Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Fabio Cannavaro: December Results

Comments

• DB1512
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Just read your story and I like the way you describe the path of Cannavaro. After winning prices in China a big achievement by keeping Parma in the top division. I think you made some quality signings and also those two mid seventy rated youngsters are quite an improvement compared to last year I guess. I wonder if you can remain your current ranking in the Serie A, qualifing for European football would be a huge performance.
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    13 games in and still in the top 4, what a fantastic start. The losses to top teams were very close, it does not look like the team has been outplayed by much in any game.

I like the trio promoted. They seem to have very good potential and will help with squad depth if given a chance.

Yeah Cesarac and Colombo especially Gaj isn't someone who I would normally promote with potential 79-85 but his rating 67 is quite high for a youngster so he got the chance
    Colombo looks very promising, indeed. Wingers are not hard to get, but picking the right one might be a bit of a challenge. The worst is always to get their stamina-stats up, how is that with these three?

Gaj (65), Cesarac (52) and Colombo (59) so not great but hopefully we can get these up
    subpop wrote: »
    After an irregular September, the team completed a great and perfect October. Then in this last month there were ups and downs again. In overall terms, fantastic season so far.

I must say I am surprised of seeing the team so high in the league table at this point. Rogoni and, especially, Pavón have been incredible.

Good to see youngsters making it into the first team.

Pavon has been incredible and has won us games on his own. Rigoni has made a difference when coming on he has the experience we require with the youthfulness in the squad
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Just read your story and I like the way you describe the path of Cannavaro. After winning prices in China a big achievement by keeping Parma in the top division. I think you made some quality signings and also those two mid seventy rated youngsters are quite an improvement compared to last year I guess. I wonder if you can remain your current ranking in the Serie A, qualifing for European football would be a huge performance.

It would be an exceptional achievement but it won't be easy. Marino and Colombo have been brilliant since joining the first team and Pavon on the wing is somebody we have to keep in January to have any chance of top four. I think the signing of Orsolini could prove crucial but I still expect the challenge of AS Roma to go until the final days if we can keep this form going
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero

bY33bnd.png

Q: Walter after equalising so late you must have thought you hd done enough to get a point how are you feeling?
    Mazzarri: I am obviously very disappointed because we switched off in the last seconds and we have lost because of it. Their best header of the ball arguably Bruno (Alves) was allowed a run to the ball and he has punished us for it. I think both goals we could have done better we gave the ball away stupidly for their first and then the keeper can maybe save but this is football we made two mistakes and lose because of this.

Q: Fabio after conceding an equaliser so late how happy are you to come away with the win?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted of course because I think we deserved to win this game and we didn’t deserve to concede this equaliser in my opinion but this can happen in football. I thought when Tommaso came on he played some excellent passes and you can see why everybody at the club rates him but he is young and must be patient just like Simone (Marino) and Gio (Colombo) were and when he gets the chance he has to take it.

kiEVJDn.png

Q: Fabio another win for your side it has been a remarkable season just how important has Cristian Pavon been to the team and are you confident you can keep him at the club in January?
    Cannavaro: Cristian (Pavon) is world class I don’t think anybody doubts that but he is still young and he is still learning. I think he is very happy here at Parma the fans idolise him he is scoring goals assisting goals, as a person he is our penalty taker but when we get the penalty because Alberto (Cerri) he has been playing well but not scored for a few games he gives him the ball to help his confidence and then he scores two goals to help us win. I have no intention of selling him and I don’t think it will cause a problem if there’s a bid because he is happy at Parma.

Q: Davide a tough loss what were your thoughts on the game?
    Nicola: I think we made thinks difficult for ourselves very early conceding the penalty but we fought our way back into the game and then four minutes into the second half a simple ball over the top and the top scorer in Serie A is in on goal how can we leave space in behind knowing how dangerous he is and then the third we aren’t tight to him and he fires in another goal but we knew Pavon’s talent before the game he is difficult to stop but we could have defended his goals better.

Jkm6xX1.png

Udinese (4-3-3): Musso, Stryger Larsen, Samir, Nuytinck, Adnan, Barak (Fofana, 57), Badu, Mandragora, Pussetto (Ewandro, 63), Teodorczyk (Vizeu, 78), Machis

Parma (4-3-3): Sheng, Gazzola, Colombo, Alves, Murru, Stulac (Ceravolo, 63), Rigoni (Iacoponi, 78), Marino, Galano, Matri, Lookman (Pavon, 60)

Q: Fabio disappointing to exit the cup. What are your thoughts on the game?
    Cannavaro: We are sad because we wanted to have a nice cup run but I don’t think we deserved to win. I think you have to take the positives from the game Liu (Sheng) played very well on his first start and made some great saves. Now we focus on the league I think the conditions today with that snow it shouldn’t have been played it is a miracle nobody was injured and we are happy to have a fully fit squad.

nMV3Hsg.png

Q: Fabio a tough game but you managed to collect another three points what did you make of that game?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted with the win. It was like you say a tough game Chievo came here to try and win the match and in the first half if it wasn’t for Alessio (Cragno) they could have scored one or two more goals his save from Birsa’s header is one of the greatest saves he will ever make it was outstanding. The second half we were more in control and deserved to collect the three points with Cristian’s insane goal from an incredibly tight angle.

Q: Domenico a tough loss to take in a very even game what did you make of the match?

Di Carlo: I am disappointed not with our performance but to lose a game we deserved to win. The first half if we had gone in three or four nil up they couldn’t have complained at it because we dominated, their keeper had the game of his life and that is why they picked up the result. The second half they obviously improved and Pavon scored for an incredible angle but it showed their luck the ball fell back to him after he hit post.

6SuiJx1.png
  • subpop
    2847 posts Fans' Favourite
    The impressive run of results continue. It's amazing to see how a team that struggled so much last season improved in way that allows them to be in the top-3 when almost half leagues has been played.

The defeat against Udinese in the Coppa can only be seen as an accident. So what do you think are the reasons of such a great change?
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    The impressive run of results continue. It's amazing to see how a team that struggled so much last season improved in way that allows them to be in the top-3 when almost half leagues has been played.

The defeat against Udinese in the Coppa can only be seen as an accident. So what do you think are the reasons of such a great change?

I think there are a number of reasons for the form I think last season the keeper was an issue now I have faith in Cragno to make saves, we have Marcos in front of the defence and he has been exceptional both at winning the ball and helping to keep the ball, Cristian Pavon has been so exceptional but I also think although he doesn't score many that Cerri has had a massive impact upfront all the signings have played their part I think but Cragno and Llorente are the main ones then Cerri
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    rd9I0HB.png
  • Loved those goals by Pavon. Looks like things are going fairly well for Cannavaro.

If he does well in the next season and gets a chance to move, it might as well be out of Serie A to a bigger club.
  • subpop
    2847 posts Fans' Favourite
    When agents say no, it means yes... and he even highlights 3 different clubs. Perhaps it is too soon for him to think in some clubs. In Real Madrid he won 2 Ligas, but he is hardly a legend or an important player in history. Manchester United? On paper, I don't see it... but as desperate as they are, who knows. Juventus may be the most realistic option. We will see...
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Loved those goals by Pavon. Looks like things are going fairly well for Cannavaro.

If he does well in the next season and gets a chance to move, it might as well be out of Serie A to a bigger club.

It is difficult to say where he will go next because there is the option of Juventus who have hired people from smaller clubs in the past (Conte joined from Siena) And Madrid gave Zidane the job with virtually no experience as he was a legend of the club and Cannavaro is although maybe not as much of a legend was still named in there best ever foreign eleven and the fact he has title in China may also help if he was to go there. United is probably the most unlikely although they may want somebody young with new ideas after the disappointment post Fergie
    When agents say no, it means yes... and he even highlights 3 different clubs. Perhaps it is too soon for him to think in some clubs. In Real Madrid he won 2 Ligas, but he is hardly a legend or an important player in history. Manchester United? On paper, I don't see it... but as desperate as they are, who knows. Juventus may be the most realistic option. We will see...

I feel Cannavaro is happy at Parma and being honest the difference in quality with Napoli isn't that high since they sold a number of their key players so I do feel Fabio will stay at least until the end of the season
  • JoshDFC
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    ywEHMvm.png

TsN08cE.png

Q: Massimo a fantastic win against a team in good form, what did you make of your sides performance today?
    Allegri: Like you said Parma have been in fantastic form and are in the top four because they deserve to be there but I felt we were the much better team. We kept the ball brilliantly and in the final third we created a lot of chances on another day we may have scored a couple more because Alessio (Cragno) made some fantastic saves. We kept them quiet they didn’t create many chances I think this was a perfect performance from us and we still believe we can win the title.

Q: Fabio a tough loss, what were your opinions on todays game?
    Cannavaro: Juventus outplayed us. We weren’t at our best but you have to give them credit they are the best team we have played this season and they forced us into making mistakes. The second half was really frustrating because he game was over within ten minutes of the break, we gave the ball away stupidly at the start of the half and they scored. I think Juventus showed their experience in key parts of the game especially at the start of the second half.

IfJIhBU.png

tf4bmUR.png

Q: Fabio back to winning ways in a difficult game, what did you make of that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am happy with the way we reacted to the loss against Juventus, I think Benevento made things very difficult for us they scored a wonder goal when we were in control and that gave them a lift but we deserved to win. It is strange for Cristian (Pavon) to score two headers because he normally scores with his feet but he can do everything he is such a talent, he is the best player I have ever managed and I am delighted because he has the most goals and the most assists in the league he has been exceptional.

Q: Cristian not the result you wanted but was that a much improved performance from your side today?
    Bucchi: I think we played very well today we scored a fantastic goal but we are disappointed because we conceded two headers by a player who is five foot five when our defenders are six foot plus. We can’t keep conceding goals if we are to remain in Serie A that’s the main issue not our play but the amount of goals we are letting in. Today without these tow headers from the smallest played on the pitch we win instead we leave with nothing again.

pzjkL5k.png

Q: Roberto a hard fought point what did you make of the game and the decision to award your side a penalty?
    Stellone: I thought that it was a penalty, their player caught Reyna in the box and Reyna went down. I thought they struggled to cope with Reyna today and he made a massive impact on the game scoring a fantastic goal and winning the penalty. I thought we deserved a point from the game, Parma are a tough team they have been in excellent form and are in the top four and they have arguably the best player certainly this season in Pavon but we coped with them very well.

Q: Fabio a controversial penalty, what were your views on the decision?
    Cannavaro: I can not give my opinion because if I do I will be in trouble. What is your opinion the opinion of everybody except the referee is that the referee has made a terrible decision but he made another error when he gave us a free kick when Ademola (Lookman) was played through on goal but didn’t even give their player a card I want the FA to explain this for me because I don’t know about this decision.

wOtRmto.png

Q: Fabio a very even game but your team come out on the wrong side of. What are your thoughts on the match?
    Cannavaro: I think it was very similar to the first game in the season where we dominated the first half and they grew into it in the second the same happened here we could have scored more even in the second half we could have got another goal but they took one more chance then us and they won. I think like you said it was even a draw would have been fair but they kept fighting as did we but they had the luck in the end.

Q: Carlo an even game and a massive win for your side to close the gap on the top four. How crucial could this win prove to be in your opinion?
    Ancelotti: This win could be crucial at the end of the season, these are season defining games because we have more confidence whereas their confidence will be down after we played so well and really kept Pavon quiet. He is their most vital player he scores and assists he is almost impossible to stop but today we did very well on shutting him down and it made things difficult for them you could see.

TDK0Axp.png
  • Stlducks
    1148 posts Professional
    The team is beating everyone they should beat or are level with. Losing to Juve is not surprising.

5th in the table is a great position at this point of the season.