>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• Caspertjuh
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    I am absolutely done with this game. EA did a very great job in ruining the game, its only META left.

I just played this guy with the standard OP 4231 squad (he subbed on tots havertz, tots Son, tots Sancho):

1z20djq.jpg

I got up to a quick 2-0 with some nice flowing attacks and then EA started helping him. I lost 4-5 after ET. Here are all of his goals, piece by piece absolutely ridiculous.

First one: flick up cross to eusebio who is marked by 2 players (david luiz and futties perisic, you know the one called aerial threat). But because my Ederson decides to come and totally misses the ball (no input of me) my defenders dont jump and eusebio heads in the goal for free.

Secons one: corner cleared by my gk, he heads it back and shoots from an impossible angle with ronaldo a very difficult (in real life) half volley, only to hit david luiz on the way deflecting it in my goal. I think the gk could have done muxh better as it is hardly in the corner.

Third one: its your regular flick up volley from the edge of the box.

Fourth: el tornado which hardly flies in the corner, but my gk just doesnt move.

Fifth in the 120 min: flick up cross to tots son, who is in between VvD and luiz, but I dont get vvd selected and he doesnt jump. Only thr ball to land perfectly on sons head.

When you think.he got helped by EA enough in attack, he got helped tremendously also in the defence. I break through and pass it square to eusebio for an easy tap in, only to get an animation where he lunges in stead of shooting.

This game is absolutely utter utter **** and youtubers make it all worse with finding the exploits and communicating it to the masses. I started playing from fifa17 and its a steap decline since then, gameplay wise.

This was fifa 19 for me, of course will stay here just to read @number7rocky paragraphs :)

See.you in fifa 20!

• freakjas
    6328 posts Big Money Move
    The game is atrocious. 2-5 today lol. 10-9 overall.
    Only reason i kinda wanna keep playing is that i wanna get reds one last time.
    I know i won‘t get anything but idk.

• JPRM71
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    freakjas wrote: »

It’s a mess and full of toxic c n t s
  • Jobiwan
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus i really hate saturdays. Its unplayable every saturday for me. Ive been playing wl and rivals and ive lost every game. Lost 3 wl games and been relegated from div 1. Don't know why i bother its just hitting the post and my keepers couldn't catch a cold. Id love to be one of those people that can play fifa on a saturday...
  • freakjas
    You can literally make a compilation of all the goals i concede.

Just lost a game where i conceded 2 of the exact same goals.

I tackle, the ball bounces back, he shots from outside the box, my defender blocks the ball and bounces back to him and he scores.

Like its kinda hilarious but it‘s every single game lmao.

12-11.
    I had a better record when i first qualified for wl in fifa 17.
  • number7rocky
    4456 posts National Call-Up

I don't even care about the reds anymore, would kind of suck to get something decent now anyway
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    10-2. Decent for me. Just struggling to find motivation ugh. Gameplay is good too so far.
  • miri
    2769 posts Fans' Favourite
    So my internet has been down all week and the 4G hotspot off my phone for some reason sucks (Pixel 2) to the point that I can't even log in to FUT. Tried it on my GF's phone and I literally can't feel the difference between this and playing on my normal fiber connection. Weird. Not sure if 4G is better than I expected, or EA's servers are just so bad that I don't ever get good gameplay no matter what connection I use.

Anyway, 3-0 but not sure how many I'll bother with.
  • number7rocky
    10-0, squeezed some games in as the gf is out for a few hours, will play to silver 1 or gold 3 if I cba tomorrow. I swear the later you leave your games plus also playing at night gives you so much more favourable matchmaking.

I mean I still played a couple mega teams with Gullit, Eusabio, CR7 etc.. but the actual guys controlling them felt like average gold players and I was able to win by multiple goals despite being awake all day and struggling to keep my eyes open from tiredness. 😴 😂
  • Cbn
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    10-0, squeezed some games in as the gf is out for a few hours, will play to silver 1 or gold 3 if I cba tomorrow. I swear the later you leave your games plus also playing at night gives you so much more favourable matchmaking.

I mean I still played a couple mega teams with Gullit, Eusabio, CR7 etc.. but the actual guys controlling them felt like average gold players and I was able to win by multiple goals despite being awake all day and struggling to keep my eyes open from tiredness. 😴 😂

Is there been any game on WL where you havent been tired :D
  • number7rocky
    Cbn wrote: »

Is there been any game on WL where you havent been tired :D

Basically every Sunday night/Monday Morning when I played all 30 as that's the only chance I get/got to finish my games with a family 👪 😂
  • freakjas
    The game is a meme at that point.

Every counter goes in. I‘m literally all around his box and he counters with his jesus navas who has no stamina left but outsprints literally everyone, crosses it to bernardo silva (71 jumping) who outjumps fb luiz and i concede.
    13-12 lmfao.thought i might push for elite but yeah guess that won‘t happen.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    16-3. Damnit i was going to stop at 17 but this is the best start ive had so im going to have to waste my day trying to get elite :(
  • freakjas
    Gold 2. jesus.

Needed 4 out of my last 5 for gold 2 (lol i know) and got it with my last game.

100% the last wl for a while. Felt like playing squad battles, the amount of shots the ai blocked and bounced directly to his attacker is ridiculous. I‘m sure there was also some bs to my advantage but overall it was a joke. Didn‘t hqve one normal game, lost like 10 games to bs but whatever.

Horrible game lmao
  • Cbn
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    Gold 2. jesus.

100% the last wl for a while. Felt like playing squad battles, the amount of shots the ai blocked and bounced directly to his attacker is ridiculous. I‘m sure there was also some bs to my advantage but overall it was a joke. Didn‘t hqve one normal game, lost like 10 games to bs but whatever.

Horrible game lmao

Just out of curiosity, have you been Elite before?
  • freakjas
    Gold 2. jesus.

Horrible game lmao

Nah unfortunately not. But thought i might have a decent shout now that i improved my team quite a lot.
    Silly me lol. I still have quite an average team for fut champs lmao
  • number7rocky
    Gold 2. jesus.

Horrible game lmao

Nah unfortunately not. But thought i might have a decent shout now that i improved my team quite a lot.

Where you normally finish?
  • Delboy13710
    5106 posts Big Money Move
    Played a few against my better judgement using a mixture of squad players trying to play "casual" and for "fun" 2 losses later and quickly back to my first team 😂
    Swear theres no "fun" in loosing real talk . My god that Crouch card cant even jump 1 CM I laid 3 on a plate for him back post and he got out jumped by 5"10 Mendy every time .
    10-3 now most probably stop at g3 abit later
  • Jobiwan
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    Wanna put my head through a wall so decided to turn it off. Just not worth it. Started 6-1. All weird stuff has been happening the past two days and havent been able to win in wl or rivals. Been relegated to div 2 as well. Got pulled back to 6-6 and then finally beat a guy who i was much better than in et. Ended 6-2 or something. Very next game come up against a really good player that beats me chaining skill moves and el tornado volleys. After a run of 6 losses i win 1 single game and get matched against someone way better than me. Great...
  • Damo_Suzuki
    Finished 20-8. Went from 16-3 to 20-8. Matched against 2 top 100 guys. One beat me 4-3 and the other was 3-0 up after about 30 mins. He was spamming la croqueta and whatever else in the box crazily fast and i couldnt get anywhere near a tackle so i rage quit.
  • freakjas
    Gold 2. jesus.

Horrible game lmao

Where you normally finish?

Gold 1. don’t think ive ever continued when I wasn’t able to hit elite so pretty sure my max wins was 21.

Used to be gold 2 since I’ve started wl in 17 so i defo improved this year but I try to avoid these op la croquettes etc so idk if I can even reach elite without doing it.
  • number7rocky
    edited July 22
    GoLd 3 hYpE, 14-1 overall, no interest pushing to gold 2, almost stopped at Silver 1 anyway.

I don't score these often maybe like 5/6 total and they are total bs goals but these go in and you'll hit the woodwork twice beforehand on well worked chances 😂 The @Orison special
  • joeyvdk
    49 posts Park Captain
    14-3. Played really relaxed this weekend and actually had some fun with Promes/Lozano/PIM Cruyff.
  • Delboy13710
    5106 posts Big Money Move
    Stopped at 14.

g3 gang 🤟
  • MHoney1234
    8124 posts League Winner
    23-4. Didn’t bother with the last 3 once E1 was out of reach. Easiest WL I’ve played, lots of mega teams, but a plethora of really bad players. Match making is all over the show.

I was 18-1 and beat a guy 7-1. I messaged him and he was at 11-6. I’m +15 playing a dude +5. Nah man, what a mess. Felt for the dude.

• The "little chipped pass to a first time volley / over-head kick outside the area" does appear to be the new META way to score. Not only is it utterly unrealistic (how many examples from IRL can you name - Zlatan's against England doesn't count as Hart had gone walk-about...) but it's also incredibly hard to stop.

It was hard to tell from the camera angle on the replay you used, but it also looked like the arrow was pointing in the other direction to where the ball ended up? Almost - dare I say it - like the game wanted you to score at that point...? :)

(your opponent then scored a kick-off goal straight after this, so the BS was evened up)
  • number7rocky

The "little chipped pass to a first time volley / over-head kick outside the area" does appear to be the new META way to score. Not only is it utterly unrealistic (how many examples from IRL can you name - Zlatan's against England doesn't count as Hart had gone walk-about...) but it's also incredibly hard to stop.

It was hard to tell from the camera angle on the replay you used, but it also looked like the arrow was pointing in the other direction to where the ball ended up? Almost - dare I say it - like the game wanted you to score at that point...? :)

(your opponent then scored a kick-off goal straight after this, so the BS was evened up)

The arrow was pointed in the correct direction, its hard to tell on the replay, however volleys are just stupidly broken, if you place that chip pass correctly the volley is basically garunteed to fly top corner everytime, only way to stop it is to see your opponent is going for it and to manually move your keeper far post.
  • miri
    I went 14-8 in my 4G gaming experience, had some VERY awkward periods of slow down/speed up lag where I'm guessing the connection deteriorated briefly. In the end it was fine, but used an absolute **** load of data. Definitely useable in a pinch if you're in an area with really good 4G coverage (I'm in London) but only as a last resort. Thankfully my fiber got fixed Monday morning.

Thinking about switching the team up to get more 5* skillers in to see out the last few weeks, but that would probably mean benching TOTS Son (untradeable) which seems a waste.
  • Zv1k0
    5953 posts Big Money Move
    miri wrote: »
    but used an absolute **** load of data.

How much?
  • miri
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    miri wrote: »
    but used an absolute **** load of data.

How much?

About 12-15gb