Do you like the new gameplay in Fifa 19?

ChrisLFC
6966 posts Big Money Move

Do you like the new gameplay in Fifa 19? 139 votes

Yes
51%
Mike_PickfordRadioShaqRynoDaddyG000nerHoopsterzDOMinantHumma78BenzP7DanifiDobbyDooDahGAZLOZFLASHFLUSH1chaser2k15BlarixMontezumaPMR_AMAZiNGShakey JakeyShaqiri 71 votes
No
48%
EddieFicioNemNenGazzaCampinoOllemanDefyTheOdds001SmudgeDiggyJimmyVulmerJayyThunderNornIronReusPikachuSimmoMaverickShaneAnDrEwThEdOnChrisLFCAkinfenwaaaa 68 votes

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    No
    Was hoping to get something like pre patch 18. They've gone back to Fifa 14 tier gameplay. If this isn't fixed I can't see myself playing past November/December
  • Joestoe
    4268 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    I like it. Only thing I hate with a passion is the “50/50” system which is more like a 95/5 system.
  • Jackadinho
    1106 posts Professional
    Yes
    Drop AI defending level considerably and buff shielding a little bit to counter lack of pace and I think it would be the best Fifa since 11/12
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    Currently no. The more I play, the more I feel like everything is down to luck / rng. Now that I’ve gotten used to it and am winning more I actually feel like it is worse, I’ve just gotten used to compensating for the random stuff that is happening in every match.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m struggling, but I need time to adapt, so it’s too early to say either way yet.

What I don’t like is that you can’t seem to negotiate space well. If you use LB to try turn, you lose the ball. You need to turn to move the ball forward, but you can’t so you have to pass back.

This would be fine, but the 4 players that were surrounding you due to high pressure, instantly seem to fall back into their positions, meaning there is limited opportunity to exploit the space.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4629 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Just need to adjust to the new style of play, granted it needs a few tweeks but please don’t patch it like last year and ruin the game
  • Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    Bluntly: It's not as good as 18. It just isn't. 18 had its flaws and nuances, but I've played maybe 60 or so games on 19 so far, and I can genuinely say I don't think I've actually enjoyed any of them. It's just far, far too unpredictable to be fun. Defending is a mess, pace is a mess, shooting is absolutely atrocious at times because of the finesse bug, passing can be off and the tactical awareness within some of the formations is staggeringly poor.

19 has a lot of great features, and you can see it has the potential to be very good. The dynamic tactics feature is superb, for one. However, I don't care what anyone says about the gameplay and speed etc. not requiring a patch. There's a lot needs patched. A lot.

At this point, Red Dead Redemption 2 can't come quick enough. I want to love Fifa, but right now it's just meh. I'm trying my best to adapt, and hopefully I will.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I don’t think it’d take too much to sort it.

Main problems as I see it

- way too easy to score from outside the box vs inside
    - AI controlled player blocking is about 10x as effective as it should be
    - speed of passing seems to vary wildly depending on which way the wind is blowing
    - Too many blocks/tackles just bounce back to a player like a magnet. FFS let the ball go into space to be contested.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5044 posts Big Money Move
    No
    it might be more "realistic" but it's not fun:
    - AI intercepts everything;
    - Shooting is atrocious;
    - pace and strength are not well balanced.
    -
  • Antparry92
    17376 posts World Class
    No
    I agree completely with Bristol and Knowles. One of the things is I never feel 100% in control and comfortable even if it’s clear the other fella can’t hold a controller.
    The second is there feels like there is no feedback from the game with regards for shooting. You get nothing back as to where you’ve gone wrong and missed a chance. It feels you can press shoot on two different occasions in the same way...one could go right over the bar and the other could pea roll to the keeper.

It does have its perks and you can see that EA have some good intentions, they’ve just not been implemented correctly
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    Feels a bit meh.

No fun in it for me
  • YOLOT0URE
    6942 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly can’t decide. I like that pace doesn’t mean everything now and that passing is key to the game. However I can’t shoot to save my life due to the difference from 18, I just can’t get to grips with it yet. Also the games are so slow due to build up being so important. It’s kind of like first goal wins at times because you can just keep the clock ticking over once your ahead. I get more frustrated this year so far because people just time waste
  • ChrisLFC
    edited September 2018
    No
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Honestly can’t decide. I like that pace doesn’t mean everything now and that passing is key to the game. However I can’t shoot to save my life due to the difference from 18, I just can’t get to grips with it yet. Also the games are so slow due to build up being so important. It’s kind of like first goal wins at times because you can just keep the clock ticking over once your ahead. I get more frustrated this year so far because people just time waste

What do you mean "pace is dead"? Half my goals are through balls to wingers to get in behind my opponents defence so they can cross it across to my striker on the counter. The rest are finesse longshots.
  • Keano
    12214 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    Only thing I hate is the bounces & it feels like who responds first wins when it has those & they happen frequently. luckily when it happens in their box I seem to win, but it's 50/50.
  • Couchy
    9288 posts League Winner
    Yes
    Best Fifa in a lonnnnng time. Going to be gutted when they turn it back into a pace fest after the patch.
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    I am liking it compared to 18. The slower pace of the game means there are so many more usable cards this year however pace does still play a factor. Just not as much as it used to.

There are lots of things that need sorting like the broken side foot shooting and the ridiculous AI blocks but I am liking it this year. Will just take some adapting to. I am so bad at taking decent touches :lol:
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4097 posts National Call-Up
    No
    Awful game. Nothing works as it should. Needs a BIG patch.

Keep pace as it is.
    Fix shielding.
    Fix passing speed, direction is fine but why are normal passes so weak, driven passes and through balls SO powerful?
    Fix corners.
    Fix shooting.
    FIX TACKLING. PLEASE.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    No
    Fix. Ai. Defending.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Yes
    Yes majority rules, no drastic gameplay changes @EA.
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    No
    I like how they have slowed general gameplay down but way to many things are not patched. It is easier than ever to score from the kick off and corners. The player movement is generally pathetic with players forever running into each other. The stupid lunge is still alive and well and tackling is pathetic, the ball bounces all over the place. Ai defending will be used more and more because of it.

Love the content but gameplay is a million miles behind PES.
  • Diggy
    13534 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    AI defending/blocks are ridiculous even more so than previous editions skill gap closed even more
  • BcfcDale88
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    No
    Passing needs fixing so bad.
  • NornIron
    11064 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    Block, rebound, block, tackle rebound.
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Awful game. Nothing works as it should. Needs a BIG patch.

Keep pace as it is.
    Fix shielding.
    Fix passing speed, direction is fine but why are normal passes so weak, driven passes and through balls SO powerful?
    Fix corners.
    Fix shooting.
    FIX TACKLING. PLEASE.

This.
  • zzachzx
    4224 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Why is there no neutral option lol
  • ChrisLFC
    No
    zzachzx wrote: »

What do you mean @zzachzx
  • zzachzx
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

There’s no in between option
  • ChrisLFC
    No

You mean something like "its ok" or "no better than last year"?
  • zzachzx

yeees. I like the game but it’s not perfect

• Antiversum
    5755 posts Big Money Move

yeees. I like the game but it’s not perfect

Question is "Do you like the new gameplay in Fifa 19?"

your answer: "yeees. I like the game but it’s not perfect"

And you cannot pick what is your answer to the question?