A very interesting video...

uhMaZiiNq
11278 posts Has That Special Something
Came across this on twitter and what do you guys think? Something seems very off

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    69450 posts Moderator
    Great video
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    So either EA messed something up with how pace works in game or it’s working exactly as intended and they wanted there to be a very minor difference between fast players and slow players. People said they wanted a wider variety of players to be usable and this does make that happen
  • Carswell
    8166 posts League Winner
    That actually is very interesting. I noticed my Gelson Martins couldn’t really get away from my opponent’s Rooney earlier and it was a bit frustrating.

Still rather be able to use a bunch of slower players effectively but seems like they could have at least made it a bit more realistic without going overboard.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    Gotta be tough for them to find a balance. If you go too far in one direction, then pace is too powerful and anybody below 70 pace will never be touched. Too far the other way and everyone with 90+ pace just gets ran down by everyone. It’s gotta be difficult to get that balance right.

There’s also a difference between running with and without the ball. And I believe if you have the ball, balance, dribbling and maybe even ball control effect how fast a player can run as well.
  • P
    7499 posts League Winner
    Well Hughes is an icon.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8192 posts League Winner
    I like the way pace is now, it’s a huge change and for the better imo
  • Carswell
    8166 posts League Winner
    I like the way pace is now, it’s a huge change and for the better imo

Agree with this tbh I quite like it.
  • Mr. Soper
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    humans can only run so fast. people think just because someone is fast they should move twice as fast as someone else. But its not how the world works. Like how they have it
  • Orison
    47567 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    humans can only run so fast. people think just because someone is fast they should move twice as fast as someone else. But its not how the world works. Like how they have it

You didn't really watch that video, did you?
  • WFCBagnall
    69450 posts Moderator

So a 38 year old Aaron Hughes with 24 pace is only very slightly slower, 2mph in that case, than Kylian Mbappe, who is the quickest player on the game?
  • Mr. Soper
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    yup every dog has his day, hughes maybe can get one good sprint in a game. I remember rooney last year on Man U was clocked with the fastest pace by a player that season, FUT rating pace was in the 70s I think.
  • Orison
    47567 posts FIFA Cover Star
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

So a 38 year old Aaron Hughes with 24 pace is only very slightly slower, 2mph in that case, than Kylian Mbappe, who is the quickest player on the game?

I mean the guy even talks about how some PL players can hit over 20mph and then this guy posts "humans can only run so fast" when Fifa 19's Mbappe is doing 14mph :joy:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

I mean the guy even talks about how some PL players can hit over 20mph and then this guy posts "humans can only run so fast" when Fifa 19's Mbappe is doing 14mph :joy:

You're talking crazy tbh
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Aaron Hughes is a god.
  • Craigb276
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I give it 2 months before all the casual players moan about pace and they patch it back to the normal OP pace meta we are use too.

In the mean time high rated slow players for cheap coins will be my new meta!
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting, but the test would need to be done without the ball as well.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    Bit of a flawed vid imo. He talks about sanes speed IRL compared to fifa. If that is 14.6MPH and he would expect them to run at another 10MPH faster, they’ll be able to run the length of the pitch in like 6 seconds? Stupid in Fifa terms
  • EddieFicio
    21259 posts Club Captain
    I sold Salah because his main draw is the pace.. But it's moot because he can't outpace anyone.
  • Antiversum
    5763 posts Big Money Move
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Bit of a flawed vid imo. He talks about sanes speed IRL compared to fifa. If that is 14.6MPH and he would expect them to run at another 10MPH faster, they’ll be able to run the length of the pitch in like 6 seconds? Stupid in Fifa terms

GTFO with arguments.
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

That was a daft point yeah, Sane won't have had the ball most of the time when clicked irl.
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    That statement was incorrect, yes.

Doesn't change the fact that pace is basically irrelevant now, because the difference between the fastest and the slowest is minimal. What about when playing with Messi against Chielini or something like that? You just can't outrun anyone anymore if this doesn't get patched.

I'm all for slower gameplay, that's why I love FIFA19. But I want to be rewarded when I send the perfect throughball and not getting to walk in the mud so his defender can keep up with me.
  • Rb10119
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    I sold Salah because his main draw is the pace.. But it's moot because he can't outpace anyone.

Same with Mertens
  • Knowlesdinho
    10072 posts Has That Special Something
    From the limited time I’ve played, it seems that the ai makes more intelligent movement, so it seems that you need to use space better this year.

I just need to get the shooting nailed, and I think I’ll enjoy this.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move

Doesn't change the fact that pace is basically irrelevant now, because the difference between the fastest and the slowest is minimal. What about when playing with Messi against Chielini or something like that? You just can't outrun anyone anymore if this doesn't get patched.

I'm all for slower gameplay, that's why I love FIFA19. But I want to be rewarded when I send the perfect throughball and not getting to walk in the mud so his defender can keep up with me.

Ofc you’ll be rewarded for the perfect through ball, because your player will be almost at full speed vs a flat footed defender. It hasn’t changed the fact that 1-2s are still key because your players are using their acceleration
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional

Ofc you’ll be rewarded for the perfect through ball, because your player will be almost at full speed vs a flat footed defender. It hasn’t changed the fact that 1-2s are still key because your players are using their acceleration

This is less true that you might think. Have had dozens of situations where pace seemed off balance. Quick players such as Mbappe, CR7, Bale, etc don't have the blistering pace they should be having.

It's no gamebreaker though, but they went overboard with adjusting pace. They should find the middle ground and then the game is absolutely perfect.
  • Th3 UK Smurf
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m personally a fan of this change! I’ve always been a tactical player and this year so far I’m liking the gameplay to a point where I have to utilise the space on the pitch.... rather than ping pong... through ball... goal
  • Tsarov
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Oh, that's why I enjoy Ibra so much. He's outstanding.
  • Tsarov
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    From the limited time I’ve played, it seems that the ai makes more intelligent movement, so it seems that you need to use space better this year.

I just need to get the shooting nailed, and I think I’ll enjoy this.

This. I've tried 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and it wasn't the greatest choice. Then I switched to 4-2-2 or sometimes 4-2-4 and my performance improved noticeably.
  • LukakuMUFC
    1984 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should try IF Hazard vs any other player. Guy runs 80 yards in 6 seconds
  • Simmo
    3459 posts National Call-Up
    Craigb276 wrote: »
    I give it 2 months before all the casual players moan about pace and they patch it back to the normal OP pace meta we are use too.

In the mean time high rated slow players for cheap coins will be my new meta!
    It's not just the casuals, a lot of the "good" players rely on pace.