1437 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    7o6uc5t.jpg
    lmhmkr8.jpg
    zB7uZg1.jpg
    iU7hNL5.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    If the victory isn't possible, an away draw in the last minutes tastes good. Even match, so probably the draw was a fair result.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great to see Ayew come through at the end after the lack of grace under pressure by Kaikai. Wolves looked dangerous, so I would have to say a point on the road is a good result for Crystal Palace.
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    5362fyf.jpg
    UtIdyZX.jpg

6s9Od93.png
    G3lkM6g.png
  • Wyojasond
    11209 posts Has That Special Something
    Great win in the cup. Team is cruising along still
  • subpop
    Great Cup victory at away grounds. The team advance and, in this kind of trophies, there's always a chance.
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Two very good away results for the team progression on the cup is always nice
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    I tend to give up shots myself, and it's not always an indicator of the match difficulty. The shots on target number and percentage are better indicators. The early goals usually help take off some of the pressure, and having Ayew seal the win make it a good result all around.
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    6saRn5C.jpg
    aDgLN6A.jpg

6awaSs9.png
    5mUGbO8.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    Great win in the cup. Team is cruising along still

Not losing but I would prefer to avoid these draws..
    subpop wrote: »
    Great Cup victory at away grounds. The team advance and, in this kind of trophies, there's always a chance.

I'm hoping to avoid the big clubs for as long as possible to give myself a chance in this tournament.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Two very good away results for the team progression on the cup is always nice

With how tight the league is every point is going to be huge.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I tend to give up shots myself, and it's not always an indicator of the match difficulty. The shots on target number and percentage are better indicators. The early goals usually help take off some of the pressure, and having Ayew seal the win make it a good result all around.

My defending is atrocious and I allow way too many shots on target. Any tips?
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    tqli7Ha.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    ZhwDHKt.jpg
    NhQQMEm.jpg

dWA1jEa.jpg
    uo8Z3J4.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    iRsoAOd.jpg
  • subpop
    Two draws that taste different. As you could expect more from Crystal Palace against Watford, the same result against Liverpool seem an achivement.

Definitely Ayew is the man in recent weeks. He's definitely knocking the door down, asking for a place in the starting XI instead of being used as replacement.

The low point ratio is helping the team to be near the European positions lately, but the latest results make me have doubts on the team. I wish you can find more consistency in the team.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    At this point, I'm not sure why Ayew doesn't get the start. Reasonable expectations are that the team can fight for a Europa League spot through their league standing. Expect the team to advance past Everton in the nest FA Cup match, but winning the trophy would be an over achievement for Crystal Palace. League is the best bet.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Not sure I'm the right guy to ask given the number of shots I allow, but I guess my defense has largely done the job. I try to play realistically, whereas I don't move players out of position and I try to hold defensive shape. Autoswitching works best for me, but can create problems if the opponent ping-pongs the ball around. Many times I will switch off and follow a runner as opposed to attacking the guy with the ball. This tends to **** off the AI, which will then start launching shots from outside the penalty area. :D
  • Wyojasond
    These draws aren’t totally unexpected but certainly hurting the team. The top 8 are still so close together. Crazy to see. I agree though, I think it’s time for Ayew to start.
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    Two draws that taste different. As you could expect more from Crystal Palace against Watford, the same result against Liverpool seem an achivement.

Definitely Ayew is the man in recent weeks. He's definitely knocking the door down, asking for a place in the starting XI instead of being used as replacement.

The low point ratio is helping the team to be near the European positions lately, but the latest results make me have doubts on the team. I wish you can find more consistency in the team.

You nailed it, consistency has been lacking all season. With other teams also struggling we still have a chance ar Europe. But if the top teams were playing up to their normal standards we would be mid table at best.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    At this point, I'm not sure why Ayew doesn't get the start. Reasonable expectations are that the team can fight for a Europa League spot through their league standing. Expect the team to advance past Everton in the nest FA Cup match, but winning the trophy would be an over achievement for Crystal Palace. League is the best bet.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Not sure I'm the right guy to ask given the number of shots I allow, but I guess my defense has largely done the job. I try to play realistically, whereas I don't move players out of position and I try to hold defensive shape. Autoswitching works best for me, but can create problems if the opponent ping-pongs the ball around. Many times I will switch off and follow a runner as opposed to attacking the guy with the ball. This tends to **** off the AI, which will then start launching shots from outside the penalty area. :D

I am thinking of starting Ayew but I am worried about messing up the power coming off the bench if I start him. 3 games in the next week so I'm sure he will get his chance to start.
    These draws aren’t totally unexpected but certainly hurting the team. The top 8 are still so close together. Crazy to see. I agree though, I think it’s time for Ayew to start.

I usually hate unrealistic tables in my first season but having 8 teams this close is pretty exciting.
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    ZvoUERt.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    cEAiA26.jpg
    Uwf5bxE.jpg
    mmRmb3u.png
    trezKzH.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Depth will be tested the next 8 days, but at least Crystal Palace will be at home for the replay. I think the lesson here is that Ayew should have started. :p
  • subpop
    Considering the stats, it seems it wasn't an easy game, actually a balanced match. As you say, probably the bad news is that the team is forced to play a replay. The good news is that it'll be at home with your supporters.

As @Virtual_K said, Ayew may be given more minutes. What else should he do?
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    akMjqRg.jpg
    6JnUuT6.jpg

X6fsBUA.jpg
    w6XZfO4.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    akMjqRg.jpg
    6JnUuT6.jpg

X6fsBUA.jpg
    w6XZfO4.png
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    deadline-day-graphic-transfer-day-done-deals_3776286.jpg?20160831152259The winter transfer window has comd to a close. The top transfers include Bale back to London, Spurs adding to the midfield and Real Madrid big spenders.

TKCBPU0.jpg
    xTB2Uat.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    xF6zEdv.png
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team are still competing at the moment strange that Arsenal are so low losing ten games already is dreadful for them Liverpool also underacheiving
  • subpop
    Ayew remained silent... :D Wanted to send a message? :p

Great away victory in a complicated game. The goal scored by Townsend before half time was fundamental to face the 2nd half with hopes to win the game. It took time to turn the score around, but Wickham and Zaha appeared to give the 3 points to the team.

This victory is very important to keep the team in the fight for an European spot, which isn't a dream if the team finds consistency.

It's also good to see Zaha in the list of scorers as he had been a bit quiet recently.
  • Wyojasond
    Great win in the league. The cup draw is disappointing, but I think having it at home will get you through. I actually really like the Butland signing. Maybe a bit pricy but given what keepers are going for lately it’s a steal.
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team are still competing at the moment strange that Arsenal are so low losing ten games already is dreadful for them Liverpool also underacheiving

Arsenal are really young now, they sold a few older players and have been playing youth players based on how the stats look.
    Ayew remained silent... :D Wanted to send a message? :p

Great away victory in a complicated game. The goal scored by Townsend before half time was fundamental to face the 2nd half with hopes to win the game. It took time to turn the score around, but Wickham and Zaha appeared to give the 3 points to the team.

This victory is very important to keep the team in the fight for an European spot, which isn't a dream if the team finds consistency.

It's also good to see Zaha in the list of scorers as he had been a bit quiet recently.

Ha not sending a message just pointing it out. :) Thought it is strange if Wickham starts, Ayew scores and vice versa.

I agree, winning these games and keeping pace with the teams above is important. I either need to get lucky and have some teams lose or I'll have to win the head to head meetings left.
    Great win in the league. The cup draw is disappointing, but I think having it at home will get you through. I actually really like the Butland signing. Maybe a bit pricy but given what keepers are going for lately it’s a steal.

I thought it was a little high too but I really like him and how good he is at his age. That's one position I can mark off as a future issue.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Big move for Butland. But as said nowadays you need to spend the cash because in a year he could be worth twice that much. He certainly is a talented guy.
    Great league position. So close to the CL spots but many games to go. The team does show overall good performances by every player. A team has been built.