The story of Koldo Okariz | 2021-2022 | FC Barcelona: preseason start

Comments

  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Just catching up from last 3 matches. The team can hold their head high after the Liverpool to defeat. It is disappointing to lose but the team went deeper than expected and played great at Anfield.

    The UCL position in the league is great concern now. The team needs to play its best football for the remaining games to secure
  • WestardLord
    1334 posts Professional
    Annoying set of results, but great to the see the team make it that far.

    As Stlducks said, the team has to be pretty much at its best just to hold a UCL qualifying position.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Just catching up from last 3 matches. The team can hold their head high after the Liverpool to defeat. It is disappointing to lose but the team went deeper than expected and played great at Anfield.

    The UCL position in the league is great concern now. The team needs to play its best football for the remaining games to secure

    It is sad, because despite the final result, we always played against them face to face. But Keita's perfect shot and, especially, Van Dijk's header changed the whole picture in 5 minutes. Then it was over.

    As you said, now time to focus in the 5 remaining games. 3 'easy' games and 2 difficult ones, without much room for errors.

    The excuse of rotations is over. Do or die.
    Annoying set of results, but great to the see the team make it that far.

    As Stlducks said, the team has to be pretty much at its best just to hold a UCL qualifying position.

    I think we were unlucky to face the strongest rival. We still played quite well. It is annoying that everything got ruined in a corner kick... but this is football.

    Time to look forward.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    xhYZoxy.png

    HveDOtQ.png
  • JoshDFC
    2001 posts Fans' Favourite
    Disappointing defeat to lose to Liverpool but now the team can focus on the final five games of the season and hopefully secure Champions League football although I still feel this season has been a success even if the team come up short
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Disappointing defeat to lose to Liverpool but now the team can focus on the final five games of the season and hopefully secure Champions League football although I still feel this season has been a success even if the team come up short

    It's the league what is going to determine the final result of the season. We mainly focused our efforts in the league and it's evident that the Europa League was having consequences in the legs of the players. It's true that, playing once per week, we should be able to play with our best team from now to the end of the season. Let's hope we can reach the Champions League.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LIGUE 1 - DAY 34

    STADE DE REIMS v OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE




    IhSMDS4.png

    mijMCVb.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LxfLvLF.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    GsbskuP.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    nOaMMAp.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Cnay8Tk.png
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I remember well, you play PSG in the second last round. Before that some of the teams in the thick of it play each other. So it's key to get 6 points out of the next two games: good start.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    If I remember well, you play PSG in the second last round. Before that some of the teams in the thick of it play each other. So it's key to get 6 points out of the next two games: good start.

    Exactly. We are one of those who play against direct rivals. Now Angers... but then we visit Nice. It is evident that we can't reach the game v PSG in a do or die sutuation.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LIGUE 1 - DAY 36 (DAY 35 will be played on May 9, 2020)




    nmlWVdC.png

    MbCM06h.png

  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up



    IjhtBUb.png

  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    zwnz5dr.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    LIGUE 1 - DAY 35*

    OGC NICE v OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE


    * This game should have been played at the end of April. Only 2 games to go




    XqkTctH.png

    eoCxuUl.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    zZxurVX.png

    DsF0wR4.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 12
    Post edited by subpop on
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Very big match coming up. The team has played well against top teams all season and could finish the season with a statement win.

    Was it a graphic error or a subtle message that the last line is missing in the latest article?? Possible loophole incase Okariz leaves post season.
  • Wildfireburns
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The team looks like they want to in play Champions League they are gathering momentum so hopefully they can cross the last hurdle to reach it. Good Luck
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Very big match coming up. The team has played well against top teams all season and could finish the season with a statement win.

    Was it a graphic error or a subtle message that the last line is missing in the latest article?? Possible loophole incase Okariz leaves post season.

    We must win at least a point against PSG. If we lose and Lille win, we'll tie in points and the GD can get very tight.

    I have fixed the error. Koldo is 100% Marseillese... if the Board let him be!

    The team looks like they want to in play Champions League they are gathering momentum so hopefully they can cross the last hurdle to reach it. Good Luck

    Thank you. Yes, the truth is that the elimination in the Europa League gave us oxygen in the league. PSG are a huge rival, but I feel we can compete against them. The 4-1 in the first round was very unreal.
  • JoshDFC
    2001 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man things are tight they need a result against PSG and then to win the remaining game and they have done it but PSG need to win just as badly it will be interesting
  • Hey guys great story. What tactics are you using and formation. I am really struggling to make a formation work. I love to cross a lot. Any help will be appreciated.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Man things are tight they need a result against PSG and then to win the remaining game and they have done it but PSG need to win just as badly it will be interesting

    Yes... very tight. You'll have the solution to the game withing some minutes. :#
    WANPABLO23 wrote: »
    Hey guys great story. What tactics are you using and formation. I am really struggling to make a formation work. I love to cross a lot. Any help will be appreciated.

    I've been quite consistent with the formation during all season. I've played a 4-2-3-1 even if it's not my favourite tactic. Why? First of all, because Payet is a main asset of the squad and it probably was the system that suited him better. The other main asset was the quality of wingers as Robben and Thauvin. It was the formation that suited the players I had in disposal.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LIGUE 1 - DAY 37

    OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE v PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN




    PKvC4jr.png

    z1Ge2Gm.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry guys... but I missed an important part of the video. :(
  • WestardLord
    1334 posts Professional
    edited January 13
    It was gonna be difficult to catch PSG, but I say job well done holding down 3rd place considering some of the inconsistency earlier in the season.

    But more than that, holy cow, what a fantastic signing Origi has been for this club! Love his effort in the last several matches and I hope his form only increases into the next season.
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    The objective to start the season was UCL and the club is so close to reaching it. What a brilliant win over PSG. Defending has been OM's issue for large parts of the season but today the defense was great and won the match.

    It is also nice being the team that ends PSG title hopes.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    It was gonna be difficult to catch PSG, but I say job well done holding down 3rd place considering some of the inconsistency earlier in the season.

    But more than that, holy cow, what a fantastic signing Origi has been for this club! Love his effort in the last several matches and I hope his form only increases into the next season.

    It's actually impossible as there's only one game left. We only need a point (we might not even need the point) to assure the UCL third spot. Basically, we're a point far from our objective.

    Origi has been essential for this achievement. I honestly didn't expect much from him and this is why I brought Ben Yedder in... but I never found a good reason to leave him out.

    He has weaknesses too... I believe that, out of the box, his passing is quite poor and, even though he's fast, his acceleration isn't. However, inside the box, he proved to be deadly.

    I don't know how far he can go, but turned out to be fundamental this season.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    The objective to start the season was UCL and the club is so close to reaching it. What a brilliant win over PSG. Defending has been OM's issue for large parts of the season but today the defense was great and won the match.

    It is also nice being the team that ends PSG title hopes.

    Yes... we will reach the objective with only a draw against Caen. It wasn't a brilliant season, but still good and I believe this is the first stone of the project. As you say, defense must be improved and if we find the key, we will be much more competitive. There's also a concern... Payet and Robben were fundamental this season, but they're in decline... Strootman, Luiz Gustavo... there are important players who are very old. So next season, players like Blas, Maxime Lopez, Palacios, Kamara and others really need to improve, if we want to be a better team.

    It was nice to punish PSG... although Lyon would have won the title anyway as they won their game.
Sign In or Register to comment.