Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

>> The Weekend League chat <<

Del654
605 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited September 2018
30n9ra1.jpg

Let's talk about the Weekend League!

So I am really happy that they have lowered the WL to only 30 games, not to sure about this 2000 points to qualify. What do you think about this new system?

2hzikn9.jpg
Post edited by Del654 on

Comments

• It’s good tbh altho not sure how many games you end up needing to play before you reach 2000 points?
  • Del654
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    It’s good tbh altho not sure how many games you end up needing to play before you reach 2000 points?

Still yet to play, but a friend of mine is in div 4 and says he gets 80 points per win.
  • Delboy13710
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    When does the first weekend league start ?
  • Del654
    When does the first weekend league start ?

A week on Friday I think it is.
  • Acker
    1084 posts Moderator
    Week Friday for first WL

Pretty much finish silver 2 to auto qualify though withbthe rewards

Interesting changes also with player picks per week rather than monthly rewards

Much prefer this tbh
  • Acker
    1084 posts Moderator
    Del654 wrote: »
    It’s good tbh altho not sure how many games you end up needing to play before you reach 2000 points?

Still yet to play, but a friend of mine is in div 4 and says he gets 80 points per win.

So 25 wins in D4 sees you qualify
  • Don’t you get extra points for going up a division though?
  • Del654
    I like this but not to sure about the 2000 points thing, I only really get to play fifa on Friday and Saturday nights so it's great for the WL, the trouble I will have is qualifying for the WL as I won't have the time to get to play on weekdays. On the plus side I will only need to get in once then I will get the 11 wins needed to auto qualify for the next week.
  • Acker
    1084 posts Moderator
    Don’t you get extra points for going up a division though?
    Yes that’s a very good point didn’t Think of that ooops
  • Del654

As far as I aware you get like 60 points a win in div 6, 70 points a win in div 5, 80 points a win in div 4 and so on... not to sure how the whole thing works yet.
  • Acker
    1084 posts Moderator

As far as I aware you get like 60 points a win in div 6, 70 points a win in div 5, 80 points a win in div 4 and so on... not to sure how the whole thing works yet.
    Looking at the weekly rewards you def get extra points
  • Derryboy1893
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite
  • Del654

Thanks
  • RBailss
    9931 posts League Winner
    I'm a bit lost with everything that's going on... Are there no more DKO's?
  • Zhyquron
    2040 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    RBailss wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost with everything that's going on... Are there no more DKO's?

No, you qualify with div rivals (for the first week). Then with Silver 2, you'll receive 2k champ points which can be used any weekend you like if I'm correct.
  • kayron16
    1951 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea looks like FIFA responded to all the people that struggled with qualifying last year and came up with a solution. I didn't mind last years method but this looks better, coming from someone that played a lot of regular seasons. Should make it easy enough for just about anyone to qualify if they put the time in
  • Spillaren
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    so I need 32 wins in div 5 to qualify, thats a whole weekend league and some more in itself....
  • Del654
    Spillaren wrote: »
    so I need 32 wins in div 5 to qualify, thats a whole weekend league and some more in itself....

That's the problem, having the time to qualify, DKT was much quicker.
  • Tommygunn
    2648 posts Fans' Favourite

I would only play between 8-10 games of WL so paying the dkt was good for me. You can store your token for WL and redeem when you want. Not sure if you can store multiple tokens though
  • Del654
    Tommygunn wrote: »

I would only play between 8-10 games of WL so paying the dkt was good for me. You can store your token for WL and redeem when you want. Not sure if you can store multiple tokens though

Yeah I'm going to miss the DKT
  • RBailss
    9931 posts League Winner
    There are no monthlies though so its not as if you'll miss out on certain rewards because you missed a week. I still think they should bring back the Gold Cup though.
  • superromanian25
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There are no monthlies though so its not as if you'll miss out on certain rewards because you missed a week. I still think they should bring back the Gold Cup though.

What did they replace monthly rewards with?
  • RBailss
    9931 posts League Winner

Weekly player pick packs I believe.
  • Del654

How does that work?
  • superromanian25
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Only way I see that working is if they give you the same prizes as before and for each rank you also get X amount of player picks from the IFs from that week
  • RBailss
    9931 posts League Winner

Only way I see that working is if they give you the same prizes as before and for each rank you also get X amount of player picks from the IFs from that week

Think that's how it's working.
  • Flymi
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018

But over a week and a half instead of 3 days. An hour or so of games a day you youd be about there if you started playing wednesday. Plus once first qual is out the way should be easy to stay in.
  • Del654
    I think I'm going to struggle to get 2000 points, only on 500.
  • Acker
    1084 posts Moderator
    Hit the 2000 points needed for entry this morning

Aim for next weekend is Silver 1/2 really looking forward to see how the player picks as rewards will work
  • Del654
    So the first WL is past approaching, I'm jist under 1000 points and my time of play is limited. I'll will get in one way or another lol, how you guys getting on with qualification?