Pace needs sorting out

Gervonta
3725 posts National Call-Up
How can martial get caught up by Montoya and luis catch hoilett loool. Games getting a joke already. It’s absolute crap you can’t even attempt to take on a defender because they’ll just catch your winger even if they’ve got 34 pace sort this out ea.

Comments

• Blaster
    830 posts Professional
    If you like running so much I think you should have bought an athletics game..sure you will get alot of fun just doing the 100m sprint on repeat
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Does need changing though.. Frustrating working good openings and then being caught like nothing by Mr random slow cb
  • Gervonta
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    Blaster wrote: »
    If you like running so much I think you should have bought an athletics game..sure you will get alot of fun just doing the 100m sprint on repeat

As pointed out with the guy below it’s very frustrating creating a good opening to be caught up by a defender with little to no pace , I’ve had Zappacosta catch martial.....

89 pace feels like 75 pace.
  • superromanian25
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The main difference is a player won't run at the same speed while dribbling vs running without the ball. Which makes sense. No player maintains top speed while dribbling IRL unless he is just knocking the ball ahead of him 10 yards and running onto it. Just look when Arsenal played City this year and last. Kompany caught up to Auba while Auba was dribbling
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    sounders3 wrote: »
    Pace this year is finally right imo. Guys get caught from behind from “slow” CB all the time irl

This
  • fluffymnuffy
    12518 posts Has That Special Something
    Pace this year is finally right imo. Guys get caught from behind from “slow” CB all the time irl

• ahm1388
    1183 posts Professional
    They nerfed pace but improved dribbling and skills. I like it more this way tbh. I was initially using Depay but I have to say I feel like my fitness squad plays better with Mandzukic up top
  • Chapman
    421 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was about to post something about this. It's not about abusing pace. If you create a good opening send you player through on goal and hes away how does he get caught up all the time. Doesn't feel right at all.
  • Real_TUTU
    38 posts Park Captain

+1
  • leon1309
    The main difference is a player won't run at the same speed while dribbling vs running without the ball. Which makes sense. No player maintains top speed while dribbling IRL unless he is just knocking the ball ahead of him 10 yards and running onto it. Just look when Arsenal played City this year and last. Kompany caught up to Auba while Auba was dribbling

Not this again. 90 pace Player should not get cought by 70 and bellow when running towards the ball. Hell my Players would get cought by slow defenders with good 3-5 steps advantage. This has been in the game for atleast 3 seasons now.
  • superromanian25
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yep. Just hope EA don't patch it
    leon1309 wrote: »

Not this again. 90 pace Player should not get cought by 70 and bellow when running towards the ball. Hell my Players would get cought by slow defenders with good 3-5 steps advantage. This has been in the game for atleast 3 seasons now.

3 Steps is nothing if one player is dribbling while the other is running freely. Pace is finally in a good place
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move

I can't believe so many people agree with this. If this is the case, then there's absolutely no point having a game mode based on cards with stats on them.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Pace is in a great spot, we finally have a Fifa game where every player is viable. Harry Kane is one the best strikers in the game, that's accurate to the real world. How many year's have we been playing Fifa games where fast players are overpowered?

It's refreshing to play a Fifa game that's more akin to the real sport, it's a balanced footie sim. Loving the gameplay, only a few minor adjustments are needed, pace should be left alone.
  • Acker
    1114 posts Moderator
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Pace is in a great spot, we finally have a Fifa game where every player is viable. Harry Kane is one the best strikers in the game, that's accurate to the real world. How many year's have we been playing Fifa games where fast players are overpowered?

It's refreshing to play a Fifa game that's more akin to the real sport, it's a balanced footie sim. Loving the gameplay, only a few minor adjustments are needed, pace should be left alone.

Honestly sums all my thoughts exactly

• leon1309
    edited September 2018

3 Steps is nothing if one player is dribbling while the other is running freely. Pace is finally in a good place

You dont seem to be getting the problem here: through ball, two players start running towards the ball (one very fast and one slow) and the slow one magicaly catches up to the faster one (even if he had a head start). I am not talking about the times when you dribble with it and even if i do have the ball and I push it way forward and full sprint behind it...fast player should outpace the slow one (unless on poor stamina case). Stats do not seem to matter in certain cases at all. In the cas i was talking about from last year the defender had back turned towards his own goal and my player had good 3 steps towards his goal on him (95 pace against 60 pace - that special John Terry card) and he got outsprinted on through ball...and my player ran in straight line towards the though ball, his did not...but this is just fifa for you.

Dont get me wrong i like slow methodical play (reason i like PES gameplay a bit more), but stats should matter in cases like this.

p.s.
    And calling fifa a sim is just silly btw.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up

You dont seem to be getting the problem here: through ball, two players start running towards the ball (one very fast and one slow) and the slow one magicaly catches up to the faster one (even if he had a head start). I am not talking about the times when you dribble with it and even if i do have the ball and I push it way forward and full sprint behind it...fast player should outpace the slow one (unless on poor stamina case). Stats do not seem to matter in certain cases at all. In the cas i was talking about from last year the defender had back turned towards his own goal and my player had good 3 steps towards his goal on him (95 pace against 60 pace - that special John Terry card) and he got outsprinted on through ball...and my player ran in straight line towards the though ball, his did not...but this is just fifa for you.

Dont get me wrong i like slow methodical play (reason i like PES gameplay a bit more), but stats should matter in cases like this.

p.s.

I get what you are saying but honestly I haven’t noticed it. I have sent pacey guys, 90+ pace, a through ball between say CB and LB/RB and have beaten out those defenders to the ball initially resulting in a break on goal, most times I am able to get my shot off or send a ball across goal to my striker before the defender catches me. Rarely have I had a defender outright beat my winger to a through ball, outside of the times it was a poor pass or I’m facing the Kyle walkers of the world.
  • Demon_reborn
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gervonta wrote: »
    How can martial get caught up by Montoya and luis catch hoilett loool. Games getting a joke already. It’s absolute crap you can’t even attempt to take on a defender because they’ll just catch your winger even if they’ve got 34 pace sort this out ea.

p.s.
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

I can't believe so many people agree with this. If this is the case, then there's absolutely no point having a game mode based on cards with stats on them.

watch the boras legend video on settings. theres a sprint setting you need to turn off. Your sprint depends on how deep you press the trigger. turning off that setting will mean as soon as you press the trigger they go full pelt.

Yes some cbs will catch you but not like before. also the tap 1 and fake shot launches you to a full pelt sprint in order to get past someone.

hoped this helped.
  • DeMolay145
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect

• Demon_reborn
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    watch boras legend videos. Tbf this game is all over the shop rigjt now. in my team there is total anarchy from the 70th minute.
    Formation all fd up and defence is non existent. counter that with teams playing like barca which is a recipe for disaster.
  • Zv1k0
    Kingsley Coman has 94 pace. David Luiz has 61. I just caught Kingsley Coman with David Luiz when he was already 2m away. Great balance!
  • Aqeel87
    2363 posts Fans' Favourite

• thedustman
    624 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If I knock the ball in head I can blow by most defenders unless they muscle me. But my lozano beats most players after a good body feint and skill. You'll get caught if running with the ball on your feet but if you are on a breakaway knock it on and you are in for a chance.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Kingsley Coman has 94 pace. David Luiz has 61. I just caught Kingsley Coman with David Luiz when he was already 2m away. Great balance!

2m is not much distance at all honestly. One has a ball at their feet and the other is in a full dead sprint. Massive difference in the way the players will run.
  • cdbuck26
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Pace is perfect this year
  • RoosGianni
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    Most people need to remember that irl, players running with the ball are
    running slower than most defenders because they can just sprint without having to control the ball.

Pace is in a good spot right now, it’s maybe a bit too much of a nerf in the acceleration stat, but I like it.

Because of this, loads of players are now considered useable and we will see a variety of teams. I really hope they don’t patch it.
  • Derryboy1893
    3561 posts National Call-Up

• cdbuck26
    3249 posts National Call-Up

• Zv1k0

2m is not much distance at all honestly. One has a ball at their feet and the other is in a full dead sprint. Massive difference in the way the players will run.

Man, there's 34 pace difference. Pace is literally useless stat right now. How can that be normal to you guys is mind blowing.