Passing and through balls

DKCena
1717 posts Play-Off Hero
Played 1100 matches last year and passing was one of my strong assets.

This year I cant make simple passes and my through balls are complete utter garbage.

Ive tried normal passing and passing with R1. Even though my players are facing the right way, my passes are off target and very often gets intercepted.

My through passes are way off target and sometimes it is not even to the desired players.

I cant figure out what i am doing wrong. Anybody in for a little help?

Comments

• ukler8
    4778 posts National Call-Up
    Try R1 +Triangle through balls. Very useful especially when trying get wingers in behind.
  • Zv1k0
    6133 posts Big Money Move
    AI interceptions are op. It almost looks like they teleport infront of your player sometimes.
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    ukler8 wrote: »
    Try R1 +Triangle through balls. Very useful especially when trying get wingers in behind.

Thanks. Will try that.
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    AI interceptions are op. It almost looks like they teleport infront of your player sometimes.

Im glad i am not the only one feeling like this. Its so hard to attack for me
  • raul7kiev
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    You are not the only one.
    I have constant filling that Full game it is a Beta-version, and Demo was release-version.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    Passing is one of the very few things that works well in this game. Stick to passes you know will work if you're failing a lot. You can't pass it almost straight at defenders anymore or they'll intercept it, nothing wrong with that.

It was your strongest suit last year because it was broken, defenders wouldn't do anything to intercept them. Anyone could close their eyes and spam X and they'd somehow get through on goal. lol Not trying to be rude, it's just how it was last year.
  • DKCena
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Passing is one of the very few things that works well in this game. Stick to passes you know will work if you're failing a lot. You can't pass it almost straight at defenders anymore or they'll intercept it, nothing wrong with that.

It was your strongest suit last year because it was broken, defenders wouldn't do anything to intercept them. Anyone could close their eyes and spam X and they'd somehow get through on goal. lol Not trying to be rude, it's just how it was last year.

I know it was broken last year and I know the fault is on my side :smile:
    The constant change in gameplay from year to year is starting to annoy me a little.

Every year you can throw all last year muscle memory in the thrash. Its like starting almost new every year. Part of the story to why I never feel like Im inproving from year to year.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    lob through pass for wings instead of driven through. those still get intercepted. if you lob it over the fullback, cant be intercepted.
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    My passing per game has averaged in the low 90s which is great. I would suggest to vary the types of passes you do throughout the game so as to not become predictable.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Pretty much this. You could pass through everyone last year. This year you actually have to go around them.
  • Demon_reborn
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    alot of fouls and penalties not being given.

I might have to change my stadium to old trafford in order to get some penos.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    lob through pass for wings instead of driven through. those still get intercepted. if you lob it over the fullback, cant be intercepted.
  • Messi4ever2018
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    alot of fouls and penalties not being given.

I might have to change my stadium to old trafford in order to get some penos.

:lol: + Mike dean/Howard Web then you're all sorted for extra time and penalties. No patch needed.