>> The Weekend League chat <<

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Just beat a guy 7-5. He had 2 kick off goals, a timed finesse on red, another on orange and his other goal was where his IF O. Dembele outmuscled Chiellini. There is so much BS going on for me since the last patch. Its like they have just noobified it. Im constantly getting trouble from people who just hold forwards and press through ball twice from their own box on the counter.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Anyone who watches every cut scene especially when I miss a chance to rub in the miss needs to seriously have their life re-evaluated. I’m talking not skipping to half time. Winding down the timer. Watching every throw in free kick foul. Disgraceful
  • BLUESBOY345
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also no surprise my worst run 7-7 coincides with me upgrading my team

Worst ever after 14 games was 10-4
  • Spillaren
    3086 posts National Call-Up
    12-1, have to do stuff tmrw so think il stop at 14 wins but even during prime server time here in Asia game been bearable. Finally learned how to win penalty shootouts which is good as I starting to get matched up against some serious players now with my form being +11?
  • Jarigunner
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PureFramez wrote: »
    Jarigunner wrote: »
    Started 11-1. should have been 12-0 but that one game gameplay was horrible and the guy was bad at the game and just sitting very deep with his defence and i couldn't break trough somehow because of the delay and such. Made 1 horrible mistake myself and he scores from it. and later on in the game he did a driven cross and my varane decides to push it in his own net which costs me the game 4-3...... but still on my way for G1 which is always my aim :)

With that start you surely could aim for E3, keep it up!

Thanks! but last week i started 13-0 i think and guess what happened? yup Ended at 21-8 :D .
    Not really bothered by it since i packed Base kluivert out of the rewards tho. And the difference isn't really worth it in my opinion since those TOTW packs ussualy only contain 82-79 rateds speaking out of fut 17-18 experience ;)
  • Struggstarr
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    13-2 at the moment. Waiting for the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to kick in soon surely?
    I don't know why I grind so much for Elite as its just disapointment whatever happens. I finish gold 2 and I'm disappointed because I should do better. Then if I push myself to do better I'm happy until Thursday when I see my rewards and I may as well have just stopped played at gold 3.
  • Spillaren
    3086 posts National Call-Up
    Calling it a day at 14-2, got really hard eventually having a high seed or whatever you call it.

Don't get why ppl quit after 80th minute in even games you lead by 1 or score the second goal at the end, you will lose the stamina and miss out on division rival points when you nearly played the full game, must be pure nerd rage or something lol, even if I get spanked I still play till the end to get DR points, not like I suffer from the late rage quit either.
  • A_Snipe
    4218 posts National Call-Up
    What is this game ?

Started 5 and 2 now I’m 5-6 this game is so inconsistent it’s honestly ridiculous.
    I don’t even know what I’m doing wrong. I don’t expect to win all my games but I do expect to have tackles and passes work and not be a lag fest
  • sheckLon
    3835 posts National Call-Up
    Now 11-1. The game i lost was my own fault. Was the better player, but gifted him 2 goals by not clearing the ball properly and conceding penalty whereby i didnt press tackle.

Really enjoying the 352, it has a bit of everything going forward. Defensively its sometimes shaky, especially when using ccb to tackle and bouncing to the opponent.

I scored this fast flowing goal, nice attack from the back while being pressured.

• Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Finished 17-11. Trash gameplay from the start... I'm surprised i even got gold 2 it was so bad this week. Really annoying as i had been gold 1 fairly comfortably the last 3 weeks. Really hating the game post patch, and usually i dont think the patches change much. Might try and give next weekend a miss as i cant play on the Saturday anyway.
  • Theprogamerjay
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    11-5. Sif Mahrez’s finesse shot is something else😍
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Managed to squeeze in another two games and now 13-1. Maybe I can get to G1 tomorrow morning if I'm super lucky. G3 at least though basically guaranteed which is nice.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10012 posts Has That Special Something
    20-5 atm. Same as every single week. Playing slightly better than usual I think, but didn't have much luck, lost 2 games on pens and got 1 DC (not EA related, got LAN cable not connected on my PS4).

Not sure if I should stop here, there's a lot of special cards in packs right now so the 2x100k packs would probably be better... but on the other hand, I'm tempted by the extra red pick... even though I never get anyone usable whatsoever. lol
  • HishamAyman
    3254 posts National Call-Up
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    20-5 atm. Same as every single week. Playing slightly better than usual I think, but didn't have much luck, lost 2 games on pens and got 1 DC (not EA related, got LAN cable not connected on my PS4).

Not sure if I should stop here, there's a lot of special cards in packs right now so the 2x100k packs would probably be better... but on the other hand, I'm tempted by the extra red pick... even though I never get anyone usable whatsoever. lol

Stop at Gold 1 imo, better rewards
  • SyNation2
    1020 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    11-0, the delay fk me up so many times. Matuidi weak foot mess me up so many times as well. IF Delaney is a beast, 1 more IF and he will be my end game cdm.
  • Theprogamerjay
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    13-8. Done for today. Went -1 in the evening but still good chances for gold 2.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    6-1 thought the loss was undeserved.
  • RandomLhama83
    10110 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    6-4

try again sunday. what even in the hect is this gameplay. Pens uncalled after being kung fu tekken taken down in the box, delayed passing, just garbage.

i guess i know why pros play all there games on friday now. awful from ea
  • bigpokey24
    6063 posts Big Money Move
    11 and 6 now...playing home and away, not a single lag or delay...gameplay feels like squad battles or match ups vs the AI....hmmm . I get 4 bars , this is the first time ever I have experienced no button delay
  • Dutch3723
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got to 14 which is fine for me so gave away my remaining games with ogs & quit - in the spirit of Christmas!
  • Kalhead
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    12-1. Frustrating loss. A little bit of lag but cant blame that - gave away a soft penalty then lost to a rebound goal after I didn't take my chances. Frustrating because ive probably played at my ceiling for these 13 games but still drop a game I really shouldn't be.

Anyways, going to be a big Sunday. Hoping for a lot of rage quits to get me through it.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    EA really screwed me with the matchmaking this week. Been Elite 3 for the last 5 weeks but this week I got matched with some of the best players I've seen this fifa. Everyone has the best prime icons in their team and they know how to perfectly defend. As soon as the search for a player takes longer than 1 or 2 seconds I know the opponent will be tough because I think EA is looking for a very good player for me to play against.
  • Mini_Miudo
    EA really screwed me with the matchmaking this week. Been Elite 3 for the last 5 weeks but this week I got matched with some of the best players I've seen this fifa. Everyone has the best prime icons in their team and they know how to perfectly defend. As soon as the search for a player takes longer than 1 or 2 seconds I know the opponent will be tough because I think EA is looking for a very good player for me to play against.

When it takes ages it'll most likely be someone +5 or -5 of your form, can be easy too. lol
  • Jackets20
    1471 posts Professional
    2nd WL and not doing well was 11-13 last week. So far i am 1-4, just cant so anything on offense. Defense breaks up all my passes even when i have 4 v 2 they somehow intercept my passes. Will continue hopefully finish silver 1 again.
  • FDITQ
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished 17-9. No delay or lag or anything then I jump into a rivals match to work towards the swap deal players and it was nothing but delay and lag and lose thanks to it. Oi. May just be WL only from now on.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up

When it takes ages it'll most likely be someone +5 or -5 of your form, can be easy too. lol

Is this confirmed? I was 18-9 and I played some absolute gods, hard to believe they only played ~11 games so far
  • v4vendetta1978
    3315 posts National Call-Up
    Zzzzzzzzz every goal is the same first time edge of box repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat 5-2 up in one game lost 5-6 fml that’s a good four games I couda shuda
  • Retro1989
    7617 posts League Winner
    14-6. People being extra scummy this weekend, must be that Christmas spirit.
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    14-6. People being extra scummy this weekend, must be that Christmas spirit.

Never seen scum like it, but it was the same in the rivals this week too.
    Don’t know what’s going on!
  • Mini_Miudo

Is this confirmed? I was 18-9 and I played some absolute gods, hard to believe they only played ~11 games so far

When it takes ages it's because it's struggling to find someone on the same form as you so obviously it could match you vs someone higher or someone lower. Afaik, it's confirmed that you can face people of your form +/- 5, unless I've been lied to. If you were 18-9, that's +9 form, so you can play people from +4 form to +14 form. If you were facing gods, it's most likely the latter at like 15-1 and stuff like that.