Michael Flynn's journey - Hertha BSC Berlin | Bundesliga | Season 2 - DFB Pokal fight! #HaHoHe

Comments

  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting signing Atalanta seem to have a wealth of talent this year this player I don't know much about though so interesting to see how he settles in
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Congratulations on the preseason trophy, the extra money will be nice.

    I like the approach to buy MLS talent. I think the league as a whole has aways to go before being a top league but there is a lot of young talent spread throughout the league it sounds like.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Congratulations for the preseason victory.

    I like this signing. It goes in the expected policy of the manager. A young prospect with potential who I hope fits well in the team.
  • Virtual_K
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahh, Barco. Surprised Atlanta would give him up for 16 million since they paid 15 million (or thereabouts). They should have held out for 20 at least. Hertha has the inside track on promising young talent playing in MLS, hope it pays off.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting signing Atalanta seem to have a wealth of talent this year this player I don't know much about though so interesting to see how he settles in
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Ahh, Barco. Surprised Atlanta would give him up for 16 million since they paid 15 million (or thereabouts). They should have held out for 20 at least. Hertha has the inside track on promising young talent playing in MLS, hope it pays off.
    Yeah on the one hand side the price was quite high for Hertha as the club hasn't been spending that much before. On the other hand side it was great to get a talent like Barco for that price especially with the experience he already got. Now we're just happy that he joined us and hope he can show his talent.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Congratulations on the preseason trophy, the extra money will be nice.

    I like the approach to buy MLS talent. I think the league as a whole has aways to go before being a top league but there is a lot of young talent spread throughout the league it sounds like.
    subpop wrote: »
    Congratulations for the preseason victory.

    I like this signing. It goes in the expected policy of the manager. A young prospect with potential who I hope fits well in the team.
    Thanks guys! I tried to be realistic. As said the MLS have tons of talents and the advantage of european clubs is that the leagues here excite the young guys over there which puts us in a good position when negotiating anything. So now we hope he settles down quick and helps us right away and proves to be a bargain in the end like Davies did already.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    jIyCLM5.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Welcome to the Bundesliga! Welcome to Berlin Patrick Cutrone!
    CXnEQ1b.png

    UkEjO2d.png
    There we've got the replacement for Davie Selke. Hertha BSC acquire the 21year old striker from AC Milan for a transfer fee of £32,5M and reinvest the earnings of the Selke transfer. Cutrone joins after playing alongside Higuain at Milan but often falling behind him. Still he was able to score 13 goals during the last season which is impressive considering his play time. Now he becomes the main part in Herthas offense and will look to prove himself in a bigger role.
    Flynn was truly delighted at the announcement: 'We had an eye on Cutrone for quite a long time. Now with Selke leaving we knew we had to get him. He is a very talented, physical striker who definitely knows where the goal is. We now give him the stage to show his talent which already flashed at Milan. I'm glad that we filled the offensive gap that fast and thank AC Milan for the pleasant negotiations.' Certainly big foot steps to fill for Cutrone after Selkes great last season, but the Italian seemed happy and ready to give it all at his new club.

    *Ingame stats of Patrick Cutrone.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    BPeTqKV.png
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Very surprising to let a top scorer go but it does raise the question, was there something going on behind the scenes?

    Hertha did great work to quickly sign a big name, talented replacement. Now it's time for the players to step up to the expectations they created last season.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Well... I guess it was to expect to see Selke leaving to a supposedly bigger club after the great season he had. However, I believe that the replacement is promising... the question is, will he perform since day one? The demanding season ahead requires players that perform at high level since the very first moment. I hope it works, because now the club will constantly play 2 games per week.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Very surprising to let a top scorer go but it does raise the question, was there something going on behind the scenes?

    Hertha did great work to quickly sign a big name, talented replacement. Now it's time for the players to step up to the expectations they created last season.
    subpop wrote: »
    Well... I guess it was to expect to see Selke leaving to a supposedly bigger club after the great season he had. However, I believe that the replacement is promising... the question is, will he perform since day one? The demanding season ahead requires players that perform at high level since the very first moment. I hope it works, because now the club will constantly play 2 games per week.
    That's the issue. Cutrone has big footsteps to fill. But the problem with Selke was that he didn't subordinate after his season. He cried every single time he was given a rest and not starting and that's in the end is something that doesn't work. Nobody is bigger than the team. So given the circumstances and having Cutrone lined up in behind it was the best decision for the team to let go of Selke. We need a real team for the season and that's what we now have without Selke. Now it's all about integrating the new guys and prepare for the new season.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    NaxDBW0.png

    The summer transfer window is now closed. Let's take a look at the biggest transfers as Manchester United absolutely killed it:
    IXo7sEy.png

    Other mentionable transfers:
    • Daniel Parejo -> AC Milan for £45M
    • Keita Balde -> RB Leipzig for £44.1M
    • Kingsley Coman -> Spurs for £43.3M
    • Arkadiusz Milik -> Borussia Dortmund for £41.1M
    • Miguel Almiron -> Bayer Leverkusen for £36.4M
    • Jerome Boateng -> Arsenal for £36M
    • Timo Horn -> AS Roma for £33.1M
    • Davie Selke -> Schalke 04 for £32M
    • Carlos Soler -> Wolfsburg for £31.7M
    • Matthijs de Ligt -> Bayer Leverkusen for £31.1M

    SjKq56G.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    wTxcnSR.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I think Hertha did a great job in the market. I also liked the movements of Dortmund and Leverkusen... just as I'm surprised about Bayern's decisions.

    On Lazaro... I guess it's not good news, because he is an important player. At least, you have time to look for solutions while January comes. I wonder if there's an initial target in the club's agenda.
  • Virtual_K
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    That is an extraordinary fee for Almiron. Wasn't aware that Selke was whining behind the scenes; know what that's like. Hopefully Cutrone will negate the loss. Flynn has time and money to spend to find a replacement for Lazaro, just surprised that players would want to leave the team during a Champions League and Bundesliga title run. Money talks, BS walks, I guess. :/
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting to let Selke go and replace him with a striker with no Bundesliga experience hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you later in the season
  • Zico9
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Youv'e revamped the the frontline i see..Is Arne Maier still in your team ?
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    I think Hertha did a great job in the market. I also liked the movements of Dortmund and Leverkusen... just as I'm surprised about Bayern's decisions.

    On Lazaro... I guess it's not good news, because he is an important player. At least, you have time to look for solutions while January comes. I wonder if there's an initial target in the club's agenda.
    Yeah Leverkusen and Dortmund both invested quite a lot. Will see how their investments turn out.
    Indeed. It was surprising that Monaco came in that fast after the window closed to pay the release clause. We didn't have the time to talk about an extension beforehand. In the end it's a lot of money and we do have the time to search for a replacement. It's a plus of nearly £35M for Lazaro which is huge for Hertha. But it's unfortunate..
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    That is an extraordinary fee for Almiron. Wasn't aware that Selke was whining behind the scenes; know what that's like. Hopefully Cutrone will negate the loss. Flynn has time and money to spend to find a replacement for Lazaro, just surprised that players would want to leave the team during a Champions League and Bundesliga title run. Money talks, BS walks, I guess. :/
    I was quite suprised too. I did have my eyes on Almiron as well but in the end I'm glad that we went for Barco instead. More upside and a lot cheaper. About Selke...once he started to score at least every game he thought he becomes untouchable. That's simply not acceptable and I also don't know why someone would leave us to make a step back sportswise. But yeah won't complain. We need a team in the locker room.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting to let Selke go and replace him with a striker with no Bundesliga experience hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you later in the season
    Cutrone did get a lot of experience in the Seria A and made himself a name considering his numbers. He's a similiar type of player like Selke. Not as big but same physical attributes and I think he will fit in well.
    Zico9 wrote: »
    Youv'e revamped the the frontline i see..Is Arne Maier still in your team ?
    Given the circumstances we needed to yeah. Welcome to the story (:
    Arne Maier is still in our team yes. He's a great talent and we won't let him go easily.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    2waiCds.png
    KXuQenf.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    C7bKVvk.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Despite the initial defeat, a couple of victories put the team in the top zone of the league table, so good start after all.

    However, the team seems to depend on the attacking production for now as they receive 2 goals per game, which is far from a good record. This is something to adress as soon as possible.

    Then I think it's not an easy group... mixed luck, I'd say. Manchester United isn't the strongest among the top sides, while Valencia may be uncomortable too, but it could have been worse too. The problem is in the 3rd team as Ajax should be one of the strongest among all the possibilities. Probably not a group to relax, but I can see all the teams dropping points here and there, so Hertha may not need a great amount of points to advance. Good luck!
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team bounced back from a disappointing opening day defeat to claim back to back wins. Nice to see Cutrone finding the back of the net early in his career. The group I feel can be tricky but I do feel the team can progress, Ajax aren't as mighty as they once were, Valencia lack starts these days and Man Utd look at them in real life there beatable
  • Virtual_K
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks like Cutrone is stepping in nicely for Selke. Decent start to the season, even with the loss, but as @subpop pointed out, Hertha has already conceded six goals. Have to address that before champions league. It will be a tricky group to come out on top, especially since FIFA programmers are undoubtedly Manchester United fans. If it was real life, no problem. ;)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Despite the initial defeat, a couple of victories put the team in the top zone of the league table, so good start after all.

    However, the team seems to depend on the attacking production for now as they receive 2 goals per game, which is far from a good record. This is something to adress as soon as possible.

    Then I think it's not an easy group... mixed luck, I'd say. Manchester United isn't the strongest among the top sides, while Valencia may be uncomortable too, but it could have been worse too. The problem is in the 3rd team as Ajax should be one of the strongest among all the possibilities. Probably not a group to relax, but I can see all the teams dropping points here and there, so Hertha may not need a great amount of points to advance. Good luck!
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team bounced back from a disappointing opening day defeat to claim back to back wins. Nice to see Cutrone finding the back of the net early in his career. The group I feel can be tricky but I do feel the team can progress, Ajax aren't as mighty as they once were, Valencia lack starts these days and Man Utd look at them in real life there beatable
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Looks like Cutrone is stepping in nicely for Selke. Decent start to the season, even with the loss, but as @subpop pointed out, Hertha has already conceded six goals. Have to address that before champions league. It will be a tricky group to come out on top, especially since FIFA programmers are undoubtedly Manchester United fans. If it was real life, no problem. ;)
    It's true that we have conceded far too many goals in the opening games which is strange as we haven't changed our back line. Will need to work on it as for now our offense is winning the games for us but we can't rely on it a season long. Some thinking will be put into it. Because next up are Manchester United and Bayern. :#
    About the group I would say it's tricky but doable. ManU seem to be the clear favorites especially after their huge shopping tour during the summer transfer window. We already played Ajax and can compete with them. It's just Valencia who will be a surprise as we don't know them. I expect them to do well. Always struggled against spanish teams. But we do have good chances to progress I would say.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Champions League

    Matchday 1

    Hertha BSC vs. Manchester United



    WOVSfJ3.png

    Other group result:
    28v1SFA.png
    1ASsKxh.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Impressive victory in the European debut. Surprised about the lack of attacking production of Manchester United or, perhaps, the great level of Hertha's defense. Two similar goals of Cutrone, who definitely shows to be ready for elite football. We couldn't imagine a better start!
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Great win, very surprising to hold United to only 2 shots. After the defense was called into question, they responded with the best performance of the year.
  • Virtual_K
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    Quite a defensive display for Hertha considering the passing quality that Manchester United showed; guess the defense settled their issues. Cutrone doing the job so far in both campaigns...Selke who?

    Welcome to the video club. :D
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Impressive victory in the European debut. Surprised about the lack of attacking production of Manchester United or, perhaps, the great level of Hertha's defense. Two similar goals of Cutrone, who definitely shows to be ready for elite football. We couldn't imagine a better start!
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Great win, very surprising to hold United to only 2 shots. After the defense was called into question, they responded with the best performance of the year.
    We were also quite suprised as United didn't really got creative and didn't create much chances. In general the game was played in midfield with two even sides. In the end the winning formula was using the pace of Leckie on the wings and work with Cutrones strength inside the box. United was most vulnerable when they saw a long pass coming towards their end. But it was an important victory to start the campaign.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Quite a defensive display for Hertha considering the passing quality that Manchester United showed; guess the defense settled their issues. Cutrone doing the job so far in both campaigns...Selke who?

    Welcome to the video club. :D
    Yeah they had their fun in midfield but didn't got further much. Cutrone is filling the footsteps right away. Glad he settled down so early. Especially against United he showed his goal instinct up front.
    Haha thanks. Thought it would be cool for the CL games as well. I simply used the highlights footage provided by Fifa instead of cutting my own highlights for now. :#
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    a0X5P0t.png
    p9A3xiS.png
Sign In or Register to comment.