Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Fabio Cannavaro: February Results

Comments

• JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    mW5E6VU.jpg

Parma Calcio are delighted to announce the signing of Goalkeeper Alessio Cragno from Cagliari for €9,000,000. The twenty five year old has put pen to paper on a four year deal worth €15,000 P/W, Alessio was part of the Cagliari team relegated from Serie A last season but was seen as a strong performer and is now keen to help Parma push on from the battles of relegation they had last season.

Parma are also delighted to confirm the arrival of Nicola Murru from Sampdoria on a three year deal worth €11,500 for €5,000,000. Murru also had the opportunity to sign for Stoke this summer showing the quality he possesses. Fabio Cannavaro had this to say on both the deals

Cannavaro: I am delighted to be able to welcome Alessio and Nicola to the club. After watching both players closely last season we made the decision to make a move for them both and are delighted we have managed to get both the deals wrapped up in time for them to join us for pre season. Alessio is a fantastic goalkeeper who still has the potential to grow as a player, he is fantastic at saving the ball using his feet and has excellent reflexes. Nicola is a complete left back he can go forward and put in excellent crosses but he is also excellent at defending which is rare to find a full back who can do both these days. I am still hopeful we can add a striker we were close to getting Roberto back but his wage demands were to much which is a shame.

Fabio also commented on the arrival of midfielder Ravel Morrison on a free transfer “We are delighted Ravel is joining the team, he has taken a lot of negative comments and knock downs over the last few years but he is still young and hopefully he will show for us what he is capable of. I feel a player who comes through at the same time as Paul Pogba and is regarded just as highly as him has some ability and we have to get that form him.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2018
    k4WRr7t.png

Parma Calcio are delighted to confirm the signing of Ademola Lookman from Everton on a one season loan. The twenty two year old has had a spell with RB Leipzig in 2018 where he helped the German side qualify for the Champions League scoring five goals in eleven games. The Englishman will be joining up with the team as they travel to Spain to take part in the international tournament. . Parma have been drawn in a group with recently relegated Cagliari, Dutch side FC Utrecht and Segunda side UD Las Palmas. In the other group is La Liga side Real Oviedo, Segunda division side RC Deportivo, Bundesliga 2 team FSV Mainz and Portuguese side Vitoria Setubal.

In more news fan favourite winger Gervinho has joined English Premier League side Fulham for £11,000,000. The Ivory Coast international enjoyed a very strong second half to las season but he refused to take a paycut at the end of the season and Fabio Cannavaro made the decision to accept Fulham’s bid for him.

Fabio had this to say on the transfers: I thank Gervinho for the hard work he put in last season but we couldn’t agree terms on a new deal and the cost of his wages was to extortionate for us to maintain. I wish him the best because he helped us stay up he played a big part, but we could have brought Inglese back for his wage who scored a ridiculous amount of goals but we couldn’t it isn’t financially suitable for us. I am delighted we have managed to secure Lookman, he made a huge impact at RB Leipzig and has struggled for the same chances with Everton. I hope he can make a massive impact and look forward to seeing him play.

The club have also promoted youngster Liu Sheng (17 year old Chinese goalkeeper), Michele Bruno (17 year old Italian goalkeeper) and Michele Marino (17 year old Italian midfielder) to the first team all three players will join the club on their trip to Spain.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    n9YYlU8.png

Parma (4-3-3): Cragno, Gazzola, Colombo, Alves, Murru, Dezi, Rigoni, Morrison, Galano, Ceravolo, Lookman
    Las Palmas (4-2-3-1): Martinez, Parras, Mantovani, Deivid, Castellano, Timor, Rivera, Traore Diarra, Mesa, Fidel, Espiau

FC Utrecht (4-2-3-1): Paes, Klaiber, Dumic, Janssen, Van der Maarel, Velanas, Strieder, Gavory, van Overeem, Bahebeck, Gortler
    Parma (4-3-3): Cragno, Colombo, Alves, Ogbonna, Murru, Dezi, Rigoni, Marino, Galano, Ceravolo, Lookman

Parma (4-3-3): Cragno, Gazzola, Colombo, Ogbonna, Murru, Morrison, Rigoni, Marino, Galano, Ceravolo, Lookman

Cagliari (4-3-1-2): Aresti, Dessena, Klavan, Pisacane, Lykogiannis, Ionita, Di Francesco, Barella, Joao Pedro, Ferreira, Capello
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    The so needed revolution has started. Unlike it happened last winter in which Cannavaro made a bet for an important name, now we see the design of a squad, reinforcing several positions with players that have a good future.

The preseason showed that the team is hard to beat, wihch is good news. I am willing to see what Cannavaro can do with this new players.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Lookman is a great addition and showed offer another type of attacking option.

Good results so far, getting off to a good start and proving you are no longer a relegation scrapper will be big in the players and fans growing confidence.
  • Some great signings made by Fabio so far.

It seems like Morrison and Lookman bossed pre-season.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some great signings made by Fabio so far.

It seems like Morrison and Lookman bossed pre-season.

They really have started brightly hopefully they can keep it going
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    FOMUiQE.jpg

Parma Calcio FC are delighted to confirm the signings of strikers Alessandro Matri and Alberto Cerri from Sassuolo and Juventus respectively. Alessandro joins for €840,000 on a two year deal worth €24,500 P/W whilst Alberto has signed a five year deal worth €40,000 P/W for a fee of €7,500,000. Alberto who spent last season on loan with Cagliari is still recovering from the broken tibia he suffered last season but is confident he will be fit for our season opener against Sassuolo. Alessandro Matri joins after being placed on the transfer list by Sassuolo after falling out of favour says he is determined to show he still has a lot to offer.

Alberto Cerri said this “I am happy to be returning to Parma, this is the place where I made my debut, the place I was born and I’m glad to be coming home. I saw the impact Fabio made last season, the style of play he adopted and it excites me to play for him. The fact the team still signed me even though I’m recovering from a serious injury gives me confidence because it shows the manager believes in me.”

Alessandro Matri had this to say on the move “I am happy to be signing for Parma, when Sassuolo told me they no longer wanted me I was surprised but I don’t doubt myself I still believe I can have a massive impact. I’m excited for this season to prove my doubters wrong and help Fabio and Parma to reach the goals that the club have set themselves for the coming campaign. I see the youth around the club and see a bright future I hope to help these players develop.”
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Good business to strengthen the squad with cheaper options and ones that have experience in the league. Do you know who the starting XI will be?
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Good business to strengthen the squad with cheaper options and ones that have experience in the league. Do you know who the starting XI will be?

I have an idea of who it will be although some players do have a chance of snatching a starting place
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    EhVGUmT.png

Vitoria Setubal (4-3-3): Cristiano, Mano, Dankler, Artur Jorge, Pinto, Pedrosa, Semedo, Valente, Zequinha, Erasmus, Mendy
    Parma (4-3-3 Attack): Sheng, Colombo, Iacoponi, Alves, Gagliolo, Dezi, Stulac, Marino, Galano, Matri, Baraye

Parma (4-3-3 Attack): Cragno, Gazzola, Colombo, Ogbonna, Murru, Dezi, Morrison, Marino, Galano, Matri, Lookman
    Cagliari (4-3-1-2): Rafael, Dessena, Andreolli, Klavan, Lykogiannis, Ionita, Barella, Castro, Joao Pedro, Blandi, Pavoletti

After a successful pre season saw Parma win the European International Cup, we sat down with Fabio Cannavaro to get his feelings on the success of pre season and hopes for the new season.

Q: Fabio last season the team managed to survive in Serie A, now the summer has passed what are your thoughts on last season?
    Cannavaro: I think last season was a great success when I review it. We brought through two fantastic young players in Simone (Marino) and Giovanni (Colombo) who both made massive impacts and we played some brilliant football on our way to surviving. When you look at the impact that Cristian (Pavon) made we are excited to see him obviously he missed pre season due to internationals with Argentina but he will be back and I’m sure he will keep himself ready for the start of the season.

Q: What did you make of our pre season?
    Cannavaro: I think we performed ok, we weren’t at our best but that’s ok because it is only pre season and I’m not overly concerned. Some of the issues we have are the same as last season and we need to rectify them before the start of the new campaign. We obviously have the Coppa Italia tie which is a tough one against Sampdoria then we must focus on a strong start in the league

Q: What are your plans for the coming season?
    Cannavaro: I don’t want to be involved in a relegation battle ideally, we know with our resources it is what is expected but we feel we have enough quality to push into mid table and that is what we want. We are trying to create something special here but it will take time and that is why we must improve every season and try and make the most of our limited resources.
  • subpop
    Cerri may be a very useful player, young and not very experience. I guess he has potential to grow and will hopefully help the team. Matri is a veteran, but he may be useful in certain situations as he showed against Cagliari in the preseason tournament, closed with success.

After so many changes, willing to see how the team does when the real business starts.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    Cerri may be a very useful player, young and not very experience. I guess he has potential to grow and will hopefully help the team. Matri is a veteran, but he may be useful in certain situations as he showed against Cagliari in the preseason tournament, closed with success.

After so many changes, willing to see how the team does when the real business starts.

He has big shoes to fill taking Inglese's place who scored just under 20 goals last season
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    2ANmlAW.png

Parma Calcio are delighted to confirm the loan signing of Real Madrid midfielder Marcos Llorente for one season. The twenty four year old will replace Jacopo Dezi who recently had his release clause met and has moved to OGC Nice. Marcos who has found game time difficult to come by at Real Madrid with Casemiro playing defensive midfield had been linked with a big money move to Arsenal but Madrid only wanted him to leave on a temporary basis.

Marcos had this to say on the loan “I am happy to be signing for a season long loan with Parma. There was a lot of speculation about my future but I’m happy that it has been sorted and I can concentrate on this coming season with Parma. When you look at this squad it has a lot of quality and I feel that people really underestimate how strong this side is but we can talk if we want I think we should perform instead and prove them wrong.”

Another player leaving the club is left back Gagliolo who has also had his buy out clause met Japop Dezi and Luca Gagliolo will leave the club for £6,900,000 and £1,500,000 respectively we thank both players for their contributions and are sad to see them leave.

In more news young goalkeeper Riccardo Bruno has joined GD Chaves on a season long loan deal.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Congrats on winning the preseason cup. It is not a big cup but winning any trophy lifts moral and is fun. Cannavaro has a plan and objective in mind it seems, hopefully the team can reach midseason near midtable and not worry about relegation scraps.
  • subpop
    Very competent signing. A really good midfielder that definitely adds quality to the squad. Very good signing, even if it's on loan.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats on winning the preseason cup. It is not a big cup but winning any trophy lifts moral and is fun. Cannavaro has a plan and objective in mind it seems, hopefully the team can reach midseason near midtable and not worry about relegation scraps.

The spine of the team is excellent and is probably good enough for Europa League football but there are also weak spots in he team like the depth and some positions aren't as strong as some of the other teams
    Very competent signing. A really good midfielder that definitely adds quality to the squad. Very good signing, even if it's on loan.

LLorente is a massive coup didn't expect them to allow the loan when I approached them let alone paying a majority of his wages as well
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    PR8V37O.png

Parma (4-3-3): Cragno, Gazzola, Colombo, Ogbonna, Murru, Marino (Rigoni, 63), Llorente, Morrison (Cerri, 79), Galano, Matri (Pavon, 67), Lookman

Sampdoria (4-3-1-2): Rafael, Bereszynski, Alvarez, Colley, Regini, Ekdal (Praet, 45), Verre, Capezzi (Veira, 45), Ramirez, Quagliarella, Kownacki (Caprari, 55)

Q: Fabio a 4-0 win in the cup to start the season, what did you make of today’s performance?

Cannavaro: I thought it was a complete performance. I thought Marcos (Llorente) was spectacular on his debut and really protected the defence and we are happy to have him, then obviously theres Alessandro (Matri) who scored three goals and that was crucial overall a great day for us and we are happy to win this game and now we look to the league whilst waiting for the next round of the cup. I am happy to see Cerri get some minutes after his injury last season and can’t wait for him to cach up in fitness after his injury and obviously Cristian (Pavon) has returned from international duty and played some minutes also.

atTeBeD.png

Q: Fabio disappointing way to start the season, what did you make of todays match?
    Cannavaro: I thought the first half we played very well, we had most of the ball and created chances but then in the second half we allowed them back into the game and they punished us for it. It isn’t obviously the way we wanted to start the season but there are positives in there and obviously we will work on the things we need to work on. We have to concentrate on our next game now and try and start picking up some points

Q: Roberto a fantastic win to start the season what did you make of the game?
    De Zerbi: I thought we started a little slow in the first half but in the second half I feel we deserved to win the game. We knew it would be a difficult game because Parma have brought in some very good players but we are always confident in ourselves and today I think we showed our quality. We felt it was crucial we started the season brightly winning the opening game gives you so much confidence and we are ready to fight for a European place this season.

bfIr19W.png

Q: Leonardo did you deserve something from that match today?
    Semplici: I think we deserved to win the game on the balance of play. We created more chances their keeper made two maybe three world class saves but this is one of them games. I don’t think our keeper can do much about the goals they were more clinical then us but we did not deserve to lose, the way we have started this season I am confident we won’t be involved in a battle to stay up we have started brightly and should be on six points in my opinion.

Q: Fabio was that the perfect response to last weeks loss?
    Cannavaro: I think so yes, I think that we defended well and when Alessio (Cragno) was called upon he did everything perfect. We expected a tough game which is what we got because they obviously won their firs game away and we lost at home so they would have been confident but we new our quality and it was crucial we kept our intensity because last week we switched off and it cost us. I am happy with the performance of the whole team and I am delighted to keep our first league clean sheet since December.

IJ8XGUd.png

Q: Fabio back to back wins and back to back clean sheets how happy are you with todays performance?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted with our performance today because not many people saw this result coming. To win 1-0 against a team like Roma is outstanding and we deserve a lot of credit because we had to defend brilliantly and again Alessio has made a couple of really good saves. I don’t want us to get ahead of ourselves with the start we have made but this shows our quality and I think it gives us confidence because now we are not only scoring but we are keeping clean sheets.

Q: Eusebio a very disappointing result, what went wrong?
    Di Francesco: I think we have to give credit to Parma, they defended very well and made things difficult for us. The first half I think we were to patient we just kept the ball and never threatened the goal of Parma, in the second half their keeper has made an outstanding save when the ball looked destined for the top corner but it is down to us we played to much possession based football and weren’t decisive in the final third.

BTzZgD7.png
  • subpop
    UOZ8JHE.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    What a win over Roma. It is early but the signs are showing this could be a very good season for Parma with these results.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    UOZ8JHE.png

Thanks for this update :) nice to have you join in the story
    What a win over Roma. It is early but the signs are showing this could be a very good season for Parma with these results.

Great start to the season hopefully we can keep this going
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    WqBIutz.png

0zGIIQ5.png

K8v6Ewn.png
  • subpop
    Did we really spend 90 M on Milinkovic-Savic?!

Anyway... Cannavaro definitely have a challenge with this squad. Considering the early performances, the manager is doing a great job with these players. The starting XI can be pretty decent, but the 2nd tier may be a problem in case of injuries. We'll see...
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pavon is a nice attacker. Apart from a winger, try him as false 9 or a deep going striker.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pavon is a nice attacker. Apart from a winger, try him as false 9 or a deep going striker.

He has played there a few times before but I feel hes at his best when running at players one on one but the option is still there as he can get in behind.

Will be doing an update capturing three monehtes of results a transfer to happen and the league tomorrow after an absence due to the new year
  • Not a bad start to the season.

I really like Pavón in this game. But lots of lower rated players in the squad, hope they can step up when needed. Really don't know much about Serie A, looking forward to more.

Also, Lacazette to RBL and Carvajal to Spurs? lol
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    September
    br4pfKk.png

Q: Filippo your team are now top of the table after this win, what did you make of todays game?
    Inzaghi: I thought we played fantastic, we pressed them high and forced them to make mistakes because we knew that they would try and play out this game. They play good football and it is important to close them down because when they have time they are dangerous I think this is a very good result because Parma have looked good this season and I’m sure they will surprise some teams with their play.

Q: Fabio a disappointing defeat just as you seemed to be finding form, what are your opinions on todays game?
    Cannavaro: I don’t feel we played to our best ability today. I think we were to sloppy in midfield we kept giving the ball away unnecessarily and we were making mistakes that we haven’t made so far this season. I think there first goal was a great finish but the play before we gave the ball away and they punished it which is what the top players do and Gignac is a player who is extraordinary when it comes to scoring goals so we can’t present him with these chances.

X1zr1di.png

Q: Fabio an outstanding performance from your team, how happy are you with that performance?
    Cannavaro: I think it was the best performance I have seen from any team I have managed, they should all be so proud of themselves. AC Milan have been in great form and to perform like this against them I think this is the perfect performance I am so happy tonight. I’m happy for Ademola (Lookman) and Alberto (Cerri) to get their first goals in a big game and obviously Cristian (Pavon) with his brace he showed today he is world class.

Q: Gennaro a bad day at the office, what went wrong?
    Gattuso: Everything, this is an embarrassing display by those players. Our fans travelled in there numbers to support us and we turn up and play like that, I apoligise because our fans deserve more then that there are no positive things to say about that performance. We didn’t create enough chances we lost every fifty fifty they wanted every ball more then us and as an AC Milan player you should be leaving everything out there on the field I don’t think anybody did that today. It was shambolic.

9eTt5M6.png

Q: Carlo a difficult game but you managed to collect the three points, what did you make of the game?
    Ancelotti: We knew it would be a difficult game, we saw their game with AC Milan last week and they were very impressive in that game. I think they should have been down to ten just before half time for Pavon’s foul on Jose (Callejon) but for some reason the referee chose only to book him and that is his choice but I am happy with our performance and the determination we showed to collect the three points.

Q: Fabio an even game but your side came up just a little short, what are your thoughts on the game?
    Cannavaro: It was a really tough game against a world class opponent, an opponent who plays in Europe every season and I thought we more then matched them. I think Luigi (Sepe) made some great saves, he is a great keeper we saw that last season and this season he looks stronger for them so well done to him but we will look at this game find out where to improve and move forward from there.

Transfer News
    th8cDFV.png

Parma Calcio are delighted to confirm we have reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of winger Riccardo Orsolini. The twenty two year old will join the team in January when the transfer window reopens for a fee of €6,500,000 on a four year deal worth €40,000 P/W. The winger spent last season on loan with Bologna but has found his chances with Juventus limited this season making just two appearances both from the substitutes bench.

Fabio Cannavaro said this on the transfer: We are delighted to have been able to conclude this transfer, Riccardo is an exceptional player who we are excited is joining the team. When we heard of his availability we made it our priority to secure his signature and we are ecstatic he accepted our offer and will be joining our team. Now he has to work hard for Juventus because January is three months away and he has to ensure that he is fit and ready to play because we feel he will be a crucial player.

In more news winger Cristian Galano will join Real Sociedad on 1st January after the club accepted a fee worth €4,000,000 for the twenty eight year old.

Finally the club can confirm three more signings with young Serbian prospects Mika Gaj (17years old), Milad Cesarac (17 Years old) and Dragen Dragic (15 Years old) joining the clubs youth academy for an undisclosed fee from Serbian side Partizan Belgrade. All three players are forwards with Mika Gas a left winger, Milad Cesarac is a centre forward and Dragen Dragic is a right winger. Dragen Dragic is said to be the highest rated player out of the trio.

October
    kk20rW8.png

Q: Fabio back to winning ways how happy are you with that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted with our performance, we started very slowly but the reaction their goal was perfect. I feel this season we are harder to break down and Cragno has made some brilliant saves, I am happy with the way the team is performing but it is still early days and there is a long way to go but we are on the right track and today we showed character and determination which is nice to see. Cristian Galano is set to leave in January he has agreed to move but today he came off the bench and gave us the lead, I trust him to give his all until the transfer window opens.

Q: Marco a disappointing defeat it has been a difficult start for your side, what did you make of todays game?
    Baroni: I thought it was a close game that could have gone either way but they obviously nicked the goal and straight after scored again which meant it was impossible to come back. I think we are a little deflated at the moment but we know how good we are we just have to believe in ourselves otherwise we aren’t going to be able to push away from the relegation zone. We have so much quality in this team I think we have had luck go against us like with there third the keeper makes a fantastic save but it falls to them.

fIGMl5u.png

Q: Stefano after being 2-0 up how frustrating is it to lose 3-2?
    Pioli: Frustrating you ask? No embarrassing collapse is what I think. We were controlling the game so well and you could see they didn’t really believe in the comeback they weren’t causing us any problems and then suddenly we switch off and they score one then the second goal I think is a great ball, a great run but we have to close Lookman down it was to easy after a poor pass to him and the third we have to foul Lookman on the halfway line and then we have a point instead he runs through and sets up the goal.

Q: Fabio 2-0 down you brought on Lookman and Rigoni which turned out to be a tactical masterclass what did you make of that game?
    Cannavaro: I think that the players deserve the credit for this win, again we started slowly and we are 2-0 down after just twenty minutes but the team showed character and could have scored in the first half but then the second half we managed to score twice in quick succession and on there corner in the ninety third minute we are already thinking about can we get the ball and counter and we did that to win the game. Ademola (Lookman) today he was outstanding and to come off the bench and score with your first touch in a difficult situation then to assist two more goals he was spectacular.

XXaRWCU.png

Q: Fabio another fantastic victory and that is the first time you have won three games in a row as Parma manager how happy are you with the way the team is performing?
    Cannavaro: I am ecstatic with the way the team are playing, I think that today Alessio was outstanding the saves he made you expect one or two maybe he can’t save be he got his hand to them and for me he earnt these three points when our backs where against the wall. The team is outstanding we know it is early days but we believe we can qualify for the Europa League this season we have some exceptional talents and we have Orsolini joining in January I’m excited about our future.

Q: Luciano another loss, what do you put this poor start to the season down to?
    Spalletti: I think we are still early in the season there is plenty of time to turn things around. Today their keeper has made three exceptional saves that normally you score so on another day we beat Parma comfortably but there a team who has a lot of luck. That’s the difference I think, I don’t think Parma have played that well they have just had a lot of luck go their way at the right time I am still confident that we can turn this around and move back in the right direction

November
    BYs5E5s.png

Q: Gian Piero a disappointing defeat, what where your thoughts on the game?
    Gasperoni: I think we were the better team for large periods of this game but we struggled to break them down. I feel in patches we weren’t direct enough and we allowed them time to get back and defend and when you allow a team the opportunity to get behind the ball you lose one or two big chances in a game and they could have made a difference especially early in the game.

Q: Fabio another win the team has made a fantastic start to the season. What is the aim for this season can you qualify for the Champions League?
    Cannavaro: I think in football anything can happen. It will be difficult because there are a lot of tough teams but if we keep playing the way we are it is possible but that is a dream for the fans for me we are aiming to try and finish as high as possible and if we can qualify for the Europa League I will be happy. This time last season Parma were bottom now we are in the top four it is quite a turn around but I think it is still early.

pYV99Sn.png

Q: Fabio a fantastic game. Do you feel it was a game of two halves?
    Cannavaro: Yeah you probably could say that. In the first half maybe we could have scored one or two goals and then obviously in the second half they probably dominated a little bit more and scored two goals but we showed character to score a goal and then in the last minutes we hit the post and they win. There a top side which is why they are top of the league but we held our own against them which shows how far we’ve come

Q: Simone a hard fought win. It was a great game though what did you say to your players at half time?
    Inzaghi: The first half wasn’t really our best half we were a little bit to open and allowed them to create chances so I just said we have to be patient with the ball start dictating the play and then the chances will come and that is exactly what happened in the second half. They’re a different team to the one from last season they look a lot more organised and are still dangerous going forward so we knew it would be a tough game and we have seen big teams come here and drop points so we think they will take more points off our rivals.

GxbLLOG.png

Q: Cesare a 2-0 win against a team that is in good form this season. They went down to ten men what did you make of the red card and the game itself?
    Prandelli: I didn’t see the tackle yet so I don’t want to comment on this I have been told it was harsh but these things can happen. I thought this was a game we deserved to win, there keeper was a lot more busy then our keeper but he made fantastic saves, Parma are a great team who have shown there quality this season so for us it was nice to get the win against them and show that we can compete with the best teams in the league.

Q: Fabio a controversial red card what did you make of the incident and the game?
    Cannavaro: I think a red card was very harsh, it was a late tackle but he wasn’t dangerous or out of control it was mistimed. I think football is going softer if we’re handing red cards out for that tackle then we need to reassess what you can and can’t do in a tackle. That being said I don’t think we were good enough today and we didn’t deserve to win I just feel the decision came at a crucial point of the game when I feel we were starting to take control and create chances.

f79vOGg.png

Q: Fabio back to winning ways. Was that much tougher then you thought it would be today?
    Cannavaro: No, we knew it was going to be difficult to break them down and so it proved. I think they came here hoping to get a point and sat back but I still feel the moments when we had to we defended very well. They were very well organised they didn’t have any space in behind and the goal we needed to score was because of a well worked move. We are happy with Ravel’s performance we can push him further up with Simone’s (Marino) ban and it is up to him to earn his place in that new role.

Q: Massimo disappointing not to come away with a point, what was your view on the game?
    Rastelli: We knew it would be difficult because Parma came in after losing two games in a row so they wanted to bounce back but I felt we coped well with them. I think that a draw would have been a fair result because we defended very well but again we leave a game with nothing because we have been unable to find the new. Don’t feel Parma were any better then us they just took that chance and we don’t which is why were the lowest scorers.

Trio Promoted to first team
    AKZaOPm.png

Parma Calcio are delighted to confirm that Serbian youth players Mika Gaj (17 Years Old 79-85 POT), Milad Cesarac (17 Years Old 82-88 POT) and Italian under 18 international Tommaso Colombo (17 Years Old 84-90 POT) there first professional deals with the club. Tommaso who is the cousin of centre back Giovanni Colombo has been with the academy since he was eight years old whilst Serbian duo Mika Gaj and Milad Cesarac have signed there first deals but will still be ineligible to play for the first team until after the 1st January due to the fact they signed from Partizan in October.

We sat down with Tommaso Colombo who had this to say ”I am so happy to be signing my first professional contract for Parma FC. I am delighted to be given the opportunity to play with my cousin and hope t be given the opportunity to make an impact as soon as possible. Growing up I used to come to all Parma games with Gio (Colombo) and now to have signed a pro contract and be here with him it is a dream come true but I know I have to continue to work hard because this is only the beginning of my career here.

Fabio Cannavaro added this “I am happy to be signing three more young players to our first team. When Mika and Milad joined in October we knew the talent they had and they have been superb both in training and for the under 21s since joining and Tommaso has been here for a long time and for him to sign a deal shows that the team is producing its own top players. I think all three have a lot of potential now we must decide what is best for the players because we have a lot of players now and not all of them can play so we will look at some loan moves and see what to do.”

League Table

qjwWhHY.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    13 games in and still in the top 4, what a fantastic start. The losses to top teams were very close, it does not look like the team has been outplayed by much in any game.

I like the trio promoted. They seem to have very good potential and will help with squad depth if given a chance.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Colombo looks very promising, indeed. Wingers are not hard to get, but picking the right one might be a bit of a challenge. The worst is always to get their stamina-stats up, how is that with these three?
  • subpop
    After an irregular September, the team completed a great and perfect October. Then in this last month there were ups and downs again. In overall terms, fantastic season so far.

I must say I am surprised of seeing the team so high in the league table at this point. Rogoni and, especially, Pavón have been incredible.

Good to see youngsters making it into the first team.