FUT Rivals - clarity needed

DanSmith89
400 posts Sunday League Hero
With the changing of the guard from FUT Seasons to Rivals, I'm not sure if this is going to be a good thing. I am getting the game on Friday so haven't been able to play it as of yet.

The main problem I have with Rivals is that it seems unclear exactly how many skill points you get for a result, meaning that its impossible to know how many wins you will need to reach each level.

Also, do you still get promoted and relegated to different divisions, like in seasons? If so, what rank do you have to achieve in order to fall into each category?

I don't think EA have done a particularly strong job of explaining the concept so was hoping that someone here could provide a better explanation.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15110 posts Moderator
    Did you already read the pitch notes?
  • Joestoe
    4997 posts Big Money Move
    DanSmith89 wrote: »
    With the changing of the guard from FUT Seasons to Rivals, I'm not sure if this is going to be a good thing. I am getting the game on Friday so haven't been able to play it as of yet.

The main problem I have with Rivals is that it seems unclear exactly how many skill points you get for a result, meaning that its impossible to know how many wins you will need to reach each level.

Also, do you still get promoted and relegated to different divisions, like in seasons? If so, what rank do you have to achieve in order to fall into each category?

I don't think EA have done a particularly strong job of explaining the concept so was hoping that someone here could provide a better explanation.

There are 3 types of points you gather with Div Rivals, if I get it correctly.

1: The WL Access points. Pretty self-explanatory. You need 2k to enter, and you get about 60 per win.
    2: The rank points. These are the points for the rewards. You can get about 300-600 per win if I remember correctly.
    3: The skill points. These are the points to relegate/promote in the divisions. You gather these rather slowly, don't know the rate.

Hope it's somewhat clear.

Agree that they explained it poorly.
  • DanSmith89 wrote: »

EA never do anything to explain what the new features are.

• Sporter
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    DanSmith89 wrote: »

I was just explaining this to my mates who haven’t got the game yet.

From what I’ve gathered, you play 5 placement matches to determine your starting division.

Then, you should be given a skill point rating (mine is around 1200). You seem to get around 40 skill points per win, while 400 skill points is the difference between two ‘divisions’. These don’t determine your rewards, just what division you are in.

Now, whichever division you start the refresh in (one refresh per week), determines what rewards you get. The rewards are based on how many points (a different kind) you accumulate during the week.

These points are culmunative, so you can’t lose them - similar to Squad Battles. You have unlimited games within the week with which to earn them, and these determine your weekly ranking - which then determines your rewards.

There’s FUT Champs points too, but I won’t go into that unless you’re interested?

I’ve bookmarked this thread, so feel free to ask any questions specifically... or tell me how badly I explained it :lol:

Edit - I should mention that 1200 skill points is Div 5 and that you can choose your rewards at the end of each refresh, from 3 options. 1 is coins, 1 is packs and the last one is double your packs, but they’re untradable.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    I also wonder how it will be, I have very limited time to play the game, so I will probably play <10 matches a week. So I will never get close to getting any decent rewards and most likely qualify for the WL in June. :lol:

Also if the skill point range for each Division will increase in the future, I might be playing the lowest division in a few weeks. :lol:
  • chaser2k15
    13512 posts Has That Special Something
    It is a really nice system as the skill points make you want to improve to go up divisions and the rank system mean that good players will be rewarded.
  • Sporter
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    I also wonder how it will be, I have very limited time to play the game, so I will probably play <10 matches a week. So I will never get close to getting any decent rewards and most likely qualify for the WL in June. :lol:

Also if the skill point range for each Division will increase in the future, I might be playing the lowest division in a few weeks. :lol:
    The skill point range won’t increase, don’t worry. You can also play no games one week and maintain your skill point rating, I believe.

You just won’t get any rewards.
  • Andyh60
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Again not said anywhere in here but it runs from Thursdays - Wednesdays bet you didn't realise that ;)
  • Tof33z
    6811 posts Big Money Move
    the rewards are ok for just playing a few

you can't expect the stellar ones, but even the basic ones are at least some free coins
  • Anarki301
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Did you already read the pitch notes?

Did you?
  • DanSmith89
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    can you draw games in FUT Rivals?
  • yes
  • PirateW
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So later in the season when the weekly objective is "win 5 matches to earn the 94 rated tots player" you get stuck in your division for the week and face people of your ability, rather than deliberately relegating to get easier match ups.
    This will either make it properly competitive in those matches, or people will quit as soon as they concede the first goal, or we'll get bombarded with messages saying "please let me win".
    Either way, at least it won't skew and affect those people in the lower divisions who're actually trying to better themselves.