
    Strength: 85+
    Player Height: 188cm+

But there are six players below 188cm, with the Aerial Threat speciality. So it's not all the requirements you've to meet as a player? If so, which stats you need to have Aerial Threat below 188cm?

Source: https://sofifa.com/players?hih=187&sc[]=aerialthreat
  • Interesting that a lot of things that people thought had an effect really don't.

For example it looks like speed dribbling and Technical dribbling have no effect on user-controlled players. Also the long shot taker trait has no effect on user controlled players.
  • mihain247
    1350 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    There are no players with the Swerve trait anyway, why is this still in the game then?
  • forearms
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    So Leadership, Team Player, and One Club Player have basically no effect. All the dribbling traits do nothing for players you are using. Am I missing "tries to beat defensive line"? Did they remove this?

Why did it take so long for EA to explain this?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Clinical Finisher:

Shot Accuracy: 80+
    Finishing: 86+
    Hang on.. what?
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting that a lot of things that people thought had an effect really don't.

For example it looks like speed dribbling and Technical dribbling have no effect on user-controlled players. Also the long shot taker trait has no effect on user controlled players.

Exactly what I was thinking. In 17 having a player with technical dribbling was must for the ultimate crab walking.
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Clinical Finisher:

Hang on.. what?

Maybe they meant shot power?
  • Serie a broadcast overlay needed.
  • forearms
    I'm guessing Tries to Beat Defensive Line has been removed?
    @EA_Andy
  • DoonansNDragons
    7 posts FIFA Developer

mihain247 wrote: »
    There are no players with the Swerve trait anyway, why is this still in the game then?

You can obtain it for your Virtual Pro.

forearms wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

That’s correct, removed with the patch.

Clinical Finisher:

Hang on.. what?

That was my bad, getting it fixed. Shot Accuracy means Long Shots
    Interesting. I have a question though on the Aerial Threat speciality. In the article it says you need the following requirements:

But there are six players below 188cm, with the Aerial Threat speciality. So it's not all the requirements you've to meet as a player? If so, which stats you need to have Aerial Threat below 188cm?

Do you have an in-game example? External sources can be wrong.
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    edited October 2018
    "DoonansNDragons".
    Only a true game developer can ever have such a username.
    Whole load of respect for that.
    More actual developers should post here on the forums...
  • Navraat
    3332 posts National Call-Up

@EA_Andy

Clinical Finisher:

Hang on.. what?

Interesting. I have a question though on the Aerial Threat speciality. In the article it says you need the following requirements:

hey yo, can I get a shiny red over my nickname too :trollface:
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    Navraat wrote: »

@EA_Andy

Clinical Finisher:

Hang on.. what?

hey yo, can I get a shiny red over my nickname too :trollface:

I'll be honest, I thought it was some hacker initially. :joy:
  • EA_Andy
    The shiny red bar is great but let's try and keep it on topic in here. Thanks! :)
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Why was tries to beat defensive line removed? That was one of the good ones.
  • Primal
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    so traits mean very little.. nice 1
  • PedroMarcosFR
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018

Sure. In my game with the latest squad updates Sergio Ramos has the following attributes:

Heading Accuracy: 91
    Jumping: 93
    Strength: 83
    Player Height: 184cm

So, he actually got two requirements below the number needed. Is there maybe a different amount of requirements for players below 188cm? Or are some specialties given by the team to players?

The stats of Ramos are the same in your FUT database: https://www.easports.com/nl/fifa/ultimate-team/fut/database/player/155862/Sergio Ramos#155862
  • I really wonder that two traits(technical dribbler and speed dribbler) also have no effect on user-controlled players in fifa 17 and fifa 18. @EA_Andy
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    Interesting that a lot of things that people thought had an effect really don't.

I am in shock. I am triggered.

Playmaker, speed dribbler, tech dribbler, long passer, long shot taker.... these were traits I built teams around lol. And they all mean nothing in game!

Was this always the case? Was everything a lie?

WHERE AM I? WHAT IS HAPPENING???
  • EA_Andy wrote: »
    91dpabhehrcc.png

Hello everyone!

We now have our latest Pitch Notes article live, this time a deeper look into traits, specialties and save styles.

The article digs into what they individually do, and why they matter in FIFA 19 for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC.

We'd love to hear your feedback, thoughts and any questions you might have.

Yes, do something good with a career ... the movement of players is terrible ((you do not need such a high speed of the game !!! I do not feel the pleasure of this game .. they seem to play hockey on the field, and blows .. blows. what became of them? And why do the fans no longer dodge the ball and run to celebrate the goal scored?
    Still life. For example, in fifa 14 on the legendary difficulty it was very interesting to play. Do it !!! After all, I do not want to play dog19 ..
    FiFA 19 let's go
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Clancy wrote: »

Playmaker, speed dribbler, tech dribbler, long passer, long shot taker.... these were traits I built teams around lol. And they all mean nothing in game!

Why did you ever think Long Shot Taker did anything? You are the one that tells them whether to shoot or not. :lol:
  • forearms
    edited October 2018
    Anybody answer why "Tries to Beat Defensive Line" was removed? Also, how did it work before?
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    Clancy wrote: »

Why did you ever think Long Shot Taker did anything? You are the one that tells them whether to shoot or not. :lol:

Well your also the guy who tells them to take a finesse shot, I thought it worked the same way and long shots would be more accurate/powerful with those players. Same with long passer, I though they would make long passes more accurately

• Anyone can tell me they reduce anything like corner or bicycle kick? My English is not that good to read all that :blush:
  • forearms
    Anyone can tell me they reduce anything like corner or bicycle kick? My English is not that good to read all that :blush:

It's not patch notes. Its pitch notes. This is regarding traits, and player specialties.
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    I almost have tears in my eyes @EA_Andy Thank you for finally revealing this stuff and also for releasing the GK chem styles info!

Took 10 years to finally get some answers, but hey.. at least it's a positive sign for once and a step forward from all those years of secrecy!

• SuperSonicSean
    5976 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Wait, technical dribbler and speed dribbler don't actually do anything? I haven't tried enough players yet this year, but last year, I definitely felt a difference. Speed dribblers felt very quick on the ball, and didn't seem to lose nearly as much pace while dribbling. Technical dribblers had very good touches while performing skill moves, and really seemed to excel with L2+R2 dribbling.

I know I'm not crazy. I used TOTS CDMs and CBs with high dribbling stats on paper, but without those traits, and they felt like tanks compared to players like Neymar and Alessandrini.