>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    This game hahaha. Broken beyond repair.

Whatever formation I pick or how many new teams I create - the same glitch/bug keeps appearing where my CDM's are positioned as ST or RW and I can't do anything about it.

Lost my first game in WL because my CDM's were Leon Bailey and Dries Mertens and whatever I did - it wouldn't change.

Just reset all your ct’s
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    This game hahaha. Broken beyond repair.

Whatever formation I pick or how many new teams I create - the same glitch/bug keeps appearing where my CDM's are positioned as ST or RW and I can't do anything about it.

Lost my first game in WL because my CDM's were Leon Bailey and Dries Mertens and whatever I did - it wouldn't change.

Just reset all your ct’s

All ready did that 10 times.
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    3-3, really tough opponents for me so far. Doesn't really feel any different to Rivals, but suffering from the same problems I had last year - dominate games for the first 30mins, fail to break down the 11men they have in their box (or so it feels) and then concede to the only shot they'll have on target all game. :joy:
  • Zv1k0
    5879 posts Big Money Move
    Monthly wins are irrelevant now right? Asking because I have no intention playing further than gold 3(if I even get there).
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    And then I got disconnected in the second game. From the bottom of my heart, fuq EA. Money grabbing arseh0les.
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    rona_94 wrote: »
    Guys help me, I won a match after penalties but now I cannot skip end match replays, didn't allow me to press X... what should I do ?

Solved, after ten minutes the game decided to skyp replays
  • number7rocky
    4223 posts National Call-Up
    I just posted in the xbox wl thread and made a thread on there by mistake :joy: fail
  • Jarigunner
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just posted in the xbox wl thread and made a thread on there by mistake :joy: fail

Saw that haha.

How was the gameplay for you? Was it still smooth or was there any form of delay. Wanna get back on the grind since i really enjoyed playing (yeah that's sounds weird enjoying WL :D ) but can't be bothered when there are delay issues.

I also managed to get a red card with my striker (Zaza) whitout pushing a single button twice (2 yellows) :D
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2018
    I'm an idiot :joy: , went downstairs and ps4 was left on got tempted oh 1 more... My own fault for playing but end up hitting the post to go in front, end up 3-0 at ht to 3 shots including a cross after I hit post and two goals hoofed down field. Frustrating. :neutral:

Anyway because I've got a problem :joy: I can't end on a loss and but now I'm 9-3 so recovered it somewhat. 12 games done at least.

But had a game that as soon as I went in it froze, I panicked thinking it would disconnect, starts playing go 1 up on ht, it froze a couple times more in first half, but after 55/60 minutes becomes unplayable freezes, but I get a message saying the result is under review? :neutral: I'm not kicked of ut but when I check no win or loss. Of course happens when I'm winning :neutral: Anyone had this? Bs game :joy: cough cough
  • Mini_Miudo
    9964 posts Has That Special Something
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Monthly wins are irrelevant now right? Asking because I have no intention playing further than gold 3(if I even get there).

Yup, no monthlies.
  • number7rocky
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Yup, no monthlies.

Best thing they did, 14 wins gets two picks. I'll be doing that after I'm done grinding In a few months :joy:
  • Whatever formation I pick or how many new teams I create - the same glitch/bug keeps appearing where my CDM's are positioned as ST or RW and I can't do anything about it.

Does this happen when you change formations in game, but it's ok for "balanced" (your starting formation)?
    The system helpfully doesn't automatically keep your CDM as a CDM (for example) if you change formation, so you have to watch out. Until I realised, I often had Casemiro ending up at RW - not exactly his ideal position...

You need to go into the change tactics screen for each setting (defensive, attacking etc) and in the formation tab look at where the players are, and change them around if needed (on PS4 it's triangle to do this).
    Hope that helps
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something

Wasn't you on Xbox?
  • number7rocky

Wasn't you on Xbox?

No I've always been ps4, sometimes I post in thier icon thread as ita alot more active
  • Zv1k0
    edited October 2018
    Huh. 7-3. 5 wins in a row now, doing good. Last one was a tough one. Was losing 2-0 till the 83rd minute and managed to bring it back. Won 5-2 in extra time. Need a break now.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    4-3 , 2 disconnections by now. FML
  • IxToMxI
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    What is the most used formation this year in Champs?
  • freakjas
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    3-0.
    First game was the worst game all year, idk why. Won 4-3 in extra time and was expecting horrible gameplay but it’s actually quite good. 1 rage quit and a 5-2.
    Maybe the first game was awful cause I had a new team lol
  • Kalhead
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First defeat after getting to 6-0. Frustrating. Weird own goal meant it went to penalties and to be fair to the guy, he was a beast at penalties. Should have won, pretty happy with most of my play up until the end result.

Think the game is playing better than last year, just a few weird moments of defenders seeming overcome by the moment (and tbf ive benefited a couple of other times in games from it)
  • FatZed
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    Won 1 on penalties that never should have gone to them and just lost/ quit late second half down by 2. Worst and most frustrating game to date, guy didn't even attempt a tackle, wasn't even manually cutting passing lanes at all, did nothing but wait up front for the ball to break and his AI blocked absolutely everything and he just sprinted around up front with his 99 pace 99 strength Lucas and Richarlison. The guy did absolutely nothing the games a **** joke. Taking the **** this **** they serve up. The other side is how is it fun doing jack ****, the fact its so effective regardless of the tactics I used is ridiculous. Why also am I never able to get near anybody pace wise from the oppo yet I'm always chased down and their AI tight or auto intercepting and blocking. I don't exactly sit back either but I'm getting the short end of the stick from the AI.

I am embarrassed at the **** I'm losing to and how I'm losing. I t just flat out shouldn't be happening!!
  • FatZed
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    Responsive game, 3-0 early rage quit, Eusabio did nothing. Other guy prob had the bad end of the connection. If EA keeps pushing this competitive play they need to somehow sort out the consistency in gameplay and not mess with the level of our AI game to game. I'd bet my money that some people get responsive gameplay and server/ connection advantages every single game which is massive. PTB can EAD
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited October 2018
    Further proof this game is just **** and stats mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Icardi 78 pace/76 strength (+Hawk) destroys Manolas 83 pace/82 strength (+Anchor)... wtf is this. Drew 1-1 and lost in ET to a corner because of this...
  • FatZed
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    Another loss, responsive game which makes it worse because this **** game and tactics still work. Guy sits back all game doing nothing relies on AI, ends with a late counter to win in ET so nah I'm done with that. Seriously guys just don't play do as little as possible, sit back and numerous times a game you'll be presented with counters and goal opportunities at the other end while my D goes missing and theirs save their **** all game with auto blocks and chasing mirroring all my attackers then making last ditch blocks and GK saves.

Seriously after the tweaked pace and passing I wasn't expecting this shitfest of online play. Absolute joke, as usual anything with promise EA just **** it up!!!
  • Mini_Miudo
    Guess what... 2-0 up, this happens. I'm holding finesse and shoot and he DUMMIES IT (same button as finesse). What is this ****... You know what happened, right? I lost by 1 goal after conceding 2 corners. This game needs to die asap.
  • Zv1k0
    10-5 gonna end it here for today or play at night. So happy they reduced to 30 games.

Also they really need to fix the penalties or something. Lampard on 89, less than 2 bars of power and it goes over. If I do less power, keeper catches it if he stays in the middle. Are you kidding me EA? Have you seen Lampard's penalties? Down the middle right under the crossbar with such power that it could rip your arm off. Why are shots mid match soooo powerful but we can only pass it into the net on penalties or put it over the stadium?
  • number7rocky
    Guess what... 2-0 up, this happens. I'm holding finesse and shoot and he DUMMIES IT (same button as finesse). What is this ****... You know what happened, right? I lost by 1 goal after conceding 2 corners. This game needs to die asap.

Yep corners are to op, how's the record?
  • sturges12345
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    2-5. This game is garbage
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    cant get match with full connection, I am an expat living in Thailand but signed up for Thai/Asia region....
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh my days I'm so bad at defending. Won 1st match 5-4, dude was literally walking past my defenders. I scored from 4 crosses and a corner :smiley:
  • Mini_Miudo

Yep corners are to op, how's the record?

8-3 atm

Fam, all 3 of my losses have been comebacks. This last game THIS GOAL started the comeback, and I also conceded a corner (ofc, happens in every loss) and a rebound goal for the loss.... just... look.