Ppl throwing games?

Leonsmith
213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've seen on twitch ppl talking bout this on division rivals placement matches so they get easy wins in a low division it just means they will be further away from qualifying for WL surely y wud they do this?

Comments

• PassingThoughts
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just think about it: lose 5 games and then you can play let's say 20 against poor players, you'd have more fun beating them all than you would if you win 4 out of t placement games, then only won 8 of your next 20 ranked games.
    It's a bit wrong but some people do it. I've reset from division 5 in FIFA 15 or 14, but I'd so it with a Togo team etc
  • Leonsmith
    Just think about it: lose 5 games and then you can play let's say 20 against poor players, you'd have more fun beating them all than you would if you win 4 out of t placement games, then only won 8 of your next 20 ranked games.
    It's a bit wrong but some people do it. I've reset from division 5 in FIFA 15 or 14, but I'd so it with a Togo team etc

Is that it, just fun beating worser players than yourself? Tbh I just wanna qualify for weekend league an play good players
  • GeorgeGervin
    1538 posts Play-Off Hero
    Leonsmith wrote: »
    I've seen on twitch ppl talking bout this on division rivals placement matches so they get easy wins in a low division it just means they will be further away from qualifying for WL surely y wud they do this?

They must know the rewards are much better in the higher divisions. Not worth tanking in the slightest.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018

Is that what passes for fun? not fun for the people getting beaten by players a lot better than them.

Someone logs in to just play and relax in Div9, knows he’s not good but enjoys a bit of FIFA and then faces someone taking it seriously. Then gets smashed and frustrated because they just wanted to chill and play a bit of FIFA, great fun.
  • Leonsmith
    Leonsmith wrote: »

They must know the rewards are much better in the higher divisions. Not worth tanking in the slightest.

I wouldn't of thought they would be that wouldn't make sense

• boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Naaah thats so stupid. If you rank in division 10, you only get division 10 rewards no matter how much you play for the week. Also the lower your divsion the harder to qualify for WL. You need 2000 champions point to qualify for WL.Even in division 5, you get only 65 points per win so assuming you can win all your games you need 30 wins. Realistically it would take you like 50 games to qualify for WL in division 5 cause you can't win every game.
    So going to division 10 intentionally is a stupid idea if you plan to play WL cause you would play more games and get less rewards.
    I suggest you take the placement games very serious if you plan in qualifying for WL.
  • Lunty
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surely you’ll get worse champions points in the lower divisions, plus it has no effect on who you face in the weekend league it’s a clean slate every weekend