Is it just me? Fifa 19 vs Fifa 18

RealKuxuxu
42 posts Park Captain
Fifa 19 is finally here. Is it just me or apart from the graphics update the gameplay and mechanics feel pretty much the same as 18? Please comment if you’ve tried both versions.

Comments

• I'll let you know if EA ever releases the digital version of the game. But I've played 18 pretty extensively. If there's not much changed I'll notice
  • RealKuxuxu
    42 posts Park Captain
    I hope they do soon, was a mess up at Amazon. Please let me know once you get it. Cheers!
  • Solari
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone able to advise?
  • It is essentially the same game. It looks a bit nicer, it has the Champions League and gameplay includes the new shooting technique but nothing else has changed. It feels and plays like exactly the same game.

Dynamic tactics are missing.
    No Division Rivals.
    No web app.
    I assume no weekly objectives (maybe these will start with the full release this weekend).

My 10 year old son loved Ultimate Team on FIFA18 was desperate for the new one so I got the Champions Edition on early access yesterday. He turned it off after an hour and I doubt it will be played again. He said, "What's the point? It's like we've just deleted our team and started the same game again."

• Solari
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    What about non-ut stuff, any pro club?
  • I think it’s just the same game as 18 I mean the passing is still poor and so is the defending anyone having any problems with this ?
  • I played a bit on my own earlier. Yes, it is the same game as 18.

Also missing Europa League, the radar change that uses circles and triangles for the teams and wasn't there supposed to be something about an indicator telling you which player you will switch to next if you do a manual switch? Not in my game.
  • Rotorooter
    43 posts Park Captain
    The ball moves a load better. Feels slicker to be honest. The FUT stuff is an absolute joke. Plus the fact they just ignored everyone.
  • RealKuxuxu
    42 posts Park Captain
    Same here. I only play Fut so it’s sad but I’ll be Oning back to 18. Have an amazing club and no point starting over again..
  • Rotorooter
    43 posts Park Captain
    Also even if they were to patch in some of the other features, I fear it is already too late. Which is a ridiculous thing to say before it's "official" release date. Thanks EA.
  • hkk
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Chipclub wrote: »
    It is essentially the same game. It looks a bit nicer, it has the Champions League and gameplay includes the new shooting technique but nothing else has changed. It feels and plays like exactly the same game.

Dynamic tactics are missing.
    No Division Rivals.
    No web app.
    I assume no weekly objectives (maybe these will start with the full release this weekend).

My 10 year old son loved Ultimate Team on FIFA18 was desperate for the new one so I got the Champions Edition on early access yesterday. He turned it off after an hour and I doubt it will be played again. He said, "What's the point? It's like we've just deleted our team and started the same game again."

I’ve felt the same way as your son. It is pretty much the same game except of graphical improvements and the new kick off features. Despite everything I think I will enjoy playing the game in handheld mode on the go or at home playing with friends (especially kick off mode).
  • RealKuxuxu
    42 posts Park Captain
    I purchased the game and I prefer 18. Graphics are a little better but gameplay feels exactly the same, with the difference that now you have to press R instead of L to call your player closely when you are on a free kick. So, only cool upgrade is that you can play with friend. I am a bit dissappointed, expected much more
  • Hello everyone, Fifa 19 is good i don't see what is wrong with it. They have added the champions league, Europa league, super cup and so many new tournaments. If you want to find these cups then click kick off, cup final, then featured cup finals and then you will find these.