Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• kayron16
    1951 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    The man, the myth, the legend @Gary3022 is also 29-1, currently 65th in the world so should be enough to stay top100? Not sure what's happened to him but pretty sure that's his first WL this year and with a much weaker team than other top100 contenders. Man's a beast. This is his team:

433-3 (not sure what it goes to IG, guessing 4231 or so)
    Salah - Griezmann - Mbappe
    Fabinho - IF Ben Yedder - CL Kondogbia
    Robertson - Umtiti - Varane - IF De Marcos
    Ter Stegen

Impressive.

Salah is disgusting, played against a guy who nailed 3 1st time finesses with him from the corner of the box
  • Mini_Miudo
    8672 posts League Winner
    kayron16 wrote: »
    The man, the myth, the legend @Gary3022 is also 29-1, currently 65th in the world so should be enough to stay top100? Not sure what's happened to him but pretty sure that's his first WL this year and with a much weaker team than other top100 contenders. Man's a beast. This is his team:

433-3 (not sure what it goes to IG, guessing 4231 or so)
    Salah - Griezmann - Mbappe
    Fabinho - IF Ben Yedder - CL Kondogbia
    Robertson - Umtiti - Varane - IF De Marcos
    Ter Stegen

Impressive.

Salah is disgusting, played against a guy who nailed 3 1st time finesses with him from the corner of the box

I have him as well and I love him, but that squad is nothing compared those teams with CR7, icons, etc.
  • Jarigunner
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ended at 20-7. CBA going for Elite in this gameplay. lost 3 Games against Opponents who weren't even good at the game. But quite happy with G1 since Elite 3 never brought me any good rewards in previous fifa installments.
  • Wattzeefuik
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was normally going normally around 22-8,hardly played last 2 weeks was just playing to gold 3 normally going 14-3 decided to play the full wl this week and im sitting 18-9 what the hell happened to this game
  • Delboy13710
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    Ended up with g2 which was my aim at the start of the weekend as been pretty busy .

Changed teams about 5 times trying to fit D Alvez in and I’ve reached the conclusion he’s not a good RB just leaves you exposed and gets out muscled too easy . Going to get IF Valencia swap In game will try him at RAM during the week

Wish I could just stick to 1 team all weekend but every weekend I end up changing my team falling right into EA hands with all the player tax
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Footfan wrote: »
    PureFramez wrote: »
    11-1 i think its my joint best start in WL but this time my team is strong in every area. My only loss was against a player who seemed to score every chance he got. Lost 2-7 but had many chances to score including a penalty. Firmino is the best non-icon box to box player.

Now 14-1 my best WL ever. Firmino is amazing at cdm alongside kante. Im finally being rewarded for my strongest team so far

15-1
    im scared to lose again, i want to finish elite for my first time in any fifa

16-2 i lost an even game i was winning in near the end of the match

17-2 then 17-3. Looks like i am unlikely to get elite, i may stop now.

Bro you just have to win 6 out of 10 games. Keep going you can do it!

Introduced loan mbappe into my starting line up, everyone on 10 chem. 2 rage quits now 19-4 vamos

20-4
    Reached my first gold 1 in this fifa, only because i continued playing.

21-4
    Beat a ridiculous squad with prime icons neymar Cr7

22-4
    A tough 1-0 victory. Loan Mbappe has been a big help. He has one more game left. Im going to use loan Neymar on 7 chem after for my last 3 games.

Vamos!!!!!
    23-4
    I just recorded my first elite finish after 2-3 years of trying. Vamos

Vamos i still cant believe it, i have been trying to get Elite since the first month WL came out in fifa 17. I finally reached it

Im now playing a **** who's time wasting from the first half. He's winning 3-0. Now 3-1

23-5
    Lost 6-3 to a bad player with Cr7 but a very poor keeper Areola. Embarrassing but the connection made my players move like they were carrying heavy items

23-6 then finished on 24-6 by making my opponent rage quit.
    I was too much of a p*ssy in the game that made me miss out on Elite 2, i lost 0-1. I shouldve played attacking from the start.
  • JV24601
    822 posts Semi-Pro
    My weekend league review.

- it’s the same every week. My wins and losses are identical
    - Everyone has the same team pretty much which makes for insanely boring matches
    - I played the worst I’ve played for a long time but got my same amount of wins I always get. Id get them with a bronze team tbf
    - Constant pressure is back with a vengeance
    - Tackling/strength - now this is the rest of the thread.

Please read and let me know your thoughts and advice if you have any.

So I experienced this weekend something that made my gameplay almost impossible.
    The constant pressure meant that I barely had time to control the ball never mind pass.
    However, when I did, I was being muscled off the ball every single time without fail.
    Icardi could muscle my Varane off the ball when in possession and when holding L1 dribble and having his back to him.
    This was recurring through the matches. But I couldn’t do the same back, and when I did tackle, they weren’t falling over and they weren’t losing the ball. Even full force slide tackles were barely having an effect.
    Finally, my control. I could not control the ball. It was bouncing off my players every time without me even pressing sprint - which I am guilty of using too much. Is this just a bad player trait?

Has something changed or is there a new button or something?
    If anyone experienced the same or has some controls advice, please let me know.

If not, then it was my seriously bad account taking the pee out of me again.
  • Footfan
    JV24601 wrote: »

- Everyone has the same team pretty much which makes for insanely boring matches
    - I played the worst I’ve played for a long time but got my same amount of wins I always get. Id get them with a bronze team tbf

So I experienced this weekend something that made my gameplay almost impossible.
    The constant pressure meant that I barely had time to control the ball never mind pass.
    However, when I did, I was being muscled off the ball every single time without fail.
    Icardi could muscle my Varane off the ball when in possession and when holding L1 dribble and having his back to him.
    This was recurring through the matches. But I couldn’t do the same back, and when I did tackle, they weren’t falling over and they weren’t losing the ball. Even full force slide tackles were barely having an effect.
    Finally, my control. I could not control the ball. It was bouncing off my players every time without me even pressing sprint - which I am guilty of using too much. Is this just a bad player trait?

The same thing happened with me in my losses. I could barely create a chance and all my players were always marked. When i switched to high depth and changed formation, i was able to get to the final third more easily, but his whole team's defending was still OP. No matter how strong my players are i was still getting outmuscled by weak and smaller players.
  • JV24601
    822 posts Semi-Pro
    JV24601 wrote: »

The same thing happened with me in my losses. I could barely create a chance and all my players were always marked. When i switched to high depth and changed formation, i was able to get to the final third more easily, but his whole team's defending was still OP. No matter how strong my players are i was still getting outmuscled by weak and smaller players.

I haven’t even felt this before building up, it was just massively evident this weekend league.
    Without doubt my worst one yet.

Last week I got my same score and played my best FIFA ever so felt robbed.
    This week I barely felt in control because of these things. I think my possession stats will have been an all time low.

Same score tho
  • Devers
    6272 posts Big Money Move
    sunday night is always full of the biggest kunts
  • Mini_Miudo
    8672 posts League Winner
    Devers wrote: »
    sunday night is always full of the biggest kunts

But you're playing Sunday night... :trollface:
  • Manda1997
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    How do I go 7-0, winning every game by at least 2 goals, and then the next three games my players turn into donkeys. So over the same crap every weekend
  • Devers
    6272 posts Big Money Move
    unbelievable

friday-saturday 15-5

sunday 3-7

button delay is sick
  • fifaUTben
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished 21-9 with this team, happy with that!

vcqo0.png
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    13993 posts Has That Special Something
    fifaUTben wrote: »

vcqo0.png

It's a pretty good team. You have the best CB and one of the best GKs in the game. Nothing to gloat about.
  • Footfan

vcqo0.png

It's a pretty good team. You have the best CB and one of the best GKs in the game. Nothing to gloat about.

That team is trash except for the back 3 and GK.
  • Elliot666
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    Manda1997 wrote: »
    How do I go 7-0, winning every game by at least 2 goals, and then the next three games my players turn into donkeys. So over the same crap every weekend

happens to me every week its match making... your playing players better than you that's all.

I always go 5-6-7 0 then get to about 14-2 or 14-3 then lose about 5-6 in a row because im playing players +15 the max.. (I think its +5 or -5 you can play with your record. so makes sense.
  • fifaUTben
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special

vcqo0.png

I'm really not gloating, just happy with my finish!
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ

vcqo0.png

I'm really not gloating, just happy with my finish!

Fair enough. I'd love Rio tho. :D
  • ha032742
    33596 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Very good effort and I disagree with @Pepe Le DiLzZ

There are many on here who wouldn’t get anywhere near that with the same team :+1:

I’m sure you came up against some god squads as well and held your own.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    ha032742 wrote: »

There are many on here who wouldn’t get anywhere near that with the same team :+1:

It's cos I keep on facing these **** teams every other game with the exception of POTM Lucas Moura. Wish people would dissolve that Moura card now. :D
  • ha032742
    33596 posts Moderator

It's cos I keep on facing these **** teams every other game with the exception of POTM Lucas Moura. Wish people would dissolve that Moura card now. :D

:joy:

I know that feel bro :'(

Play like cack for me but destroy my icon team :anguished:
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ

:joy:

I know that feel bro :'(

Play like cack for me but destroy my icon team :anguished:

My Benatia got out jumped by him. I mean how?
  • MadScorpion12
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished even at 14-14 (didn't bother to play the last 2). This can be one extremely frustrating game. Some games I am literally pinned back in my third. Can hardly make any passes that aren't intercepted, can't seem to control the ball no matter who has it, and forever conceding some really ridiculous goals where my players even under manual control and in perfect position don't get to the ball or jump. Manual defense always seems a step slow or I can't switch to the right player in time.

Then we have the games where I can obliterate my opponents scoring 3 in less than 20 minutes or making a formation change to come from 2-0 down and win 5-2. I just detest how wildly inconsistent this game is. I am truly starting to believe some of it is scripted. The momentum shifts can be very random and the last minute goals are nuts. I lost a game where a defender shot thru traffic from outside the box with 18 as his shot rating. It went through a crowded box and blasted into the net with my Ederson just standing there frozen. Meanwhile in that same game I hit the posts no less than 5 times from inside the box with PEA and TB Sturridge. smh
  • Dolph
    941 posts Professional
    Had my first chance to ever play more than 10ish games, went 11-8, I’m happy with that. Not bad for and old guy
  • fifaplayerbol
    4172 posts National Call-Up
    @Gar
    Devers wrote: »
    unbelievable

friday-saturday 15-5

sunday 3-7

button delay is sick

Friday = 0-0

Saturday = 5-0

Sunday 18-6 :D

Games are easier on a sunday if you leave them late, a lot of people with super teams just quit after 1-0
  • Tymsy83
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Elliot666 wrote: »
    Manda1997 wrote: »

happens to me every week its match making... your playing players better than you that's all.

I always go 5-6-7 0 then get to about 14-2 or 14-3 then lose about 5-6 in a row because im playing players +15 the max.. (I think its +5 or -5 you can play with your record. so makes sense.

Not really true, better players sometimes but most of the time it’s guys next to servers who get easier wins. You can tell they are trash but they are a good second ahead of you to every ball
  • Mini_Miudo
    8672 posts League Winner
    This just happened today... honestly curious to see if I'm even gonna be able to get a win in div1 without even using timed finishing. :lol:
  • A_Snipe
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dolph wrote: »
    Had my first chance to ever play more than 10ish games, went 11-8, I’m happy with that. Not bad for and old guy

I’d say that’s pretty good. Im 24 and only go 14 and 10
  • Retro_G
    24577 posts Club Captain
    This just happened today... honestly curious to see if I'm even gonna be able to get a win in div1 without even using timed finishing. :lol:

Nice, well played, there is people in division 1 without timed finishing. Pro Tas wasn't using it, that's why I was saying people over exaggerate timed finishing. It's not even that important, good concept and poor execution.