Gutted

nsholmberg11
1110 posts Professional
Wife says we can't afford to purchase FIFA 19. I'm leaving my current job, driving for Lyft next week and then starting a new career. Money is tight, she ain't making it up. But I'm gutted. Had my heart set on it. Didn't expect to enjoy the trial as much as I have (quit last fut by january i think). We can probably afford it in a few months but this means the squad I've built will have to wait. https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/87099

So, about that GoFundMe page...

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    3380 posts National Call-Up
    Wife says we can't afford to purchase FIFA 19. I'm leaving my current job, driving for Lyft next week and then starting a new career. Money is tight, she ain't making it up. But I'm gutted. Had my heart set on it. Didn't expect to enjoy the trial as much as I have (quit last fut by january i think). We can probably afford it in a few months but this means the squad I've built will have to wait. https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/87099

So, about that GoFundMe page...

Unlucky pal. Cant a mate gameshare it with u. Plus that team will be obsolete in a few months. Trade on the app
  • Java
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    Are you talking about the normal version or ultimate version of FIFA? It's easy to save money by doing small things such as cooking at home. It really shouldn't be that hard to make 50 extra pounds if you're educated. That being said, I don't know your situation. Hopefully things get better for you, good luck.
  • QuinnUK87
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's where you're going wrong lol.. Your wife said you can't have it? You earn your own money pal, if you wana spend 50 quid on a **** game then don't let her dictate to you.
  • QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    That's where you're going wrong lol.. Your wife said you can't have it? You earn your own money pal, if you wana spend 50 quid on a **** game then don't let her dictate to you.

Never been married? Or are you divorced now?

He’s not wrong lol

Use a credit card lul
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »

Well said Quinn. Bollocks to her I bet she gets her make up and silly ornaments from b and m bargains 🤨
  • RobbenStones
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park

At least now we know who does who in your relationship...
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Not divorced. Very happy and content thankyou very much. If she wants to see Mama Mia 2 fair do's but if I want to go to the titty bar that's gotta be cool too.
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move

Not divorced. Very happy and content thankyou very much. If she wants to see Mama Mia 2 fair do's but if I want to go to the titty bar that's gotta be cool too.

Did you really just compare going to see a musical at the cinema to seeing nude women in a strip club? wtf :joy:
  • Colt_seevers
    1067 posts Professional
    Have you tried pimping your wife out mate?
  • MPL4
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    some of the sexiest remarks... Feels like we're in 1940
  • MikeTHEBOSS
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Show her who's boss
  • tommygravesen
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not got other games you could sell to put towards it?
  • joehuk
    3168 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    My wife has never told me what not to buy unless it's ridiculous.

I earn my money as she does hers so we've never told each other what not to buy etc.

But obviously everyone's situation is different.

Hopefully you'll get it soon :))
  • You may not be getting Fifa but you ha e a wife. Peaks and troughs mate
  • Java
    873 posts Semi-Pro
    Futfanatic wrote: »

My wife came with a whole calculation of how much time I waste on fifa in a year and what I could do and earn in that time etc, I should accept that I’m not a child anymore etc. Conclusion was don’t buy it. I told her I wouldn’t buy it if she accepted that she’s not as beautiful anymore as when she was 20, and to stop wasting so much time in front of the mirror. She has not talked to me for two days now which is fine by me, more time to play fifa.

Lmao that's hilarious :D I hope that's only a joke and not real though
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Do you still have kidneys? You only need one, so why not sell the other one? Not only you can buy the game, you can also buy fifa points to open packs.
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    deang07 wrote: »
    me and my mrs have a great respectfull relationship and a 6 yr old boy growing into a lovely lil lad.

imo this is why and these rules have not been broken for the 7 yrs been together.
    simple but effective.

1. we spend time as a family
    2. we spend time as just a couple to
    3. we each have our own hobbies things to do in downtime like fifa for eg.( she dont moan at me for playing i dont moan at her for watching trash on tv lol)
    4. we save for stuff together but i earn my money she earns hers.
    5. i buy wtf i want to as does she as long as bills get paid .
    6. i go where i want when i want as does she as long as we aint made plans with each other.

every person with a family and in a relationship needs time as a family , as just a couple no kids about and lastly time apart from eachother.
    work together to be happy and never put restraints on what one or ther other can and cant do no matter hw small because this in the end will cause the other to start thinking of greener grass.
    im 33 i work hard for me and family i just booked a week off work to chill and play some fifa but my mrs knows it aint just being a kid and playing fifa its also that i need a break and some downtime and tbf there is worse you could **** money on so i get no greif whatsoever.

sorry to get deep just throwing it out there lol :D :D :D :D
    its a one off payment of 50 quid that will give u hours of downtime through the yr , **** me i could go down the pub for couple hours and get a takeaway on way back and do 100quid lmao.

Spot on my man
  • Akifo
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Man the F up
  • Menloh
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sell fifa 18, buy fifa 19

Comes down to your negotiation skills
  • WarrenBarton
    7083 posts Big Money Move
    Go to your local leasure centre. Check all the empty lockers for forgotten pound coins, bunk on the train to the next town and rinse and repeat.
    Keep doing this every couple of hours and if you get caught on the train give a park bench as your address.
    I guarantee you will make enough for a Fifa in at most 2 weeks ;)
  • DUserUP
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    its as simple as buy it when funds permit, its not life changing to own it on release day.
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    Wow fellas, pretty funny responses. I can commiserate with @deang07 , minus the kids that's my life.
    My wife doesn't care that I play FIFA, she encourages it sometimes and knows I enjoy it and the downtime factor too. I'll have the money soon but since I'm changing jobs the money coming in doesn't equal the money going out right now.

Appreciate the support. I'll be able to pick up the game soon, just may miss the first week or so. Which is especially tough bc I don't spend $ of FP, I hate trading and only have enough time for occasional, casual play. Can't wait though, enjoy FIFA season everyone!
  • nsholmberg11
    1110 posts Professional
    @Moose Factory gets it
  • They Caged Non
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    I played the trial for 5 hours last night, and ive decided i wont be 'able to afford' the game now.
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just buy it on the ps store download it and if she asks you questions say it's fifa18 or the Fifa 19 demo

That's assuming you don't share a bank account
  • MarkMCFC
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If it's only a couple of week just get a pay day loan and pay it back when you have it
  • Morro92
    55 posts Park Captain

Hero