>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• ha032742
    35051 posts Moderator
    ha032742 wrote: »
    I've put a loan Handonovic on my bench now :joy: Just in case, damn right crapped myself :joy: when that happened

What team are you running now with Mertens?

Have you sold the Goretzka cards yet?

37f0253814c2132c3feab0ffea1406b0.png

Switch to 41212(2) on d pad with Mertens at CAM, really didn't like him at first but last 10 games he's come good. A few games I've stayed 442 if I score early and that formation is working. 4321 is my ultra d set up.

Nice team :+1:

Was tempted to get OTW Ronaldo but his possible court case put me off so I’ve stuck to the NIF I got for 1.4m :#
  • Jarigunner
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    Going 12-4 right now. Was on a nice win streak but as expected i faced a far better oponnent than my previous ones after a few wins. Guy had a far superior team than i have and lost 4-1 fair and square. Nothing to compain about. Still on course for Gold 3 and even higher 'something i didn't expected to be happening'.
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    8-8 right now, grind is real. Have to say compared to last year I feel like when I lose it's to the better player. I had two losses early on against absolutely awful players, but it was entirely my fault for playing while irritated. If I can get to 14 wins I'll be pretty happy honestly.
  • freakjas
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    From 6-1 to 8-9. lovely.
  • Retro_G
    28221 posts Player of the Year
    I've put a loan Handonovic on my bench now :joy: Just in case, damn right crapped myself :joy: when that happened

Switch to 41212(2) on d pad with Mertens at CAM, really didn't like him at first but last 10 games he's come good. A few games I've stayed 442 if I score early and that formation is working. 4321 is my ultra d set up.

Was tempted to get OTW Ronaldo but his possible court case put me off so I’ve stuck to the NIF I got for 1.4m :#

Nothing happening for the next two weeks, he could easily get an inform before anything happens.
  • This game is genuinely horrific. Whoever got paid to give the nod that it was set for release should be fired.....then subsequently shot.
  • ha032742
    35051 posts Moderator
    Retro_G wrote: »

Nothing happening for the next two weeks, he could easily get an inform before anything happens.

I don’t think he’ll play much if at all and even if he does EA won’t pick him.
  • freakjas
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    It’s actually hilarious that most of the times not defending at all is more effective than defending yourself.
    The amount of goals I’ve conceded where my players can’t get the ball after a tackle is so ridiculous
  • Jrutts
    694 posts Professional
    Currently sitting at 10 wins in 16 so pretty ok for me
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    14-9 at the moment. Unlikely to get gold 1 the way delay is happening so not sure whether to stick at gold 3 or get gold 2.
  • mufcscott__
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone else think FUT Champs is a lot easier than Rivals?
  • v4vendetta1978
    2797 posts Fans' Favourite
    Utterly pointless playing some games it’s still there from last year you just have no chance iv lost 8 in a row , I’ll have to spend on Fifa points so I can buy better players so my team will work better :D or learn to play the game better , strange cus I can win loads in rivals
  • Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro
    Anyone else think FUT Champs is a lot easier than Rivals?

Certainly is way easier than Division 4, saying that I got relegated to 5 and the opponents are so much easier. I like this new system since I should get to 10 wins easily lol
  • Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    14-6. Happy with 2 player picks, i think packs from G3 are better than G2, G1 is possible but don't really care, E3 improbable so yeah, ending it here.

This is great, from 40 games to 20 games. Thank you EA for removing monthly rewards!
  • Notis7
    63 posts Park Captain
    How many dynamic tactic options do people need in order not to pause at kick off? So annoying.
  • MrMagicNL
    653 posts Semi-Pro
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    14-6. Happy with 2 player picks, i think packs from G3 are better than G2, G1 is possible but don't really care, E3 improbable so yeah, ending it here.

This is great, from 40 games to 20 games. Thank you EA for removing monthly rewards!

Are you sure that there won’t be monthlies? Because you still get ranked for how many games you won monthly.. Or is it for something else?
  • Zv1k0
    MrMagicNL wrote: »

Are you sure that there won’t be monthlies? Because you still get ranked for how many games you won monthly.. Or is it for something else?

Weekly reward player picks replace monthy rewards:
    6367299737952250792568761.jpg
  • MrMagicNL
    653 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018

Thanks! Do you think that we maybe only get monthly rank kit or is that also gone
  • Zv1k0

Thanks! Do you think that we maybe only get monthly rank kit or is that also gone

No idea.
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had to win my last game to get Gold 3 and managed it. JFC that was hard for me. Age is really catching up with me now, some of the pressure kids put on me is just too much for me to handle. :joy:
  • reidabalda
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    What are these player picks rewards?
  • CarpeDiem
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero
    reidabalda wrote: »
    What are these player picks rewards?

Red TOTW players (untradeable) 5 will pop up like a draft and you pick which one you want to add to the club.
  • number7rocky
    4196 posts National Call-Up
    16-3 now played another couple and done for the day, stayed 442 aswell, that's 4/5 wins doing that now. Also got my first rage message of WL :blush: :joy: Really good day of fifa for me. Conceded just 4 unavoidable goals. A corner header, a kick of goal, a rebound which my keeper palms into the net and a insane free kick of Bale. Frustrating goals to concede but got the wins :blush:
  • RedKos
    1256 posts Professional
    Any tips on countering high pressure in delayed games? I'm losing my mind every time I get a lead and my opponent calls in the dog kill streak from cod to put 5 players on me. I have no much trouble if the gameplay is crispy but today I wasted 2 easy wins like this.

14-6 right now. I'll be happy if I get gold at this rate. Need urgent upgrades.
  • Zv1k0
    RedKos wrote: »
    14-6 right now. I'll be happy if I get gold at this rate. Need urgent upgrades.

14 wins is gold 3. ;)
  • Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    20-4 atm! Thought I'd struggle to get Gold 3 after playing Rivals but this is actually so much easier, I love it! haha Actually enjoying the game.

Will try to get Elite later or tomorrow.
  • Del654
    676 posts Semi-Pro
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    20-4 atm! Thought I'd struggle to get Gold 3 after playing Rivals but this is actually so much easier, I love it! haha Actually enjoying the game.

Will try to get Elite later or tomorrow.

I'm struggling, dunno why. I should be doing so much better then what I am
  • SyNation2
    1017 posts Professional
    11-1, this game is ridiculous man, tackles goes back to opponents, kick1 off goals, crossing OP, and defenders blocked shots like superman. I rather pass back or cross in 1v1 situation even with good angles cuz its so inconsistent. only finesse shots work,,, so much random chit.... :D :D
  • WAWAW
    75 posts Park Captain
    I seem to be conceding some of the most stupid shots on goal lately. In what feels like every other game during FUT Champs i've conceded a goal where the ball has been passed to the opponents striker and they just shoot straight away their first touch being the shot and it goes in? I've not seen any Youtube videos about it but it seems like everybody is doing it?
  • Andyw19_88
    469 posts Sunday League Hero
    WAWAW wrote: »
    I seem to be conceding some of the most stupid shots on goal lately. In what feels like every other game during FUT Champs i've conceded a goal where the ball has been passed to the opponents striker and they just shoot straight away their first touch being the shot and it goes in? I've not seen any Youtube videos about it but it seems like everybody is doing it?

Same, pass out with the cb and it just pings off their forward,struggling to pass tonight every ball is intercepted,can't shoot as I'd like either every shot is a panic for me