>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 28
    Pogba is excellent though, I was switching between 4231 and 451 so he was a CDM or CAM. I will say playing alongside Gullit in 4231 isn't ideal because of thier workrates and I'm not sure if I was playing all 30 if I'd play them as a duo, Vieira would probably complement him better but he so strong and if you do play him further forward he is so dangerous. He ended up with 5 goals in *edit actually 8 games and that was me playing naturally and not forcing anything (Richarlison only scored 3 in 10 at ST in comparison)

Post edited by number7rocky on
  • Delboy13710
    4663 posts National Call-Up
    Pogba is excellent though, I was switching between 4231 and 451 so he was a CDM or CAM. I will say playing alongside Gullit in 4231 isn't ideal because of thier workrates and I'm not sure if I was playing all 30 if I'd play them as a duo, Vieira would probably complement him better but he so strong and if you do play him further forward he is so dangerous. He ended up with 5 goals in 9 games and that was me playing naturally and not forcing anything (Richarlison only scored 3 in 10 at ST in comparison)

So Pogba worth it but not Richarlason?
  • number7rocky
    edited July 28
    Pogba is excellent though, I was switching between 4231 and 451 so he was a CDM or CAM. I will say playing alongside Gullit in 4231 isn't ideal because of thier workrates and I'm not sure if I was playing all 30 if I'd play them as a duo, Vieira would probably complement him better but he so strong and if you do play him further forward he is so dangerous. He ended up with 5 goals in 9 games and that was me playing naturally and not forcing anything (Richarlison only scored 3 in 10 at ST in comparison)

Richarlison is 100% worth it, my striker just isn't my main goal threat and I got a few early rage quits. I'll be getting Rashford later so will give him a go at ST aswell sometime during the week.
  • Delboy13710
    4663 posts National Call-Up

Richarlison is 100% worth it, my striker just isn't my main goal threat and I got a few early rage quits. I'll be getting Rashford later so will give him a go at ST aswell sometime during the week.

Thinking to get him as Super sub instead of Ibra .
    Think a midfield 3 of Pogba , Socrates and Gullit would be 2 offensive ?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished 20-8. Richarlison is insane. The delay and garbage gameplay this weekend was also insane.
  • Caspertjuh
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    So after my rant post of last week and telling myself to.quit, i couldnt resist fifa. I am well and truly addicted. So i fired up fifa on friday, got myself a Kimpembe and started the weekend league, until to finish at..... drum rolls..... 23-5!!

2n8wv7.jpg

This is my 3rd elite 3 in this year but by far the most satisfying. I was close.to it so many times, but finally succeded. This was my in game team (only firmino on 7 chem) which got me.there:

mrmkk.jpg

Played all games with this formation. It feels so rewarding to beat all the 4231 drop back players. I had the most difficult games against 433-4 teams.

Luckily, this week i didnt face too many abusers of the game. All those scoop volleys and scoop crosses, its the worst meta since i started playing from fifa17. Its so unrealistic. Cant wait for fifa20.

Also what brought me elite 3 is winning my one and only PK!! You would guess that these are 50-50, but for me its more 10-90.

So, leaving fifa 19 on a high note!
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up

Jumping into this, I've used pogba for 7 games now and I'm rather disappointed, looking at him the closest thing is Gullit but the Dutch beast is just miles better than pogba imo.

I've used him at CM and CAM. Somehow his low balance is really noticeable, not like CR7 who has the same low balance. And his finishing has let me down a few times now, but this may be down to me using aouar before him who just finishes everything.

I just hope its gonna be like eusebio who I started to love after ~100 games
  • number7rocky

Thinking to get him as Super sub instead of Ibra .
    Think a midfield 3 of Pogba , Socrates and Gullit would be 2 offensive ?

Probably abit to attacking because of Pogba workrates, doesn't really matter in August though 👍
  • Cbn
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 28
    Lost my game to Elite against german palyer Who had 530 pro points. Constantly flicking crosses and shots. Not once did he broke down my defense. One 270 degree 1st time finesse outside of box and one flick up followed scissors cross with weak foot to Messs head seals the deal for him 0-2. Despite he didnt broke my defense once and me creating 2 changes 1v1 on 5 meters, which resulted GK ridicolous movement save and post.

The state of the game when opponents only relies glitches which are being addressed to fix in next fifa and still wins.

Also had to play 5 times vs top100 players. Despite having rubbish friday/sat. There truly arent any casuals left
  • number7rocky
    I'm surprised that there's seemingly people more hardcore than me trying for Elite still! 😂 3 weeks I think since I last played to elite and no regrets at all 👍
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator
    13-1 but everything is so slow :anguished:

Servers seem to be getting worse as the months pass.
  • number7rocky
    ha032742 wrote: »

Have you done Pogba?
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator

Have you done Pogba?

Yes and Richarlison.
  • number7rocky
    edited July 28

Have you done Pogba?

Yes and Richarlison.

Starting both? , how you liking them so far and where you playing them?
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator

Have you done Pogba?

Yes and Richarlison.

Richarlison has been great in the few games I’ve used him and has resulted in me benching TOTY CR7. Pogba has been solid so far at CM in 442 but does feel a bit stiff ngl.

This is how the team starts off:
    NzjyWAb.jpg
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator
    edited July 28
    Stopping at 17-2. Hope gold 2 is kind to me :'(
  • number7rocky
    Stopping at 17-2. Hope gold 2 is kind to me :'(

I don't care about the rewards anymore, would actually be pissed to get something decent in August, like a kick in the teeth from EA 😂
  • number7rocky
    Rashford redeemed, anyone else here bother to get all 14 fut swaps?
  • miri
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished 17-8 this weekend. Started 10-0 then it became a grind, but the first 10 games were great fun - picked up Prime Ronaldinho this weekend to freshen up the team and he was amazing all weekend.
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move

Have you done Pogba?

Yes and Richarlison.

Richarlison has been great in the few games I’ve used him and has resulted in me benching TOTY CR7. Pogba has been solid so far at CM in 442 but does feel a bit stiff ngl.

NzjyWAb.jpg

PIM Ronaldo :o The jealousy is real
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator
    edited July 31
    IxToMxI wrote: »

Have you done Pogba?

Yes and Richarlison.

NzjyWAb.jpg

PIM Ronaldo :o The jealousy is real

Sniped at a bargain price too :#
    Post edited by ha032742 on
  • DFC1983
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finished 16-14. :D

Should have won and lost games I lost and won so seems fair. 16 is a sticking point now for me. Every team is rated 91-94 now though so I would think I'm making progress even if its almost August.
  • Saekerhett
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    After weeks of not playing WL I thought I would give it another go. Played 6 matches, done. All I face are mechanics abusers, la croqueta spammers, El tornado cross spammers, replay watchers, shush idiots, dabbers....

Every casual player seems gone, and since that's also me, I'm also gone.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Delay is as bad as its ever been today. Its pretty much unplayable for me.
  • number7rocky
    edited August 2
    And that's me done until Sunday... 😂 4-0. It was my last game today anyway but this just made sure... my god this game is shocking 🤦‍♂️

Deserved red right guys? Filthy tackle by Mbappe 😂 (His first booking also was when I pressed square to cross and he did a slide tackle instead 🤦‍♂️) and I'm sure I wasn't even controlling Mbappe here.

Won and dominated with a 4-1 rage despite the most bs red card I've ever received despite no striker from the 16th min and an initial undeserved equaliser, but that doesn't make it OK.

• Cbn
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And that's me done until Sunday... 😂 4-0. It was my last game today anyway but this just made sure... my god this game is shocking 🤦‍♂️

Deserved red right guys? Filthy tackle by Mbappe 😂 (His first booking also was when I pressed square to cross and he did a slide tackle instead 🤦‍♂️) and I'm sure I wasn't even controlling Mbappe here.

Won and dominated with a 4-1 rage despite the most bs red card I've ever received despite no striker from the 16th min and an initial undeserved equaliser, but that doesn't make it OK.

Well that usually happens when you try El tornado cross and opponent gets the ball before cross o:)
  • number7rocky
    Cbn wrote: »

Well that usually happens when you try El tornado cross and opponent gets the ball before cross o:)

No it was a regular op L1 cross 😉 and FYI if I do El Tornado 🌪 they don't normally get blocked 😎 😉 😂
  • freakjas
    5583 posts Big Money Move
    People are taking this way too serious.

Imagine shushing havin a third of my shots, watching every of my lost chances and then losing on pens after scoring one out of five lmao.
  • Snugglebites
    1044 posts Professional
    My first WL this FIFA, I'm 2 - 6 right now. Still figuring out how to get past these 7 man defences.
  • Miigue
    63 posts Park Captain
    Shushers and celebration watchers are so unoriginal, it's so expected that it makes me laugh, like seriously, get a life