What a game this is!!

ChrisW1991
960 posts Professional
Playing offline on career mode and all I can really say is this game feels and plays amazing!! Please don't change the gameplay EA, absolutely loving this!

Comments

• EA_Andy
    3157 posts EA Community Manager
    Glad you're enjoying it :)
  • Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    That sounds good.

When you play against big teams on World Class or Legendary, is the game challenging on a consistent basis?

The last FIFA I played was FIFA 17. One of the main game play problems offline was that even on the highest difficulty levels, the CPU is programmed not to turn up so when you win there is no satisfaction as there should be after winning against a big team. So even if you're playing teams like Chelsea or Man City away the CPU team will be slow, flat footed, knock aimless balls forward, etc.. and let you win.

Has this issue been resolved in FIFA 19?
  • ChrisW1991
    960 posts Professional
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    That sounds good.

When you play against big teams on World Class or Legendary, is the game challenging on a consistent basis?

The last FIFA I played was FIFA 17. One of the main game play problems offline was that even on the highest difficulty levels, the CPU is programmed not to turn up so when you win there is no satisfaction as there should be after winning against a big team. So even if you're playing teams like Chelsea or Man City away the CPU team will be slow, flat footed, knock aimless balls forward, etc.. and let you win.

I'm not sure about those difficulties mate I'm on Ultimate difficulty, challenging every game
  • Cooler08 wrote: »
    That sounds good.

It's much harder this year. Apparently World Class is harder than Legendary lol.
  • Yeah this game is class so far career is quality just hope they don't patch it ultimate difficulty is great AI scored overhead kick against me.now I enjoy career a lot more
  • ChrisW1991
    960 posts Professional
    Keza110 wrote: »
    Yeah this game is class so far career is quality just hope they don't patch it ultimate difficulty is great AI scored overhead kick against me.now I enjoy career a lot more

Yeah I agree, for me Ultimate difficulty is the best thing to happen to career mode this year, the AI are quality on it and if your not 100% at your best they will punish you
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had that same issue with career mode in FIFA 17, AI wasn't difficult enough. However in FIFA 19 the AI doesn't properly attack my zone, they hug the sidelines like the middle is a hazard zone or something.
  • ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Playing offline on career mode and all I can really say is this game feels and plays amazing!! Please don't change the gameplay EA, absolutely loving this!

Totally agree, I love the new slower and more tactical gameplay that rewards thinking and playing real football. Just love it!
  • Benja190782
    1318 posts Professional
    Butatista wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Totally agree, I love the new slower and more tactical gameplay that rewards thinking and playing real football. Just love it!

Spot on! Finally we have a true football simulation! Plaese don’t mess this up @EA_Andy

We love the more skillbased passing, and great 50/50 battles. It’s so much fun and rewarding.

Thank you!
  • tvrfan
    698 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy I love it too... But please bring back the low driven finesse... Just balance him out. It sucks that famous shooting Mechanics from Real life getting deleted because it was OP Last year. And it would be great to have a licensed Brazil national team... I know it's not easy with CBF... But it's my favorite national side... I hope you guys still looking for the licenses... Thank you
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    I had that same issue with career mode in FIFA 17, AI wasn't difficult enough. However in FIFA 19 the AI doesn't properly attack my zone, they hug the sidelines like the middle is a hazard zone or something.

They hug the sidelines because the A.I. will always screw you with a header, just another EA cheat.
  • Yeah i agree.. on ultimate difficulty career has been given a whole new life its grest and challenging aswell. Dont change im currently doing a career with Villareal.
  • Gunin
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Play ultimate team i bet you change your mind in a few days . I Like how EA_Andy responded right away to this thread because it's a positive remark I never see a reply to an actual problem though .
  • Gunin
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Glad you're enjoying it :)

What about the many threads that are on this forum where people aren't enjoying it? How come you never respond to them ?
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    The AI on ultimate difficulty just scores when it wants and bangs in screamers like it’s nothing. They never miss a pass, it’s so unrealistic and machine like when they start rapid fire passing.

I just played as Aldosivi against UNAM and lost 2-0, they had 6 shots 5 on target, 52% possession, 4 tackles, 0 fouls, 1 corner, 83% shot accuracy and 88% pass accuracy. Most of the game they were untouchable. If that’s what you like then enjoy.

Passing is not a problem in this game - all they’ve really done is reduce the pass speed and it felt okay in terms of gameplay, not really a massive difference from last year imo.

But the shooting in FIFA19 is terrible, was fine in ‘18 didn’t think it needed changing. They probably have to make timed shooting their new shiny feature more of an option so they make normal shooting less effective so you use timed shooting. When shooting this year too often the ball sometimes just floats through the air in a weird way.
  • rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Makes me laugh players complaining that game is too easy and not difficult enough ...playing with assisted controls !!! Lol.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Makes me laugh players complaining that game is too easy and not difficult enough ...playing with assisted controls !!! Lol.

I play with full manual controls.

• ChrisW1991
    960 posts Professional
    Gunin wrote: »
    Play ultimate team i bet you change your mind in a few days . I Like how EA_Andy responded right away to this thread because it's a positive remark I never see a reply to an actual problem though .

What because its not ping pong football to suit the fut players?? This Fifa is the most realistic its ever been, amazing gameplay
  • AlexFin
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How is world class dificulty in Fifa 19 compared with world class dificulty in 18?
  • rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BistroXII wrote: »

If you can win on world class on full manual controls on a regular basis this would make you best manual player in world . ....
  • yasendi
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is game is so fun as far as you playing AI. Online is to pacy and encourage high pressure. No fun at all. They need to put stamina punishment for high pressure tactics
  • I’m enjoying it too
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    BistroXII wrote: »

If you can win on world class on full manual controls on a regular basis this would make you best manual player in world . ....

I didn’t say that I can win on world class using manual controls on a regular basis? I wish.

And in my original post I was talking about the AI in ultimate difficulty, never said anything was easy. I replied to your comment re: playing with assisted controls because I thought you were referring to my comment where I said “passing is not a problem in this game”. This meant that I didn’t see an issue with passing not that it was easy.

With respect if you were a bit more specific in your post and referred to what you were commenting on in my post it would have cleared up any confusion.

Cheers mate :) have a good day.
  • BGAlum
    982 posts Professional
    So far I have been extremely disappointed in this game compared to 18. Very much tired of the bugs and issues and overall laggy play. I will not be buying any more in the franchise.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    The game's got potential but there's too many goals. I'm playing 8 minute halves and games are ending 4:4. I either need to find the right sliders or play 4 minute halves which would be quite a retro experience (not in a good way).
  • Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game's got potential but there's too many goals. I'm playing 8 minute halves and games are ending 4:4. I either need to find the right sliders or play 4 minute halves which would be quite a retro experience (not in a good way).

Is that when playing offline against the CPU?