Really struggling

Eesa24
61 posts Park Captain
Is anyone else struggling with this game? Used to be a Div1 player in all Fifas and finish Elite 3/Gold 1 last year but this Fifa im struggling like never before.

Tried to mess with game plans etc but i don't seem to be creating many opportunities despite a good team and trying to play my natural style. Currently have 1.4m and Mbappe to create a squad after selling everyone but what formations are working for people?

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    It’s been out less than a week, it takes time to adapt. Just be patient and you will improve.
  • RealM
    8578 posts League Winner
    It’s been out less than a week, it takes time to adapt. Just be patient and you will improve.

Not even had the official release yet B)
  • Eesa24
    61 posts Park Captain

I understand that but iv never had a problem adapting to games before iv played at a high level for years on numerous titles but this year something just doesn't feel right :( just need to find a formation.
  • Keano
    20433 posts Club Captain

this seems a lot different as the pace, passes etc all seem worse & this finishing is flawed or worsened, so it will take extra time, i'm not amazing but i'm slowly getting better at it by playing.
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    Eesa24 wrote: »
    Currently have 1.4m and Mbappe

Try having a basic squad it makes the struggle even worse. It's tearing me apart Lisa!!

• Stonebridge
    1154 posts Professional
    Same för me, lagg the Most important issue but find it tough so far, ev 18 with the big change in defense at launch was easier, i just switched to a 4231 and take my time instead, and found a key component to be the cam, Hamsik för me, my big investments went to him and Perisic
  • TORZADO
    5159 posts Big Money Move
    It's a tactical mess and to boot they've incorporated weekend league during the week too.
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    I struggled in my placement games too, lost my first 3 and won the last 2 (hit the post 4 times in one and felt a bit robbed). They were my first online games in 19.

I'm usually a div 1 and wl player. People have been smashing the game hard and all the die hard players are on atm so it's gunna be hard. Stick with it, you'll soon find your groove.
  • Scutch
    20946 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018
    I’m really struggling with the passing and shooting. It’s so unpredictable.

Currently Rank 2 on Divisions Rivals (div 4 or 5 can’t remember) and almost Rank 1, but still lost a few.
  • Stonebridge
    1154 posts Professional
    The big differnce this year is that stats really matter on the players
  • Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    Exactly the same. Gold 1+ and won division 1 lot so far times, yet can’t string 3 offensive passes together at all. No idea what to do.
  • Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    You have 1.4 mil and Mbappe to work with?

Lots of formations work this year, but I am currently rocking the 4312

On defense, pressure on heavy touch. On offense use fast build up. This type of play works well if you are capable of cutting off passing lanes and kdefending counters. I find it very effective though, and am using a team that is 1/10 of what Mbappe alone is worth.