6053 posts Big Money Move
    Just won a game 8-4
    Its way too easy to score atm
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Using this team for this WL, Flashback Buffon would be nice :p
    40a9f49f49c5dc569f10385185a56c9e.jpg
    So far 2-0 but the first ten games i always find easy.

Cool team!
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Somehow finished all 30 games today, started 5-1, then 5-4, then 11-5, then 12-13 and somehow strung 5 wins including a final game 80th min equaliser and pen shootout win to go 17-13. Happy with gold 2 but feel I should have gone gold 1 after being 11-5.
  • DANNYDANNYINGS
    706 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First Weekend League in what feels like ages. Probably about 4 weeks, maybe 5. Started 3-0.

I have 2 icons in my team now (prime Rio and Rui Costa) and all 3 players have parked the bus straight from kick off. Which is pretty funny because I actually feel like I downgraded going from RTTF Fabinho to Costa lol.

Have enjoyed the games though, all been pretty close and actually fun to play for once.
  • RandomLhama83
    10110 posts Has That Special Something
    6-4

finesse spammers are tough to break. you see marco reus, you know finesse are coming from 30 miles out and the guys a finesse spammer.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Can't even get the buttons to register properly. Joke game.
  • IxToMxI
    8254 posts League Winner
    11-2 can’t be bothered for anymore tonight, someone scoring a last minute goal that was destined to be a goal, penalty, goes straight, leave my keeper, it still roles in.

Dude actually apologised to me after lol.

@mini what formation you rocking outta interest?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    14-5 happy with that. I'll play some tomorrow but I ain't too fussed.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Used RTTF Fabinho for this WL I couldn't tell the difference between his NIF/IF or RTTF. 460k is a lot of coins glad I sold him.
  • MajorMash
    1264 posts Professional
    Can confirm connection strength effects players ability to react to loose balls, and also their ability to shoot. No internet for the weekend, using hotspot off my phone, and have scored 1 goal in 3 WL games, having had about 40 shots across those three games. Reckon I have hit the post 7 or 8 times, players just cannot shoot at all.
  • FatZed
    1004 posts Professional
    Grinds my gears that my results are largely based off connection! last night was terrible at the time it should have been fine (won 1 lost 3 against average joes/ teams). Today tried a few around mid morning/ lunch and get 3 smooth responsive games where I felt in control easily winning all 3. Opponent quality didn't really differ bar one who was a bit better than the others, judging from the red reward Pog too plus a few others but the big difference is just in my team and AI doing what they should and feeling as they should and my controls and input registering largely as they should (not delayed, sluggish and slow etc)..

Poor gameplay especially one sided just throws the whole game and your team out of whack, physics, stats, AI, response, rebounds etc...night and day. Has to be sorted out its a joke!
  • number7rocky
    9041 posts League Winner
    Grinded and overplayed games this morning just to get to 14 taking extra losses because of it but just don't care so I can put the game down for rest of the weekend. This is the weekend I test out Gold 3 finally.

When you take 2 people or near enough ability the game ain't skill comes down to luck and rng.

Apparently I'm just god awful at defending, I stand by the fact that nearly every goal I concede is me getting punished for good tackles/blocks or some random bounce but I've never conceded so many goals so consistently. I don't even concede lots of shots its just the fact my opponents seemingly consistently score from limited chances and my keeper concedes more shots than he saves.

Using a team of untradables and feels like I need a mega team just to be able to experience and overcome less utter bs. Last loss I took was 1-2 and he had 3 shots, battered him first half then he scored a kick of goal at start of second half, can someone please enlighten me what other so called competitive games there are where the better player will consistently and often end up losing?

Anyway of to enjoy my weekend fifa free
  • Chavez76
    9873 posts League Winner
    6-2 (after 1-2). Best start ever. Expecting 5 losses in a row today to get me started again
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    Also, everyone complaining about lag etc, I played 30 games yesterday and experienced literally 0 lag during any of them
  • FatZed
    1004 posts Professional
    5-4 now. Just played one of the worst games ever.

I am dead set convinced as I have said before that people (some who finish high) are absolutely average yet get massive connection advantages.

Guy had red Griez and said he finishes Elite, not top tier but still for arguments sake should be decent..literally did nothing but first half I had some weird type stutter/ flashing jutter I have never had before, this stopped second half. In addition a whole game of button delay, slow players, little to no response, all rebounds to him and when I craft a chance there's just enough delay or I face really terrible weird touches and lack of response that I couldn't finish. Message after and fine for him of course. I only lost to 2 late goals but seriously he struggled to do anything even before that - I lost purely to the connection yet this guy is supposedly half decent.. People wonder why some actual decent players seem so good, combine them being decent with getting massive server and connection advantages and game is a piece of cake. Sit them to play on any of us normal unlucky peoples homes they'd have some serious self doubt and wonder what the hell is going on! for the record the game above no difference in my connection, router still showed in game 8ms ping and was stable all game along with EA's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ green latency bars
  • ha032742
    51919 posts Moderator
    Grinded and overplayed games this morning just to get to 14 taking extra losses because of it but just don't care so I can put the game down for rest of the weekend. This is the weekend I test out Gold 3 finally.

When you take 2 people or near enough ability the game ain't skill comes down to luck and rng.

Apparently I'm just god awful at defending, I stand by the fact that nearly every goal I concede is me getting punished for good tackles/blocks or some random bounce but I've never conceded so many goals so consistently. I don't even concede lots of shots its just the fact my opponents seemingly consistently score from limited chances and my keeper concedes more shots than he saves.

Using a team of untradables and feels like I need a mega team just to be able to experience and overcome less utter bs. Last loss I took was 1-2 and he had 3 shots, battered him first half then he scored a kick of goal at start of second half, can someone please enlighten me what other so called competitive games there are where the better player will consistently and often end up losing?

Does it feel you’ve regressed in terms of how you’re doing? It certainly does for me :D
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    16-7
    Need one more win today as I normally have had enough by the time I get to g2
    I'm not gonna force myself to play any games
  • number7rocky
    9041 posts League Winner
    ha032742 wrote: »

Does it feel you’ve regressed in terms of how you’re doing? It certainly does for me :D

Somewhat. I've struggled ever since I had my best start of the year 21-2. This was over a month ago now. Following week I went 15-7 and then lost my last game for Elite. There was a patch during that time and it seemed to really hurt my results and just increased the amount of bad luck/ bs I was experiencing. Even though I've taken WL less serious and chosen to stop early there's certainly weeks I'm sure I would not of got elite.

I was always starting 14-1/14-2. Now I find my self losing more often to average players and have been going anywhere from 14-3 to even 14-5. Started 2-2 couple times and I'm sure I haven't been 5-0 since that week I was 21-2 with if richarlison up top. I'm sitting on 9m and using untradables, so not maximizing my results but still its been tough, I swear there's many games where I was dominant and I literally have to grind my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of to win by a goal
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Gameplay between 0:00-3:00 is smooth.
  • Wattzeefuik
    409 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was 3-0 winning 2-0 and dc’d got the loss so ill finish this weekend 3-1 :)
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Just played the worst opponent i've played in weeks. He had Red Pogba, Red 89 Salah, Red 86 Cancelo, Red Robertson and Red Chiellini in his starting 11. I didn't really believe in the trash players getting better pulls theory, but that game has made me wonder...
  • Mini_Miudo
    10012 posts Has That Special Something
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    11-2 can’t be bothered for anymore tonight, someone scoring a last minute goal that was destined to be a goal, penalty, goes straight, leave my keeper, it still roles in.

Dude actually apologised to me after lol.

@mini what formation you rocking outta interest?

Not sure if you mean me or @miri , guessing the latter but I use 4231 anyway. :lol:
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also 4231 because it's too OP. :joy:

10-2 atm, just gonna finish gold 3 tomorrow morning and peace out. Servers are the worst I've ever experienced this weekend.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    I just can't beat high ping players from countries like Italy/Spain/Portugal etc. It's absolute joke how much the netcode favours high ping ping players.
  • Cupidstunt
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just played someone that wouldn’t select his defenders just ran around with his CDMs, I won but is defending that hard people can’t do it themselves? :D
  • Mini_Miudo
    10012 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I just can't beat high ping players from countries like Italy/Spain/Portugal etc. It's absolute joke how much the netcode favours high ping ping players.

It's not just that, I don't get how it works. I'm in Portugal, of course, I had great gameplay in FIFA17, not so great on 18, seems decent on 19 but still meh. I noticed playing AjaxLev yesterday he was able to do passes and turns much quicker than I'm able to, sometimes I lose out on chances because I stop holding sprint but my player still takes a sprinting touch, etc.

All this while having the same wired connection every year. Plus there's meant to be a server in Spain, right? So my ping shouldn't even be that high if connecting to that server. :confused:
  • v4vendetta1978
    3311 posts National Call-Up
    Good job I got to 14 this morning playing now team has changed again doesn’t play the same can’t string two passes together and feels like running in treacle same week after week no other online game has faults like this
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »

It's not just that, I don't get how it works. I'm in Portugal, of course, I had great gameplay in FIFA17, not so great on 18, seems decent on 19 but still meh. I noticed playing AjaxLev yesterday he was able to do passes and turns much quicker than I'm able to, sometimes I lose out on chances because I stop holding sprint but my player still takes a sprinting touch, etc.

All this while having the same wired connection every year. Plus there's meant to be a server in Spain, right? So my ping shouldn't even be that high if connecting to that server. :confused:

I don't know, don't care anymore mate. I just lost a game against a lad who scored 3 first time finnese shots with his back practically too goal, he wasn't using timed finishing. Screw Fifa 19 and rage sold my whole team. I'm not playing this frustrating trash again, until they release a update. There is better games to play that don't drive you up the wall.
  • FatZed
    1004 posts Professional
    Another joke of a game, spend the whole game battling just to move my players, seemingly half pace against the oppo who high presses all game without fatigue or even making a tackle with his backs (think like 2 tackles with a mid) while I make 20 because every one goes back to him and I have to battle just to move players near his even while sprinting or reacting fast enough. Players with no acceleration, hit the post a few times, even worse after the graft just to create because his players are faster than my ball speed. How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ do these BS one sided connections happen. I am 6 and 5 and dead set haven't played anyone half decent but losing because of the BS in game connections.