Fabio Cannavaro: Arsenal Fan TV review season and New Signing

Comments

  • DB1512
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just read your story and I like the way you describe the path of Cannavaro. After winning prices in China a big achievement by keeping Parma in the top division. I think you made some quality signings and also those two mid seventy rated youngsters are quite an improvement compared to last year I guess. I wonder if you can remain your current ranking in the Serie A, qualifing for European football would be a huge performance.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    13 games in and still in the top 4, what a fantastic start. The losses to top teams were very close, it does not look like the team has been outplayed by much in any game.

    I like the trio promoted. They seem to have very good potential and will help with squad depth if given a chance.

    Yeah Cesarac and Colombo especially Gaj isn't someone who I would normally promote with potential 79-85 but his rating 67 is quite high for a youngster so he got the chance
    Colombo looks very promising, indeed. Wingers are not hard to get, but picking the right one might be a bit of a challenge. The worst is always to get their stamina-stats up, how is that with these three?

    Gaj (65), Cesarac (52) and Colombo (59) so not great but hopefully we can get these up
    subpop wrote: »
    After an irregular September, the team completed a great and perfect October. Then in this last month there were ups and downs again. In overall terms, fantastic season so far.

    I must say I am surprised of seeing the team so high in the league table at this point. Rogoni and, especially, Pavón have been incredible.

    Good to see youngsters making it into the first team.

    Pavon has been incredible and has won us games on his own. Rigoni has made a difference when coming on he has the experience we require with the youthfulness in the squad
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Just read your story and I like the way you describe the path of Cannavaro. After winning prices in China a big achievement by keeping Parma in the top division. I think you made some quality signings and also those two mid seventy rated youngsters are quite an improvement compared to last year I guess. I wonder if you can remain your current ranking in the Serie A, qualifing for European football would be a huge performance.

    It would be an exceptional achievement but it won't be easy. Marino and Colombo have been brilliant since joining the first team and Pavon on the wing is somebody we have to keep in January to have any chance of top four. I think the signing of Orsolini could prove crucial but I still expect the challenge of AS Roma to go until the final days if we can keep this form going
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero

    bY33bnd.png

    Q: Walter after equalising so late you must have thought you hd done enough to get a point how are you feeling?
    Mazzarri: I am obviously very disappointed because we switched off in the last seconds and we have lost because of it. Their best header of the ball arguably Bruno (Alves) was allowed a run to the ball and he has punished us for it. I think both goals we could have done better we gave the ball away stupidly for their first and then the keeper can maybe save but this is football we made two mistakes and lose because of this.

    Q: Fabio after conceding an equaliser so late how happy are you to come away with the win?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted of course because I think we deserved to win this game and we didn’t deserve to concede this equaliser in my opinion but this can happen in football. I thought when Tommaso came on he played some excellent passes and you can see why everybody at the club rates him but he is young and must be patient just like Simone (Marino) and Gio (Colombo) were and when he gets the chance he has to take it.


    kiEVJDn.png

    Q: Fabio another win for your side it has been a remarkable season just how important has Cristian Pavon been to the team and are you confident you can keep him at the club in January?
    Cannavaro: Cristian (Pavon) is world class I don’t think anybody doubts that but he is still young and he is still learning. I think he is very happy here at Parma the fans idolise him he is scoring goals assisting goals, as a person he is our penalty taker but when we get the penalty because Alberto (Cerri) he has been playing well but not scored for a few games he gives him the ball to help his confidence and then he scores two goals to help us win. I have no intention of selling him and I don’t think it will cause a problem if there’s a bid because he is happy at Parma.

    Q: Davide a tough loss what were your thoughts on the game?
    Nicola: I think we made thinks difficult for ourselves very early conceding the penalty but we fought our way back into the game and then four minutes into the second half a simple ball over the top and the top scorer in Serie A is in on goal how can we leave space in behind knowing how dangerous he is and then the third we aren’t tight to him and he fires in another goal but we knew Pavon’s talent before the game he is difficult to stop but we could have defended his goals better.

    Jkm6xX1.png

    Udinese (4-3-3): Musso, Stryger Larsen, Samir, Nuytinck, Adnan, Barak (Fofana, 57), Badu, Mandragora, Pussetto (Ewandro, 63), Teodorczyk (Vizeu, 78), Machis

    Parma (4-3-3): Sheng, Gazzola, Colombo, Alves, Murru, Stulac (Ceravolo, 63), Rigoni (Iacoponi, 78), Marino, Galano, Matri, Lookman (Pavon, 60)

    Q: Fabio disappointing to exit the cup. What are your thoughts on the game?
    Cannavaro: We are sad because we wanted to have a nice cup run but I don’t think we deserved to win. I think you have to take the positives from the game Liu (Sheng) played very well on his first start and made some great saves. Now we focus on the league I think the conditions today with that snow it shouldn’t have been played it is a miracle nobody was injured and we are happy to have a fully fit squad.


    nMV3Hsg.png

    Q: Fabio a tough game but you managed to collect another three points what did you make of that game?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted with the win. It was like you say a tough game Chievo came here to try and win the match and in the first half if it wasn’t for Alessio (Cragno) they could have scored one or two more goals his save from Birsa’s header is one of the greatest saves he will ever make it was outstanding. The second half we were more in control and deserved to collect the three points with Cristian’s insane goal from an incredibly tight angle.

    Q: Domenico a tough loss to take in a very even game what did you make of the match?

    Di Carlo: I am disappointed not with our performance but to lose a game we deserved to win. The first half if we had gone in three or four nil up they couldn’t have complained at it because we dominated, their keeper had the game of his life and that is why they picked up the result. The second half they obviously improved and Pavon scored for an incredible angle but it showed their luck the ball fell back to him after he hit post.

    6SuiJx1.png
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    The impressive run of results continue. It's amazing to see how a team that struggled so much last season improved in way that allows them to be in the top-3 when almost half leagues has been played.

    The defeat against Udinese in the Coppa can only be seen as an accident. So what do you think are the reasons of such a great change?
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    The impressive run of results continue. It's amazing to see how a team that struggled so much last season improved in way that allows them to be in the top-3 when almost half leagues has been played.

    The defeat against Udinese in the Coppa can only be seen as an accident. So what do you think are the reasons of such a great change?

    I think there are a number of reasons for the form I think last season the keeper was an issue now I have faith in Cragno to make saves, we have Marcos in front of the defence and he has been exceptional both at winning the ball and helping to keep the ball, Cristian Pavon has been so exceptional but I also think although he doesn't score many that Cerri has had a massive impact upfront all the signings have played their part I think but Cragno and Llorente are the main ones then Cerri
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    rd9I0HB.png
  • Loved those goals by Pavon. Looks like things are going fairly well for Cannavaro.

    If he does well in the next season and gets a chance to move, it might as well be out of Serie A to a bigger club.
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    When agents say no, it means yes... and he even highlights 3 different clubs. Perhaps it is too soon for him to think in some clubs. In Real Madrid he won 2 Ligas, but he is hardly a legend or an important player in history. Manchester United? On paper, I don't see it... but as desperate as they are, who knows. Juventus may be the most realistic option. We will see...
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Loved those goals by Pavon. Looks like things are going fairly well for Cannavaro.

    If he does well in the next season and gets a chance to move, it might as well be out of Serie A to a bigger club.

    It is difficult to say where he will go next because there is the option of Juventus who have hired people from smaller clubs in the past (Conte joined from Siena) And Madrid gave Zidane the job with virtually no experience as he was a legend of the club and Cannavaro is although maybe not as much of a legend was still named in there best ever foreign eleven and the fact he has title in China may also help if he was to go there. United is probably the most unlikely although they may want somebody young with new ideas after the disappointment post Fergie
    subpop wrote: »
    When agents say no, it means yes... and he even highlights 3 different clubs. Perhaps it is too soon for him to think in some clubs. In Real Madrid he won 2 Ligas, but he is hardly a legend or an important player in history. Manchester United? On paper, I don't see it... but as desperate as they are, who knows. Juventus may be the most realistic option. We will see...

    I feel Cannavaro is happy at Parma and being honest the difference in quality with Napoli isn't that high since they sold a number of their key players so I do feel Fabio will stay at least until the end of the season
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    ywEHMvm.png


    TsN08cE.png

    Q: Massimo a fantastic win against a team in good form, what did you make of your sides performance today?
    Allegri: Like you said Parma have been in fantastic form and are in the top four because they deserve to be there but I felt we were the much better team. We kept the ball brilliantly and in the final third we created a lot of chances on another day we may have scored a couple more because Alessio (Cragno) made some fantastic saves. We kept them quiet they didn’t create many chances I think this was a perfect performance from us and we still believe we can win the title.

    Q: Fabio a tough loss, what were your opinions on todays game?
    Cannavaro: Juventus outplayed us. We weren’t at our best but you have to give them credit they are the best team we have played this season and they forced us into making mistakes. The second half was really frustrating because he game was over within ten minutes of the break, we gave the ball away stupidly at the start of the half and they scored. I think Juventus showed their experience in key parts of the game especially at the start of the second half.

    IfJIhBU.png


    tf4bmUR.png

    Q: Fabio back to winning ways in a difficult game, what did you make of that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am happy with the way we reacted to the loss against Juventus, I think Benevento made things very difficult for us they scored a wonder goal when we were in control and that gave them a lift but we deserved to win. It is strange for Cristian (Pavon) to score two headers because he normally scores with his feet but he can do everything he is such a talent, he is the best player I have ever managed and I am delighted because he has the most goals and the most assists in the league he has been exceptional.

    Q: Cristian not the result you wanted but was that a much improved performance from your side today?
    Bucchi: I think we played very well today we scored a fantastic goal but we are disappointed because we conceded two headers by a player who is five foot five when our defenders are six foot plus. We can’t keep conceding goals if we are to remain in Serie A that’s the main issue not our play but the amount of goals we are letting in. Today without these tow headers from the smallest played on the pitch we win instead we leave with nothing again.


    pzjkL5k.png

    Q: Roberto a hard fought point what did you make of the game and the decision to award your side a penalty?
    Stellone: I thought that it was a penalty, their player caught Reyna in the box and Reyna went down. I thought they struggled to cope with Reyna today and he made a massive impact on the game scoring a fantastic goal and winning the penalty. I thought we deserved a point from the game, Parma are a tough team they have been in excellent form and are in the top four and they have arguably the best player certainly this season in Pavon but we coped with them very well.

    Q: Fabio a controversial penalty, what were your views on the decision?
    Cannavaro: I can not give my opinion because if I do I will be in trouble. What is your opinion the opinion of everybody except the referee is that the referee has made a terrible decision but he made another error when he gave us a free kick when Ademola (Lookman) was played through on goal but didn’t even give their player a card I want the FA to explain this for me because I don’t know about this decision.


    wOtRmto.png

    Q: Fabio a very even game but your team come out on the wrong side of. What are your thoughts on the match?
    Cannavaro: I think it was very similar to the first game in the season where we dominated the first half and they grew into it in the second the same happened here we could have scored more even in the second half we could have got another goal but they took one more chance then us and they won. I think like you said it was even a draw would have been fair but they kept fighting as did we but they had the luck in the end.

    Q: Carlo an even game and a massive win for your side to close the gap on the top four. How crucial could this win prove to be in your opinion?
    Ancelotti: This win could be crucial at the end of the season, these are season defining games because we have more confidence whereas their confidence will be down after we played so well and really kept Pavon quiet. He is their most vital player he scores and assists he is almost impossible to stop but today we did very well on shutting him down and it made things difficult for them you could see.

    TDK0Axp.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    The team is beating everyone they should beat or are level with. Losing to Juve is not surprising.

    5th in the table is a great position at this point of the season.
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    As @Stlducks said, losing against Juve or Napoli was to expect. In fact, Parma deservedly are over my expectations at this point of the season. From a relegation team to one that is near the top teams of Italy.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    The team is beating everyone they should beat or are level with. Losing to Juve is not surprising.

    5th in the table is a great position at this point of the season.

    The team have overachieved this season and fifth is exceptional at this stage
    subpop wrote: »
    As @Stlducks said, losing against Juve or Napoli was to expect. In fact, Parma deservedly are over my expectations at this point of the season. From a relegation team to one that is near the top teams of Italy.

    Juventus outclassed us we never got near them and deserved to lose Napoli we could have won lost or drew it was one of them games. Disappointing result vs Palermo with a very harsh penalty costing us
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    4tiwvQb.jpg

    Manchester City midfielder Douglas Luiz has completed a loan move to Parma for the remainder of the season after again failing to gain a work permit in England. The midfielder is very highly rated by the Champions but has so far forced to be loaned out as he has been unable to gain a work permit Manchester City are confident the issue could be resolved in the summer but manager Pep Guardiola said he is happy he is signing for a club fighting for Champions League football

    Pep Guardiola said “I am so happy that Douglas is going to a club that is playing football very well and is playing attacking football. I have watched Parma on a number of occasions this season and they have been very impressive in the way they play as a team and I am happy to give Douglas this experience playing with a top team. I do not know why he can’t get a permit this isn’t something we can control but we have faith in him and I think after this loan spell he will come back and fight to play in the first team.

    Fabio has this to say on the player “We are delighted to be welcoming Douglas to the club for the remainder of the season, he is a fantastic player and to have the opportunity to have a player of his quality join the team we are delighted to welcome him to the club. Douglas is a player who could be fighting for a place in the City team if it wasn’t for the issue he is having with the work permit so we are happy to have agreed the deal and look forward to welcoming into our club.”

    In more news Championship side Swansea City have signed Parma midfielder Tommaso Colombo on loan until the end of the season to help push their promotion bid.

    Whilst Chelsea right back Alec Georgen has signed on loan for the rest of the season

    jckMuU7.png

    TOP TRANSFERS

    tjup0t5.png

    The transfer window has closed and the race for the top four in Serie A looks destined to heat up. Inter Milan added Chelsea winger Willian and Real Madrid stopper Keylor Navas to their ranks as they attempt to close the gap on AS Roma who added Barcelona legend Gerard Pique to their ranks. Napoli added Ivory Coast international Wilfried Zaha and RB Leipzig midfielder Marcel Sabitzer to there team whilst Parma were only able to seal loan deals as they signed Douglas Luiz and Alec Georgen from Manchester City and Chelsea until the end of the season
  • DB1512
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 19
    Your rivals emerge stronger after the january window compared to your Parma. It won't be easy to qualify for European football but hopefully you will be able to finish top six. As usual in Fifa some very strange transfers like Marcelo to Arsenal, Pique to Roma and Maguire to Valencia.... I wonder if these kind of transfers can be ruled out of career mode one day.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Your rivals emerge stronger after the january window compared to your Parma. It won't be easy to qualify for European football but hopefully you will be able to finish top six. As usual in Fifa some very strange transfers like Marcelo to Arsenal, Pique to Roma and Maguire to Valencia.... I wonder if these kind of transfers can be ruled out of career mode one day.

    Our rivals have splashed the cash to try and push us out of the race for European football I am happy we have managed to bring in Luiz and Georgen but also we have managed to loan out our young players
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Inter reinforce the team with veterans as Parma, but Napoli made an interesting move with Zaha.

    In real life, Douglas Luiz doesn't seem to be a very interesting player, but perhaps Cannavaro can take the best of him.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero

    N8h2IAS.png

    Q: Gennaro a tough game do you think the red card changed the match?
    Gattuso: No I don’t think this changed it to much, I thought that Parma played very well in the first half but we defended extraordinary well like we have all season and we started to take control as the game went on. Sus was in on goal so they tripped him if they were in control this situation wouldn’t have happened we were taking over the game and I think we managed it very well even when Parma had more of the ball we controlled where they shot from by defending well.

    Q: Fabio a disappointing defeat what did you make of the game?
    Cannavaro: I thought that we dominated the game until the sending off. We created some half chances but when we went down to ten men things were difficult and when you play a team like Milan it is difficult to win these games with eleven men so when you have ten it is hard but I think Gazzola had a tough decision to make because Suso is in but obviously it cost us but I don’t blame him because Suso is a good player who can score this chance nine times out of ten.


    MVe5goe.png

    Q: Fabio a very tough game but your team managed to get the win. You gave a first start to Douglas Luiz and Alec Georgen what did you make of their performances?
    Cannavaro: I thought both of them played superb. Douglas got himself the goal that earnt us a very hard fought win and Alec did everything we asked of him both defensively and offensively so I think they should both be very happy with their debuts. You can see why they are at the clubs they are at and I think this was a crucial game in out season given the tough run of games we’ve had and got coming up. I thought Alessio (Cragno) was immense that save in the first half where he pushed the ball onto the bar and then to make that great save from the corner he proved his worth again today.

    Cesare: A very harsh result on your side given the balance of play. Do you think your side deserved something from he game?
    Prandelli: I can’t really believe we have lost. I don’t think a team has been that dominant against Parma this season in my opinion, Alessio (Cragno) has made some world class saves but I think also we have chances where we should do better and score but he had an incredible game normally we score two or three goals and we win but their keeper played a good game and they created one chance and they scored it is unfair but this is football.


    SL9qvbk.png

    Q: Simone incredible fighting spirit shown by your team, how crucial could that point prove to be at the end of the season?
    Inzaghi: The character shown here today was exceptional because in the first half Parma were incredible we weren’t close to them and looked lethargic at times but we can’t take credit from Parma it was a superb showing the first half and it could have been game over a half time then the second half they get lucky with the own goal, but we didn’t give up we kept believing the first goal people say we had some luck but for me it was handball by Giovanni (Colombo) but it fell to Marega and he showed his quality with the finish and Marega showed his footwork for our second.

    Q: Fabio 2-0 up, you seemed in total control what went wrong?
    Cannavaro: The first half I thought was the best we have played we hit the post twice and scored a fantastic goal. The second half we scored very early in the half and still controlled the game but then they had the luck when the ball bounced to Marega who is a fantastic striker and his finish was superb then they took control the were confident but their second goal I think we should have defended better against but there isn’t anything we can do about that now.


    PRiGyML.png

    Q: Fabio quite an incredible game. Pavon scoring four goals there’s obviously going to be interest in him in the summer given the season he is having how confident are you that Parma can keep hold of him?
    Cannavaro: I can not say for sure that he will stay in the summer because he has shown he is a world class player this season. He has already nineteen goals and I think in the remaining games he will score a lot more, but he is happy here and if we can qualify for Europe we are hopeful that he will be tempted to stay but if he wants to move to one of the giants of Champions League football we won’t stop him.

    Q: Leonardo a tough day at the office, how disappointing was that result for your team today?
    Semplici: I think when you look at the game there is one player who has made the difference today. Cristian Pavon has been the best player in Serie A this season and today he was unplayable and because of that Parma have won the game. I thought we started really well and obviously we took a deserved lead but then Pavon took control of the game and made us pay for any small mistake we made.


    BgLDxFl.png

    Q: Roberto a massive win over another team that are competing for European football how important was this victory today?
    De Zerbi: It was crucial because if we had lost then the gap to European football would have grew instead we have closed the gap and shown that we can compete with Parma. This is the second time this season we have beaten them and both times we have deserved the win in my opinion. Today I feel they were happy with the draw and we wanted to win more then them which is why we managed to keep fighting and eventually find the winning goal

    Q: Fabio a disappointing result for your team what did you make of the game?
    Cannavaro: It is a difficult loss to take because I don’t think we deserved to lose and we have lost because we switched off after defending well for so long in the game. I don’t think it was our best performance it was a game where neither team played well but they had the stroke of luck and they scored the decisive goal. We still hope we can qualify for Europe this season our form recently has been a little inconsistent but we still believe we can find some form and string a good run of games together


    0dl6Jx0.png

    Q: Fabio a fantastic match and a win for your side. You have the best home record in the league what do you put that down to?
    Cannavaro: I think it’s a number of things, we have our fans here who have been sensational ever since I arrived back here. I think at home it is easier then playing away because we are used to this pitch, the length of the grass, the width of the pitch everything we are used to playing here so it is fantastic that our form has been so good at home. This was a crucial game for us because Torino is a rival for European football and we managed to pick up the three points.

    Q: Walter it was a great game for the neutral how disappointing is it to be on the losing side in a game like that game today?
    Mazzarri: It is devastating, we didn’t deserve to lose the game we deserved to win but obviously we can only blame ourselves because we were not as efficient with our chances as Parma were. We still believe we can qualify for Europe just like we did last season but we must bounce back from this defeat I think Parma have shown how inconsistent they are in recent weeks and will fall again soon.

    vmLfWi4.png
  • Ashy
    8297 posts League Winner
    Great to see you settle at Parma, survival was important in the first season and now you push on to challenge for the European spots, what a turnaround. I like some of the signings you have made especially Pavon and Lookman on loan. Cannavaro is doing a great job here, but I do wonder if a bigger one is on the horizon, could a under performing Roma or Napoli come in for the Italian
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    The up and downs continue. Sadly, Parma lost points in games which seemed under control as the one against Lazio (they are the leaders after all). Losing against Milan or Sassuolo can hardly be seen as big errors. The Champions League spot isn't a dream. Let's hope the team can find the results in future weeks.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    Great to see you settle at Parma, survival was important in the first season and now you push on to challenge for the European spots, what a turnaround. I like some of the signings you have made especially Pavon and Lookman on loan. Cannavaro is doing a great job here, but I do wonder if a bigger one is on the horizon, could a under performing Roma or Napoli come in for the Italian

    Napoli did get linked but I have actually been offered a job by an unnamed club that I will be doing an update on it was quite a shock to have this team offer him the job
    subpop wrote: »
    The up and downs continue. Sadly, Parma lost points in games which seemed under control as the one against Lazio (they are the leaders after all). Losing against Milan or Sassuolo can hardly be seen as big errors. The Champions League spot isn't a dream. Let's hope the team can find the results in future weeks.

    The Champions League isn't out of question especially considering a majority of the games against the top teams have now gone but we aren't thinking about it because when you look at form Juventus and Inter Milan have done superb to get back into the Champions League spots especially Inter so top four is unlikely but possible
  • DB1512
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A European ticket would already be an impressive achievement made by Cannavaro. I wonder which club made you an offer, maybe Fabio's former club Real Madrid?
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    DB1512 wrote: »
    A European ticket would already be an impressive achievement made by Cannavaro. I wonder which club made you an offer, maybe Fabio's former club Real Madrid?

    You were right :lol:
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    SY2ZScO.png
  • Danimal5981
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, a remarkable decision, but then Real Madrid is known for weird decisions in terms of managers. It's a great chance for Fabio for sure, but I'm not sure if someone with credentials at a Chinese top club and a revived Italian side, is the man for new Galactic success.
  • subpop
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    I am with @Danimal5981 here. I am not sure that Cannavaro still has the experience nor the titles to sign for Real Madrid... and he's not a legend of the club either in the heart of their fans. However, I don't know in which situation Real Madrid is and maybe as an emergency solution... I think the Juve rumour is more realisitic.
  • DB1512
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If Cannavaro finishes above Juventus and blocks the path to CL football for the Old Lady I wouldn't be suprised if they knock on Fabio's door. On the otherside, another season at Parma gives Fabio the chance to show this season with Parma isn't an coincidence.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well, a remarkable decision, but then Real Madrid is known for weird decisions in terms of managers. It's a great chance for Fabio for sure, but I'm not sure if someone with credentials at a Chinese top club and a revived Italian side, is the man for new Galactic success.

    I was surprised to see the job offer as well if I'm being honest but don't know what Fabio could prove going to Madrid as they have won virtually everything in recent years and have the best team on the game
    subpop wrote: »
    I am with @Danimal5981 here. I am not sure that Cannavaro still has the experience nor the titles to sign for Real Madrid... and he's not a legend of the club either in the heart of their fans. However, I don't know in which situation Real Madrid is and maybe as an emergency solution... I think the Juve rumour is more realisitic.

    Juve are a team that would offer him a challenge as this season proves there are different teams who can challenge for the title with Lazio looking like favourites and Juve not really in the race
    DB1512 wrote: »
    If Cannavaro finishes above Juventus and blocks the path to CL football for the Old Lady I wouldn't be suprised if they knock on Fabio's door. On the otherside, another season at Parma gives Fabio the chance to show this season with Parma isn't an coincidence.

    Would be an interesting situation and a difficult decision for Fabio to make
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Great choice to reject the offer and stay with what is being built. Hold out and wait for Juve if that is the dream job.
  • JoshDFC
    1886 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Great choice to reject the offer and stay with what is being built. Hold out and wait for Juve if that is the dream job.

    I feel Juve is more realistic and will also be better for Fabio's legacy as with Real they have won everything in recent years whilst Juve haven't really put up a fight for the title this season and haven't won the Champions League since since 1996
Sign In or Register to comment.