>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• ha032742
    33944 posts Moderator
    17-5, the lag this weekend has been consistently terrible @ha032742 even at 1am last night

Played 11 games today already, so I am very tired, not sure I will be able to get 6-3 for elite atm

Bad enough that Neymar feels like a bronze on the ball?
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional
    Just had my favourite moment of the weekend league right there.

Played my final game which didn’t matter.
    Was going to give it away if it was played in the right spirit and I was winning.
    A couple of gifts around the 85th minute would’ve occurred.

So I score in 10 mins and L1/R1 it.
    He equalises before half time, dances and watches the whole celebration.
    Scores from kick off and shushes me to the camera.

I then proceed to score 3 and control the game thereafter.
    Unlucky pal, if only you hadn’t been a bell.
    Hope you needed the win badly!
  • Retro_G
    25347 posts Player of the Year
    ha032742 wrote: »
    No one else having unplayable unresponsive gameplay at the moment? :/

Yeah it's trash
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Footfan wrote: »
    PureFramez wrote: »
    11-1 i think its my joint best start in WL but this time my team is strong in every area. My only loss was against a player who seemed to score every chance he got. Lost 2-7 but had many chances to score including a penalty. Firmino is the best non-icon box to box player.

Now 14-1 my best WL ever. Firmino is amazing at cdm alongside kante. Im finally being rewarded for my strongest team so far

15-1
    im scared to lose again, i want to finish elite for my first time in any fifa

16-2 i lost an even game i was winning in near the end of the match

17-2 then 17-3. Looks like i am unlikely to get elite, i may stop now.

Bro you just have to win 6 out of 10 games. Keep going you can do it!

Introduced loan mbappe into my starting line up, everyone on 10 chem. 2 rage quits now 19-4 vamos

20-4
    Reached my first gold 1 in this fifa, only because i continued playing.

21-4
    Beat a ridiculous squad with prime icons neymar Cr7

22-4
    A tough 1-0 victory. Loan Mbappe has been a big help. He has one more game left. Im going to use loan Neymar on 7 chem after for my last 3 games.

Vamos!!!!!
    23-4
    I just recorded my first elite finish after 2-3 years of trying. Vamos

Vamos i still cant believe it, i have been trying to get Elite since the first month WL came out in fifa 17. I finally reached it

Im now playing a **** who's time wasting from the first half. He's winning 3-0. Now 3-1

23-5
    Lost 6-3 to a bad player with Cr7 but a very poor keeper Areola. Embarrassing but the connection made my players move like they were carrying heavy items on their back.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Typical of ea to start matching me with god squads need two from 5 and I lost two. Lost both games 1-0 as well. **** these timed finesse shots.
  • Retro1989
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Beat this guy 1-0, he was absolute scum. Took two full pauses at kick off to sort his team, constant pressure and only tried finesse shots. Played another game and won, then i just got put into the a match against the constant pressure guy again, WTF is this matchmaking?
  • Demon_reborn
    2659 posts Fans' Favourite
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    Guys, genuine question, i hope you can help me here.

Often when i am trough on goal and rushing to the ball, the first touch is so heavy that the gk rushes me to it.

So i kept pressing sprint until i come close to the ball and keep pressing forward without holding sprint. But then my players stops, look at this clip.

I could use some help to know what to do in this situation to improve my chances of scoring.

i know you dont like me but a ball roll and finess to the side of the goal you went helps. also in the case of a defender near you doing a ball roll the opposite way gives you a second to either move back or let a shot fly.
  • Equinox 85
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Seriously these servers are a disgrace. How the hell are you supposed to pass a ball when it takes a second or two??
  • MrMagicNL
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    MrMagicNL wrote: »
    Every single game at least once i have speed up lag all of a sudden?! Never had this before this weekend league. How the f is this possible

Speed up lag is on your end.

Impossible, my internet has a speed with 190mbps and downloadspeed like 20mbps. So can’t be my internet. Also never ever had this before.
    Every single game at least once i have speed up lag all of a sudden?! Never had this before this weekend league. How the f is this possible

Impossible, my internet has a speed with 190mbps and downloadspeed like 20mbps. So can’t be my internet. Also never ever had this before.

It is on your end, this is not up for discussion. I need to make something clear for people as I see this nonsense all the time, speed means nothing when it comes to gaming, NOTHING. A 5mb connection with low ping and no jitter will out perform connections with much higher speeds that have high ping and jitter. Speed up lag on Fifa is ALWAYS on your end.

Well Mister KnowItAll, how do you explain that I never had problems like this before, didn’t change my internet or change anything about it, and out of the blue I get this **** speed up lag? Also don’t have problems with Fortnite or RDR2 or whatever. It’s just Fifa(EA). Their servers are ****

You need to understand how the internet works, there are a multitude of factors that can affect internet connections and I'm certainly not going to go through them here. FIFA players have this strange misconception that their internet connection is never at fault because there internet is fast, this is total nonsense. I've worked for internet service providers and have a background in computer science, I know how this works. If I tell you it's on your end, then it's on your end. You should accept that and do something about it rather than blame Ea for something that isn't there fault. Their servers are bad but speed up lag is not caused by their servers.

And how can I resolve it? Never had this until today, so my router is causing this problem out of the blue you say with other words. How can I check why I have speed up lag since this day?
  • PRlME_7
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Been playing awful all weekend. Play division 1 and beat 2 top 100 players back to back. Why do I lose to gold 1 players FFS
  • Retro1989
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Right that's me done, the same constant pressure guy 3 times now. I know the PC community is small on Fifa but this is just silly now.
  • Caspertjuh
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    Guys, genuine question, i hope you can help me here.

Often when i am trough on goal and rushing to the ball, the first touch is so heavy that the gk rushes me to it.

So i kept pressing sprint until i come close to the ball and keep pressing forward without holding sprint. But then my players stops, look at this clip.

I could use some help to know what to do in this situation to improve my chances of scoring.

i know you dont like me but a ball roll and finess to the side of the goal you went helps. also in the case of a defender near you doing a ball roll the opposite way gives you a second to either move back or let a shot fly.

That was a long time ago. Thank you for your help. Appreciate it. Need to practice fitrst touch ball roll, not always pulling it off while i think i move the right analoge stick the right way.
  • Retro_G
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Right that's me done, the same constant pressure guy 3 times now. I know the PC community is small on Fifa but this is just silly now.

There is five major flaws with this game:

1. Poor netcode
    2. High pressure abuse
    3. First time finesse shots
    4. Kick-off goals
    5. Ineffective shielding

If EA fixed them issues, we would've a good game, but some of them issues has plagued this game for years and makes you wonder if they're there by design.
  • Ruprecht
    77 posts Park Captain
    17-5 from 6-4. Sold middle Blanc Friday and bought Mbappe, Varane, Kimpembe and Courtois and played miles better since. Only time I've gone away is the game is the first game I played tonight and I lost it. Consciously went home in the others and it makes a world of difference.
  • fifaplayerbol
    4257 posts National Call-Up
    21-6

2-1 for elite but I'm def gonna bottle it. Matchmaking is insane and hands are tired as f
  • fifaplayerbol
    Du-An-Rb-KXQAEY5mm-jpg-large.jpg

22-6, about to bottle elite.....

• SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite

It is on your end, this is not up for discussion. I need to make something clear for people as I see this nonsense all the time, speed means nothing when it comes to gaming, NOTHING. A 5mb connection with low ping and no jitter will out perform connections with much higher speeds that have high ping and jitter. Speed up lag on Fifa is ALWAYS on your end.

Well Mister KnowItAll, how do you explain that I never had problems like this before, didn’t change my internet or change anything about it, and out of the blue I get this **** speed up lag? Also don’t have problems with Fortnite or RDR2 or whatever. It’s just Fifa(EA). Their servers are ****

You need to understand how the internet works, there are a multitude of factors that can affect internet connections and I'm certainly not going to go through them here. FIFA players have this strange misconception that their internet connection is never at fault because there internet is fast, this is total nonsense. I've worked for internet service providers and have a background in computer science, I know how this works. If I tell you it's on your end, then it's on your end. You should accept that and do something about it rather than blame Ea for something that isn't there fault. Their servers are bad but speed up lag is not caused by their servers.

And how can I resolve it? Never had this until today, so my router is causing this problem out of the blue you say with other words. How can I check why I have speed up lag since this day?

If you are connecting wirelessly try connecting with an ethernet cable, wireless will be the number one cause of this. If you can't connect wirelessly, try changing the wireless channel on your router as you may be getting Wireless interference in your area (maybe from a neighbours router or something else broadcasting on the same frequency). Also if your router is far away from the console you could get a powerline adapter which could make a big difference. Sometimes a simple router reset can make a big difference as well.

Do a test for ping and jitter, just search Google for that as there's plenty of sites that will do that type of test. It will give you an idea of what the issue is.

You could also do things like put your console into dmz, but I wouldn't recommend that as you really shouldn't have to do that. Opening some ports on the router could maybe help. Failing that speak to your ISP.
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite

😂I’m 22-6 too, feeling the same lol
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Ended up on 17 wins. Anything above 14 is a bonus. Still have 8 games to play but not bothered. Bring on the player picks :-)
  • fifaplayerbol
    edited December 2018
    kayron16 wrote: »

DuAsHpvXcAICbtl.jpg:large

I did it!!

@Mini_Miudo how you get elite every week I do not know - I am exhausted!!

CR7 was the difference this week
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Made elite for 1st time. Finished 23-6
  • Mini_Miudo
    9274 posts League Winner
    edited December 2018
    kayron16 wrote: »

I did it!!

@Mini_Miudo how you get elite every week I do not know - I am exhausted!!

CR7 was the difference this week

Without using timed finishing, with an average team (by WL Elite standards). I don't know either. :joy: Congrats to both of you.
  • fifaplayerbol
    DuAsvGfXQAAgSco.jpg:large

I haven't played with a better player all FIFA. These are all 24 games of this WL (not including the 6 easy games at the start).

He runs the team completely.

Using him in this

DuAtJWVWkAA_TEZ.jpg:large

After the formation change:

DuAtRHpWoAI21SD.jpg:large

• Retro_G
    14 wins in the bag. I'll leave it at that, try play a full weekend next week. Inform Bakayoko is a great super sub, happy enough with my performance, the majority got a proper slapping.

Think I played Boras Legend, was the same badge he uses. Lost in extra time by one goal, filthy sweaty cut back done me in the final minute.
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    27-3, quite happy as I was 17-3 lol. @Chabraka1738 29-1 I see, but not enough for T100 I think.
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Best time to play for me is Friday morning / afternoon and Sunday. Saturday is unplayable for me gameplay wise
  • Alexrb89
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best time to play for me is Friday morning / afternoon and Sunday. Saturday is unplayable for me gameplay wise

Me too
  • Mini_Miudo
    9274 posts League Winner
    edited December 2018
    The man, the myth, the legend @Gary3022 is also 29-1, currently 65th in the world so should be enough to stay top100? Not sure what's happened to him but pretty sure that's his first WL this year and with a much weaker team than other top100 contenders. Man's a beast. This is his team:

433-3 (not sure what it goes to IG, guessing 4231 or so)
    Salah - Griezmann - Mbappe
    Fabinho - IF Ben Yedder - CL Kondogbia
    Robertson - Umtiti - Varane - IF De Marcos
    Ter Stegen

Impressive.
  • Retro_G
    Congrats to all of you who got elite, very impressive from @Gary3022 with such an average team.
  • sturges12345
    2728 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    where's the games with forumers thread?