Crystal Palace | Season 2 | Quest for a trophy

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Unexpected defeat, not because of the loss, but for the 5-1. However, the red card turned out to be decisive, as Manchester United had a very placid second half.

I didn't realize that Zaha has been in such a horrible run. Strange as he was on fire at the beginning of the season. May he be thinking in the possibility of joining Liverpool?

The worst news is that the UCL spot starts to be at risk... it seems to be a very difficult moment this season. I hope Bishop finds solutions, because it's a key moment.
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Unexpected defeat, not because of the loss, but for the 5-1. However, the red card turned out to be decisive, as Manchester United had a very placid second half.

I didn't realize that Zaha has been in such a horrible run. Strange as he was on fire at the beginning of the season. May he be thinking in the possibility of joining Liverpool?

The worst news is that the UCL spot starts to be at risk... it seems to be a very difficult moment this season. I hope Bishop finds solutions, because it's a key moment.

One of the worst games I've played in FIFA. I felt like I couldn't get the ball out of my own half. United fully deserved the win.

Zaha scored 10 goals right away it seemed but months later he's still on 10. I'm trying to play him back on the wing instead of a striker to see if that helps.

I'm not giving up on the title yet. Liverpool went over a month last year without a win so I'm hoping it happens again.
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    jY8KSdf.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    ERK1x8L.png
    YFfh2sg.png
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    2ml28ev.png
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    2TCvlmZ.png

The transfer window has come to a close, we sat down with Bishop to discuss his squad and his plan to compete in three cups with 25 men.

Q: Only one signing in January while three departed (two sold, one loan). Any worries about squad depth with the league, Europa and the FA cup?

Bishop: Not really. I always feel it is better to play players more than have too many and have to constantly bench players. The squad is young, players recover quickly and we feel confident anyone can step in to make a play.

Q: Luka Milivojevic was a captain at times and was a key player. Did you try to keep him around?

Bishop: Of course! He was our defense in the midfield and even scored a handful this season. But when PSG come, it is hard for players to say no. We cannot blame him for leaving but we really wanted him to stay.

Q: You just knocked Man City out of the FA Cup, you are favorites in your Europa knockout round and in the thick of a top 4 race. What is the clubs focus on right now?

Bishop: Right now the focus is the next game. One match at a time, it doesn't matter what the competition is, we are focusing on only the next match and improving our club. No trophy is too big and no trophy is too small for South London.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    despite the loss to Man United the team remain in the top four they must remember how good they are and bounce back. I feel the team should have the League as a priority at this stage
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Very good update!

Bayern and Real Madrid reinforced massively, although I'm also surprised by the moves of Valencia.

The question on debate is good and I wonder what Bishop will do about it. The Europa League is a trophy I personally respect, because for some clubs it takes a lot of efforts to reach there and the European competition allow you to compare yourself with clubs of other countries. Surely it's not the UCL, but Sevilla grew their prestige in this competition, to say an example.
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    despite the loss to Man United the team remain in the top four they must remember how good they are and bounce back. I feel the team should have the League as a priority at this stage

I think the Europa and FA cup draws will determine priority at that time. Top 4 is the main focus at this moment but if I get another very favorable draw in Europa or FA cup then those matches might become priority.
    subpop wrote: »
    Very good update!

Bayern and Real Madrid reinforced massively, although I'm also surprised by the moves of Valencia.

The question on debate is good and I wonder what Bishop will do about it. The Europa League is a trophy I personally respect, because for some clubs it takes a lot of efforts to reach there and the European competition allow you to compare yourself with clubs of other countries. Surely it's not the UCL, but Sevilla grew their prestige in this competition, to say an example.

Thank you. No surprise with Real Madrid after losing Ronaldo and Bale in the last season so they upgraded the attack.

I would be more than thrilled to win Europa. But risking top 4 for it is a tough call. One game at a time and we will see what happens.
  • Stlducks
    1463 posts Professional
    I posted this in the Career help thread but posting here too in case people don't check the other..

So Christmas came early at my house this year, my wife bought me a PS4 slim since the PS4 I have is the original and crashes often. This means I will be ending my Crystal Palace career and starting a new one on the new system.

I'm debating between a realistic Spurs one (not spending often, paying off the stadium, dealing with Poch possibly leaving) or a Sunderland one to bring themback up. My question is, has anyone played on Ultimate difficutly? Is it realistic in terms of how the CPU plays?
  • Danimal5981
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    My XP is that Legendary represents a realistic level.

I can win an average game with 2-0, 3-0. Against the league's best it's even-steven, while against the top 15 European teams I'm having a challenge. So it nears real life experience.

Ultimate is a challenge for sure, but it shouldn't be that Ajax are struggling against a mid table team. My point is: for a team that plays top 4 legendary is good, but if you go for a relegation fight, ultimate might be suitable.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Since moving to Parma on my save I have changed to Ultimate as you can probably gather from my career it is up and down in terms of results