The story of Koldo Okariz | L'OM 2020-2021 | Day 15 v RC Strasbourg

Comments

• subpop
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    JfASvvi.png
  • Danimal5981
    1987 posts Fans' Favourite
    First three games away against fairly good opponents and then at home against Barça.
    I'd say any point taken is a win.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    A really tough start three away games then Barca away talk about a baptism of fire :lol:
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Great breakdown of the league, excited to see how you can turn this club around and hopefully add another team into the mix of LaLiga contenders.
  • Ashy
    8231 posts League Winner
    Good preview of La Liga, I agree with it all really, I wonder how close the predictions will be to how it ends, it is a tough start for you though, really want to see you stop Barca when that games comes, Hate that club!
  • subpop
    First three games away against fairly good opponents and then at home against Barça.
    I'd say any point taken is a win.

Considering the pre-season, you can only be right in this.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A really tough start three away games then Barca away talk about a baptism of fire :lol:

If we are supposed to fight for Europe, we better start winning points in these games before we face Barcelona.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Great breakdown of the league, excited to see how you can turn this club around and hopefully add another team into the mix of LaLiga contenders.

Well... I just don't see it in the short term, to be honest. I'd be happy if we're able to be fighting for an UEL spot.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good preview of La Liga, I agree with it all really, I wonder how close the predictions will be to how it ends, it is a tough start for you though, really want to see you stop Barca when that games comes, Hate that club!

Thank you! Hate Barça?! Why? I think you must really think about it twice... :D :p

• subpop
    hcHHBKF.png
  • subpop
    FD1ysC9.png
  • subpop
    edited October 2018
    DAY 1 - VILLARREAL CF v REAL SOCIEDAD

jNkWoSI.png

MTG0jHt.png
  • subpop
    LA LIGA - DAY 2

LEGANÉS CF v VILLARREAL CF

3zIqmLO.png

JO5i2Ae.png
  • Danimal5981
    4 out of 2, on par with the big three: good start
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    A Fantastic start to the season with four points out of six it shows the quality of the team especially that point against Villarreal who will be up there
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Very good start in not only getting the wins but also starting to find an identity so early in the season.
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Great start to the season. Doing a great job with controlling the ball both games it looks like.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    A preseason to tick off and to learn from. Unfortunate loss against Hertha. But nothing to be ashamed of ;) Does happen to the best.
    Afterwards a solid start into the season. 4 points out of 2 away games is a promising start after this preseason. Seems like Koldo made the right changes and adjustments.
  • subpop
    4 out of 2, on par with the big three: good start

Yes, I'm happy with it. Villarreal are a very strong rival and despite they were superior, we got a good result. Much better against Leganés in every sense. I'm happy with this first 2 games.
    A Fantastic start to the season with four points out of six it shows the quality of the team especially that point against Villarreal who will be up there

This is the kind of results we must have to try to fight for European spots. I'm still unsure we can do it (a lot to be played yet) as it was tough to draw against Villarreal, who are direct rivals... we'll see how it progresses.
    Very good start in not only getting the wins but also starting to find an identity so early in the season.

This is what I believe it's the most important. Surely a lot of things to improve, but Zurutuza and Illarramendi give stability to midfield and Januzaj and Oyarzábal seem powerful in attack. I hope to find the best out of Willian José, so far the biggest disappointment.
    Great start to the season. Doing a great job with controlling the ball both games it looks like.

Yes, we want that possession football becomes our trademark. I hope we can continue this way in the next games.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    A preseason to tick off and to learn from. Unfortunate loss against Hertha. But nothing to be ashamed of ;) Does happen to the best.
    Afterwards a solid start into the season. 4 points out of 2 away games is a promising start after this preseason. Seems like Koldo made the right changes and adjustments.

:D

Yes, we fixed some aspects after the pre-season and they seem to work. I wish we can extend it in the future.
  • subpop
    LA LIGA - DAY 3

SD EIBAR v REAL SOCIEDAD

fQjwsBw.png

ePqiPJ1.png
  • Ashy
    8231 posts League Winner
    Good start to the season, a bit worrying to concede 3 to Eibar though. I must say these graphics are looking clean, very good job, lots of work done to get the table and results posted for each fixture too. :)
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Frustrating to draw in a derby you should have won by the sounds of it. A derby to. Remember for the fans but the players must move on and not let the mistakes happen again. Still without a loss after three games but will need to start getting wins instead of draws to keep the pace.
  • Chris
    5385 posts Big Money Move
    Thought about doing a La Liga CM because of the new license stuff but never got round to it, good luck man!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Unfortunate as these games are the ones who should be won...Giving up the lead 3 times is something to remember. Concentration and focus is the key then once you get the lead. So a shootout for the fans but Koldo can't be happy with this point.
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    A solid start I think a point away from home for a team like Sociedad is always a good result and Eibar seem to have made a positive start as well
  • subpop
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good start to the season, a bit worrying to concede 3 to Eibar though. I must say these graphics are looking clean, very good job, lots of work done to get the table and results posted for each fixture too. :)

Well, Eibar isn't a newly promoted team and has had good seasons in LaLiga recently. However, it's true that we can't take the lead 3 times and waste it as we did.

Thank you! Well... after some time using Excel, it doesn't take that much time. :)
    Frustrating to draw in a derby you should have won by the sounds of it. A derby to. Remember for the fans but the players must move on and not let the mistakes happen again. Still without a loss after three games but will need to start getting wins instead of draws to keep the pace.

That's the word: frustrating. I agree that we should improve the results, but next match it's Barcelona....
    Chris wrote: »
    Thought about doing a La Liga CM because of the new license stuff but never got round to it, good luck man!

Thank you!
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Unfortunate as these games are the ones who should be won...Giving up the lead 3 times is something to remember. Concentration and focus is the key then once you get the lead. So a shootout for the fans but Koldo can't be happy with this point.

Exactly... we should have controlled the game after every goal, but we were unable to avoid the come and go kind of game. A lesson to learn.
    A solid start I think a point away from home for a team like Sociedad is always a good result and Eibar seem to have made a positive start as well

Yes, Eibar also had good results. Thinking positively, an away draw isn't a bad result.
  • subpop
    4LJny5k.png
  • subpop
    LA LIGA - DAY 4

REAL SOCIEDAD v FC BARCELONA

wKC03jm.png

5pV3ztc.png
  • Danimal5981
    Expected. I honestly say, you have three points more than I anticipated. The worst is over and you're only down on goal diff from where I expect you'd be (which is: top half of the table).
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Always going to take something special to beat one of the top 3. Not a bad start though. I agree that top 10 is still very attainable.
  • Chris
    5385 posts Big Money Move
    Sorry if I missed it, but are you doing the Basque transfer policy?
  • JoshDFC
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wow a humbling defeat at home shame really but Barcelona are a very strong side and not many teams will take points from them
  • subpop
    Expected. I honestly say, you have three points more than I anticipated. The worst is over and you're only down on goal diff from where I expect you'd be (which is: top half of the table).

It's not going bad... Except for Barcelona, who are in a different level, the team is playing according to the plan. However, we truly fail to create chances and this is a problem. Let's see how it develops and I wish we can be in the top half, as you say.
    Always going to take something special to beat one of the top 3. Not a bad start though. I agree that top 10 is still very attainable.

It should be... The UCL is out of reach, but hopefully we can fight for being 6th or 7th in the best of the cases. Still I honestly think there are lots of teams better than us after the top-3 as Valencia, Sevilla, Betis or Villarreal. But I think we should be able to compete against the rest.
    Chris wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed it, but are you doing the Basque transfer policy?

No. Real Sociedad don't do it. They have lots of homegrown players, but they also have foreign players and Spanish players from other regions. Still I'll try to use the academy as much as I can. It's a must anyway, as the economic power isn't high.
    Wow a humbling defeat at home shame really but Barcelona are a very strong side and not many teams will take points from them

Too strong... their passing football and the efficiency in attack was really hard to stop, if not impossible at moments. Still the game went wrong since the first second.