Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Crystal Palace | Season 2 | Quest for a trophy

Comments

• Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    It was an irrelevant game as everything was already solved. Very nice goal of Amaral in what it seems it was a balanced first half, so the 1-1 didn't look unfair. Montpellier seemed a bit more dangerous in the 2nd half. The most important was to see new faces in the team, testing their level in high level games. I wish you were able to take conclussions.

Interesting teams in the draw. Good luck!

It seemed like a very fair game most of the time. I realized Montpellier also played some different players than the last meeting so they rotated also.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I actually can't see an easy draw for you out of them teams. Some of the teams dropping out of the Champions League are shocking Juventus? and AS Monaco?

I was very surprised with Juve dropping. I'm hoping to draw a Celtic or OM type. A good matchup but also a team I know and can kind of prepare for.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Good to see you finished on top. The draw will be very interesting as there could await some big teams.
    What the hell does Freiburg do in europe? :D
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Good to see you finished on top. The draw will be very interesting as there could await some big teams.
    What the hell does Freiburg do in europe? :D

Funny you should mention Freidburg...
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Stoke City v Crystal Palace
    Premier League

2DwUoa3.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    The first knockout rounds have been drawn

Champions League
    Dln4fiq.jpg

Europa League
    8SXDAx1.jpg
    mL4bgBJ.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    fGlYXhq.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Crystal Palace v Leicester
    Premier League

JMRAesw.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Wolves v Crystal Palace
    Premier League

WmSJXgZ.png
  • FluZ8
    18 posts Ball Boy
    3-1 prediction against freiburg!
    Another narrow win.... 😉

• Looks like a great run of results recently, but surprised by that loss to Man U, especially after a win against City.
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    A nice draw in the Europa league in my opinion that is a game that Crystal Palace will be favourites for
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    A couple of good wins for Crystal Palace when they needed points in league. The Leicester match may not have been the best offensive showing, but the defense did their job in holding the lead. Clearly Crystal Palace should have had more goals against the Wolves, they completely dominated the second half. Give credit to Ruddy making the game respectable. I feel the team will be more that a match for Freiburg. The team is at their best in Europe.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    FluZ8 wrote: »
    3-1 prediction against freiburg!
    Another narrow win.... 😉

I'll take that!
    Looks like a great run of results recently, but surprised by that loss to Man U, especially after a win against City.

Man U match was much like the one earlier in the year. Couldn't get anything going in attack and then they scored out of nothing.
    A nice draw in the Europa league in my opinion that is a game that Crystal Palace will be favourites for

We were very lucky considering the other top teams in Europa.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    A couple of good wins for Crystal Palace when they needed points in league. The Leicester match may not have been the best offensive showing, but the defense did their job in holding the lead. Clearly Crystal Palace should have had more goals against the Wolves, they completely dominated the second half. Give credit to Ruddy making the game respectable. I feel the team will be more that a match for Freiburg. The team is at their best in Europe.

The Wolves match was fun to play with how open and attacking it was. But it was also frustrating not being able to convert some chances.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    error below, the schedule is for December
    qQ8C2dH.png
    mKAhrED.png

Mmbzd4A.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Crystal Palace v Southampton
    Premier League

sqAi1vP.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Crystal Palace v Southampton
    FA Cup

pIidKjP.png
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    2 nice wins the FA cup always provides shocks so it is important to win that game. I am intrigued to see what happens with Wilfred now the team don't really want to lose him at this stage of the season but for £90 million you can't argue
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    2 nice wins the FA cup always provides shocks so it is important to win that game. I am intrigued to see what happens with Wilfred now the team don't really want to lose him at this stage of the season but for £90 million you can't argue

It is difficult, I don't want to sell him but want to stay realistic with most transfers. If a crazy amount is thrown at me or it is a big club the player would choose to go to, I give it extra thought.

In this case, I do not know if Zaha would want to leave England for Milan but if the money is right then who knows.
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Catching up after some days off... a run of short, but extremely important victories allow the team to be in the top zone of the league table. Liverpool are on fire and Brighton is the uninvited element this season... dreaming on the league title is too much? I guess it is something that we'll see in the weeks to come.

All this, followed by a great victory in the FA Cup too.

On Zaha... well, it would be a terrible loss, as he's very important in the team. Perhaps being a UCL side convince him to stay, but I guess that a good offer would be very important for the club too.

In the UEL, good draw. Definitely the favourite to advance, although it's a German team after all.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    Good win over Southampton; team was a bit unlucky not to have scored more, but it was a close match. Expected win over Barnsley but still impressive showing by the reserves. The Manchester City match will be a real test. May not be that reliant on Zaha from some of the videos. What ever happened with Timo Werner?
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Catching up after some days off... a run of short, but extremely important victories allow the team to be in the top zone of the league table. Liverpool are on fire and Brighton is the uninvited element this season... dreaming on the league title is too much? I guess it is something that we'll see in the weeks to come.

All this, followed by a great victory in the FA Cup too.

On Zaha... well, it would be a terrible loss, as he's very important in the team. Perhaps being a UCL side convince him to stay, but I guess that a good offer would be very important for the club too.

In the UEL, good draw. Definitely the favourite to advance, although it's a German team after all.

I am not giving up on the league yet. Champions league qualification is the main objective but winning the league is the hope. Brighton had a 10 point lead at one point and have fallen off.

I don't think Zaha will go because clubs undervalue him. Bids are around 40-55m mostly when I think he's worth much more.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Good win over Southampton; team was a bit unlucky not to have scored more, but it was a close match. Expected win over Barnsley but still impressive showing by the reserves. The Manchester City match will be a real test. May not be that reliant on Zaha from some of the videos. What ever happened with Timo Werner?

Good question, bad reporting on my end to not follow up. Werner was valued more than we originally wanted to spend. We ended up getting Barella and Jovic for only a few million more combined than what Werner would have cost.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Man City v Crystal Palace
    Premier League

efNmUPh.png
  • subpop
    Well... Man City is a fierce rival and they showed it in their goal, just unstoppable.

Crystal Palace still managed to have some good chances to tie the game, but it wasn't possible. The 7 point lead of Liverpool starts to look like a mountain, but I guess that asking for the title is too much. Still a fantastic season so far.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Crystal Palace v Stoke City
    Premier League

Kfopjrf.png
    Man City v Crystal Palace
    FA Cup

1nvdcLZ.png
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    fantastic bounce back from the City loss and brilliant to get your revenge in the FA Cup
  • subpop
    Another short victory in the Premier League, but still 3 points and the team didn't seem to suffer much to keep the advantage. So I am surprised about the threat of Bishop on these players that are not producing as the season of the team is fantastic. I guess it's a way to keep the team on their toes.

The manager showed intelligence in his decisions and rotations made possible the victory on Man City at the Etihad. Great achievement as Man City had several important players on the pitch. A great comeback to resist during lots of minutes. Congratulations!
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    fantastic bounce back from the City loss and brilliant to get your revenge in the FA Cup

Revenge is exactly right. The loss to City in the league was extra motivation for the cup.
    Another short victory in the Premier League, but still 3 points and the team didn't seem to suffer much to keep the advantage. So I am surprised about the threat of Bishop on these players that are not producing as the season of the team is fantastic. I guess it's a way to keep the team on their toes.

The manager showed intelligence in his decisions and rotations made possible the victory on Man City at the Etihad. Great achievement as Man City had several important players on the pitch. A great comeback to resist during lots of minutes. Congratulations!

It has been a very good season but key players (Zaha, Townsend, Jovic) have gone missing recently and they must perform well if the team is going to win a trophy. I cannot see us winning a knockout round in Europa or a semi final FA cup match without one of those three leading the team.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    jB3HH11.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Premier League Match 22

jpdTyVQ.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    qse7afp.png

1sJMYAz.png