The story of Koldo Okariz | 2021-2022 | FC Barcelona: preseason start

Comments

  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    The Breakthrough Win! This well might awaken a spirit of greatness in the team and put them on course to a league win. Hope Okariz can build on this momentum.
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    Denis “*******” Suarez! What a way to put a beating on PSG and put them in there place.
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow did not see that result coming after the two narrow victories leading into this. I can practically hear Jose counting all his titles to the media explaining that this match didn't matter.

    Very big statement win by OM to show they are true contenders this season.
  • WestardLord
    1400 posts Professional
    Holy hell, what a gut punch for PSG. What an appropriate welcome for Mourinho, lol.

    But most of all, happy to see Suárez smashing in a hat trick. Exactly the kind of performance I wanted to see from OM after the new signings.
  • DB1512
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    What a win and what a game for Denis Suarez! You even could have scored more, PSG were nowhere.
  • Wildfireburns
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Give Suarez his statue !

    I hoped for an epic victory and you delivered it. The OM juggernaut is steaming on.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 9
    The Breakthrough Win! This well might awaken a spirit of greatness in the team and put them on course to a league win. Hope Okariz can build on this momentum.

    Yes. I also feel there are games that change a twam or a situation. This 0-4 surprised me, but made me think we are ready for bigger things.
    Denis “*******” Suarez! What a way to put a beating on PSG and put them in there place.

    Denis Suárez's show was incredible. In goals, passing and everything you can ask from an attacking central midfielder.
    JDB44 wrote: »
    Wow did not see that result coming after the two narrow victories leading into this. I can practically hear Jose counting all his titles to the media explaining that this match didn't matter.

    Very big statement win by OM to show they are true contenders this season.

    Me neither. I was prepared for a very difficult game and it turned out to be the easiest. PSG pressed high, but once we broke their pressure line, it was easy to exploit the huge spaces at their backs. I think they failed in their plan.
    Holy hell, what a gut punch for PSG. What an appropriate welcome for Mourinho, lol.

    But most of all, happy to see Suárez smashing in a hat trick. Exactly the kind of performance I wanted to see from OM after the new signings.

    It reminded me the first visit of Mourinho to the Camp Nou with Real Madrid... after one week of Mourinho talking ****, they were defeated by 5-0.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    What a win and what a game for Denis Suarez! You even could have scored more, PSG were nowhere.

    Exactly PSG were nowhere... their tactics were suicidal.
    Give Suarez his statue !

    I hoped for an epic victory and you delivered it. The OM juggernaut is steaming on.

    Not a bad way to win the hearts of your new supporters.

    Now I wonder which will be Payet's position to negotiate.
    Post edited by subpop on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    B9XXKxa.png
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Okay, okay.... Euphoria today, focus tomorrow. We've seen Gilabert and Okariz (read = @subpop ) pull off magnificent winners before, but it has never resulted in a league win. Let's now try and get a streak going!
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The hope of the title is very much there after a dominating win against the giants. PSG looked outmatched and outclassed in this match.

    Could this be the year Okariz wins the title?
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 10
    What a performance from Marseille against PSG and now we believe this team can win the League I've always believed in Okariz
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Okay, okay.... Euphoria today, focus tomorrow. We've seen Gilabert and Okariz (read = @subpop ) pull off magnificent winners before, but it has never resulted in a league win. Let's now try and get a streak going!


    True, very true... It was such a weird game that I don't think that we're going to roll on every rival in our path, that's for sure.

    Last season, we were the leaders until late November, so I know where we are.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    The hope of the title is very much there after a dominating win against the giants. PSG looked outmatched and outclassed in this match.

    Could this be the year Okariz wins the title?

    I hope so... but aside this match, PSG is showing their best image so far. I don't think it's going to be easy.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    What a performance from Marseille against PSG and now we believe this team can win the League I've always believed in Okariz

    This is true... if there's someone who has been consistenly with Okariz, that's you!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    qjqPDvK.png



    8xBYLFA.png

    8T6nDUE.png
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Clinical win, the team made quick work of the match to leave no doubt about the last half hour. The City v Atletico result is also good for you in terms of goal difference.

    I like group D also. That will be fun to follow.
  • Wildfireburns
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    A good solid no nonsense win for OM. Bring on the next opponents.
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    The double tie against Man City must result in two points at least in order to keep perspective in this group now. At least two draws, or one win.
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    Suarez hatrick against PSG away from home, well that is something right there wow! Amazing result I did not see coming at all, the form continues to Europe too. What I like to see with the team right now is they are keeping clean sheets in big games, a strong backline is key to a title push
  • Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    Agree with Danimal, getting a point of City will be crucial.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Clinical win, the team made quick work of the match to leave no doubt about the last half hour. The City v Atletico result is also good for you in terms of goal difference.

    I like group D also. That will be fun to follow.

    It was a necessary victory. I believe that the 6 points against Brondby must be assured. Then I hope Man City and Atlético can drop points against them. I still think we're far from being the favourites, so I hope we can perform against City in the matches to come.
    A good solid no nonsense win for OM. Bring on the next opponents.

    Yep... let's go.
    The double tie against Man City must result in two points at least in order to keep perspective in this group now. At least two draws, or one win.

    You're right. We definitely need to get something positive in the games against City. For now, I guess the results were to expect, except for the draw of City against Brondby. The upcoming game against City will start to be decisive for our future in the group.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Suarez hatrick against PSG away from home, well that is something right there wow! Amazing result I did not see coming at all, the form continues to Europe too. What I like to see with the team right now is they are keeping clean sheets in big games, a strong backline is key to a title push

    I didn't see it coming either, but I think we were very smart at breaking their high pressure and find the spaces. The bigger the score was, the bigger the spaces were... it was a weird game, but the outcome was fantastic. I also expected a different kind of game, because the results were good, but not impressive either.

    As you say, so far, the clean sheets are making the difference.
    Agree with Danimal, getting a point of City will be crucial.

    Exactly. The upcoming game against them can be truly decisive.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The result between City and Atletico opens the group up early on interesting if you can shock City
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    9sQQ1S7.png





    lak8w4J.png

    sacXaRm.png
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Did the dominant win take the confidence from PSG? Not the response they would have wanted when bouncing back from that loss.

    OM are looking brilliant. Responding with two quick goals after allowing one shows the team knows how to step up a notch if needed.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    This may actually be the year Okariz wins a trophy with the performances of Marseille I believe this could be a great season
  • zltrobert
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You are in the top of league now and you need to be constant in results to stay here. Seven wins in row that means your team is in the top of form.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Did the dominant win take the confidence from PSG? Not the response they would have wanted when bouncing back from that loss.

    OM are looking brilliant. Responding with two quick goals after allowing one shows the team knows how to step up a notch if needed.

    Yes, we definitely are on fire... and if PSG feel the consequences of the 0-4, much much better. We are enjoying a really brilliant moment.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    This may actually be the year Okariz wins a trophy with the performances of Marseille I believe this could be a great season

    Yes... I was unsure of being able to win the title yet, but now I see it as a very realistic option.
    zltrobert wrote: »
    You are in the top of league now and you need to be constant in results to stay here. Seven wins in row that means your team is in the top of form.

    Exactly. We're very consistent at this point, very solid in defense. We're in a great moment now.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    v09sNZE.png



    dgh8JbC.png

    f6nIaTJ.png
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    The stats show a degree of efficiency: good! Four aimed shots, one goal.
  • Wildfireburns
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    As I said before a win is a win no matter how bad you perform. It's also great knowing you have a 3 point lead ahead of Lyon.

    How is the Payet contract situation going ? Have you offered him a new deal yet or is he stil refusing to negotiate ?
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Another win and PSG drop more points. It really is a brilliant moment allowing fans to dream of glory. But there is also a lot of season left for things to happen.
  • DB1512
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Excellent streak and good to see PSG be in some kind of crisis.
Sign In or Register to comment.