>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• MHoney1234
    7658 posts League Winner
    17-4 if I had any common sense I'd stop there but part of me wants to finish my games and then make that my last WL playing to Elite.

Game has so much bs that I can't mention from in game to matchmaking and I put myself through it every week and still get Elite. You can't even relax at 3-0 up because a couple bs bounces and it's suddenly 3-1 and then your fighting the comeback mechanics. This happened earlier and then suddenly its 3-2 but thankfully I go and make it 4-2 and the game feels "normal" again.

Also how I only ever concede a corner header in games I lose 😂 so Suspicious.

People don’t at 3-0 anymore..
  • Aspas10
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 7
    14lGbnM Smooth
  • John_Barnes
    1220 posts Professional
    Only comment worth making about WL-:

Croquetta
    Tornado cross
    Dab
    Time waste
    Brag

Repeat
  • John_Barnes
    1220 posts Professional

Croquetta
    Tornado cross
    Dab
    Time waste
    Brag

Repeat

Missed one.

Back out of every away game

• Caspertjuh
    776 posts Semi-Pro

Croquetta
    Tornado cross
    Dab
    Time waste
    Brag

Repeat

Missed one.

Back out of every away game

What about the first time volleys? Drop back?
  • freakjas
    5236 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 7
    Didn‘t want to play wl this week but somehow decided to buy tots aguero and wanted to test him out in rivals. Turns out i accidentally played a wl game, i actually feel so sorry lmao.

Guy had a full gold pl team and rage quit at 3-0 as i was lowkey tryharding with aguero as rivals is pure sweat anyway. Only seen that it was wl as it showed me the first win :D
    I even sweated my first goal as my aouar was standing in front of the goal so i thought i might as well get the french assist loool
  • number7rocky
    4034 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 8
    Played to Elite for the last time this Fifa (I do mean that, getting to to the point where I'd be a little annoyed if I got a decent red pick as games basically done almost, and I've had trash for weeks now, whilst I see Mr gold 2/3 pack insane reds)

... Looks like I'm the last one in here who still bothered to... I'll turn the lights of on the way out...😂 Will just play up to 11/14 now for my "Fifa fix"

Had what is probably my end game team with Mbappe up top so wanted to do one full WL with that, during which I massively questioned why I would willingly put myself through the pure bs I have to overcome every week to get to elite. Shocking stuff but hey I even managed another win on pens 2/3 from pens!! Pigs do fly 😂...agaisnt a la croquetta spammer...

Obviously game tries to screw me with matchmaking when I need just one more win with a 40m coin team with toty Ronaldo, Toty Mbappe, tots Neymar, PIM Ronaldinho, PIM Eusebio etc... spamming all sorts of skills and flicks....Not what you want to try to defend agaisnt when your on 20 hours being awake and your eyes burn from tiredness 😂 but hey had to bring out my crossing gameplay to grind it out... When I'm that tired I do rely heavily on crosses to carry me over the line in these situations 😂

Did get abit fortunate to not concede abit earlier and I was convinced he'd get back into it after he does me with skill volley goal....Bolasie flick I think? But after I hit the post for 3-1 I decide to kill the game abit, I was keeping the ball between my defenders a few minutes (killing time, time wasting) however I felt it was justified as he could have done alot more to pressure me and his 3 at the back was basically 5 with his LM and RM dropping back, he was basically waiting to counter me at2-1 down in the 65-70th min so why should I give him the ball so cheaply and play into his hands? Maybe some people would disagree but if anyone bothers to look let me know ( Dont judge to much 😂 like I said I do rely on crosses more than normal when I have to play tired, and it was meta abuse vs meta abuse and I was exposing the fact he had no fullbacks, although his RM/LM did drop back alot but they were midgets anyway) not that I care 😂 I did what was needed and was convinced I'd concede if I gave him the ball so cheaply over and over. He ends up getting frustrated, charges his keeper and I manage to react to it quickly and punish him which he probably didn't expect, that caused a rage quit which was a relief, didn't want to have to play anymore games.

Done anyway! No more fifa at 3/4am just to finish my WL and grind elite 😁 (Fifa 19 anyway 😉) Loooong comment I know but hey last one this fifa right? 😉
    Post edited by number7rocky on
  • Cbn
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dear god I got triggered by your playstyle from first minute. Felt sorry for the other guy, dribbled and build up well but classic post/crossbar fest.
  • number7rocky
    edited July 8
    Cbn wrote: »
    Dear god I got triggered by your playstyle from first minute. Felt sorry for the other guy, dribbled and build up well but classic post/crossbar fest.

Did he f 😂 He was abusing op skills and flicks, did you see his goal??? He also sat back on low depth when losing midway through the second half. I abuse crossing alot if I can expose my opponent but it makes me laugh when people get salty about it like its worse than the different broken mechanics they use.

I only ever started utilising this style because everyone played drop back after tne patch. If you have 6'2 Danny Da Costa right back then I'll end up playing differently and through the middle alot more. But if my opponent has a weakness at fullback then damn right I'm going to try an expose it to win especially in a high stakes game.

His second post was unlucky, first one was of a flick, I also hit the post once.

I've had messages before of people moaning about conceding to crosses when they spent the game spamming first time shots and la croquetta. Pot kettle black lol
  • Orison
    46435 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I easily score as many tragic goals as you do, but atleast skip the celebration and don't run around like a lunatic :joy:
  • MHoney1234
    7658 posts League Winner
    Played to Elite for the last time this Fifa (I do mean that, getting to to the point where I'd be a little annoyed if I got a decent red pick as games basically done almost, and I've had trash for weeks now, whilst I see Mr gold 2/3 pack insane reds)

... Looks like I'm the last one in here who still bothered to... I'll turn the lights of on the way out...😂 Will just play up to 11/14 now for my "Fifa fix"

Had what is probably my end game team with Mbappe up top so wanted to do one full WL with that, during which I massively questioned why I would willingly put myself through the pure bs I have to overcome every week to get to elite. Shocking stuff but hey I even managed another win on pens 2/3 from pens!! Pigs do fly 😂...agaisnt a la croquetta spammer...

Obviously game tries to screw me with matchmaking when I need just one more win with a 40m coin team with toty Ronaldo, Toty Mbappe, tots Neymar, PIM Ronaldinho, PIM Eusebio etc... spamming all sorts of skills and flicks....Not what you want to try to defend agaisnt when your on 20 hours being awake and your eyes burn from tiredness 😂 but hey had to bring out my crossing gameplay to grind it out... When I'm that tired I do rely heavily on crosses to carry me over the line in these situations 😂

Did get abit fortunate to not concede abit earlier and I was convinced he'd get back into it after he does me with skill volley goal....Bolasie flick I think? But after I hit the post for 3-1 I decide to kill the game abit, I was keeping the ball between my defenders a few minutes (killing time, time wasting) however I felt it was justified as he could have done alot more to pressure me and his 3 at the back was basically 5 with his LM and RM dropping back, he was basically waiting to counter me at2-1 down in the 65-70th min so why should I give him the ball so cheaply and play into his hands? Maybe some people would disagree but if anyone bothers to look let me know ( Dont judge to much 😂 like I said I do rely on crosses more than normal when I have to play tired, and it was meta abuse vs meta abuse and I was exposing the fact he had no fullbacks, although his RM/LM did drop back alot but they were midgets anyway) not that I care 😂 I did what was needed and was convinced I'd concede if I gave him the ball so cheaply over and over. He ends up getting frustrated, charges his keeper and I manage to react to it quickly and punish him which he probably didn't expect, that caused a rage quit which was a relief, didn't want to have to play anymore games.

Done anyway! No more fifa at 3/4am just to finish my WL and grind elite 😁 (Fifa 19 anyway 😉) Loooong comment I know but hey last one this fifa right? 😉

Jesus Christ. 1 depth drop back it’s July
  • Cbn
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont think every "abuse" of mechanism is equal. The thing is when you brake down your opponent defense with well timed passing and dribbling it is much more challenging than lobbying ball to the wing and run fast, then proceed to loft the cross (or Flick/Tornado cross, really?) and heading (not even timed) ball in to the net. The latter doenst have almost any risk of losing ball since you dont challenge your opponent in any ways until the header in the box. Also, your opponent cant do anything about it even though he knows its coming, thats why its so damn frustrating.

I dont mind some random Tornado goal INSIDE the box after someone have been tear up my defense since he has to do some build up play to get to that position. It also needs atleast some more precise timing and angle compared to press once Cross and Header.

And Im not gonna even start with the constant time wasting.

Each of their own, but I would have sent you rage message :D
  • IxToMxI
    5445 posts Big Money Move

Passing, slow dribble not sprint, switching play, occasional skill not spammed and a normal cross

Zero wrong with that type of play that’s skilled play
  • number7rocky
    edited July 9
    Orison wrote: »
    I easily score as many tragic goals as you do, but atleast skip the celebration and don't run around like a lunatic :joy:

LOL sometimes when I'm in a "tough" game and score and I'll compose myself and let the celebration play out, I get sweaty hands sometimes 😂 but if you notice I always skip the actual replay of the goal
  • number7rocky
    edited July 9
    I dont think every "abuse" of mechanism is equal. The thing is when you brake down your opponent defense with well timed passing and dribbling it is much more challenging than lobbying ball to the wing and run fast, then proceed to loft the cross (or Flick/Tornado cross, really?) and heading (not even timed) ball in to the net. The latter doenst have almost any risk of losing ball since you dont challenge your opponent in any ways until the header in the box. Also, your opponent cant do anything about it even though he knows its coming, thats why its so damn frustrating.

I dont mind some random Tornado goal INSIDE the box after someone have been tear up my defense since he has to do some build up play to get to that position. It also needs atleast some more precise timing and angle compared to press once Cross and Header.

And Im not gonna even start with the constant time wasting.

Each of their own, but I would have sent you rage message :D

Those first two headers I barely had my finger on the sprint button and then worked the crossing angle with the skill move, i don't claim its amazing play or a good goal but it's hardly worse just different than him having the ball OUTSIDE the box facing away from goal them doing some fifa street move to end up facing my goal for a volley. What do I do about that and how do I see that coming ? You can block crosses, Flick ups and el tornado's, or you can use tall guys like Danny da Costa and Marcos Alonso fullback to combat them in which case I'll cross abit still but play the ball inside alot more and go through the middle.

Why should a header be timed? I use r1 l1 on headers for extra power but I turned timed finishing of months ago as its a bs gimmick feature.

As for the "constant time wasting" , as I explained if the opponent whilst losing in the 65th-70th min is still going to sit back on low depth then yea I will kill the game abit, if I was playing a worse player or a less important game I probably would of been more direct still but in that game I could tell he was waiting for me to give him the ball. He was playing a 3 at the back formation yet his LM and RM are in line with his 3 Cb's ffs making it more of a back 5.

• Orison

LOL sometimes when I'm in a "tough" game and score and I'll compose myself and let the celebration play out, I get sweaty hands sometimes 😂 but if you notice I always skip the actual replay of the goal

I skip the entire thing. Ofc I use and abuse crosses and volleys, but even I cringe while scoring them (but a win is a win at the end of the day).
  • number7rocky
    IxToMxI wrote: »

Passing, slow dribble not sprint, switching play, occasional skill not spammed and a normal cross

It's wierd how people have such different opinions on the same thing 😂 For some crossing the ball (even once or twice) is a cardinal sin especially if you score of them
  • Orison
    edited July 9

It's wierd how people have such different opinions on the same thing 😂 For some crossing the ball (even once or twice) is a cardinal sin especially if you score of them

Going to leave this here :joy: only played to 17 wins and insta quit every game I went behind in, so finished 17-3. Especially that 17th win was just pure mechanic abuse. But it works and it gets you easy quits (compared to missing 10 sitters and then going behind on some random bouncey tragedy of a non existent chance) so I use it
    My usual gif summary of this weekend.

Only solid goal of the week (finally one of them worked again EddieFicio )
    a0BCCkD.gif

And then how my weekend usually went.

This was my 16th win. 1st goal I wanted to do a first time fake shot instead of shooting, 2nd goal speaks for itself
    LNn9oyb.gif
    gGfJmwF.gif

And my 17th win, WFCBagnall must love dem wide CAMs and M98H must love the skillgap
    K2M21DG.gif
    z8a8XNK.gif

• number7rocky
    edited July 9

Going to leave this here :joy: only played to 17 wins and insta quit every game I went behind in, so finished 17-3. Especially that 17th win was just pure mechanic abuse. But it works and it gets you easy quits (compared to missing 10 sitters and then going behind on some random bouncey tragedy of a non existent chance) so I use it
    My usual gif summary of this weekend.

Only solid goal of the week (finally one of them worked again EddieFicio )
    a0BCCkD.gif

And then how my weekend usually went.

This was my 16th win. 1st goal I wanted to do a first time fake shot instead of shooting, 2nd goal speaks for itself
    LNn9oyb.gif
    gGfJmwF.gif

And my 17th win, WFCBagnall must love dem wide CAMs and M98H must love the skillgap
    K2M21DG.gif
    z8a8XNK.gif

That Havertz header is oddly satisfying for me 😂 L1 Square and R1 L1 header 🤤 (ps4 controls 😉)

Exactly. If I know I can get easier wins / easy goals from crosses why wouldn't I use them. More reliable than one vs ones at times 😂 Its a broken mechanic but if my opponent doesn't make changes to stop me then that's his fault. Plus almost everyone is abusing something to a degree some people just have thier own rules over what's acceptable.

I've had games where I've scored 4/5 crosses/headers, exposing the same player over and over and my opponent doesn't have the common sense or tactical awareness to move his midget fullback or put someone tall there.

I score well worked goals occasionally, beaten mega teams by playing through the middle as I can't expose them at fullback. When I face the likes of Dumfries/Da Costa at RB which is alot nowadays I'll either look to expose his LB instead or play through the middle more but its much more tedious especially as loads play drop back, add ai blocks and superhuman keepers then at times your hoping for some rng bounce to go your way for a breakthrough.
  • IxToMxI
    Insane first week in a while didn’t finish my games and didn’t try for elite.

Stopped at G2

Got Mane and Fernandinho in my picks.

Gold 2 really is OP :D
  • I finished bronze 1 because am crap at fifa
  • Delboy13710
    4474 posts National Call-Up

Stopped at G2

Super OP my Reds have been insane I now have 6 in my starting line up arguably 5 are end game
  • number7rocky
    Packed tradeable Tots Aguero in my 3 player elite pack 😂 (and Allison) 😂 Of course I did when I just want good reds but they've gone dry.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9951 posts Has That Special Something

Stopped at G2

Yeah it’s great, got Verratti and someone I can’t even remember from Gold 2 last week, so OP. lol
  • Delboy13710
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

Stopped at G2

Yeah it’s great, got Verratti and someone I can’t even remember from Gold 2 last week, so OP. lol

Super OP bro (well for me ) 😝

Screenshot-20190711-104132-Companion.jpg
  • number7rocky

Stopped at G2

How gold 2/3 constantly get better picks than me from Elite every week, the coins are nice but my teams basically done anyway🤦‍♂️ 😂
  • IxToMxI

Stopped at G2

How gold 2/3 constantly get better picks than me from Elite every week, the coins are nice but my teams basically done anyway🤦‍♂️ 😂

Think next year I’m done with elite, just G2 each week is my new strategy should mean aswell will play about 10 games less a week
  • Delboy13710

Stopped at G2

Think next year I’m done with elite, just G2 each week is my new strategy should mean aswell will play about 10 games less a week

So much less stress I usually stop g2. Usually saves me atleast 1-2 hours of playing time every weekend
  • number7rocky

Stopped at G2

If elite is as bad for fifa 20 as it was this year for totw packs I may consider the same until rewards are more worth it. There was zero balance and it went from terrible to amazing for tots. I went from never packing a player over 50k apart from once (70k Suso) from totw packs to making around 7-8m from Elite tots packs. I've made 1mil plus 4 times and on two occasions packed a 1.7 mil player.

I just hope they adjust red picks next year, I don't begrudge any gold player an insane pull, but when they consistently get better reds than Elite or even top 100 players its a farce. More garuntee of something decent for Elite plus would be great.
  • Caspertjuh
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    I am the definition of a consistent gold 1 player. My red picks are definitely not better than elite players. Only got 1 relevant totw red pick in 86 mahrez (few weeks later he got a new if) and 2 relevant tots pcks in militao and ben yedder.

Didnt pack anything over 100k from the 100k packs all year hardly made 50k pack on them. So whatch out for what you whishing for ;)