>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    5-0 so far and every single game was walking in the park, it was sooooo easy compared to Rivals.

Since rivals only match you with someone in your skill rating, you are going to find tougher opponents in general but in WL, it does not work the same way so I have to agree with @Primal here that I enjoy WL so much more than Rivals.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Currently 10-1, no idea how but i'm defending really well at the moment and winning most of my games by a close margin
  • reidabalda
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    4-4 possibly 4-5 since I was winning 4-0 when for some reason i lost connection to EA Servers... seems like i finally understood how this EA defense works
  • Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2018
    Well at present it’s clearly matching me against people close to me since I haven’t had server lag yet. Played 4 won 4 all quit on me
  • Ronaldo
    3746 posts National Call-Up
    11-1 Lets see if I start off the year with a top 100 spot, although I have a feeling losing that one game is enough to not get it
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    BenzP7 wrote: »
    5-0 so far and every single game was walking in the park, it was sooooo easy compared to Rivals.

Since rivals only match you with someone in your skill rating, you are going to find tougher opponents in general but in WL, it does not work the same way so I have to agree with @Primal here that I enjoy WL so much more than Rivals.

Yeah but you're going to get better by playing people around your skill level.
  • Harj96
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So silly that you have to redeem your entry for the weekend league
  • Moe_86
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    This game hahaha. Broken beyond repair.

Whatever formation I pick or how many new teams I create - the same glitch/bug keeps appearing where my CDM's are positioned as ST or RW and I can't do anything about it.

Lost my first game in WL because my CDM's were Leon Bailey and Dries Mertens and whatever I did - it wouldn't change.

If you changing formation during the game this happens that’s mean you have to update your formation from the tactic menu and replace there position
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »

I like Rivals because you play someone good all the time and I think that's the reason why the games on WL so far has been extremely easy
  • Del654
    676 posts Semi-Pro
    Terrible start for me
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Ending tonight 11-5, had a decent winstreak of around 6 games and then lost 4 in a row but i'm pretty happy so far as i was only expecting Gold 3
  • Jarigunner
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    7-3 Now. quite enjoying the game ATM. Never thought i would say that. Gameplay is clearly better then in rivals.

Loss came off 2 corner and a 93 min cross which led to a 3-2 defeat unfortunately. Still very happy with the record considering i only came up against teams which were far more superior than mine.

Also bought Dzeko and the man is a god! 28 goals and 4 assists in 11 matches :o (4 or 5 of them in SB)

Tomorrow i'll be back on the grind.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »

I like Rivals because you play someone good all the time and I think that's the reason why the games on WL so far has been extremely easy

WL is turning into the casual mode. They should've just removed WL completely, left FUT rivals open all week. It's the perfect competitive format. They could've replaced WL with the champions leauge license, done something akin to the world cup mode on Fifa 18 and made it casual without skill based matchmaking.

It's important to have a good mix of competitive, casual gamemodes, they could've even brought back the Gold/Silver/Bronze cups.
  • Primal
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    10-0 gameplay felt pretty decent.
  • sturges12345
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    how do you check your record on fut champs
    doesnt say
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Harj96 wrote: »
    So silly that you have to redeem your entry for the weekend league

It's a good thing. If you haven't got time to play one weekend at least you can save it for another week
  • sturges12345
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    My weekend summed up:
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    5-0 in WL, don't get it play so much better than in div 4, every game been more easy than rivals, normally I would get around 23 wins max in fifa 18 and sometimes an even record if i finished all matches.
  • krill
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    is it 40 or 30 games you play this year in wl?
  • v4vendetta1978
    2797 posts Fans' Favourite
    Was 2-0 now 3-5 last two just pure bs clearing the ball in your own box full power and hit the strikers legs and lands right by him to roll it in okay EA , other than that quite fun and less die hard try hards than last year
  • Del654
    676 posts Semi-Pro
    krill wrote: »
    is it 40 or 30 games you play this year in wl?

• FatZed
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Same **** today, playing absolute trash that sits back and counters, I feel like my good team is inferior in every single match, so much delay too slow in every regard, ridiculous bobbles and unsuccessful tackles every game dead set worst online experience I have ever had with fifa and last year was pretty bad in patches, dead set speechless at this trash
  • FatZed
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    Another game, the guy with the most stacked team I've played does nothing, makes 2 tackles all game and handed a late goal due to delay/ misplaced simple pass. Fix the **** joke of a game already, BS goal and underserved win against me in 80% of games absolute joke laughable gameplay what skill gap
  • superromanian25
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Started off 0-2, but brought it back winning 6 in a row to 6-2
  • number7rocky
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    Wtf just happened :confounded: was making subs, lucas for Mertens, Goretska for Savic and it takes of my keeper for Lucas!! Can you imagine my horror when I see Szezeny going of. I have no idea wtf happen, I couldn't even remove Lucas for someone bigger after. This was 77 min, basically had to hold the ball at 2-1 if my opponent scored I would have been screwed :neutral:
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2018
    I've put a loan Handonovic on my bench now :joy: Just in case, damn right crapped myself :joy: when that happened
  • ha032742
    35029 posts Moderator
    I've put a loan Handonovic on my bench now :joy: Just in case, damn right crapped myself :joy: when that happened

What team are you running now with Mertens?

Have you sold the Goretzka cards yet?
  • number7rocky
    ha032742 wrote: »

I'll post the team, Yea sold the Goretska's was hoping for a little more but those cl sbc's f uped the market, needed to get a team for WL, Sold at 53-55k so still made a 700k profit after tax
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2018
    ha032742 wrote: »

37f0253814c2132c3feab0ffea1406b0.png

Switch to 41212(2) on d pad with Mertens at CAM, really didn't like him at first but last 10 games he's come good. A few games I've stayed 442 if I score early and that formation is working. 4321 is my ultra d set up.
  • number7rocky
    14-3 now, 5 wins today feeling much better to yesterday after a proper night sleep. 7 game win streak from 7-3.