The story of Koldo Okariz | 2021-2022 | FC Barcelona: preseason start

Comments

• WestardLord
    1451 posts Professional
    City look like the stronger team in the first half. Interesting to see no shots on target yet. OM need to lock down the attackers and prevent more chances.
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    The build up to this game has been good, level at half time and it's all to play for, Marseille need to show they need it more, I'd go straight at them in the second half and try to get the first goal before 60 minutes.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

f0LHs3c.png

GpNmHNL.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    You made it!! Congratulations on winning the most desired trophy.
    The team showed composure in heated moments and were able to score in two beautiful headings.
    Even you didn't have the possession, when you got the ball the team were always looking for the goal and going ahead unlike Manchester City. Marseille proved to Pep that pass and pass and have the possession aren't enough with you aren't objective.

Loved this ending and I'm very excited to know what's the next Koldo's destination.
  • Danimal5981
    2158 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 30
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Loved this ending and I'm very excited to know what's the next Koldo's destination.

Pay more attention :D the answer is somewhere on this forum already (not this thread...) - be clever in your search ;)
  • Danimal5981
    What a great win and it's great to see you finally making it all the way! In your days as Gila it was good but you could never convert it into many trophies and initially Koldo was heading in that same direction. But man, this was a flying season with brilliant bang at the end. I know what's next, but I won't spoil the fun.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congratulations! What a win. I liked the celebrations at the end, awesome ending to Koldo's OM story.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro

Pay more attention :D the answer is somewhere on this forum already (not this thread...) - be clever in your search ;)

I remembered now... nice move lol
  • DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    What a win! Great to end the era of Koldo at OM with a UCL win!
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Second half was a complete flip of the script. Dominant performance and the result to show for it. Now on to bigger challenges. I heard Colo-Colo is looking for a new manager. :|
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    Koldo finally accomplished the dream of winning the big one. Now he can ride off to his dream job, rebuilding Real Madrid...
  • subpop
    You made it!! Congratulations on winning the most desired trophy.
    The team showed composure in heated moments and were able to score in two beautiful headings.
    Even you didn't have the possession, when you got the ball the team were always looking for the goal and going ahead unlike Manchester City. Marseille proved to Pep that pass and pass and have the possession aren't enough with you aren't objective.

Yes, we struggled in the first half, but they didn't take advantage from their best football and we were able to punish them in the second half.

Man City played well in the first half, but it's true that they vanished in the 2nd half and their passing football turned out to be inefficient.

Very happy!
    What a great win and it's great to see you finally making it all the way! In your days as Gila it was good but you could never convert it into many trophies and initially Koldo was heading in that same direction. But man, this was a flying season with brilliant bang at the end. I know what's next, but I won't spoil the fun.

The future is now... news soon as you know.

This season was perfect. Everything went very well... I knew we could fight for the league, but I didn't expect to win the UCL. The reality is that we were near the exit in the group stage, but then we were lucky to face a very poor Barcelona without Messi; and Valencia, who were the easiest team to face. Then two good games gave us this trophy. Luck play a big role in the UCL and it was in our side.

The season was brilliant.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    What a win! Great to end the era of Koldo at OM with a UCL win!

Yes, perfect end for a brilliant year.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Second half was a complete flip of the script. Dominant performance and the result to show for it. Now on to bigger challenges. I heard Colo-Colo is looking for a new manager. :|

Colo-Colo would be a nice team to manage, to be honest. :D
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Koldo finally accomplished the dream of winning the big one. Now he can ride off to his dream job, rebuilding Real Madrid...

Yep... that's my dream, but Pochettino is in, so I can't do anything about that. :D
  • subpop
    kPjhLJe.png
  • subpop
    lbehzhR.png
  • subpop
    tDiGxXz.png
  • subpop
    H5PgH3y.png
  • Danimal5981
    I hope Koldo sticks to Barcelona tradition, where there's room for both purchases as well as Academy talent.
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    What a season and what a way to go out, amazing second half against Man City to get to the win, an early second half goal helped with the nerves I think. Marseille will forever remember you, a true legend at the club and good luck at Barcelona now, they finished 3rd which is disappointing, big task ahead to get them a true force again.
  • LAboog4
    Is this your first career with Barcelona? I'm excited to see how someone who loves the club plays with them. Much like @danial5981 with Ajax, having knowledge of the club adds realism that is nice.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck! It will be nice to follow this season knowing you are a Barcelona fan.
  • DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting choice of Koldo, I wonder which weird transfers the AI did for Barcelona and how the squad looks like now. In my careers Barça often goes for English defenders, especially wingbacks, so they have players like Trent Alexander Arnold and Danny Rose in their squad.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lot of pressure for Koldo moving to Barcelona. I know he loved Marseille, but does that mean he won't try to poach some of their players?

p.s Congrats on the CL win. Messi magic, guess you got your wish. This one is done and dusted IMHO. Don't see another Roma letdown happening. Liverpool will probably win leg 2, but Barcelona will score.
  • WestardLord
    1451 posts Professional
    Sorry I missed out on this, but fantastic end to the season, and a deserved treble. It seems like Okariz is ascending to another plane of football existence with the move to Barcelona. Seems deserved after an amazing season.
  • subpop
    I hope Koldo sticks to Barcelona tradition, where there's room for both purchases as well as Academy talent.

That is the objective. I want to promote the kids of La Masia and only go for players that can cover what we miss at home. There are a few like Riqui Puig, Cucurella or Abel Ruiz that will definitely have lots of minutes. However I also miss others like Sergi Roberto or Oriol Busquets.
    Ashy wrote: »
    What a season and what a way to go out, amazing second half against Man City to get to the win, an early second half goal helped with the nerves I think. Marseille will forever remember you, a true legend at the club and good luck at Barcelona now, they finished 3rd which is disappointing, big task ahead to get them a true force again.

Yes. I felt I have given all I had at Marseille. I believe it was the right time to move to Barcelona and take the team back where it deserves.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Is this your first career with Barcelona? I'm excited to see how someone who loves the club plays with them. Much like @danial5981 with Ajax, having knowledge of the club adds realism that is nice.

Yes. First time ever. I have always looked for a more challenging story, but I felt it suited the story well now. I wish I can give a different angle as you say.
    Good luck! It will be nice to follow this season knowing you are a Barcelona fan.

Thanks!
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Interesting choice of Koldo, I wonder which weird transfers the AI did for Barcelona and how the squad looks like now. In my careers Barça often goes for English defenders, especially wingbacks, so they have players like Trent Alexander Arnold and Danny Rose in their squad.

I will post it in a few minutes.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Lot of pressure for Koldo moving to Barcelona. I know he loved Marseille, but does that mean he won't try to poach some of their players?

p.s Congrats on the CL win. Messi magic, guess you got your wish. This one is done and dusted IMHO. Don't see another Roma letdown happening. Liverpool will probably win leg 2, but Barcelona will score.

I don't think I will make any move for Marseille players. Different club, different concept. And it is a matter of respect too.

About real life, it definitely looks good, but the result was exaggerated and Liverpool showed a great level of football. The result should not hide the reality.

Strange things happen in football. I wish it stays as it is now. However, I am sure we will suffer at Anfield.
    Sorry I missed out on this, but fantastic end to the season, and a deserved treble. It seems like Okariz is ascending to another plane of football existence with the move to Barcelona. Seems deserved after an amazing season.

Thanks for your words.
  • subpop
    rPzDdUN.png
  • subpop

soPCihT.png

• subpop

8jwsLzG.png
  • subpop
    Note. I have set manual and semi manual controls to it can be more challenging as last season I felt too superior at moments, especially in league games. I have seen the consequences of the change in this preseason matches.
  • LAboog4
    300 million euros is a very good budget to have. A lot of cash to make improvements and to invest in the academy.

I like the sqaud, a few surprised like Walker-Peters and Max Meyers but a lot of players left from the 2019 squad too.

Manual is a challenge but is also more fun once you get the hang of it. Good luck!
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    What a season Koldo deserves this move. The team needs trimming down if I am being honest but in terms of targets I feel a back up keeper a back up centre half a first team midfielder and a striker are required to take the team up a level