Fabio Cannavaro: January Results

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Unexpected defeat at the Europa League... the away goal rule shocked Arsenal. In the Premier league, the results weren't impressive either, but the Champions League spot seems safe, unless there is a major setback in the last 4 games. Well, going back to the Champions League is a good start for Cannavaro, but it's evident there are big problems in the team that must be adressed for the season to come.

About the away rule debate, I'm 100% in favour of it. It promotes away teams to go forward and it avoids penalty kicks, which is way worse than this rule. Not so much in favour in extra time, but this time it wasn't the case.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 21
    0kunras.png

Q: Fabio a disappointing loss that sees the gap between yourselves and Tottenham cut to just one point, are you still confident you can qualify for Champions League?
    Cannavaro: Obviously we are frustrated that we lost the match but we still have our fate in our hands and the aim is the same to finish in the top four. I thought Everton played very well today and made things really difficult for us but we never really got going we made to many mistakes and it has cost us the result. We are now three leagues games without a win and only have one win in our last five but we know we can turn it around we will have a rest for a few days and hopefully push on for the final three games.

Q: Marco it has been a frustrating season for your Everton team with many people saying you should be competing for Champions League football. Does this result show that you can compete?
    Silva: Yes but we always knew we could compete we just haven’t been anywhere near consistent enough but when you look at the players in the team it is clear that we have the quality to play in Europe. Our aim now is to finish in the top six then hopefully we can add one of two players in the summer and fight for Champions League place next season because we are good enough to be up there maybe even fighting for the title.

RTsoQZU.png

roLXMz6.png

Q: Javi a disappointing loss after your side had been in superb form. What did you make of the match today?
    Gracia: We didn’t look like ourselves today I don’t know what was different but we just looked a lot different. I don’t feel we moved the ball quickly enough and in front of goal we were very poor, I thought Arsenal should have gone down to ten men in the first half when Rob (Holding) brought down Hernandez he gave the free kick but I don’t know why the red card wasn’t given as Hernandez was through on goal.

Q: Fabio with Tottenham’s draw yesterday one win will all but secure your qualification for the Champions League next season. What are your thoughts on your sides performance today?
    Cannavaro: We still have two games left to try and win but we are confident that we will achieve our goal. Today we played a fantastic performance, we were brilliant at the back and when Mikel (Oyarzabal) came in he was superb in setting up the first goal and then scoring the second. It was a crucial game because Tottenham were level on points with us so slipping up would have given them another boost especially since our form has been inconsistent lately but we deserved the win and must now concentrate for two more games.

JDNpERw.png

Q: David a disappointing result for your team today with one game left do you still feel confident you can get the result on the final day against relegation rivals Fulham where you have to win by two or more goals?
    Wagner: We have to go there and try and win and keep pushing to score as many goals as possible. We believe in ourselves we still have our destiny in our hands its just a case of putting in the best performance of our careers and securing the result and saving ourselves from relegation. Today we were devastated because for half an hour we had an extra man and needed just one goal but Arsenal just sat back and were organised happy to win by the one goal and they did enough to do that.

Q: Fabio this win confirms that you have qualified for next seasons Champions League how happy are you with the way this season has gone?
    Cannavaro: We are really happy with the way that the season has gone, obviously theres things we need to work on with the amount of goals we concede and obviously we will need to add a striker to support Andrea but we have one game left and our job now is to secure one final win at home and then we will sit down in after the season and decide which players we will bring in and which we will be leaving but we should be happy with our first season together.

xwXZH92.png

Q: Fabio last game of the season was that the perfect ending to a perfect season?
    Cannavaro: I don’t think we can call it a perfect season because we didn’t win any trophies but it was a fantastic first season for sure. I am so happy to be given this chance now to manage in the Champions League and now my job is to sit down with the board in the next couple of days hopefully sort a few players contracts out and then we will start to make plans for the summer and hopefully we can bring in three or four top players to push us towards the title.

Q: Nuno disappointing end to the season but what are your thoughts on the season overall?
    Santo: It was a tough season but we can be happy with our performance we are still in the Premier League which is a tough feat we obviously lost Ruben (Neves) in the summer and never really replaced him but hopefully this summer we can spend a bit of that money and start thinking about breaking into the top ten and maybe the top seven but it was a season we are content with I think is the right word.

9c6IBrP.png

FH7EmeV.png
    TXxJKVf.png
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well, at least it was a strong-ish finish to the season to stay in the top 4.

I'm glad Reiss is committing long term, I feel like he'll be a huge part of Arsenal's future.
  • subpop
    Not extraordinary, but still a good season as Arsenal return to Champions League football after several years of failures. I wish this is the first stone of a winning project in the future, however the club have a lot of work to do during the summer. The reinforcements in defense are a must.
  • JoshDFC
    Well, at least it was a strong-ish finish to the season to stay in the top 4.

I'm glad Reiss is committing long term, I feel like he'll be a huge part of Arsenal's future.

He had a great season for us and contributed some important goals hopefully he can continue to grow with the team
    subpop wrote: »
    Not extraordinary, but still a good season as Arsenal return to Champions League football after several years of failures. I wish this is the first stone of a winning project in the future, however the club have a lot of work to do during the summer. The reinforcements in defense are a must.

It was the first step but it was an important step now we must improve in the summer. We still have the money from Inaki's sale to spend plus we should be given a bigger budget so I aim to spend about £120 million on new players but still plan on selling two or three so we can recoup some of that money
  • JoshDFC
    maxresdefault.jpg

After five years Arsenal will play alongside Europe’s elite again next season after finishing in fourth place in the Premier League. We sat down with popular Arsenal fan TV members DT and Troopz to get their thoughts on this season

Q: DT we’re back in the Champions League, are you happy with the season?
    DT: Robbie we have to be honest, yes I am happy to finish in the top four but that defence this season has been a shambles at times. Look at the points we finished on it’s the lowest points a team has had in fourth since we last finished in the top four so that shows that this season rather then us stepping up everybody else sunk down to our level. Fabio (Cannavaro) ok yes we are back in the Champions League but we went out of the Carabao cup and the FA cup both times at home to Fulham, the we get knocked out of the Europa League at home to OGC Nice, their a midtable French side there’s a lot of work to do Robbie and I’m not sure Fabio is the man who can deliver.

Q: Troopz Dt’s being very negative surely we should be singing Fabio’s praises after not finishing in the top four after five years?
    Troopz: I get where DT is coming from, we had the second worst defence in the league and got knocked out of all three trophies at home to mid table teams but if you would have asked me at the beginning of the season if I’d be happy with fourth I’d have said yes fam, give me Champions League football fam. I’m sick of Thursday night football Robbie, I want Tuesday nights under the Emirates with the Champions League anthem that’s me Robbie fam forget the fact we can’t defend or beat mid table teams in cups we are back where we belong I’m happy Robbie I’ll take it.
  • JoshDFC
    033etoM.png

Arsenal have confirmed the signing of defender Mattijs De Ligt from French side AS Monaco for £57,500,000 on a five year deal worth £18,980,000 (£73,000 P/W). The centre back joined AS Monaco from Ajax two seasons ago but feels it is now time to test himself in one of Europes elite leagues and says he hopes he can now help Arsenal start fighting for trophies again after almost seventeen years without a Premier League winners trophy. He said this on the move

De Ligt: I am honoured to be moving to a club like Arsenal. Arsenal are a team who have had many top Dutch players in the past, players like Marc Overmars, Robin Van Persie and Dennis Bergkamp who I spoke with before making the move. Dennis is a legend here and he said this would be a perfect environment for me to continue my development. To have the chance as a defender to play under one of if not the greatest centre half ever it is an honour and I think I’m reaching an age and a stage of my career where I want to now start fighting to win trophies and Arsenal are a team that I feel are on the up again and I am confident we will be able to start fighting for trophies this coming season… I am here to win titles.

Fabio added this on the move
    Cannavaro “I am so happy Matthij’s has agreed to join the club, he was my number one priority as soon as the season finished and to be able to seal the deal in time for him to join us for pre season is fantastic. It was actually quite an easy deal to finalize which was surprising obviously we had a delay with the fee to Monaco but once they accepted our offer he flew over within hours we had agreed terms and he was having his medical. He wanted to join the team and I think that shows Arsenal are still a big club, I think he will be a legend here but we have to match his ambition and that’s our aim this season.
  • subpop
    There could not been a better signing. De Ligt is the most promising central back on Earth. This is what the team needed and fits very well in the club.
  • LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Europa league did not finish as we all hoped but the team stayed focused and secured Champions League next season. A great first year for Fabio!

The offseason is already off to a great start with signing of de Ligt. I think he has the most potential of all the young CBs around.
  • Ashy
    9728 posts League Winner
    Spurs didn't really put a good challenge for the 4th spot in the end and those last few games were easy enough for you to comfortably finish well, decent season but next one I think a title challenge will be necessary, and de Ligt being the first signing gets me very exciting for whats to come.

Good AFTV interview there, I watch them every week so it's cool to see you had a couple of 'fam' in there :D Cannavarro just needed to get a base started and to build off that, the club not finishing in the UCL spots for 4 years or so shows how bad they've been now the future is bright. The defence being that bad is a big problem and as good as de Ligt is I don't think he can change it completely by himself, another one or two defensive signings are needed
  • JoshDFC
    There could not been a better signing. De Ligt is the most promising central back on Earth. This is what the team needed and fits very well in the club.

He is a fantastic talent who ill play at the top level for a long time I'm sure
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Europa league did not finish as we all hoped but the team stayed focused and secured Champions League next season. A great first year for Fabio!

The offseason is already off to a great start with signing of de Ligt. I think he has the most potential of all the young CBs around.

He is a world class defender which is what we require after conceding so many goals last season
    Ashy wrote: »
    Spurs didn't really put a good challenge for the 4th spot in the end and those last few games were easy enough for you to comfortably finish well, decent season but next one I think a title challenge will be necessary, and de Ligt being the first signing gets me very exciting for whats to come.

Good AFTV interview there, I watch them every week so it's cool to see you had a couple of 'fam' in there :D Cannavarro just needed to get a base started and to build off that, the club not finishing in the UCL spots for 4 years or so shows how bad they've been now the future is bright. The defence being that bad is a big problem and as good as de Ligt is I don't think he can change it completely by himself, another one or two defensive signings are needed

Arsenal fan TV is comedy gold especially when Arsenal have been beaten. Your right about the defence we also need a right back which I will provide an update on shortly
  • JoshDFC
    lWz0ckX.jpg

Arsenal are delighted to confirm the arrival of right back Danilo Pereira from Leicester City for £40,000,000. The twenty seven year old has put pen to paper on a four year deal worth £100,000 p/w less then then £115,000 p/w he was earning at Leicester with the right back saying he has joined the club to try and help the team win trophies. He said this on the move

Pereira: I am ecstatic to be an Arsenal player. When I spoke with Fabio about this move I was sure I wanted to join the team and I am happy that my future has been resolved, I enjoyed my time with Leicester they are a fantastic team and I learnt a lot whilst there but now it is time to take what I have learnt and use it to try and win some trophies and I feel Arsenal are a team that will offer me this opportunity. I watched them a lot last season they play entertaining football and I feel the way Fabio likes his full backs to play will suit me perfectly I’m ready for this challenge

Arsenal have also confirmed they will take part in the Saudi Invitational Cup this pre season. Arsenal have been drawn in a group with Spanish giants Real Madrid, and Saudi sides Al Hilal and Al Ittihad whilst the other group contains Sevilla, Bayern Munchen, Napoli and Athletic Bilbao.

Fabio had this to say on both our Pre Season Preparations and the signing of Danilo
    Cannavaro: I am really happy to be able to sign Danilo and to finalise the deal before we fly out to Saudi Arabia is brilliant because he will get a full pre season with us now. Obviously we still need another striker but after that I think our transfer business will be done unless obviously a fantastic opportunity to sign a player presents itself but for now we will work with what we have obviously Edward (Nketiah) is back from his successful loan with Sporting and we have a couple of other players who enjoyed successful loan spells who hopefully take their opportunity in pre season.

Squad has been announced

c2PMzIX.png
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Two great signings in the area the team needs them the most. Impressive squad compared to Arsenal's real life squad. Your squad has quality, depth and some promising talents, only thing missing is a back-up/future replacement for Marcelo I think, althought Sessegnon can also play leftback but I believe he is better in a more attacking role.
  • Ashy
    9728 posts League Winner
    That's a lot of investment for a 27 year old full-back however he is right at his prime right now and should be good for the next 3-4 years, surprised to see Marcelo still going strong 84 rated at 33 years old though.
    The Arsenal team is very nice, would have thought Smith Rowe and Guendouzi would be higher rated at this point, I also do not see Saka, he is a very highly rated youth player for us, wonder where he is unless you started the career before he was added in.
  • subpop
    Interesting squad. A bit short of strikers and central midfielders, but still good enough to fight for any title.

Danilo Pereira really improve the team, because Hugo Mallo wouldn't have been enough to face the entire season.
  • LAboog4
    The defense is very much improved, on paper at least. The main concerns of the squad have been addressed but hopefully losing the big strikers will not be an issue now.

If you can continue scoring like you did last season plus add an improved defense, this team could win something soon.
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really like the idea behind some of these players, namely Sessegnon, De Ligt, and Bergwijn.

As @subpop said, the midfield seems little low, while there's a great amount of forwards.
  • JoshDFC
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Two great signings in the area the team needs them the most. Impressive squad compared to Arsenal's real life squad. Your squad has quality, depth and some promising talents, only thing missing is a back-up/future replacement for Marcelo I think, althought Sessegnon can also play leftback but I believe he is better in a more attacking role.

I don't feel this is a massive priority this season compared to the other positions that are required he signing of Pereira is one where if Marcelo is injured he can play there
    That's a lot of investment for a 27 year old full-back however he is right at his prime right now and should be good for the next 3-4 years, surprised to see Marcelo still going strong 84 rated at 33 years old though.
    The Arsenal team is very nice, would have thought Smith Rowe and Guendouzi would be higher rated at this point, I also do not see Saka, he is a very highly rated youth player for us, wonder where he is unless you started the career before he was added in.

It was a career that was started very early so he probably isn't in the game I think Guendouzi's potential isn't very high I started my career on 05.10.2018 so his potential is 82 should have started it later his potential is a lot higher now haha
    Interesting squad. A bit short of strikers and central midfielders, but still good enough to fight for any title.

Danilo Pereira really improve the team, because Hugo Mallo wouldn't have been enough to face the entire season.

I think that our midfield is strong the trio will likely be Torreira, Loftus-Cheek and Fernandes with Tonali and Maitland Niles as back up but Lodeiro can play in CAM if needed although we are likely to revert to 4-3-3 with a DM if Fernandes is injured. The striker will be addressed before the season starts,
    The defense is very much improved, on paper at least. The main concerns of the squad have been addressed but hopefully losing the big strikers will not be an issue now.

If you can continue scoring like you did last season plus add an improved defense, this team could win something soon.

I feel we do need to add a striker but the priority was the defence and we have done well in addressing the issues we had there
    Really like the idea behind some of these players, namely Sessegnon, De Ligt, and Bergwijn.

As @subpop said, the midfield seems little low, while there's a great amount of forwards.

Bergwijn was out on loan last season but he will be given a chance now he has improved to show what he can do. Fabio has shown players can take chances with Reiss Nelson forcing his way into the team last season and the young player he developed at Parma
  • JoshDFC
    xt7pH48.png

Arsenal (4-3-3): Macey (Martinez, 45), Pereira, De Ligt, Holding (Mavropanos, 45), Bramall (Marcelo, 45), Tonali (Guendouzi, 45), Maitland-Niles, Fernandes (Oyarzabal, 45), Nelson (Bergwijn, 45), Nketiah (Belotti ,45), Smith Rowe
    Al Ittihad (4-2-3-1): Al Najjar, Abdullah, Jurman, Asiri, Al Qarni, Jonas, Bajandouh, Al Muwallad, Bashir, Al Najjarm, Romarinho

14 Minutes GOAL Maitland-Niles
    47 Minutes GOAL Al Muwallad
    63 Minutes GOAL Bergwijn
    76 Minutes GOAL Smith Rowe
    89 Minutes GOAL Bajandouh

Real Madrid (4-3-3): Zidane, Hysaj, Ramos, De la Fuente, Hakimi, Casemiro, Peeters, Febas, Vazquez, Mariano, Junior
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno (Martinez, 45), Mallo, Mustafi, Lascelles (Holding, 45), Marcelo (Bramall, 45), Torreira, Loftus-Cheek (Tonali, 45), Lodeiro (Fernandes, 45), Nelson (Bergwijn, 45), Belotti (Nketiah, 45), Sessegnon

24 Minutes GOAL Lodeiro
    40 Minutes GOAL Nelson
    56 Minutes GOAL Sessegnon
    67 Minutes GOAL Nketiah
    75 Minutes GOAL Sessegnon
    78 Minutes GOAL Bergwijn

Arsenal (4-3-3): Macey (Leno, 45), Pereira, de Ligt (Mavropanos, 45), Lascelles, Marcelo, Tonali (Guendouzi. 45), Maitland-Niles (Loftus-Cheek, 45), Fernandes (Iwobi, 45), Nelson (Bergwijn, 45), Belotti (Nketiah, 45), Oyarzabal
    Al Hilal (4-3-3): Al Mayoof, Al Owdah, Al Bulayhi, Al Hafith, Kadish, Kanno, Boussefiane, Al Dawsari, Cerutti, Fallatah, Bencharki

16 Minutes GOAL Oyarzabal
    45 Minutes GOAL Belotti
    45+3 minutes GOAL Belotti
    65 Minutes PENALTY GOAL Nketiah

6HLaUHK.jpg

Arsenal are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen about the signing of striker Tammy Abraham. Bayer Leverkusen value the England striker at around £40,000,000 whereas Arsenal are confident they can get the striker for closer to the £30,000,000 mark. The striker is keen to return to England and force his way into being an England regular and is excited by the prospect of playing for Arsenal where he will link up with former Chelsea team mate and close friend Ruben Loftus-Cheek who joined the club from Lazio back in January.

In more news Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi for £25,000,000 and Arsenal winger Emile Smith Rowe has signed for Fiorentina on a season long loan

Arsenal have also let three players leave on loan with Edward Nketiah (Southampton), Matteo Guendouzi (Real Sociedad) and Emile Smith Rowe (Fiorenina) all leaving on season long loan deals.

• DB1512
    Tammy Abraham would be a decent signing, especially with Nketiah on loan at Southampton. Understandable to let Mustafi go, don't know what Real Madrid wants to do with him but maybe they panic after you crushed them with 0-6
  • LAboog4
    Tammy Abraham has tons of potential if someone can find away to help him reach it.
  • subpop
    Looks like Real Madrid got their **** as the flag of Japan and this is always nice to see... even if they played with the B team. And then you fool them with Mustafi... all perfect.

Abraham is an interesting choice for the attack of Arsenal. He will probably enjoy lots of minutes if the deal gets done.
  • JoshDFC
    Tammy Abraham has tons of potential if someone can find away to help him reach it.

He is a talent who will be a superb deputy to Andrea
    Looks like Real Madrid got their **** as the flag of Japan and this is always nice to see... even if they played with the B team. And then you fool them with Mustafi... all perfect.

Abraham is an interesting choice for the attack of Arsenal. He will probably enjoy lots of minutes if the deal gets done.

He is a player who will have to win trust by taking his chance when given I don't think he will dethrone Andrea Belotti but he can cntribute
  • JoshDFC
    9BWmsMX.png

Arsenal (4-3-3): Martinez, Mallo, de Ligt, Holding (Mavropanos, 45), Pereira (Bramall, 45), Torreira, Maitland-Niles (Loftus-Cheek, 45), Fernandes (Oyarzabal, 45), Bergwijn (Lodeiro, 45), Belotti, Sessegnon
    Athletic Bilbao (4-3-3): Simon, Capa, Yeray, Nunez, Bryan, Vecino, Lopez, Vicente, Zeneli, Guruzeta, Cordoba

6 Minutes GOAL Belotti
    37 Minutes GOAL Lopez
    Arsenal won 4-3 on penalties

Bayern Munchen final
    Arsenal (4-3-3): Leno, Pereira (Mallo, 45), de Ligt (Holding, 45), Lascelles, Marcelo, Torreira, Loftus-Cheek (Tonali, 45), Fernandes, Bergwijn (Nelson, 45), Belotti, Oyarzabal (Sessegnon, 45)
    Bayern Munchen (4-1-4-1): Neuer, Kimmich, Rugani, Sule, Gaya, Marquinhos, Brandt, Neves, Goretzka, Gnabry, Williams

18 Minutes PENALTY Neuer saves Belotti’s penalty
    53 Minutes GOAL Brandt
    71 Minutes GOAL Nelson
    Arsenal won 4-3 on penalties

wgbsdwT.png

Arsenal are delighted to confirm the signing of striker Tammy Abraham from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of £32,500,000 on a four year deal worth £77,000 P/W. The striker signed for Bayer Leverkusen last season and had impressed in Germany scoring eighteen goals in thirty two appearances in the league and has now made the decision to return to England to try and win trophies and cement his place in England’s team for next years World Cup in Qatar. He said this on the move.

Abraham “I’m really excited to be signing for Arsenal, growing up I was an Arsenal fan and to be able to pull on the shirt and walk out in front of our fans I am so excited to get started. Growing up I idolised and looked up to Thierry Henry and hopefully I can score goals and have the young fans look upto me like I looked upto Thierry. I would love it if we could win the title this season it has been to long since we won the Premier League, I mean it has been to long since we even competed for the title so this season I would love it if we could win the title and if I can be in the England squad going to Qatar next summer.”

In more news winger Alex Iwobi has signed for French side Lyon in a deal worth £25,000,000. The winger missed most of last season with a Cruciate Ligament injury and has made the decision to move to France to try and revive his career after being pushed down the pecking order at the Emirates. In more news young defender Konstantinos Mavropanos has re signed for Bournemouth on a season long loan after a successful loan with the Cherries last season.
  • LAboog4
    Moving Iwobi and bringing in Abraham is great business. Both players have potential but need new teams to reach their peaks.
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 29
    I really like Tammy a lot. Realistically, I didn't see him staying at Chelsea anyway. I'm really enjoying the way this Arsenal squad has changed its face.

I'm also glad Iwobi is out. He's a solid player, but I feel he's been taking up a spot on the roster which could easily be filled by more prolific goal-scoring winger. Can't disagree with any of the signings so far.
  • subpop
    The last couple of performances weren't as impressive as the previous ones, but still good.

I join other mates in their opinion on the signings. It is always difficult to have a perfect team, but now this Arsenal seem ready for the season.
  • Ashy
    9728 posts League Winner
    Abraham returning to England is good to see, I do rate him but IRL but he needs the game time to succeed, now he is established in your save he could play a vital part in pushing Arsenal to become title challengers.
  • JoshDFC
    Moving Iwobi and bringing in Abraham is great business. Both players have potential but need new teams to reach their peaks.

Abraham will be a good back up to Belotti
    I really like Tammy a lot. Realistically, I didn't see him staying at Chelsea anyway. I'm really enjoying the way this Arsenal squad has changed its face.

I'm also glad Iwobi is out. He's a solid player, but I feel he's been taking up a spot on the roster which could easily be filled by more prolific goal-scoring winger. Can't disagree with any of the signings so far.

The signings have been what we needed Iwobi had no chance of playing with the wingers we had Sessegnon Oyarzabal, Nelson and Lodeiro are all above him and Bergwijn has been impressive in pre season
    The last couple of performances weren't as impressive as the previous ones, but still good.

I join other mates in their opinion on the signings. It is always difficult to have a perfect team, but now this Arsenal seem ready for the season.

I feel the performance against Athletic Bilbao was disappointing as we scored before they could touch the ball and then stopped playing. Bayern was a tough test and to draw with them and miss the better chances shows we can compete
    Abraham returning to England is good to see, I do rate him but IRL but he needs the game time to succeed, now he is established in your save he could play a vital part in pushing Arsenal to become title challengers.

It is back up players who can make the biggest difference. He will be given game time and I feel he can score goals but I don't know if he can take the place of Belotti
  • DB1512
    Really like the signings of Abraham, I also look forward to use him within my Chelsea career. I think he can be the perfect back up striker for topteams, with his pace he will be very dangerous when the spaces are bigger at the end of the game.