>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

  • Miigue
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 18
    30 mins into the first half, I was up 3-0 in one of those "easy matches", and then something horrible happened...... My opponent got a red card. I knew from this moment that [Removed - CM] was about to get real, and it did. Suddenly my prime Icons became rare Silvers. luckily I was able to win 3-2. ****DDA**** is real boyz.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Much improved gameplay this weekend for me....and I've done no better...17-9.
  • Jobiwan
    3303 posts National Call-Up
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...
  • miri
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...

    Yeah, feels like everyone I've played is better than me. Really struggling. I guess it's just a symptom of the game dying - only the die hards left.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9971 posts Has That Special Something
    miri wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...

    Yeah, feels like everyone I've played is better than me. Really struggling. I guess it's just a symptom of the game dying - only the die hards left.

    If I’m not playing WL, you know the game’s dead. :joy:
  • Miigue
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    miri wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...

    Yeah, feels like everyone I've played is better than me. Really struggling. I guess it's just a symptom of the game dying - only the die hards left.

    how do you check people's WL record?
  • Jobiwan
    3303 posts National Call-Up
    miri wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...

    Yeah, feels like everyone I've played is better than me. Really struggling. I guess it's just a symptom of the game dying - only the die hards left.

    Yeah ive already came across some absolutely ridiculous teams. Not even that far in. Hopefully its better today...
  • Jobiwan
    3303 posts National Call-Up
    Miigue wrote: »
    miri wrote: »
    Jobiwan wrote: »
    Anybody else getting harsh matchmaking? Ive played a couple of top 100s now with an average record...

    Yeah, feels like everyone I've played is better than me. Really struggling. I guess it's just a symptom of the game dying - only the die hards left.

    how do you check people's WL record?

    No real way to do it. Only if your playing someone ridiculously good you google their username and they show up on futhead as top 100 or on twitter as a pro. Had 4 losses so far and 2 were against guys like this...
  • Mido
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    After a 0-2 start I am now a record high for me at 16-5. Games are getting harder but I’m about 8 wins deep on this run now and just keep winning. Been expecting a loss for about 4 games now.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    Stopping at 17-4, opponents are getting ridiculous in terms of abusing mechanics, so many first time volleys it's unbelievable
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    PureFramez wrote: »
    Stopping at 17-4, opponents are getting ridiculous in terms of abusing mechanics, so many first time volleys it's unbelievable

    So many people just passing it around between their CDMs this weekend waiting for the opportunity to do a driven cross every time to one of their attackers on the edge of the box for a volley :joy:
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    You can tell it’s truly the hardcore left. Every single game has been about first time shots or first time volleys or chaining La Croquetas :#
  • JPRM71
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    ha032742 wrote: »
    You can tell it’s truly the hardcore left. Every single game has been about first time shots or first time volleys or chaining La Croquetas :#

    Yep this totally, I was 12-7 now 12-11, been matched against T100’s and God squads using all the mechanics
  • JPRM71
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 14
    I wonder if EA could design Fifa 20 to prevent the same 5 pass counter attack that is all players do on this game. No football brain needed if you are just allowed do the same 5 passes and shoot all **** game. It’s beyond tedious playing through 15 hrs of this **** every WL 😡😡😡

    I finished G3 but played some great ‘football’

    I’m not playing only for the rewards as some clearly are out there. Desperate desperate people ..
  • IxToMxI
    5961 posts Big Money Move
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    I wonder if EA could design Fifa 20 to prevent the same 5 pass counter attack that is all players do on this game. No football brain needed if you are just allowed do the same 5 passes and shoot all **** game. It’s beyond tedious playing through 15 hrs of this **** every WL 😡😡😡

    I finished G3 but played some great ‘football’

    I’m not playing only for the rewards as some clearly are out there. Desperate desperate people ..

    Is that 4231

    Cdm to striker who’s staying forward (R1 + pass)

    To LAM or RAM (R1 + pass)

    Back to striker (R1 + pass)

    To the other LAM or RAM

    Pass, first time shot
  • Caspertjuh
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    ha032742 wrote: »
    PureFramez wrote: »
    Stopping at 17-4, opponents are getting ridiculous in terms of abusing mechanics, so many first time volleys it's unbelievable

    So many people just passing it around between their CDMs this weekend waiting for the opportunity to do a driven cross every time to one of their attackers on the edge of the box for a volley :joy:

    @ha032742 @PureFramez, you mean these?



    Conceded 3 in one game. Decided to do the scoop corner (the only one i am able to pull off) and thst brought me the winner. Never felt so.good :)
  • JPRM71
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    I wonder if EA could design Fifa 20 to prevent the same 5 pass counter attack that is all players do on this game. No football brain needed if you are just allowed do the same 5 passes and shoot all **** game. It’s beyond tedious playing through 15 hrs of this **** every WL 😡😡😡

    I finished G3 but played some great ‘football’

    I’m not playing only for the rewards as some clearly are out there. Desperate desperate people ..

    Is that 4231

    Cdm to striker who’s staying forward (R1 + pass)

    To LAM or RAM (R1 + pass)

    Back to striker (R1 + pass)

    To the other LAM or RAM

    Pass, first time shot

    Yep, every time 🤣
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    PureFramez wrote: »
    Stopping at 17-4, opponents are getting ridiculous in terms of abusing mechanics, so many first time volleys it's unbelievable

    So many people just passing it around between their CDMs this weekend waiting for the opportunity to do a driven cross every time to one of their attackers on the edge of the box for a volley :joy:

    @ha032742 @PureFramez, you mean these?



    Conceded 3 in one game. Decided to do the scoop corner (the only one i am able to pull off) and thst brought me the winner. Never felt so.good :)

    I hate those face them alot in rivals at 2600 skill rating, a few times this WL, its a garunteed goal if you catch it on the volley, have to anticipate it and move your keeper.
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 15
    Next week I'm making sure to stop at 11/14, I don't care about the major league garuntee as it would be bittersweet if I did get a really good red now anyway and knowing how red picks work I'll probably get better or at least the same from gold.

    Part of me still wants to go grind out elite , I knew that would happen if I played to 17 and the record was still "decent" 😂 I've resisted the temptation, my god I feel like an addict thinking "just one more elite" 😂
  • joeyvdk
    49 posts Park Captain
    14:5, stopped at gold 3. Used my fun squad with Futties Promes/Lozano. Played without any pressure and actually had fun :)
  • Delboy13710
    5031 posts Big Money Move
    Got my first E3 this year ! no more weekend league for me far too much sweat 😅😅
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 15
    Just to confirm that I did in fact stop on gold 2 which I had by Saturday lunch time, your guy Rocky showed some willpower 💪 😂

    It's just not worth it anymore even if I packed another 1 mil player or finally got another decent red.
  • Zv1k0
    5953 posts Big Money Move
    Just to confirm that I did in fact stop on gold 2 which I had by Saturday lunch time, your guy Rocky showed some willpower 💪 😂

    It's just not worth it anymore even if I packed another 1 mil player or finally got another decent red.

    Proud of you for stopping, disappointed about your posts. :D
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Just to confirm that I did in fact stop on gold 2 which I had by Saturday lunch time, your guy Rocky showed some willpower 💪 😂

    It's just not worth it anymore even if I packed another 1 mil player or finally got another decent red.

    Proud of you for stopping, disappointed about your posts. :D

    😂 Wish/Hope I can find the willpower to stop gold 3 next year every week certainly if the Totw packs are as trash as this year, grinding elite for 3 discard totw's over and over continuing to do so in the hope you finally get "lucky"

    There was a period this year where I gave up on elite for a couple months before tots so you never know 😂
  • Zv1k0
    5953 posts Big Money Move
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Just to confirm that I did in fact stop on gold 2 which I had by Saturday lunch time, your guy Rocky showed some willpower 💪 😂

    It's just not worth it anymore even if I packed another 1 mil player or finally got another decent red.

    Proud of you for stopping, disappointed about your posts. :D

    There was a period this year where I gave up on elite for a couple months before tots so you never know 😂

    You only did it to stack 100k packs for TOTS if I remember correctly. :D
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 15
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Just to confirm that I did in fact stop on gold 2 which I had by Saturday lunch time, your guy Rocky showed some willpower 💪 😂

    It's just not worth it anymore even if I packed another 1 mil player or finally got another decent red.

    Proud of you for stopping, disappointed about your posts. :D

    There was a period this year where I gave up on elite for a couple months before tots so you never know 😂

    You only did it to stack 100k packs for TOTS if I remember correctly. :D

    Partly true 😂 but also because before tots my best WL's (Coin wise) were from when I got or stopped gold 1. If I was garunteed or had a good chance of 150-200k more from a totw pack I'd choose elite every time. But even I got fed up of packing discard totw's every week 😂 The biggest reason I always played to elite was for the extra red pick in hope it would finally pay of, even though I knew the system is a farce and pure luck whether your gold or elite. I also did stop 17 for some WL's.

    Even when I was pack stacking I played to elite a couple times, "just to see" of course I got shafted so went straight back to gold 😂
  • number7rocky
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    Did the French objective in rivals in 4 games, could of been 2 as I was trading goals with someone 6-6 half time but I spent to long in messages and got kicked 😂 I thought my goals wouldn't count but they did, relieved is an understatement 😌

    Not needing to win and score at 2600 makes such a big difference, will say though nif Mbappe is actually still incrediblly meta and I didn't feel at a disadvantage using him.

    Tested out 4231 wide with possession tatics and I might run with it in the next WL, was decent although only a few games.
  • Retro_G
    29756 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 15
    Did the French objective in rivals in 4 games, could of been 2 as I was trading goals with someone 6-6 half time but I spent to long in messages and got kicked 😂 I thought my goals wouldn't count but they did, relieved is an understatement 😌

    Not needing to win and score at 2600 makes such a big difference, will say though nif Mbappe is actually still incrediblly meta and I didn't feel at a disadvantage using him.

    Tested out 4231 wide with possession tatics and I might run with it in the next WL, was decent although only a few games.

    NIF Mbappe is better than my 96 TOTS red pick Pepe, just goes to show that stats aren't everything.
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    17-10, played every game away. Gameplay was the best it's been friday and Saturday nights, no complaints in wins and losses. Last night though was some of the worst, no actual worst nonsense and BS that I've ever seen in the game in heavy gameplay. Actually laughable stuff where the game was clearly helping the opponents to score. People may doubt it but it is a thing.
  • Guys did you get you rewards today ? I didn’t!! Anyone else got the same problem ?
Sign In or Register to comment.