Why does this feel so different then the demo??

Comments

• yasendi
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is not Fifa 18 for sure. The game is now tougher and reward Physics more. With difficulty in passing (which I appreciate) playing high pressure is proven very effective. I felt trapped at defense many times yesterday. It feels different than the demo yes but it is not as easy as Fifa 18. The ruining patch did not come yet. I guess it is in the kitchen.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    yasendi wrote: »
    This is not Fifa 18 for sure. The game is now tougher and reward Physics more. With difficulty in passing (which I appreciate) playing high pressure is proven very effective. I felt trapped at defense many times yesterday. It feels different than the demo yes but it is not as easy as Fifa 18. The ruining patch did not come yet. I guess it is in the kitchen.

Well the game doesn't launch until the 28th, so no doubt EA is just standing there stirring the pot.
  • yasendi
    edited September 2018
    JAB69 wrote: »

Well the game doesn't launch until the 28th, so no doubt EA is just standing there stirring the pot.

I am playing Early access. I am assuming it is the final product as it was released only last night on PS4. I expect patch next week
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero

Difficult passing? it’s assisted and not difficult at all, and after playing yesterday it feels like the same old UT to me. Not sure maybe people are used to playing the high speed of UT that they notice even a minuscule reduction in pace as a big difference.
  • yasendi
    I will try to explain. Sometime my 4 defenders are really surrounded by STs and CAMs that makes passing the ball to my CDMs are really challenging. That happens in real live however at stamina cost. Not sure if this applies in Fifa
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    BistroXII wrote: »

Difficult passing? it’s assisted and not difficult at all, and after playing yesterday it feels like the same old UT to me. Not sure maybe people are used to playing the high speed of UT that they notice even a minuscule reduction in pace as a big difference.

Is it called passing when your teammates never run towards the ball?
  • china2991
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    game is very easy to create and score.
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not sure if this is the final version or not, but the pace seems pretty damn fast in the Switch version
    https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/09/25/fifa-19-switch-review?watch
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    i do not know what game you are playing ,but the game is no different from the demo. You were playing the AI in the demo, now you are playing humans, the competition just got harder
  • ScorePlayer
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    i do not know what game you are playing ,but the game is no different from the demo. You were playing the AI in the demo, now you are playing humans, the competition just got harder

Not true, I also played against my friend in the demo as you can do that offline and in Ps4 Share Play even online. The pace was just the same as against A.I. And we’re both division 1 players in previous games and won league titles in division 1. The difference is clear between the demo and full version.
  • Toronto1982
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    JAB69 wrote: »
    The best thing out of all is that EA made everyone pay for the beta. That's the biggest money grab yet. The early access was nothing but a beta so EA could fix a lot of the problems with FIFA 19 and we paid, so the jokes on us. Not to call some people stupid but the full game is nothing like the demo. If you don't think there's a difference, you need to get your eyes checked.

isn't that what early access always is, a game that's not quite complete yet.
    EA didn't force you to buy it a week early
  • AircoolUK
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, it's more like watching top level professionals playing 4th Division style football.

So much for the patient build up and waiting for a time to strike... just hoof it up the pitch to the big man who knocks it down to the fast little man and scores.
  • china2991 wrote: »
    game is very easy to create and score.

Do you play on manual settings?
  • isn't that what early access always is, a game that's not quite complete yet.
    EA didn't force you to buy it a week early

This is what will be released on 28th. If you preordered good luck getting a refund because you've downloaded and played it. Early access is just an incentive to get you to preorder. It's not a beta and not saying that the release day product will be different.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not true, I also played against my friend in the demo as you can do that offline and in Ps4 Share Play even online. The pace was just the same as against A.I. And we’re both division 1 players in previous games and won league titles in division 1. The difference is clear between the demo and full version.

I've noticed some minor differences between the demo and the full game but I think the main issue is I want to play longer matches in the full version and I can't because there's too many goals. I was already scoring and conceding too many in the short matches in the demo but I'd hoped that over a longer match time EA would boost the errors to balance the game over a longer match time.

I don't particularly want to play shorter games. I've always played 8 to 10 minute games and it's about right for me to really savour the experience of each game rather than blast out an entire season in a week.

Any ideas for how to reduce the number of goals?

(I've started playing around with sliders)