Why does this feel so different then the demo??

NYCDYNAMIX
121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Honestly, the demo plays and feels totally different then the early access (full version). I was addicted to the demo, just kept playing it over and over... The movement, the player runs the ai would make, the passes you wanted to make actually came off. Slow build up gameplay that felt rewarding for actually reading the game and making smart plays.

Now what the hell happened to this game? this access feels like Fifa 18 all over again. Fast, frantic, 99 stamina rush counter attacks for 90 min, this is all it is. Ai act mentally slow, make no runs when attack anymore. Oh but the Ai defends and blocks any shot you take though lol. What the hell are we playing here? EASY passes don't even go through anymore.... None of this was in the demo.

Wasn't it mentioned that the full version was going to be even better the demo? Please don't tell me from the time the demo was created (which is an old build) to this full version (newest build) they have reverted back to 18. I swear...

Comments

• ScorePlayer
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    I haven’t got the full version yet as I’m on Ps4 and probably won’t now either. The demo felt fantastic because of the reasons you mentioned(slow, realistic build up play) but today I saw an online season video on youtube and it seems like they have done exactly what they did last year after the first patch. Looks so arcadey and fast.

Having played from Fifa 08 actively I can tell even without playing the full version that the gameplay is totally speed up from the demo.

• NYCDYNAMIX
    I haven’t got the full version yet as I’m on Ps4 and probably won’t now either. The demo felt fantastic because of the reasons you mentioned(slow, realistic build up play) but today I saw an online season video on youtube and it seems like they have done exactly what they did last year after the first patch. Looks so arcadey and fast.

It's horrific!! This is like 18 or worst, just speedy counter attacks left and right to the point you don't know what the hell is going on in the screen! @EACoreySA did you trick us all with this demo just so we can buy the full game??? This is Fifa 18 all over again! C'mon man! When are we going to end this whole bs?? I was going to 100% purchase it after the demo, and now after playing hours and hours on the early access, that's a hell no from me.
  • Daytona73
    53 posts Park Captain
    I'm still undecided, one minute I think it's great then next game I think it's rubbish, definitely not like the demo.
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Demo is usually never the same as initial release version because demo is often based on an older version.

However, don't put off FIFA 19 just yet, the pace is spot on, but has a few bugs which could get fixed in time. EA did say they're not touching pace (at least not yet), but we will see if they keep their word or cave in to their shareholders like they always do.
  • Pwalie86
    1229 posts Professional
    I'm on career mode on Fifa 19 and all the AI does is attack down the flanks. Nothing in the centre. Every goal is from a cross.

I've been playing Fifa 17 for the past 2 years and the AI score from all angles.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Demo is usually never the same as initial release version because demo is often based on an older version.

However, don't put off FIFA 19 just yet, the pace is spot on, but has a few bugs which could get fixed in time. EA did say they're not touching pace (at least not yet), but we will see if they keep their word or cave in to their shareholders like they always do.

If the demo is an older version or someones FIFA dream, I want that version. I've been playing the FIFA 19 demo like a mad man, I thought that EA had pegged it this year, wrong!
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oops. Just bought the game....Hope you're wrong......
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    Oops. Just bought the game....Hope you're wrong......

If you want the updated roster and online play, great. If not, hurry and get a refund. I just keep playing the demo like crazy and I'm loving every match. Can't part a fool and his money, right? LOL!
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    fooled me last year I won't fall for it again
  • MaldinisHeir
    JAB69 wrote: »
    If you want the updated roster and online play, great. If not, hurry and get a refund. I just keep playing the demo like crazy and I'm loving every match. Can't part a fool and his money, right? LOL!

It's not really an option I'm afraid as I need access to my team, Milan, and Career Mode. I can't just play the same variation of fixtures over and over again!
  • MaldinisHeir
    Truthurts wrote: »
    fooled me last year I won't fall for it again

Didn't fool me last year, get to fool me every second year!
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    My question is, why did EA make the demo so good. Then say, this is the piece of junk over here that you get for your $60.00 or $100.00?
  • MaldinisHeir
    JAB69 wrote: »
    My question is, why did EA make the demo so good. Then say, this is the piece of junk over here that you get for your $60.00 or $100.00?

Oh I hear you. It'll be really frustrating if what you say is true about the main game (and I don't doubt it).

Does it have anything to do with the different half lengths?

I usually play 8-10 min halves. Does that make the game worse?
  • NYCDYNAMIX
    It's just night and day difference, and the ones that say it's the same or better as the demo, delusional. I was ADDICTED to the demo, I was excited as hell cause I realized I would play this game through the whole year, didn't care if I lost or won as it was enjoyable. Now this full version is the total opposite! Nothing like the demo. Go try it for yourselves! This is supposed to be the newer final build?? It's just like 18.

90 minutes of counter attack, bad tackles, glued on balls, random fouls/penalities, crossing OP, corner crosses with bicycle kicks that go in 99% of the time. Takes no build up, just RB pass all the way forward and you are good.
  • Wi1son73
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    This could be the first time that I have no desire to buy the full game! Far to many bugs, ridiculous rebounds, one min it feels even with both opponents finding it hard to score, to within 3 mins your opponent scores three goals. AI goes to ****
  • MaldinisHeir
    edited September 2018
    @ NYCDYNAMIX

Phew. I was worried there'd be less penalties and fouls!

I don't why people complain about randomness. Randomness is key. When you go to the park and kick a ball around you're not in total control no matter how much you tell yourself that that 1/100 shot that you scored was all down to your skill!

I did notice even the demo that there were a few too many bicycle kicks from corners. In my head they're just goals from corners and I will pretend they're not bicycle kicks. I do that a lot with football games.

I even pretend that a different player scored when a player pops up in the wrong position. In one PES version I treated every time I intercepted a GK pass as a penalty since there were none in the game!

My imagination will always be better than whatever the developers can produce. I just need them to give me a challenge!
  • deang07
    8065 posts League Winner
    NYCDYNAMIX wrote: »
    Honestly, the demo plays and feels totally different then the early access (full version). I was addicted to the demo, just kept playing it over and over... The movement, the player runs the ai would make, the passes you wanted to make actually came off. Slow build up gameplay that felt rewarding for actually reading the game and making smart plays.

Now what the hell happened to this game? this access feels like Fifa 18 all over again. Fast, frantic, 99 stamina rush counter attacks for 90 min, this is all it is. Ai act mentally slow, make no runs when attack anymore. Oh but the Ai defends and blocks any shot you take though lol. What the hell are we playing here? EASY passes don't even go through anymore.... None of this was in the demo.

Wasn't it mentioned that the full version was going to be even better the demo? Please don't tell me from the time the demo was created (which is an old build) to this full version (newest build) they have reverted back to 18. I swear...

i dont agree with all your points and it certainly aint 18 again but, the demo is offline freindlys the full game online and especially fut id always different.
  • Kitcho77
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    Agree they changed some things but saying it's nothing like the demo hahaha you can't be serious

It's the most fun I have had on fifa in years. Still needs a few tweaks but 10 times better than 18.
  • Wi1son73
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    I totally disagree! I didn’t mind 18, hated 17..
    It’s just seems impossible to bring out a fifa that suits everyone!

Though give it a week after release and the patches will appear! So this game what we’re all playing isn’t going to be the same after it’s fully released.
  • I don't agree that the early access version is faster than demo, and I've played the demo a lot and almost all 10 hours of the early access version so I have a decent amount of game time to evaluate. I feel that the early access version is slightly different but not in terms of speed, balance or weight of the ball/players. I actually like the early access version better, it feels more like a complete package gameplay wise. Just to clarify...I'm a long time PES-player that has felt that the earlier FIFA games are far too arcadey, I always favor a slower, more tactical and true to life football game experience. And as it stands now, I am extremely happy with the way the early access version plays.

Best regards
  • ScorePlayer
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People seem to have various opinions about this game. The demo felt awesome. On Ps4 the ”early access” versions open in some hours. If I knew the final game was slow, realistic and tactical I would feel tempted to buy it now(release at midnight?). But right now I’m super doubtful that it’s totally different from the demo(which has happened before)🤔
  • Kitcho77 wrote: »
    Agree they changed some things but saying it's nothing like the demo hahaha you can't be serious

It's the most fun I have had on fifa in years. Still needs a few tweaks but 10 times better than 18.

I completely agree
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    The best thing out of all is that EA made everyone pay for the beta. That's the biggest money grab yet. The early access was nothing but a beta so EA could fix a lot of the problems with FIFA 19 and we paid, so the jokes on us. Not to call some people stupid but the full game is nothing like the demo. If you don't think there's a difference, you need to get your eyes checked.
  • Let's agree to disagree
  • Butatista wrote: »
    I don't agree that the early access version is faster than demo, and I've played the demo a lot and almost all 10 hours of the early access version so I have a decent amount of game time to evaluate. I feel that the early access version is slightly different but not in terms of speed, balance or weight of the ball/players. I actually like the early access version better, it feels more like a complete package gameplay wise. Just to clarify...I'm a long time PES-player that has felt that the earlier FIFA games are far too arcadey, I always favor a slower, more tactical and true to life football game experience. And as it stands now, I am extremely happy with the way the early access version plays.

Best regards

I've been playing for five days on Origin Premier and it's a vastly different game from the demo and not really different from FIFA 18. That goes double for FUT games, which is clearly the focus and most problematic in terms of gameplay, "randomness" and the stakes involved. The demo was quantifiably different in terms of speed, gameplay and overall feel. I've just sat here playing FUT today and I'm entirely disillusioned with the AI playing it down the middle and literally watching my players have their feet pass straight through the ball and goalkeepers' limbs bend out of the way.

This isn't even a new game. It's a contractually obligated revenue earner. There's literally one major change with timed shots and it's for the worse. The rest is just the same frustrating grab bag of glitches and suspicious play wrapped in loot boxes like the rest of them.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2018
    sifty wrote: »
    Butatista wrote: »
    I don't agree that the early access version is faster than demo, and I've played the demo a lot and almost all 10 hours of the early access version so I have a decent amount of game time to evaluate. I feel that the early access version is slightly different but not in terms of speed, balance or weight of the ball/players. I actually like the early access version better, it feels more like a complete package gameplay wise. Just to clarify...I'm a long time PES-player that has felt that the earlier FIFA games are far too arcadey, I always favor a slower, more tactical and true to life football game experience. And as it stands now, I am extremely happy with the way the early access version plays.

Best regards

I've been playing for five days on Origin Premier and it's a vastly different game from the demo and not really different from FIFA 18. That goes double for FUT games, which is clearly the focus and most problematic in terms of gameplay, "randomness" and the stakes involved. The demo was quantifiably different in terms of speed, gameplay and overall feel. I've just sat here playing FUT today and I'm entirely disillusioned with the AI playing it down the middle and literally watching my players have their feet pass straight through the ball and goalkeepers' limbs bend out of the way.

This isn't even a new game. It's a contractually obligated revenue earner. There's literally one major change with timed shots and it's for the worse. The rest is just the same frustrating grab bag of glitches and suspicious play wrapped in loot boxes like the rest of them.

I can't understand why EA put out such a super demo, then said let's just use the old programming. Also yeah, I've always loved the ghost legs, or when the CPU A.I. uses it's arms and hands to bring down a ball. The CPU A.I. jumps higher has long legs and will nerf a maxed out pass to make it go twenty feet right to the A.I., the list goes on and on. LOL, two more, the one CPU A.I. defender that's always undefended or when your defenders move out of the way so that the CPU A.I. can run straight at your keeper to score. I'm not buying this or Battlefield, just going to save my $60.00 for November 14th.
  • I bought it and love it.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    I should have called them ghost legs, because the ball goes right through you legs when defending against the CPU's A.I.
    Kitcho77 wrote: »
    I bought it and love it.

Great, come back and tell me how much you love FIFA 19 after the first big patch. Because the FIFA you are playing right now on early access is a full beta. Maybe they won't mess things up, but then again we're talking about EA.
  • I know what EA are known for I felt the change in 18 from the demo but even though some things are different from the 19 demo it's still the most fun I have had in a while. I guarantee EA will change the game to please the $$$Online players they do every year, that's the reason they put sliders in the game.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    Kitcho77 wrote: »
    I know what EA are known for I felt the change in 18 from the demo but even though some things are different from the 19 demo it's still the most fun I have had in a while. I guarantee EA will change the game to please the $$$Online players they do every year, that's the reason they put sliders in the game.

The FIFA 19 demo is like something from PES or 2K. I just can't understand why EA doesn't run with the demo ball while they have a chance. The FIFA 19 demo is the best thing that EA has ever made, period.