Fabio Cannavaro: January Results

Comments

  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Really like the signings of Abraham, I also look forward to use him within my Chelsea career. I think he can be the perfect back up striker for topteams, with his pace he will be very dangerous when the spaces are bigger at the end of the game.

    He is also 6 foot 4 so he must be good in the air. I expect him to come on with half an hour left and be able to really cause problems
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    5Y8hqgM.png

    Q: Javi disappointing loss on the opening day. Do you feel your team deserved something out of the game?
    Gracia: We left ourselves a mountain to climb at half time but in all honesty I don’t feel Arsenal deserved to lead 2-0 at half time it was an even game they had two shots in the first half and scored twice. I feel the second half we were outstanding we got in their faces and didn’t allow them to play, we kept them pinned back and made them defend and on another day we would have drew or even won the match.

    Q: Fabio a victory to start the season. What are your thoughts on the match?
    Cannavaro: It was a tough game to start the season but I thought we played really well. In the first half we were very efficient in front of goal and scored twice and the second half we sat back a little more then I would have liked but we still defended very well and conceded because of a mistake in midfield left us exposed. I am happy to pick up the three points in the first game and we can now head into next weeks game full of confidence.

    h1Budz2.png

    Q: Fabio two wins out of two to start the season was that first half frustrating after seeing your team miss so many chances?
    Cannavaro: No it wasn’t frustrating because we always believed that we would find the break through and that’s what we got just after the break. Our first goal was a superb piece of individual play by Bruno (Fernandes) and the second was a great header by Andrea (Belotti) who we know is a fantastic finisher both with his head and with his feet. I am happy with this performance we could have scored more goals in the game but we always kept our concentration when we didn’t find the break through to make sure we were defending and organised I am delighted with this mature performance.

    Q: Graham back to back losses to start the season. What are your thoughts on the start your team has made?
    Potter: Obviously it isn’t great losing our first two games without scoring any goals but it was always going to be difficult going to the Emirates on the second day of the season and they were outstanding today if I’m being honest we tried to get in their faces and stop them from playing out from the back and they just played around us. I didn’t think they would be as good as they were at playing out from the back and if I’m being honest we probably should have sat deeper and made them play in front of us.

    vJPBYNx.png

    Q: Pep a humiliating loss at home. Your team went in 1-0 down at half time against the run of play what went wrong in the second half?
    Guardiola: In the first half we dominated and their keeper made three or four superb seasons to keep them in the lead. We started slow in the first half and didn’t learn our lesson in the second conceding after five minutes in one half and then three minutes in the second it is stupid and it cost us two of the goals. We were to open against a striker like Andrea Belotti and he punished us with four goals you can’t play like that against a world class striker. I think 5-0 looks bad because we didn’t deserve to lose 5-0 it was a closer game then that score line.

    Q: Fabio a fantastic victory for your team. Is that a statement in the title race so early on?
    Cannavaro: It is a fantastic win but maybe you can say it is a statement to other teams but it is only early in the title race so we must continue with the form we have shown so far. This performance is exceptional we defended so well and when we went forward we were clinical, a lot was made of our defence last season but they have been nearly perfect this season I think Ricardo (Pereira) and Matthijs (de Ligt) have settled in perfectly and have made a massive impact in helping this defence become more secure.

    e3BZd2E.png

    Q: Fabio a superb victory where you didn’t allow West Ham a single shot on goal. How happy are you with that performance?
    Cannavaro: It was the perfect performance in my opinion, even better then the performance against Manchester City. I am amazed at how well these players are playing I think they deserve so much credit because they work hard all week and then on the weekend they go out and enjoy themselves and score goals and defend extremely well. We had a lot of questions over our defence heading into this season and there was a lot of pressure on Matthijs (de Ligt) and Ricardo (Pereira) to come in and make a difference but the whole defence has made an impact.

    Q: Manuel your team failed to register a single shot on goal. What went so wrong for your team today?
    Pellegrini: I am not sure, Arsenal played a fantastic game but we didn’t really get our own game going. We obviously knew we couldn’t be to open because their a team that create chances and we had to try and be as solid as possible but they scored two superb goals and we still didn’t come out of our shells. Maybe the tactics at the beginning were wrong maybe we sat to deep and when it came time to push out Arsenal were in to much control and we couldn’t force our way into the match. It was a poor performance but we will learn from it.

    Yyh920k.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Amazing start to the season, including an impressive victory on Mancehster City with Belotti showing his talent and importance in the team. Aside the pure results, the improvement in defensive level is extraordinary. Only a few games, but Arsenal makes an early statement: they're back.

    And I'm sure there are some laughs at Spurs too.
  • Ashy
    9481 posts League Winner
    Very strong start to the season, Belotti ripped City apart there, I wonder if Arsenal can become invincible once again? Promising future ahead if the players keep up this form
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    subpop wrote: »
    Amazing start to the season, including an impressive victory on Mancehster City with Belotti showing his talent and importance in the team. Aside the pure results, the improvement in defensive level is extraordinary. Only a few games, but Arsenal makes an early statement: they're back.

    And I'm sure there are some laughs at Spurs too.

    Have to laugh at Spurs second season in a row they have started awfully. The team has been excellent both offensively but more important defensively the signings have made a difference and a slight tweak in the tactics is getting even more out of Loftus-Cheek
    Ashy wrote: »
    Very strong start to the season, Belotti ripped City apart there, I wonder if Arsenal can become invincible once again? Promising future ahead if the players keep up this form

    I don't think we can be invincible but who knows he team have started superbly
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great start to the season. Your defensive signings have settled in perfectly.

    Funny to see Spurs struggling, it seems every other career on here Arsenal and Liverpool struggle while Spurs are a top team. Maybe EA put a code in if you're Arsenal, Spurs will struggle for your enjoyment? 😏
  • DB1512
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fantastic start of the season! Belotti is really on fire, what a game he had versus City.
  • WestardLord
    1437 posts Professional
    Perfect way to open the season, and I concur it looks like Belotti is going to be the highlight going forward.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Great start to the season. Your defensive signings have settled in perfectly.

    Funny to see Spurs struggling, it seems every other career on here Arsenal and Liverpool struggle while Spurs are a top team. Maybe EA put a code in if you're Arsenal, Spurs will struggle for your enjoyment? 😏

    Always nice when your rivals struggle although I would prefer for them to be in the title race and we take the title away from them :lol:
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Fantastic start of the season! Belotti is really on fire, what a game he had versus City.
    Perfect way to open the season, and I concur it looks like Belotti is going to be the highlight going forward.

    Belotti is the star of the team Abraham will have a tough job getting game time each week with the form he is in the performance against City was perfect
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    DZ6sihi.png

    voQh05o.png
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Some big moves for Chelsea going out and coming in. Funny to see Pavard go for close to the same amount as when he left my club in my career. Backstabbing little b......


    Arsenal have a good group. Inter will be tough and the other two are not easy at all but at least you know of them and what they are like.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Some big moves for Chelsea going out and coming in. Funny to see Pavard go for close to the same amount as when he left my club in my career. Backstabbing little b......


    Arsenal have a good group. Inter will be tough and the other two are not easy at all but at least you know of them and what they are like.

    It isn't an easy group but it is one we should qualify from if we perform as we should
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    bxh1SvC.png

    Q: Mark a backs to the wall performance but is it a performance you are happy with?
    Hughes: Yeah I’m very happy to pick up a point considering the form that the opposition have been in. I thought we defended extremely well and obviously when Fraser was called into action he has made two or three top quality saves that’s why we have a top keeper for moments in games like today. Arsenal played some excellent football we knew they would create chances but when they went ahead we reacted and I think we deserved a point for the hard work we put in.

    Q: Fabio the first time you have dropped points this season but do you think you should have had a penalty at the end?
    Cannavaro: Of course we should have had a penalty I don’t see how the referee or even the linesman hasn’t given it I have seen the replay I am furious because we deserved to win the match and the referee has taken a crucial moment from us. We played very well but we switched off after scoring and it cost us the goal but overall they created one chance and scored it and we created four or five chances and their keeper has pulled of some incredible saves but still if we have the penalty I think we win the game and the referee should answer to why it isn’t a penalty

    itpZvd8.png

    CSKA Moscow (3-1-4-2): Akinfeev, Khosonov, Magnusson (Atakayi, 86), Kutepov, Bistrovic, Vlasic, Oblyakov, Dzagoev (Bijol, 60), Shennikov, Zhamaletdinov, Hernandez (Nishimura, 72)
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Pereira, de Ligt, Lascelles, Marcelo (Mallo, 77), Tonali, Torreira (Maitland-Niles, 60), Fernandes (Lodeiro, 72), Bergwijn, Abraham, Sessegnon

    Q: Viktor a disappointing defeat. What did you make of the game?
    Goncharenko: It is not the result we wanted to start the group but I thought that it was a strong performance from the players. The scoreline is very deceiving I think because at 1-1 we hit the post and then they scored to make it 2-0 it is very harsh that we lost 3-0 but I think we caused Arsenal problems and we will take the positives out of the game. Arsenal took the lead with their first shot on goal I think we must learn that if you make a mistake against teams in the Champions League more often then not you are punished and Arsenal punished us today.

    Q: Fabio a 3-0 win away from home in your first Champions League game. Are you happy with that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am extremely happy with the result, I don’t think we were at our best but we defended well when we needed to and we were efficient in front of goal. We made a few changes to the team and I feel the players who came in did exceptional Tammy (Abraham) scored a great goal and Ainsley (Maitland-Niles) came off the bench and added a lot of energy to the midfield and I feel he helped us gain control of the match and deserved his goal.

    uaOl49N.png

    Q: Fabio a draw against one of your title rivals after falling behind. Just how important was Leno’s late save against Marcus Rashford?
    Cannavaro: It is obvious that it was a great save and it was in injury time so if he hadn’t made the save we would have lost, he is a top keeper I am so happy to have him in goal for us and although we dominated most of the game we should be happy to have a point after falling behind and obviously conceding that late chance that Leno saved. It is early days in the season but I think we have shown that we have improved drastically since last season and I feel we are now in a position where we can mount a serious challenge for the title.

    Q: Jose a draw away at Arsenal you will have taken it before the game but is it disappointing to be leaving with just a point given that late chance Rashford had?
    Mourinho: I believe we should have won this game, you could see Arsenal thought he would score because they where trying to foul him but the keeper made a fantastic save. I feel when you are through on goal you should score and if he had scored we would have won the game but we can’t keep going on we weren’t at our best today against a very good Arsenal team but we still managed to secure a point.

    phj5eff.png

    Wolves (5-2-3): Milinkovic-Savic, Doherty, Perez (Bennett, 56), Boly, Jantschke, Vinagre (Iorfa, 73), Lea Siliki (Mazzitelli, 45), Saiss, Costa, Bonatini, Ibe
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Martinez, Mallo, de Ligt, Holding, Marcelo, Tonali (Torreira, 81), Maitland-Niles, Fernandes (Lodeiro, 60), Bergwijn, Abraham (Belotti, 81), Sessegnon

    Q: Nuno disappointing to exit the competition but are you happy with the performance of your players today?
    Santo: I am happy with certain aspects of our performance but we are disappointed we couldn’t hold on to win the game. The pressure we put on them at the front made them make mistakes and that’s how we got our second goal, I think on another day we could have won but I haven’t seen a team cause Arsenal the problems we did today so far this season so that’s something to take out of the game.

    Q: Fabio through to the next round but not the way you probably would have liked. What are your thoughts on that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am happy we are in the next round, ok it was penalties but that doesn’t matter it is more important we qualify. Wolves are a great team who played very well we made some stupid errors for their goals two mistakes we made and that’s how they scored but we kept fighting and we equalised thanks to another great cross from Steven (Bergwijn) he has been great recently and two assists today plus he scored his penalty he should be proud of his performances. Nico (Lodeiro) is a player who scores crucial goals fir us when we need them and today he grabbed the equaliser.

    nTZD5nj.png

    Q: Mauricio a disappointing result what did you make of the game?
    Pochettino: I don’t think we were anywhere near good enough today we let our fans down in a crucial game and we have to make it up to them. The season has started poorly but we have to bounce back we showed last season we are capable of but we must improve, we came up against a very good Arsenal team but we showed to much respect and invited them on to us and when you do that against a top team you get punished which is what happened today.

    Q: Fabio a superb win against your rivals away from home just how happy are you with that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am thrilled because it was a tough game and we fought so hard for each other to grab the win. Tottenham haven’t had the best of starts but form goes out of the window for these games and we know how good Tottenham can be on there day so we had respect for their ability. I thought Steven (Bergwijn) caused them problems all game and obviously created the first then Reiss (Nelson) came off the bench and set up two goals and obviously Tammy (Abraham) got himself a goal of the bench which he deserved because he has been superb since joining and has waited for his chance.

    pGlDosa.png

    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Pereira, de Ligt, Lascelles (Holding, 87)x, Marcelo, Tonali, Torreira (Maitland-Niles, 83), Fernandes (Lodeiro, 83), Nelson, Abraham, Sessegnon
    Inter Milan (4-2-3-1): Navas, Karsdorp, Upamecano, Skriniar, Alba, Nainggolan (Elneny, 67), Gagliardini, Karamoh (Neres, 45), Forsberg (Manaj, 87), Muniain, Icardi

    Q: Fabio back to back wins in the group stage how big a win was that today against the team many see as your biggest threat in the group?
    Cannavaro: It was an important victory we knew how good Inter Milan are so we had to be at our best to secure the three points which is what we did. It was a cagey game for the first half an hour then Sandro (Tonali) managed to score and I feel we controlled the game after that. This was a massive game for this after so many years out of the Champions League our first home game against Inter Milan it was a tough match but we played fantastic.

    Q: Luciano not the result you were looking for, what are your thoughts on the game?
    Spalletti: It was a tough game, Arsenal are a very good side and today it was a big occasion for them and it helped them to pick up the win. I thought Keylor (Navas) could have saved the first goal and the defending for the second goal wasn’t good enough, when you play against Arsenal at the Emirates you have to make sure you concentrate for the full game and the one moment you switch off they punish you. I feel we matched them for the most part but the small moments in the game is where we lost this match.

    3hIFspI.png

    a3hm5dt.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    As the Champions League and the Carabao Cup appeared in scene, fixtures got tight and there was certain influence on the results of the team. Still the overall results are very positive as the team leads the league table and advances in the Carabao Cup.

    In the Champions league, good draw for Arsenal as the group is quite affordable. Good results to confirm how superior Arsenal is.

    Very interesting season ahead.
  • Ashy
    9481 posts League Winner
    Some interesting transfers overall, Simeone always ends up at Chelsea at some point in every career I think :D
    UCL group looks easy enough and you have started off fantastically, PL is going to plan and a big away with against Spurs too, late goals to seal the win. Going well !
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    subpop wrote: »
    As the Champions League and the Carabao Cup appeared in scene, fixtures got tight and there was certain influence on the results of the team. Still the overall results are very positive as the team leads the league table and advances in the Carabao Cup.

    In the Champions league, good draw for Arsenal as the group is quite affordable. Good results to confirm how superior Arsenal is.

    Very interesting season ahead.

    I feel the rotations of Fabio worked with the victories over Inter and CSKA. Tammy is proving to be a very good back up to Andrea Belotti scoring goals against CSKA, Inter and Tottenham
    Ashy wrote: »
    Some interesting transfers overall, Simeone always ends up at Chelsea at some point in every career I think :D
    UCL group looks easy enough and you have started off fantastically, PL is going to plan and a big away with against Spurs too, late goals to seal the win. Going well !

    Always nice to beat your rivals especially when their struggling hopefully ruins their confidence
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great start to the UCL, beating Inter puts you in control for group leader.

    The schedule is always busy in England for the top teams, hopefully the teamcontinues to rotate well and pick up points against lesser teams when the stars are not playing.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    vU1gMpH.png

    Q: Fabio a stunning performance from your side to beat Bournemouth 6-1. What are your thoughts on that win?
    Cannavaro: We played exceptional today and we could have scored more on another day because Asmir (Begovic) made some great saves. The season has started perfectly we are enjoying are football we are a little disappointed to have conceded the late goal as a clean sheet would have been deserved for the defence but it was a great strike from them and we have to be happy with the result because it was superb.

    Q: Eddie a humiliating defeat for your side. What are your thoughts on the game?
    Howe: There isn’t much we can say to be honest with you, Arsenal are a great side who put us to the sword today. I am disappointed with the first goal more then most because to concede from a set play it is frustrating especially against this Arsenal team who if you give them the advantage they will tear you to pieces and that’s exactly what they did once they had the lead they were ferocious even more then when drawing and they didn’t show any mercy. There spectacular to watch but a nightmare to play against.

    SB8uw9R.png

    Q: Chris a disappointing result today, what did you make of the match today?
    Hughton: I thought that we gave a really good account of ourselves against one of the best teams in the world. Listen we wanted to get something out of the game but we were probably playing Arsenal at the worst possible time coming off that win against Bournemouth plus an international break so they’ve had two weeks of bouncing off that result and today they were excellent. We had moments in the game we had a chance from a corner in the first half where maybe we could have tested the keeper a little bit more but that’s football Arsenal are an exceptional side.

    Q: Fabio a solid 2-0 win, are you happy with that performance today?
    Cannavaro: Of course I am happy, it was a tough opponent but we kept to our style of playing and I believe 2-0 is a fair result. It wasn’t an easy game Brighton defended very well but it was a game where we kept our concentration for the full match and we scored two brilliant goals. I think we all knew how good Ruben (Loftus-Cheek) was when we signed him and we always had faith he would excel obviously last season he struggled a little bit but this season he has been excellent and is crucial to the way we play.

    VWxjqA1.png

    OGC Nice (5-3-2): Benitez, Veltman, Hubner, Ordets, Herelle, Bertrand, Lees-Melou (Walter, 63), Cyprien, Danilo, Benteke (Ganago, 56), Sacko (Saint-Maximin, 56)
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Mallo, de Ligt, Lascelles, Periera (Holding, 74), Tonali, Maitland-Niles (Torreira, 63), Fernandes (Lodeiro, 74), Nelson, Abraham, Sessegnon

    Q: Patrick a poor result for your team especially that first half, what are your thoughts on the match?
    Viera: I believe it was an awful first half by ourselves the first goal we were to open, the second goal I think is a wonderful strike from thirty yards which you don’t expect but then the third again it is poor defending and it isn’t poor defending near midfield it is poor defending in our box and when you make the mistakes we made it isn’t good enough. I thought the second half we fought a little harder but it was game over so Arsenal probably took there foot off the gas a little.

    Q: Fabio a superb performance from your side, is that revenge for the fact Nice knocked you out of last seasons Europa League?
    Cannavaro: We are happy because last season they knocked us out of the Europa League which was the only competition we had left to win at that stage but this is a different situation we weren’t thinking of the loss from last season it was about winning the game and putting ourselves in a strong position. Halfway through the group and we are in a strong position to win the group but our focus is spectacular and we now concentrate on our next match. We will only take it one game at a time and I think that is helping us.

    LkqPYnR.png

    Q: Fabio there has been a lot of praise for Andrea Belotti this season but another player who seems to be having his best season to date is Ruben Loftus-Cheek. How important do you feel he has been so far this season?
    Cannavaro: I think he has been sensational but the fans and the media can talk about individuals all they want we are a team and everybody is playing their part, I am so lucky to have the players I have. The first goal today we scored without Newcastle touching the ball that shows how good we can be at keeping the ball then the second Andrea has scored from thirty yards out and then our third was a header from a corner, three very different goals showing that we are dangerous wherever we have the ball.

    Q: Rafa a disappointing result for your side. Just how difficult is it to play against that Arsenal side?
    Benitez: It is always difficult to play against Arsenal, even when I was manager of Liverpool it was hard. Obviously the team they have now has a lot more quality players but we should have still performed better in my opinion but it was luck I think that really influenced todays game. Their first goal technically we did touch the ball before they scored because it took a deflection and then went in off the post, at 2-0 we hit the post twice in twenty seconds then Leno made an extraordinary save and then we hit the post from his save that’s three post hits in forty seconds then obviously the flag went up. That was the difference moments like that.

    YEW3fPM.png

    Sheffield Wednesday (4-2-3-1): Wildsmith, Baker (Palmer, 73), Lees, Degenek, Fox, Hutchinson (Bannan, 82), Pelupessy, Pena Jimenez (Varga, 67), Reach, Kahraba, Forestieri
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Martinez, Mallo, de Ligt, Holding, Bramall (Marcelo, 82), Tonali, Maitland-Niles (Willock, 67), Oyarzabal (Lodeiro, 67), Nelson, Abraham, Sessegnon

    Q: Steve a fantastic performance from your side despite the fact you lost on penalties how proud are you of the character your team showed to fight back from two goals down?
    Bruce: I am ecstatic with the performance overall I actually think we were the better team, they got a lot of luck with their first goal the ball landing at Tonali’s feet six yards out after a deflected shot. Their second I thought we were on top creating chances and they broke on us and scored and then we really dug in and fought hard to get back into the game with two well worked goals. Obviously we would have liked to have progressed but their keeper has a habit of saving penalties Emiliano (Martinez) seems to be a penalty specialist but we hold our heads high.

    Q: Fabio 2-0 up fifteen minutes to go and you seemed to fall apart. What are your thoughts on that performance?
    Cannavaro: I am disappointed that we didn’t win the game in ninety minutes because we were in control of the game but I am happy that we are into the next round of the competition. The main thing right now is to progress in the cup sometimes you will play bad and progress but the important thing is to progress. It is obvious we weren’t at our best today but that doesn’t matter because in the next round we can improve we know that I say well done to Sheffield Wednesday because at 2-0 most Championship teams would give up but they kept fighting and they deserved to draw.

    dGVHNuK.png

    Q: Marco after leading 2-0 at half time how disappointing is it not to get the three points today?
    Silva: It is very frustrating that we didn’t win the match because we were in control of the game and with less then thirty minutes to go we had a strong lead but Arsenal are a fantastic team and they punished us for making the mistakes we made. The second goal is a fantastic free kick to get it over a jumping wall and back down from that distance is incredible but we knew that Bruno (Fernandes) was an exceptional player and we marked him out of the game apart from his goal he wasn’t involved that much.

    Q: Fabio 2-0 down at half time what did you say to your players?
    Cannavaro: The truth. I can’t repeat what I said exactly but I told them that for five minutes after their goal they looked like they gave up and were punished by conceding a terrible goal to concede. I have so much respect for my players because they all looked at each other at half time and they said we are coming here and losing we can get back into this and that’s what they did. We dominated both halves we had a five minute spell that almost cost us the game but overall it was a great performance and we deserved our point if not more.

    hytW2ZQ.png

    hgjh9ou.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    After a great victory against Bournemouth, there were a couple of draws in away games (in this case, the comeback against Everton was brilliant), which didn't harm the position on top of the league table. Remarkable improvement in the defensive record, while the attack didn't suffer the consequences.

    In the Champions League, not a problem with Nice and the pass to the round of 16 seems safe... now let's hope we can finish on top of the group to avoid big guns.

    Cannavaro is doing a great job.
  • DB1512
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still very solid performances, despite a couple draws it looks really good with Arsenal. Still on top of the league and not beaten yet, if you can continue this form maybe a new team of invicibles can stand up.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    subpop wrote: »
    After a great victory against Bournemouth, there were a couple of draws in away games (in this case, the comeback against Everton was brilliant), which didn't harm the position on top of the league table. Remarkable improvement in the defensive record, while the attack didn't suffer the consequences.

    In the Champions League, not a problem with Nice and the pass to the round of 16 seems safe... now let's hope we can finish on top of the group to avoid big guns.

    Cannavaro is doing a great job.

    The game with Everton was fantastic the Brighton game wasn't a draw I forgot to change the scores it was a 2-0 win
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Still very solid performances, despite a couple draws it looks really good with Arsenal. Still on top of the league and not beaten yet, if you can continue this form maybe a new team of invicibles can stand up.

    It ha sbeen a great start we didn't draw with Brighton it was a win
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    fD4cc2s.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Pasquier definitely looks like a very interesting player, not just because of his talent, which seems evident, but also because he is very versatile.
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    subpop wrote: »
    Pasquier definitely looks like a very interesting player, not just because of his talent, which seems evident, but also because he is very versatile.

    He is a player with huge potential and being versatile will help him receive game time
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    9ihsHbr.png

    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Mallo, Holding, Lascelles, Pereira, Tonali, Torreira (Maitland-Niles, 56), Fernandes (Lodeiro, 65), Nelson (Oyarzabal, 65), Abraham, Sessegnon
    OGC Nice (5-3-2): Benitez, Veltman, Hubner, Ordets, Herelle, Bertrand, Lees-Melou (Walter, 76), Cyprien, Danilo, Benteke (Maolida, 56), Sacko (Saint-Maximin, 56)

    Q: Fabio a draw which sees you progress into the next round. How frustrating was it not to win after leading by two goals?
    Cannavaro: It was very frustrating not to win because we played so well for the first half an hour but I think overall it is a fair result because we stopped playing at that point. I think that we looked tired today if I’m being honest the second half especially looked like it took its toll on us but we did what we needed to do and we are now in the next round with two games spare. I think it is difficult to play your best every game but we didn’t lose so we are still unbeaten in all competitions so I am happy.

    Q: Patrick fantastic character shown by your side tonight. Your five points behind Inter Milan now how important is that game in France now?
    Viera: It is a crucial game but we are confident we can get the result and then obviously we will need Arsenal to do us a favour at the San Siro. I thought we deserved to win today, Leno made some incredible saves and kept them in it at times but everyone thought we would come here and get battered not remembering how good we played here last season. If we beat Inter then we have a massive opportunity that is our aim now.

    0SaQsHU.png

    Q: Roy another disappointing result but are there some positives to take out of your display today?
    Hodgson: Of course I think there’s a lot of positives we can take out of that game. I don’t think that Arsenal team are as good as some people make them out to be, they have some really great players in areas but I think there are vulnerabilities there which we may have exposed with some of our play today. Obviously I’m not discouraging what they have done this season they have played probably twenty games in all competitions and haven’t lost so they aren’t a bad side I just don’t think there as good as the team City had when they won the league a few years ago this Arsenal team have more weaknesses.

    Q: Fabio, Roy Hodgson said he doesn’t think your team is as good as some people have made you out to be. What are your thoughts on that?
    Cannavaro: Roy is a fantastic manager and I think his opinion is respected by a lot of people. I am happy he is taking pressure off us when everybody wants to put more pressure on but I think when you play sixteen games and you don’t lose any games you should think of yourselves as a good side. We know we have more work to do to improve and get better but we are happy with how we progress, being honest we looked a little bit tired but we have played so much football now we can rest during the international break and be better for our next game.

    Rt9v2Lc.png

    Q: Fabio a superb performance from your side, how happy are you with todays result?
    Cannavaro: I am delighted with our performance because Chelsea are a fantastic team but we managed to dominate for large periods and we deserved to score another couple of goals. We aren’t happy with a few little things that I feel we did wrong during the match but we are improving and I am happy because Chelsea are one of the top teams in the division and we deserved to win today. I think that we showed character after conceding the equaliser to go down the other end score and then learn from the lesson of scoring then conceding by scoring and then scoring again.

    Q: Maurizio a disappointing result, what are your thoughts on the game?
    Sarri: I think that we played a fantastic game and we deserved something out of the match against a very good team. I think the referee go the penalty decision wrong I don’t know why he decided to point to the spot but I think that Christian (Pavard) made a great challenge and he was punished for it by conceding a goal. We aren’t in the position we want to be in at this stage of the season but we still believe we can challenge the top teams we just need a little bit more luck which our opponents are getting at the moment

    gMsTaZh.png

    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Mallo, de Ligt, Holding, Marcelo, Tonali, Maitland-Niles (Torreira, 67), Fernandes, Nelson (Lodeiro, 67), Abraham (Belotti, 74), Sessegnon
    CSKA Moscow (3-1-4-2): Akinfeev, Khosonov (Atakayi, 83), Magnusson, Kutepov, Bistrovic, Vlasic, Oblyakov (Bijol, 57), Dzagoev, Shennikov, Zhamaletdinov (Nishimura, 67), Hernandez

    Q: Fabio not your best performance but you managed to turn it around and pick up the three points. One game to go in the group how important is it to finish top of the group?
    Cannavaro: It is very important to win the group because if gives you more confidence heading into the next stage of the competition. We have left ourselves in a very strong position to win the group but we have a tough game vs Inter Milan coming up and it is important that we concentrate to try and ensure we win the group with as many points as possible. I’m delighted with our performances so far the team should be really happy because it was a tough group we had.

    Q: Viktor a fantastic performance from your side but another defeat how frustrating was that game today after leading twice?
    Goncharenko: It was very frustrating because we deserved to get something out of the match. Nobody gave us a chance heading to the stadium but we believed in ourselves and we fought really hard for each other against one of the teams that could end up challenging for the trophy come the end of the season. I don’t feel the result was fair on the balance of play but they brought on Belotti and within minutes they equalised thanks to his assist we can’t afford these players.

    uWKFj6M.png

    Q: Martin after such a competitive first half how disappointing was it to concede with the last kick of the half?
    O’Neill: I think we created more clear cut chances in the first half and could have gone on leading but it was so harsh to come in losing to that goal just before half time but I have to be honest and say it’s a great goal which the keeper has no chance with. I said to the lads at half time we’re still in this don’t let them slow the game down and to be fair Arsenal took it up a gear and the second half they were unplayable at times. Obviously we’re disappointed with the own goal but there was nothing Tobias could do to stop it to be honest.

    Q: Fabio a 3-0 away win and you managed to give a debut to young Gregoire Pasquier a good day at the office?
    Cannavaro: Yes a very good day today, I thought the first half Nottingham Forest made it really difficult for us and we had to really fight for everything but then in the second half we came out and really took control of the game. I am happy to give Gregoire his first team debut because he has been very impressive and although he only played seven or eight minutes he still had a very good game.

    G7DA4Sh.png
  • Great run of victories in both competitions. The team is very clinical, just need a few shots to score and this is better cause you don't concede a lot. I see Arsenal as a potential winner in the league, considering the strenght of the team and the difference of 8 points from the second so far.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Unbeaten in the league and 8 points of advantage suggest that this is going to be a glorious year for Arsenal.

    The team doesn't seem to be very dominant in Europe though, but still the results are very good and solid.

    Cannavaro changed the face of this team.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    I looked at the Crystal Palace score and thought "Hey, you got that backwards!" :D
    Still catching up a bit on Cannavaro, but Arsenal is a good choice and nice to see them firmly trenched in the top four.
  • DB1512
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pasquier looks like a promising player who should get his chance in the cup matches, maybe even in the last UCL game against Inter. Great results in the PL, still unbeaten and already an eight point gap with United and even more on Liverpool and City, while Chelsea and Spurs are already out of the titlerace.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The last unbeaten team, I'm sure ArsenalTV are dreaming of another invincible season.
Sign In or Register to comment.