>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• ALlanmce
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2018
    Anyone using a 150k ish team you can show me, currently using a cheap BPL and have around 150k to either upgrade some positions or build a new team. Qualified last night so will be getting some games in tonight!

Any help appreciated guys. Current team below. Other than Stamina Van Ginkel has been a beast for me :) :

zMSt6AL.png
  • Tseng91
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Quick question, If i haven't qualified already, can I do so tonight?

I have 1600/2000 points needed , if I get the last 400 tonight can I still enter the WL?
  • Zv1k0
    5879 posts Big Money Move
    Last year I was elite player. I bet my head I won't even get to gold 3 this weekend.
  • number7rocky
    4223 posts National Call-Up
    Tseng91 wrote: »
    Quick question, If i haven't qualified already, can I do so tonight?

I have 1600/2000 points needed , if I get the last 400 tonight can I still enter the WL?

No you can't
  • Wattzeefuik
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sitting 4-1 the game i lost was to a 41212 high pressure one twos vardy and jesus upfront
  • Redarmy1986
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am 1 - 1. Lost 2 nil to someone i battered but they got a corner goals Standard! Then beat someone 5 - 1 who was better than first guy lol
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm so gutted I tried so hard to qualify but i had to give up at 1870 points .... so close.
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played two. Delay both games. 1-1. Very tough to play out of high pressure or hit timed shots with delay.
  • murlet
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    am I the only idiot who didn't know I had to redeem my 2.000 points to actually play this weekend?

now I have to wait till next week >:) >:)

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14334 posts Has That Special Something
    Sirin wrote: »
    I'm so gutted I tried so hard to qualify but i had to give up at 1870 points .... so close.

Yet so far.
  • Tymsy83
    873 posts Semi-Pro

Didn’t try hard enough then lol
  • 6/5. Though opponents. Happy because i expected 6 winst Total this wl
  • Jarigunner
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    New WL same old **** :D First 2 games where very fun to play with very fast gameplay (even better than in rivals) after that everything went bad. Last game was unplayable with the same old 1-2 second delay and finally lost 2-3 because of it. Was a very even match where the guy with the most luck on his side would win the game unfortunately that wasn't me :(

2-2 now which is fine since for the first few weeks my target will be to get atleast silver 1 - gold 3 which is doable i quess. will resume later tonight.

EDIT:

oh yeah timed finishing becomes non existent when there is delay :D GJ EA!
  • Kalhead
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4-0 so far and compared to last year I have to say the quality of opponent is significantly lower. I was Gold 1 chiefly last year but this year my finishing is woeful outside of finesse yet I'm strolling. Aware first five games are normally quite easy so expecting difficulty level to go up a few levels, but it's been less challenging than rivals so far.
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2018
    7-2 Think I need to be done for the day. I'm tired and not feeling my best because of flu but the game is legit **** me of now, the amount of of times I'm tackling my opponents for the ball to just bounce back to them :neutral: like a flipping beach ball. 5 times 1 attack :joy: Feels like I've got different ai to my opponent most the time, they play one two's of my defenders, intercept everything whilst my defenders will miss it and screw me, loose balls seem to favour my opponents oh and general unrewarding moments, kick of still a thing.
  • Lunty
    2457 posts Fans' Favourite
    8-3

Should be 9-2 but AI defending is so broken, i refuse to use it myself

That’s me done for today
  • Zv1k0
    7-2 Think I need to be done for the day. I'm tired and not feeling my best because of flu but the game is legit **** me of now, the amount of of times I'm tackling my opponents for the ball to just bounce back to them :neutral: like a flipping beach ball. 5 times 1 attack :joy: Feels like I've got different ai to my opponent most the time, they play one two's of my defenders, intercept everything whilst my defenders will miss it and screw me, loose balls seem to favour my opponents oh and general unrewarding moments, kick of still a thing.

It's so annoying when you perfectly tackle all the time and yet they still have the ball. And in worst possible place, right outside the box.
  • number7rocky
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

It's so annoying when you perfectly tackle all the time and yet they still have the ball. And in worst possible place, right outside the box.

50/50 whatever it is worst thing in the game, should be a system that favours the defending team and rewards you for making a tackle
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Last year I was elite player. I bet my head I won't even get to gold 3 this weekend.

3-5-2 will get you there 😜
  • Jambo1410
    318 posts Sunday League Hero

Maybe EA are using bots to play games and we aren’t playing humans all the time, would make sense for the god like passing consistently and the ball either sticking to players feet or ricocheting to opponent running in on goal, game smells of bs ha

• Zhen
    1395 posts Moderator
    Can you submit your 2k fut champs points now so you can enter or does it have to be before?
  • Alexrb89
    Jambo1410 wrote: »

Maybe EA are using bots to play games and we aren’t playing humans all the time, would make sense for the god like passing consistently and the ball either sticking to players feet or ricocheting to opponent running in on goal, game smells of bs ha

Let me just grab my tin foil hat. I’ll be right back...
  • Alexrb89
    Zhen wrote: »
    Can you submit your 2k fut champs points now so you can enter or does it have to be before?

No don’t thinks so bro
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tymsy83 wrote: »

Didn’t try hard enough then lol

Was busy for Uni, had 2 exams so i started on Tuesday Night. Played a **** load of games but so many times i would be up and would concede to a 90th minite cross. Really frustrated but oh well.
  • Bobo23
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    4-0 atm, was expecting it to be much harder tbh. But no doubt one of those inevitable losing streaks will hit me sooner or later.
  • Zv1k0
    edited October 2018
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

3-5-2 will get you there 😜

I really hope so. Just want gold so I can get 2 player picks. Don't even care about other rewards. 4-3 now.
  • FatZed
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    Absolutely pathetic, won my last then lost again terrible terrible goals, not 1 but multiple. Playing against the AI defense with my half paced team and just wait for the lucky bounces and tackle after tackle to go back to him until a chance pops up. The most braindead play is being rewarded. So much delay and it seems one sided. I'm losing to scrubs, EA try add things to increase the skill gap but with the game like this majority of the time it doesn't matter, they are fooling anybody. Ill jump back on later and if the connections and gameplay aren't any better they can get shafted. Seriously try play make the dumbest play or decision possible and watch the game hand you goals
  • rona_94
    905 posts Professional
    Guys help me, I won a match after penalties but now I cannot skip end match replays, didn't allow me to press X... what should I do ?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    4-2. Both losses were games with massive delay. One i couldnt get anywhere near his players to tackle. In a couple of wins my players were feeling so fast and agile i imagine the opponent had delay. The pattern is.... Delay = i lose, Smooth = i win. Same as last year but the way the AI defence is boosted this year its even harder playing with delay. If i could forfeit due to bad connection somehow without losing points i would as these games are a total waste of time.
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    This game hahaha. Broken beyond repair.

Whatever formation I pick or how many new teams I create - the same glitch/bug keeps appearing where my CDM's are positioned as ST or RW and I can't do anything about it.

Lost my first game in WL because my CDM's were Leon Bailey and Dries Mertens and whatever I did - it wouldn't change.