3069 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 3
    jd13nA8.png

9B64hmY.png

C8kG5M3.png
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    edited February 4
    The detail in all of this is something to behold. My hat is off to you man. I like the look of that Liverpool squad, but man I hate how Robertson and TAA are sold so easily in everyone’s stories this year.

Not sure if Group B or Group E is the group of death this year 😬
  • subpop
    The detail in all of this is something to behold. My hat is off to you man. I like the look of that Liverpool squad, but man I hate how Robertson and TAA are sold so easily in everyone’s stories this year.

Not sure if Group B or Group E is the group of death this year 😬

Thank you! On Liverpool's team, the sales of the fullbacks is a tradition in many clubs. Surprised about the 108 M sale of Keita too... I hadn't seen this fee in this FIFA edition yet. I still think that Liverpool still have one of the best teams and Havertz is a very interesting player too.
  • DB1512
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Love the detail you add to your story, interesting to see the development of all those teams and some remarkable transfers as well (Delph as the starting leftback of Real Madrid for example). A thought CL group where I think you deliver a great achievement if you can finish before City or Atlético.
  • subpop
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Love the detail you add to your story, interesting to see the development of all those teams and some remarkable transfers as well (Delph as the starting leftback of Real Madrid for example). A thought CL group where I think you deliver a great achievement if you can finish before City or Atlético.

Thank you!

Yes, the group is extremely tough. I share your thoughts... if I'm honest, I don't think we're favourites to advance. In fact, I believe we're still far from the rival's level, but then we'll have to play and see.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    The team have really turned it around after the poor start to the season and look like they may challenge for the title
  • subpop
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team have really turned it around after the poor start to the season and look like they may challenge for the title

That's the goal this season. I think that we can be in the fight... we improved our defensive record a lot this season... however, still soon in the season.
  • subpop
    PdtseJO.png

gDqaDm3.png

mOfdp3p.png
  • Danimal5981
    1987 posts Fans' Favourite
    You have nothing to lose in the away games. 2-0 against such a well established team in the Champions League. is no shame. Just be sure to get the point in home games.
  • Good win against ASSE, but not very surprised by the loss to Atleti. Tough opponent and tough atmosphere.
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Tough way to open the group stage. Always going to be a tough group to get out of but plenty of time to go
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very tough group, if you are able to steal a point at Man City that would be huge but the main goal is to not drop points at home.

Man City drew against Brondy, very helpful to you and surprising for sure.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Difficult group I think Marseille need a miracle to qualify this group but City have slipped against a team they should be beating
  • subpop
    You have nothing to lose in the away games. 2-0 against such a well established team in the Champions League. is no shame. Just be sure to get the point in home games.

The funny thing is that Atlético scored when we took a more attacking attitude. We left more space at the back and they hit when they hadn't done anything before. Perhaps we should have stayed balanced or conservative.
    Good win against ASSE, but not very surprised by the loss to Atleti. Tough opponent and tough atmosphere.

Indeed. I seriously didn't have the chance to shoot on target. Terrible.
    Tough way to open the group stage. Always going to be a tough group to get out of but plenty of time to go

Sure. Next game is at home vs Brøndby... we must win this game, if we want to have an option.
    JDB44 wrote: »
    Very tough group, if you are able to steal a point at Man City that would be huge but the main goal is to not drop points at home.

Man City drew against Brondy, very helpful to you and surprising for sure.

Yes. We didn't start very well. We need the 6 points against the Danes and be strong at home against the top teams... easier to say than to do.

Difficult group I think Marseille need a miracle to qualify this group but City have slipped against a team they should be beating

It's evident we're not the favourites to advance. The good thing is that pressure disappears, it's on our rivals. As I said, I think we must win the 6 points against Brondby and then perform at the home games waiting for errors. We'll see...
  • subpop
    UOIUyP6.png

lxsu0KB.png

jMx2IJX.png

• Wildfireburns
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    A last minute winner is always so satisfying and even better when you weren't up to your usual standard.
  • subpop
    A last minute winner is always so satisfying and even better when you weren't up to your usual standard.

I couldn't have expressed it better. I felt relief, because I practically lost hope.
  • subpop
    NyrbfR0.png
  • DB1512
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Looking forward to Le Classique! You can really hurt Mourinho if you grab a win at Le Parc de Princes and I wonder if José keeps his eyes dry in case of a loss. If one manager should complain about a collegue who isn't happy with the schedule it is Mourinho....

Lucky late game winner against Dion, not a very good game according to the summary but that makes the victory even sweeter. Good luck in the upcoming games against Montpellier and PSG.
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like when managers challenge Jose. He is so full of himself and likes to act better than other managers. It is nice to see Koldo not back down. Hopefully his team can put in a performance on the pitch now.
  • subpop
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Le Classique! You can really hurt Mourinho if you grab a win at Le Parc de Princes and I wonder if José keeps his eyes dry in case of a loss. If one manager should complain about a collegue who isn't happy with the schedule it is Mourinho....

Lucky late game winner against Dion, not a very good game according to the summary but that makes the victory even sweeter. Good luck in the upcoming games against Montpellier and PSG.

For this things of FIFA I'll never understand we play against Montpellier on Thursday and PSG on Saturday... which forces me to rotate the team massively. If that's not enough, we face Brondby in the UCL in the following week (can't remember if Tuesday or Wednesday). Well, it gave me the opportunity to give a twist to the story.

It wasn't our best game, but as you say, it's important to grab the three points even in the bad days.
    JDB44 wrote: »
    I like when managers challenge Jose. He is so full of himself and likes to act better than other managers. It is nice to see Koldo not back down. Hopefully his team can put in a performance on the pitch now.

Yes... man, I used to detest this guy... the funny thing is that now I feel sorry for him as I think he has become a cartoon of himself.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crucial to get the late victory again Dijon even if it wasn't deserved tough games coming thick and fast now which will really test the team
  • subpop
    mCzkwTZ.png

FEwpddU.png

pKDbtvy.png
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Nice couple of grind it out victories. The battle with PSG and Mourinho will be huge. Can’t wait to see it 😎
  • Ashy
    8231 posts League Winner
    Last two solid wins there, I always say I like a good 1-0 win and so far this season it's looking good for Marseille. As far as the UCL is concerned I fear for you, Man City and Atletico are very strong and you've lost the first battle

Surprising to see your net spend so low, -26m, I'd have thought you would be pushing the 40-50m mark to compete with PSG a bit better in that sense, the squad is good enough to challenge for sure
  • Wildfireburns
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bring on PSG... Hopefully you'll make Mourinho eat his words and claim an epic victory.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here it is Marseille win and the title race is on if you lose then maybe it is going to be very difficult
  • subpop
    Nice couple of grind it out victories. The battle with PSG and Mourinho will be huge. Can’t wait to see it 😎

Coming up this evening!
    Ashy wrote: »
    Last two solid wins there, I always say I like a good 1-0 win and so far this season it's looking good for Marseille. As far as the UCL is concerned I fear for you, Man City and Atletico are very strong and you've lost the first battle

Surprising to see your net spend so low, -26m, I'd have thought you would be pushing the 40-50m mark to compete with PSG a bit better in that sense, the squad is good enough to challenge for sure

I didn't explain this financial aspect. But you are right.

Most of the players we signed were in the early days of the market, so we could have them in dispposal for the UCL qualifyiers. We nearly spent 50 M soon.

But then PSV tied at home and risked the UCL qualification and the increase of budget was based on playing the UCL. Then we finally advanced.

I limited myself to buy only 4 players + 1 free agent in the Summer market. So I had to decide between a CB or a RB. As I was short of RBs, I looked for one, but I didn't find what I wanted. So I prefered to save money for the Winter market instead of buying anything. This is why we brought Wague on loan... just in case.

Then most of our sales were in the last moments too, so we ended up with higher savings than expected.

It is ok. I am fine with the team and savings are in the bank.
    Bring on PSG... Hopefully you'll make Mourinho eat his words and claim an epic victory.

Willing to play it!!!
    Here it is Marseille win and the title race is on if you lose then maybe it is going to be very difficult

Still soon in the season, so even if 6 points would be a great distance, it wouldn't be the end of the season either.

I'll play the game now... wish me luck!
  • subpop
    avwlpLM.png

hLZP2UH.png

SGiDF3m.png