Michael Flynn's journey - Hertha BSC Berlin | Bundesliga | Season 2 - DFB Pokal fight! #HaHoHe

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Growing step by step. This is the purpose of the preseason.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The attack found their shooting boots conceded three which is a little bit of a concern but did enough to win which is the important thing
  • Ashy
    8730 posts League Winner
    Very good results, looks like you take on Leicester next in pre-season so that will be a big challenge for you. They are a strong team in game, be careful of Vardy and Ndidi especially
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Much better defending this time. Only 1 point back in the group and the team seems to be coming together nicely.
    subpop wrote: »
    Growing step by step. This is the purpose of the preseason.
    Indeed. We were more stable at the back while controlling the game. Slowly finding the right personell and everything. Was a solid performance against Alaves.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The attack found their shooting boots conceded three which is a little bit of a concern but did enough to win which is the important thing
    Yeah the game against Southampton was crazy. What a first half. Nearly every shot went in and we could have been up even more. But afterwards it was important to show defensive stability as well.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Very good results, looks like you take on Leicester next in pre-season so that will be a big challenge for you. They are a strong team in game, be careful of Vardy and Ndidi especially
    Indeed, we have to face Leicester next. Hope we are able to remain stable at the back and don't give them much chances. But it will be another challenge.

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    A thrilling finish as Hertha progress to the final after 15 penalties.
    8kr2GYv.png

It didn't really seem like this game was going to extra time. Kade hit a fantastic shot from outside the box and Hertha were able to control the game. Leicesters offense didn't really show up throughout the game until we hit the 84' mark. Vardy finally breaks free, Jarstein wins the one on one. The following corner was then converted by Maddison and there we have the intense finish. Nobody was able to score in extra time with both teams saving some energy. The game went to penalties and what a thriller it was. Both teams were concentrated and brought home their penalties until Jarstein finally saved one penalty and Rekik scoring the decisive one.
    Now Hertha faces Newcastle again in the final of the preseasons cup and hopefully the players are able to rest well until then after exhausting 120 minutes today.

Other semi final result:
    JrZ5MjQ.png
  • JoshDFC
    Unlucky not to win in normal time with them scoring so late hopefully the team can get the job done in the final and get some revenge on Newcastle
  • subpop
    15 penalties!!! Well... a victory after all.

Let's see how Hertha play against Newcastle. After the initial defeat, it'll be good to see if there's a real progress. Still a solid pre-season whatever it happens.
  • Ashy
    8730 posts League Winner
    Great penalty shootout win, big final against Newcastle now. You really could do with the extra money for winning it so big game
  • Wyojasond
    9944 posts League Winner
    Dang, not sure how I was missing this so just got caught up. That shootout was crazy :D big game against a Newcastle squad that might be just a touch better than you on paper
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    15 pens! Wow, reminds me of the match United had in America this summer. Great experience for the preseason to get that much practice at penalties. I don't think I've taken 15 in the last two versions of FIFA combined.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck man!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Unlucky not to win in normal time with them scoring so late hopefully the team can get the job done in the final and get some revenge on Newcastle
    15 penalties!!! Well... a victory after all.

Let's see how Hertha play against Newcastle. After the initial defeat, it'll be good to see if there's a real progress. Still a solid pre-season whatever it happens.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Great penalty shootout win, big final against Newcastle now. You really could do with the extra money for winning it so big game
    15 pens! Wow, reminds me of the match United had in America this summer. Great experience for the preseason to get that much practice at penalties. I don't think I've taken 15 in the last two versions of FIFA combined.
    It was unreal. Every single shot went in and nothing to do about it. It was really intense :D But yeah I'm lucky we came out of it as the winners after controlling the whole game. I can agree that this was a good experience for eventually later penalty shootouts.
    Dang, not sure how I was missing this so just got caught up. That shootout was crazy :D big game against a Newcastle squad that might be just a touch better than you on paper
    No worries. I haven't come too far yet ;) Good to see you around.
    The game was intense and crazy. Don't think I had to take that much penalties before. Now it's time for revenge on Newcastle who are having a great preseason. Hope my player's legs aren't to heavy.
    Chris wrote: »
    Good luck man!
    Cheers! Good to see you here (:
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Instead of getting the revenge it's the same result in the end. Newcastle wins the final.
    9DQxtY4.png

It wasn't as expected. Herthas players had heavy legs after their last match against Leicester. There was not enough pressure in midfield, not much creativity up front. Just simply not the Hertha that we've seen before. Newcastle again controlled the game and used their chances. A deserved winner in the end but in other circumstances it could have ended differently. Now it's time to tick off the preseason and start preparing for the Bundesliga. Hertha will kick off their season by welcoming newly promoted Nürnberg to the Olympiastadion.

IDluc7r.png

CsCNQ6k.png
    f4ihjlr.png

After evaluating all players and their chances for play time Flynn and Dardai decided to let go two players. They've agreed to loan out both Gersbeck and Dardai, the son of co-trainer Pal Dardai. Gersbeck will join Genoa in Italy while Dardai will get play time at Recife in Brazil. Both loans will last 1 year.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    TedJlya.png
  • Danimal5981
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    A mixed bag of results during pre-season. Hope it will all be slightly more stable in the Bundesliga.
  • JoshDFC
    Unlucky not to win the whole competition but some positives to take away for sure heading into the season
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    GFX looking real good man, keep it up
  • Virtual_K
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    I guess Newcastle had the right tactics against Hertha. Still, not a bad preseason for Michael Flynn.

Graphics look clean and sharp. Good luck in the Bundesliga. Admittedly, the only team I watch (on occasion) is Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, but I'll try to catch a Berlin match if Fox Sports decides to air one. ;)

(Just checked and FS1 will air Hertha Berlin and SC Freiburg on Oct 21.)
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just caught up, mixed feelings of the pre-season. Obviously great to be second but would have thought you’d win against Newcastle! Think you’ll do great in the league, will be exciting to follow.

Just realised you’re the team my team, Djurgårdens IF, had a banner of when we played Union Berlin.. :#

(Oof I just googled it and its Dynamo Berlin..)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    A mixed bag of results during pre-season. Hope it will all be slightly more stable in the Bundesliga.
    Unlucky not to win the whole competition but some positives to take away for sure heading into the season
    Indeed. Not the best results but all kind of impressions to learn from. We are ready for the start!
    Chris wrote: »
    GFX looking real good man, keep it up
    Thanks! Now finally after one year back into graphics I'm finally getting into it all to make it look clean :D
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I guess Newcastle had the right tactics against Hertha. Still, not a bad preseason for Michael Flynn.

Graphics look clean and sharp. Good luck in the Bundesliga. Admittedly, the only team I watch (on occasion) is Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga, but I'll try to catch a Berlin match if Fox Sports decides to air one. ;)

(Just checked and FS1 will air Hertha Berlin and SC Freiburg on Oct 21.)
    Newcastle came at the wrong time. First game where we needed to sort ourselves and the final where we had heavy legs. But we learned from it.
    Great to hear. Hertha is doing fantastic this season, playing some enjoyable football after the last seasons have mostly been a cramp. Now we have a lot of young players who are willing to perform and do perform. Dilrosun and Duda making themselve a name, Lazaro doing a great job as well. We also beat Bayern...which is insane :D So yeah maybe you can watch it as I expect a solid win against Freiburg. Maybe I'm also in the stadium then.
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Just caught up, mixed feelings of the pre-season. Obviously great to be second but would have thought you’d win against Newcastle! Think you’ll do great in the league, will be exciting to follow.

Just realised you’re the team my team, Djurgårdens IF, had a banner of when we played Union Berlin.. :#

Thanks and good to see you around. You haven't missed that much so far. ;) But yeah it was unfortunate but still a good pre season. Every kind of results to learn from.
    Oh not the best match to remember. I really don't like Union as their fanbase is crazy. They are really in between loyal great supporters and many Hooligans on the other side. It's always heated when Hertha played against them. Not to mention BFC Dynamo who also have a lot of aggressive fans.

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    hwavJZi.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    KxmJmSJ.png

ZMwenah.png
  • Danimal5981
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    I personally like it when people stick to their templates, it gives their stories and posts a sense of recognizability. It says: This is Flynn, who was at Newport and now is at Hertha: all the same, except for the colour - like it!

I would say, you're immediately where I hope you'll be at the end of the season.
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Thanks and good to see you around. You haven't missed that much so far. ;) But yeah it was unfortunate but still a good pre season. Every kind of results to learn from.
    Oh not the best match to remember. I really don't like Union as their fanbase is crazy. They are really in between loyal great supporters and many Hooligans on the other side. It's always heated when Hertha played against them. Not to mention BFC Dynamo who also have a lot of aggressive fans.

[/quote]

I missed that game but I kinda wish I didnt.. but they’re just a horrible club all together lmao.

Wonderful start to the league! Shame about Schalke but one point behind 1st is really good, early days still though!
  • JoshDFC
    The strikers have been brilliant 8 goals in three games is brilliant. The defence hasn't been poor except the first game conceding late against Schalke is unlucky but you have to play until thefinal whistle
  • Wyojasond
    9944 posts League Winner
    Great start to the season! I almost forgot that Grujic went to Hertha on loan. Eager to see how he does. Think the kid has a real future
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Good start to the season, bad luck not getting the draw against Schalke in the final minute.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    I personally like it when people stick to their templates, it gives their stories and posts a sense of recognizability. It says: This is Flynn, who was at Newport and now is at Hertha: all the same, except for the colour - like it!

I would say, you're immediately where I hope you'll be at the end of the season.
    Thanks! I'm also happy with the new templates. Changed the scoresheet a bit but the main layout stayed.
    It was a solid start. Early in the season but yeah I would take it when we can stay up there.
    I missed that game but I kinda wish I didnt.. but they’re just a horrible club all together lmao.

Wonderful start to the league! Shame about Schalke but one point behind 1st is really good, early days still though!
    Indeed. Hertha is completely different ;) By far the best club in Berlin.
    Yeah it was unfortunate to lose the game that late. It was literally their last attack..
    The strikers have been brilliant 8 goals in three games is brilliant. The defence hasn't been poor except the first game conceding late against Schalke is unlucky but you have to play until thefinal whistle
    I was quite suprised who good be were up front. Our wingers are playing a massive role, Lazaro and Leckie are on fire right away. Many different goal scorers so far which is good. And then the Schalke game was just unfortunate that they caught us with their last attack. An avoidable through ball and Uth was there..
    Great start to the season! I almost forgot that Grujic went to Hertha on loan. Eager to see how he does. Think the kid has a real future
    He is fantastic. In game and in real life. He deserved the starting role right away in RL and played great alongside Maier. Now unfortunately he got injured badly by Hermann against Gladbach (who just saw yellow for an ugly foul, no VAR at all which is just bull****) and is out for months and until the end of the year.
    Sliding tackle can be seen here Note: Maybe tough content for some people.
    Good start to the season, bad luck not getting the draw against Schalke in the final minute.
    Indeed. Unfortunate to concede that late but all in all we're lucky with the start.
  • subpop
    Great start of the season, despite the late defeat against Schalke. I'm impressed with the attacking power of the team. It assures good nights for the supporters of Hertha.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Great start of the season, despite the late defeat against Schalke. I'm impressed with the attacking power of the team. It assures good nights for the supporters of Hertha.
    I was also surprised. The first game was crazy as both sides have been clinical up front. Now we need to work on our defense as the offense is in a good shape already.