1351 posts Professional
    Brighton v Crystal Palace
    M23 Derby
    Premier League match 17

D3UySFm.jpg
    ahWBGVi.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    4 points out of 6 after such a unfortunate run of games as Crystal had it is a good statement. Good to see Wickham proving his ex coach wrong.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    The team win again, although not exempt of suffering as in this last game. Very good season in overall terms.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    4 points out of 6 after such a unfortunate run of games as Crystal had it is a good statement. Good to see Wickham proving his ex coach wrong.

I'm excited to see what Wickham can do now. He doesn't really fit in with how I like to play but this last match he seemed to be in the right spot every time so I'll give him another shot.
    subpop wrote: »
    The team win again, although not exempt of suffering as in this last game. Very good season in overall terms.

I agree, overall the season is good so far but the way we started the year I thought it would be better at this point. Still a few months to improve though.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    nGsHLFn.jpg
    o6fzyL0.jpg

Round of 16 has been drawn for 2018/19 Champions League
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some pretty good matchups in the Round of 16 draw.

Crystal Palace endured a tough stretch, but in all fairness the competition were expected to win in some of those losses. As mentioned, Bishop is in a building process, giving his youth experience for brighter days ahead. Overall, Crystal Palace is in a good position. FA Cup might be tough to win, so I think league standing might be the priority imo.
  • Wyojasond
    10145 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice little hat trick for wickham to get the much needed win. I agree, I’d put league position over the FA Cup
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Man City v Crystal Palace
    Premier League match 18

KkoC8gX.jpg
    NFLFdPi.png
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Difficult loss against a bigger club. One of those games where the best you can do is review the tapes and figure out what adjustments can be made.
    Post edited by Virtual_K on
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Like said an unfortunate defeat but something to learn from. Always good to have some confidence even in these game but this time things just didn't pay off. The stats are looking more one sided than it has been I would say...something to shake off and learn from.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    disappointing loss to City but expected given the quality they have in their team. A nice win in the M23 derby (didn't know that existed) to give Palace fans the bragging rights over Brighton
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stabilizing in the midst of the league. A couple of good buys and maybe you can challenge for a European spot.
  • subpop
    From the video and the stats, it seems that City are in a different level and it could have been even worse. Well, this is normal against this kind of teams, no shame in this. I wish the team can recover some consistency in the next weeks to fight for European spots.
  • Wyojasond
    Expected loss against the leagues best team so understandable. Still a long ways to go to get some form back
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Difficult loss against a bigger club. One of those games where the best you can do is review the tapes and figure out what adjustments can be made.

At 1-0 late I thought I could steal a point by pushing forward and getting a goal. Instead I was too careless with my passing as I rushed and gave up an easy goal. Need to be smarter in the future for sure.
    Like said an unfortunate defeat but something to learn from. Always good to have some confidence even in these game but this time things just didn't pay off. The stats are looking more one sided than it has been I would say...something to shake off and learn from.

This was the most one sided match I have played. The City press completely dominated me. Passing from the back didn't work and I didn't have the pace to outrun Walker or Mendy on the long balls. Something to think about next time we play.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    disappointing loss to City but expected given the quality they have in their team. A nice win in the M23 derby (didn't know that existed) to give Palace fans the bragging rights over Brighton

I didn't know about the derby either until I started reading up on Palace and then read more into it. Interesting read.

• Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Stabilizing in the midst of the league. A couple of good buys and maybe you can challenge for a European spot.

A striker with pace is badly needed to open the attack. Something to look for in January.
    From the video and the stats, it seems that City are in a different level and it could have been even worse. Well, this is normal against this kind of teams, no shame in this. I wish the team can recover some consistency in the next weeks to fight for European spots.

2-0 flattered us for sure against City. Could have been 5-0 the way they attacked. Just need to continue beating the teams around us and slowly climb the table.
    Expected loss against the leagues best team so understandable. Still a long ways to go to get some form back

It looks like I'll be battling Liverpool down the stretch for a spot just outside the top 4. Rumors are Mane is leaving this winter so that's something to watch.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    l7CO3u6.jpg
    Ghy6htu.png
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Hq5zUcp.jpg
    YzTeSBd.png
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    5Yp1DuB.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    o1IAeLe.png
    At the end of December Bishop has promoted two more academy players to the senior squad
    Halfway through his first season, Josh Bishop is making good on his promise to use the academy. Bishop promoted Renato Periera and Guilherme Alvares to the first team. They are joining Jay Harris and Bruce Tremblay who were called up earlier in the year.

Tremblay, a 6 foot 6 American defender has moved from LB to CB and has already made 5 first team appearances. Harris is an English winger who has come on as a sub 3 times in league play.

The two Brazilian players are both technically gifted as Palace are trying to become more attack minded with flair to excite. Alvares will have plenty of chances to earn a spot with the lack of depth at the striker position while Pereira will have to battle for position in midfield.
  • subpop
    Fantastic results this time. Very important victory on Chelsea... the tactical changes worked with total perfection. The manager gave a plus to the team, which talks highly about him. Brilliant.

The league table looks very tight, very strange at this point of the season. In any case, this is good for Crystal Palace, who have all the possible objectives in hand.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    Wow, the first nine are within seven points and you're one of them. Haven't seen the EPL this exciting for a long time, because in real life the EPL is akin to Formula 1: a distinct top 6 followed 14 that serve as filler.
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Fantastic results this time. Very important victory on Chelsea... the tactical changes worked with total perfection. The manager gave a plus to the team, which talks highly about him. Brilliant.

The league table looks very tight, very strange at this point of the season. In any case, this is good for Crystal Palace, who have all the possible objectives in hand.

I like how tactics actually change the match in this FIFA. Playing defensive actually works unlike previous years where players still attacked when told to stay back.

@Danimal5981 I agree. Even though the point totals seem low, I would rather have multiple teams with a chance to win instead of 2 or 3 teams far ahead.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is your aim at this stage of the season with you so close to the top of the league hae your goals changed or are you remaining grounded
  • Wyojasond
    Crazy how tight the top 9 are right now. CP and Leicester have certainly surprised a few thus far. Will be interesting to see how hard Zaha is pursued over the next few months with his hot start
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    What is your aim at this stage of the season with you so close to the top of the league hae your goals changed or are you remaining grounded

Staying grounded for sure. I'm close to the top but have gone through stretches of good and bad. Goal is to make a deep FA cup run and finish top 6.
    Crazy how tight the top 9 are right now. CP and Leicester have certainly surprised a few thus far. Will be interesting to see how hard Zaha is pursued over the next few months with his hot start

I'm going to do everything I can to keep Zaha. If a major club comes in (Real, Barca) then I might look at selling to keep it somewhat realistic. But I'll let the board decide.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some crafty tactics by Bishop against Chelsea. Crystal Palace in the mix for Europe next season. Could they land a Champions League spot?
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    After the big win against Chelsea and considering how tight this season fighting for european spots isn't a dream but reality and a must. The team does have the talent. It will be important to keep players like Zaha to go on a run.
  • Ashy
    8848 posts League Winner
    The points are very close at the top to be fair, many of the big teams dropping points overall, will be interesting if teams pull away from each other a bit further down the line, Zaha right up their with Kane fighting for the golden boot too which is nice to see
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Some crafty tactics by Bishop against Chelsea. Crystal Palace in the mix for Europe next season. Could they land a Champions League spot?

If we end up in Champions League after the first season that would change things dramatically as we would be 2 years ahead of the plan.
    After the big win against Chelsea and considering how tight this season fighting for european spots isn't a dream but reality and a must. The team does have the talent. It will be important to keep players like Zaha to go on a run.

I agree. Keeping Zaha sends a message that we are serious are competing.
    Ashy wrote: »
    The points are very close at the top to be fair, many of the big teams dropping points overall, will be interesting if teams pull away from each other a bit further down the line, Zaha right up their with Kane fighting for the golden boot too which is nice to see

Not sure what is going on with City and Liverpool as they were by far the best teams I played. Liverpool recently sold Mane and Lovren so that might change things.