This game is bad

RUS_PreDaToR
3286 posts National Call-Up
Crossing OP, Gk are broken, defence too heavily ai assisted. Bad players can stay in games due to ai doing the work for them.

Comments

• RockyMountains
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly this. So frustrating that every pass is blocked by the ai. Bad players just sitting back till they get the ball. There is no need to learn how to defend proper.
  • MPL4
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    Exactly this. So frustrating that every pass is blocked by the ai. Bad players just sitting back till they get the ball. There is no need to learn how to defend proper.

Just sitting back? Is that how I can do it?I'm on it. Cheers
  • llcg04
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    This Game is great
  • Boysie91
    7929 posts League Winner
    It's a great game. The only thing I dislike are goal kicks and volleys need to be less OP
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Also p2w
  • v4vendetta1978
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good I might stand a chance against all the try hard wannabes whose life it is to win win win chill let's just play football
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite

Make a better pass.... I have found that the passing is less AI assisted, meaning that you, the player, need to get the distance and weight more accurate in your button commands that you did last year. Last year a simple "A" would make a good pass, this year that MIGHT be OK.

I think the AI is better, not sure it is perfect, but it seems to make "mistakes" which is a significant improvement. So far, it is a better meet in the middle.

But yeah crossing is a bit OP.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Also forgot to add how defender manage to close down 5 yards in a flash.
  • How people can say this game is great is beyond me.

Passing is still very assisted the game autocorrects bad passes from noobs & Defending is arguably more AI Assisted than 18... near on the levels of 17.

Another boring year with a small skill gap unless a game update changes things but all E.A do is cater towards the the Average Andy's of this world so i'm not surprised really even though FIFA is supposed to be an Esport LOL pathetic. :D
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    How people can say this game is great is beyond me.

Passing is still very assisted the game autocorrects bad passes from noobs & Defending is arguably more AI Assisted than 18... near on the levels of 17.

Another boring year with a small skill gap unless a game update changes things but all E.A do is cater towards the the Average Andy's of this world so i'm not surprised really even though FIFA is supposed to be an Esport LOL pathetic. :D

I don't get it though because last couple years the gameplay has been mega fast but then people say this year it's really slow. Same people moan about it being fast, same people moan about it being slow. I'm not saying it's a good game, at all. It just baffles me how people can hate both sides of the coin. Not aiming this at you btw, just replying to the last message on the thread.

Give it a couple weeks and we can all make a fairer judgement IMO.
  • Retro_G
    27288 posts Player of the Year
    Loving the game, it has very few faults. Dynamic tactics are a game changer, in my last game I was down 2-1, ended up turning the game on its head with my attacking tactics, won 4-3. GK's are fine, defence is balanced. The only thing I agree about is that crossing is a bit OP.
  • Futfanatic
    12132 posts Has That Special Something
    To answer most points here:
    -love goal kicks, I normally was never able to get the ball to a free attacker, now I am
    -passing is way better
    -defending is indeed too assisted, but still easy to break down
    -shooting is a problem
    -pace of the game is good

Overall, I like it and it needs a few tweaks.
  • Azablucky wrote: »
    How people can say this game is great is beyond me.

I don't get it though because last couple years the gameplay has been mega fast but then people say this year it's really slow. Same people moan about it being fast, same people moan about it being slow. I'm not saying it's a good game, at all. It just baffles me how people can hate both sides of the coin. Not aiming this at you btw, just replying to the last message on the thread.

Give it a couple weeks and we can all make a fairer judgement IMO.

Yeah you can't truly judge a FIFA until after a couple months IMO... The first game update will indeed change the gameplay 100% it might be similar but it might change a few things, I've been complaining about FIFA since FIFA17 lol ever since E.A introduced AI Defending.. I haven't enjoyed FIFA since 16... then there's people who tell you to stop playing lol it's easier said than done.. i've been playing for nearly 20 years.. I just wish the game was more skill-based than it is now.

But I agree with you.. we have to give it a couple weeks atleast.
  • bigpokey24
    4781 posts Big Money Move
    Good I might stand a chance against all the try hard wannabes whose life it is to win win win chill let's just play football

yes, it's a different game and it's playable, the try hard PTB through ball narrow formation counter players won't like the game...

however we know EA and their patch crap. I have played 4 online friendlies, with a low chem squad made up of loan players, bought the ultimate edition.. still trying to get used to the game.( won all 4 while experimenting ). I do not want to get carried away because we all know EA will patch the crap out of the game with ping pong no look passes to help the cry babies
  • Momus
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    Passing is fantastic in this game and it widens the skill gap. On 18 you could low driven pass half way up the pitch whilst facing the wrong way, this Fifa you have to aim correctly and use a suitable amount of power.

PTB counter attack sweat style low driven noobs are the only ones complaining
  • Cornushon
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    I haven't played a game. But 100% sure it will change by Xmas massively. Also, as soon as WL starts and cancer begins we will see much more moaning
  • RayS
    24891 posts Player of the Year
    i knew I'd find juicy comments in here
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Go play another game! Im enjoying it :)
  • Anthonyr475
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best fifa in a while imo
  • Dexdan
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best Fifa on release for ages. Love it.
  • Ben7777
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Trade it in or sell it then
  • TheRealChev
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    the only think i hate is that not one player can accelerate pass a defender. and if you do find your attacker in loads of space with the ball the defender will be on you in an instance
  • Must admit the AI is op, a fella dropped his pad at 3-0 down earlier but jammed the stick to run up and prevent him getting DC.

I could barely score, the AI was incredible. I found it amusing it cleared the ball for him also
  • Davisto
    6043 posts Big Money Move
    If crossing is op and the ai is op why isn’t the ai heading it awqy :innocent:
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    this game is now the worst fifa i have ever played lol, actually feels like they are coping pes. Its just random bounces. What happened to fifa being fun.....i am already done this year smh

{EA_Lanna: removed profanity}
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    what are you people enjoys about it? I must be missing something
  • CharlieC
    5869 posts Big Money Move
    The random bounces aren’t great and the shooting is bad but in general it’s a good game I think.

The bounces make you not want to commit to a tackle which is a bit dull.
  • Thorny
    1049 posts Professional
    Baners wrote: »
    what are you people enjoys about it? I must be missing something

This, it’s staggeringly poor. I’m convinced Satan himself coded it.
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    I cancelled my pre-order, was just so painfully unenjoyable. 18 was bad, so i always said this was make or break for me.