A few things about Investing

AJS-17
758 posts Semi-Pro
Personally don't understand why everyone says like invest in Mbappe, or other high end players, I've seen it loads over the forums. I mean what do you think he will rise to? 400k to 600k? I think thats best case scenario tbh, if so your getting a 50% ROI (return on investement)

There are so many better options in my opinion. I bought around 15 Alvaros for 11-12k each on tuesday and wednesday, and 20 Xhakas for around 13k each.

Could see both Alvaro and Xhaka easily rising above 25k which would be around a 100% ROI. Alvaro is already 18k, getting the same ROI in 2 days that Mbappe would return if, big if, he even rises to 600k, which personally i couldn't be bothered waiting for, could take weeks to reach that price if he ever does.

Going away from the IFs, I think high rated players i.e. cheap 83s and 84s are such an easy money maker with huge potential. Like on tuesday you could get Mata for example which I loaded up about 40 for 1.5k each, high rated prem players will be needed for a Lucas SBC. Could go 4.5k+ that'd be a 200% ROI.

So many great options for investments to double or triple your money, yet people still go for Mbappe, Hazard, Pogba as investments. I just don't get it, am I missing something?

Sorry for the long message, its a slow day at work :D

Comments

• Clancy
    7727 posts League Winner
    good points made

people tend to get stuck on coin profit/card when they should be thinking about %profit/card

or if your on my level %profit/card doesn't matter ;) . what you should be thinking about is profit/hour, any way you can get it
  • Ashes619
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People are lazy, like myself
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    AJS-17 wrote: »
    Personally don't understand why everyone says like invest in Mbappe, or other high end players, I've seen it loads over the forums. I mean what do you think he will rise to? 400k to 600k? I think thats best case scenario tbh, if so your getting a 50% ROI (return on investement)

There are so many better options in my opinion. I bought around 15 Alvaros for 11-12k each on tuesday and wednesday, and 20 Xhakas for around 13k each.

Could see both Alvaro and Xhaka easily rising above 25k which would be around a 100% ROI. Alvaro is already 18k, getting the same ROI in 2 days that Mbappe would return if, big if, he even rises to 600k, which personally i couldn't be bothered waiting for, could take weeks to reach that price if he ever does.

Going away from the IFs, I think high rated players i.e. cheap 83s and 84s are such an easy money maker with huge potential. Like on tuesday you could get Mata for example which I loaded up about 40 for 1.5k each, high rated prem players will be needed for a Lucas SBC. Could go 4.5k+ that'd be a 200% ROI.

So many great options for investments to double or triple your money, yet people still go for Mbappe, Hazard, Pogba as investments. I just don't get it, am I missing something?

Think the main reason is people want to use players in their teams for divisions etc while waiting for prices to increase so players like Neymar have 2 uses. Also depends on coin balance.
  • AJS-17
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    kayron16 wrote: »

Think the main reason is people want to use players in their teams for divisions etc while waiting for prices to increase so players like Neymar have 2 uses. Also depends on coin balance.

Yeah that's true i guess
  • Chavez76
    1837 posts Play-Off Hero
    kayron16 wrote: »
    AJS-17 wrote: »

Good point to be fair, currently people do not have a **** of coins yet, so playing with someone who's price is going up is the best way.

(however, the point of OP is very valid, it is better to make 10k on 10 cards then making 70k on one, people tend to forget that sometimes)
  • A_Snipe
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    The thing I don’t get is why people buy players like martial and Jesus for 50-70k when there’s way better options.

I packed son in an untradeable yesterday and was pumped to find out he was 80k which made me feel guilty not using him so I sold immobile and invested that coinage into 85-88 rated and now use son but I would have never paid that price for him knowing he’ll be 4K in a few months
  • Chavez76
    1837 posts Play-Off Hero
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    The thing I don’t get is why people buy players like martial and Jesus for 50-70k when there’s way better options.

I packed son in an untradeable yesterday and was pumped to find out he was 80k which made me feel guilty not using him so I sold immobile and invested that coinage into 85-88 rated and now use son but I would have never paid that price for him knowing he’ll be 4K in a few months

a few MONTHS .. come on, the game has been out for a couple of DAYS if you bought the champion's version.
    If you wait until August, believe me, all players will be dirt cheap ..

If you dont want to pay for the big guys, that's of course your own decission, but comparing prices now to in a couple of months is a little insane,
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chavez76 wrote: »

a few MONTHS .. come on, the game has been out for a couple of DAYS if you bought the champion's version.

If you dont want to pay for the big guys, that's of course your own decission, but comparing prices now to in a couple of months is a little insane,

Not to mention by the time that month has come by, you've most likely made that money back from simply playing matches.

Personally got all the players I like... They were cheap enough (in comparison to the inflation ATM), shaved off a potential 100k. Like you said, waiting for the perfect time to buy your team could take forever.
  • A_Snipe
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Not to mention by the time that month has come by, you've most likely made that money back from simply playing matches.

Personally got all the players I like... They were cheap enough (in comparison to the inflation ATM), shaved off a potential 100k. Like you said, waiting for the perfect time to buy your team could take forever.

I didn’t mean to sound scummy or doo she

I get you can enjoy them and make coins back but people are using them as investments and hoping they can resell Jesus for 100k and crazy prices. That just doesn’t seem like a smart move to me.

I’m all for buying players and enjoying them for the gameplay. After fifa 17 I stopped caring about always buying and selling my teams. I just used who I enjoy with some trading.

I buy players I enjoy too but I’m not using them as investments. Like I purchased florenzi and lacazette. Laca was dirt cheap at the time but I’m keeping him for awhile anyways since arsenal is my favourite team