4-3-3 pros

DWR
358 posts Sunday League Hero
Lads

Really struggling since I went to 4-3-3 .. can’t seem to get my wingers involved enough and my lone ST doesn’t feel good enough (Firmino).

Considering switching back to 4-4-1-1 as I felt Bobby F was much better as a CF. Also feel Mane would be wasted as a LM so has anyone used Harry Kane yet? Considering him as a ST replacement.

Comments

• Waldog94
    1459 posts Play-Off Hero
    Heard kane is good although havent tried him personally although i have tried both 4411 and 433 and used cavani suarez ibra depay kluivet and a few others and as a lone striker i cant massively get on with any definitely two striker formations for me this year
  • DWR
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    Heard kane is good although havent tried him personally although i have tried both 4411 and 433 and used cavani suarez ibra depay kluivet and a few others and as a lone striker i cant massively get on with any definitely two striker formations for me this year

Cheers mate. Think that’s the way I’m leaning too Firmino was class as a CF off the ST but got lost on his own. May try Arry then!
  • Have you tried 433(5)? Brings your cf into the game as it allows for a more possession style build up.

Im still tinkering with tactics but i go fairly narrow without the ball and pretty wide with it, with my wingers set to get behind
  • I actually prefer a bit more of a targeman style striker when I play a 433. I find it gives some more options
  • nightscrawler
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am still trying the 433. Feeling my wingers are pretty alone / separated. Especially during defense time, only a few MF players in the middle, making me feeling quite vulnerable.
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    352 is the way boys. Defensive minded wingers, pack that midfield
  • Rafael89
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play 433-2 and loving it. Fast build up with balanced pressing seems to work fine. dominating every game since in div 4 with an 80 rated squad. Succes with both targetmen and quicker nimble players up front.
  • BrentfordFC
    11448 posts Has That Special Something
    433 (4) is my go to formation but that’s because I play so high up. Need a striker with enough pace to stretch the cbs and enough strength to hold it up. Around 83 pace is ok. 70+ strength is needed.
  • DWR
    nathswfc wrote: »
    352 is the way boys. Defensive minded wingers, pack that midfield

May give it a go - who you got as wingers?
    I am still trying the 433. Feeling my wingers are pretty alone / separated. Especially during defense time, only a few MF players in the middle, making me feeling quite vulnerable.

That’s the feel I have too that my front 3 are too far apart - may try 4-3-2-1 next.
  • Rafael89
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect

It all depends what you expect from your wingers and what you use them for. For example in a 433-2 the center midfield is quite full withe a CDM and 2 CM's tracking back. My wingers will drop down a bit but I don't mind that my wings are a little open on defense in midfield. If necessary my RB/LB can jump in that space. But if you like you can set your wingers to 'track back on defense'.

I think you should never set your wingers to 'cut inside', because it will kill the little space you have in the centre of the field whilst attacking. And if the opponent is pressuring you, a winger on the sideline is always open to receive a pass and/or create a 1-2 with a CM/FB. If you use a strong striker you can hold the ball and the CM's will bomb in the box to create chances. I think I average +15 shots a game, all around the box. Feel free to ask any questions.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16124 posts World Class
    433 (4) is my go to formation but that’s because I play so high up. Need a striker with enough pace to stretch the cbs and enough strength to hold it up. Around 83 pace is ok. 70+ strength is needed.

This pretty much. Batshuayi was great up top. Tryna find a prem replacement is hard
  • Shaanxz
    20096 posts Club Captain
    433 (2)

Full backs balanced
    Cdm: stay back: cover centre:
    Cm’s; get forward: get into box and free roam
    Wingers: stay forward: cut inside: get in behind: get into box and conservative interceptions
    St: stay central: target man: stay forward: conservative interceptions:

Put width on the lowest for both parts of tactics
  • BrentfordFC
    11448 posts Has That Special Something

This pretty much. Batshuayi was great up top. Tryna find a prem replacement is hard

Arnie is pretty good. But more of a 4321 striker
  • dylanmaasie
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rafael89 wrote: »
    I play 433-2 and loving it. Fast build up with balanced pressing seems to work fine. dominating every game since in div 4 with an 80 rated squad. Succes with both targetmen and quicker nimble players up front.

I like the formation😀 but can you tell me your instructions for the players and your tactics
  • REDUNITED3
    492 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    433 (2)

Full backs balanced
    Cdm: stay back: cover centre:
    Cm’s; get forward: get into box and free roam
    Wingers: stay forward: cut inside: get in behind: get into box and conservative interceptions
    St: stay central: target man: stay forward: conservative interceptions:

Put width on the lowest for both parts of tactics

What's the other tactics you use mate
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1217 posts Professional
    Rafael89 wrote: »

It all depends what you expect from your wingers and what you use them for. For example in a 433-2 the center midfield is quite full withe a CDM and 2 CM's tracking back. My wingers will drop down a bit but I don't mind that my wings are a little open on defense in midfield. If necessary my RB/LB can jump in that space. But if you like you can set your wingers to 'track back on defense'.

I think you should never set your wingers to 'cut inside', because it will kill the little space you have in the centre of the field whilst attacking. And if the opponent is pressuring you, a winger on the sideline is always open to receive a pass and/or create a 1-2 with a CM/FB. If you use a strong striker you can hold the ball and the CM's will bomb in the box to create chances. I think I average +15 shots a game, all around the box. Feel free to ask any questions.

Great points. I agree about the cutting inside. I like to leave at least one if not both to not do so. The reason I like to play 433 is for so width. Especially when the full backs get involved, you often either have 2 on 1 situations, or force a CB to come out to help, leaving more space in the box.
  • Navraat
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    Best instruction for CR7 upfront in 433?
  • Nankatsu
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Rafael89 How do you set up the CM? One stay forward while the other one balance? In custom tactics, do you get a lot players rush to the box for cross so that the CM bomb forward for header?

• Shaanxz
    20096 posts Club Captain
    Having both on get forward will allow you more options when crossing. But more importantly the option to overload side top side
  • Danic123
    2263 posts Fans' Favourite

Morata
  • Rafael89 wrote: »

What is "balanced pressing"? Thought you could only have balanced or a press.
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Having both on get forward will allow you more options when crossing. But more importantly the option to overload side top side

With the width on 1 for defending, people can abuse the through balls down the wings right? Also when attacking do you find it too narrow?
  • Whoman
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    @Shaanxz Thanks for the posts, going to try and incorporate it via gameplans as a 2nd half tactic going:

Roberto-Bartra-Gabriel-Telles
    Allan
    Koke SMS
    F.Anderson Perisic Rodrigo

(or switch front 3 around)