Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Community Career Mode Wishlist

Comments

• SL7777
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Lots of good ideas on this wishlist, but to be realistic we can't expect too much changes. I mean some of the stuff is complicated and they would probably need to reprogram the whole thing to overhaul everything. EA may be rich but they time and resources are probably limited also. So my wishlist will be bit more simpler and easier to do as part of the stuff is already in the game.

1) Press - they are spam now, boring and add nothing of value to the game. Should be done like in the Journey (not after every game or it would become a chore again...), with every answer meaning something. 1 one team morale, -1 morale, or team spirit or something similar.

2) Coaches - add them like scouts, 1 to 5 stars. Better the coach better the training effect. Easy to add. Allow to pick from more then 5.

3) Regen visuals - regens look should have more variety. You have like 100 hairstyles in the game but use only few common for youth players. Boring and always the same. If you don't want to waste time on re-programming how they are created...allow editing. To make it more interesting let's say you can edit only after their overall is over some point. Example: youth player signed, look common. Train his OVR to 70 allow to change hairstyle, boots, etc. OVR 74+ allow adding tattoo, etc.

4) Manager creation. No explanation needed. Imperative and easy to add.

5) Create a club - everything is already in the game with pro clubs. Allow to use the option for offline play. And maybe allow jpeg import so you can use custom logos. Imperative addition for next year.
    I like to play realistic as possible and probably would never add created club to Prem, but would enjoy the option to create a team for MLS (expansion teams, very popular atm).

6) Stadium build and upgrades. Imperative, actually I don't see a reason to buy the game next year without this option. This would add longevity and additional motive to play career mode longer as you need time to build the stadium. Also, this would make almost every club in the game fun to play with.

Then some minor tweaks and additions:
    7) MLS international cup - you put effort to make broadcast package, add ATL stadium etc, and the league is fun to play but becomes boring soon beacause you can't play international cups. Ultimate goal of mls teams is to break the ice and win it against MEX teams. If you can't add Concacaf, just add MLS-MEX cup as custom cup.
    Also more transfer activity in mls as they don't buy anybody at all. Ruins the MLS career mode after one season.

8) Sort your weather - no snow in april. No snow on state of the art stadiums.

To conclude, most of the stuff on the wishlist is already in the game (Journey press, create a club in pro clubs, player editor) and should be easy to get done. Only one big new feature is stadium editor option, but you had this on your games before also, so... what's the problem? To repeat, stadium editor is imperative feature and I personally don't see a reason to buy the game next year without it. I know you won't cry over it if I don't buy the game...but it's a feedback.
  • MaldinisHeir
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    “Lots of good ideas on this wishlist, but to be realistic we can't expect too much changes.”

I don’t think anything I’ve suggested is remotely unrealistic. Basically the main thing I’ve asked for is to remove all of the unnecessary restrictions in the game so that we can edit it properly.

This is the opposite of demanding eg a better transfer system. I’m saying “don’t worry about creating some new program that does better transfers, just give us the ability to do or undo the transfers for the computer.”

I don’t actually need very much for a career mode. Just the basic foundations that allow me to take over a club and play combined competitions. But I also really need freedom to edit. Because I and most other people will notice things I like and dislike and I need to be able to change it. The worst thing about Career Mode is seeing mistakes and not being able to change them. Like the Super Cup being at the wrong time, like the wrong CPU transfers, like wrong match day squad sizes, like having to do those stupid, unrealistic training and pre-season games etc.

These are the reasons I don’t play it. It’s too restrictive.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    “Lots of good ideas on this wishlist, but to be realistic we can't expect too much changes.”

I don’t think anything I’ve suggested is remotely unrealistic. Basically the main thing I’ve asked for is to remove all of the unnecessary restrictions in the game so that we can edit it properly.

This is the opposite of demanding eg a better transfer system. I’m saying “don’t worry about creating some new program that does better transfers, just give us the ability to do or undo the transfers for the computer.”

I don’t actually need very much for a career mode. Just the basic foundations that allow me to take over a club and play combined competitions. But I also really need freedom to edit. Because I and most other people will notice things I like and dislike and I need to be able to change it. The worst thing about Career Mode is seeing mistakes and not being able to change them. Like the Super Cup being at the wrong time, like the wrong CPU transfers, like wrong match day squad sizes, like having to do those stupid, unrealistic training and pre-season games etc.

These are the reasons I don’t play it. It’s too restrictive.

Let me get this right. If you played career mode and wanted to sign a particular player, but some other club got him first, then you would like to be able to "undo" their transfer, so that you could get him instead? Do I understand you correctly?

In my opinion, there is not much game left if you can control everything.

Post edited by Steffolovitch on
  • SL7777
    11 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018

I didn't quote anybody in particular, was just talking in general...there were little changes or none to career mode in the past few years so I can't see EA putting too much effort to overhaul everything. For example playable youth leagues, UEFA coefficients, etc.

But create a club and stadium editor is possible and would be big additions. They have those options in their other games like NFL and NHL, they know how to do it, so...
    With few minor fixes and tweaks career mode can be much more interesting.

To add 2 minor things:
    1) Players armbands should change color when they transfer to another club. Example: Reus has yellow armbands and even if gets transferred to Man Utd they stay yellow. Should change color to red or black, depends on the kit color.

2) In create a club you should have a option to start with completely empty roster. I don't want 18 regens in my new team. Zero players, fixed budget and go from scratch...
    For MLS created club should be used like an expansion team, instead of changing places with another club.
  • when is the new squad updates coming? i want to start a new career mode but im waiting for the next squad update
  • MaldinisHeir
    Let me get this right. If you played career mode and wanted to sign a particular player, but some other club got him first, then you would like to be able to "undo" their transfer, so that you could get him instead? Do I understand you correctly?

a) there’s this thing called self-control
    b) I can already go to edit mode outside the game before I start Career Mode and sign Ronaldo to Burnley
    c) it’s single player so why does it matter?
    d) if you can’t exercise self-control you can switch off the option;
    e) the game already lets you make ridiculous transfers like signing martial with Leeds
    f) the computer’s transfers are terrible with teams signing multiple right backs.

Enough reasons?
  • I always get the feeling that EA don’t really care too much about FIFA. I have played other games by EA - NBA 2K18 and the game is amazing to play. The depth and detail of the career mode is amazing and enables the player to completely immerse themselves into the life of an NBA coach/GM. Regrettably the same cannot be said for FIFA and for the life of me I cannot understand why. As seen in recent financial studies - the 3 highest grossing football teams in the world generate a higher income individually than the the entire NBA organisation (Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid). This would perhaps suggest that football is a more influential and sought after game and thus you would expect EA to concentrate more of their time and energy on developing FIFA as opposed to NBA. Career mode is desperate for a complete overhaul. It has not changed in many years. Beyond the most basic and simple tweaks the game is the same as it was 5 years ago. The idea of creating a career with your favourite team should allow the player to immerse themselves into the life of a football manager, with it would come all of the day to day going ons expected within a professional football club. For example:

1) Interactive and dynamic training drills which you can take part in which in turn affect the way the team plays in games.

2) Interactive and exciting negotiations on existing and new sponsorship deals for the clubs main and secondary strip sponsors (Nike, Adidas, Chevrolet, Emirates) which would in turn transfer into the game and onto the strip for the upcoming seasons.

3) Allowing the user to create a manager or even better to use an existing or an unemployed manager from a list of available candidates (Pep Guardiola, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho).

4) More detail and involvement in player transfers:
    - Talk about players in press conferences.
    - Use media to unsettle a player and make him want to join your club.
    - Effects of the above may cause the player to lose interest in playing for their current club, reduction in form, resentment of current manager, eventual transfer listing of the player.
    - Players requesting to join your club.
    - Agents offering their players to other clubs.
    - Active bidding on players between multiple clubs which allows for the fee to increase.
    - Players tendency to re-join or on the contrary resent joining their former clubs (example Paul Pogba - Manchester United > Juventus > Manchester United)
    - More accurate and realistic AI transfers.
    - Reduction/moderation on AI transfer activity as it sometimes becomes monotonous and un-realistic.
    - More detail in transfer/contract negotiations for example - automatic 1 year extension, buy back clause, yearly wage increase, top earner clause, transfer fee instalments etc.
    - More variety and interaction involving all of the above within detailed and varied cut scenes to keep the process exciting and emmersive.

5) Ability to re-train a player into a different position (for example Gareth Bale from left back to then play left wing to then eventually settle at right wing) and with it evolving with new traits and abilities for the desired position.

6) Improvment to stadiums. For example you may begin a career with a League 1 team who hold a maximum capacity of 5,000. This would need to be increased as the team climbs through the divisions. If promotion to the Premier League is secured it would be totally un-realistic to retain use of the 5,000 seater stadium. A new stadium would need to be built or perhaps new stands added to the existing ground. Involvement and planning/design of the new stadium would add a new and exciting side to the career mode journey.

7) More involvement with media. Interactive and exciting press conferences whereby many various questions may be asked which in turn allows the player to develop either a well mannered, polite and open media style or on the contrast a brash, hostile and aggressive media style. This would in turn impact the way players either respect and fear you or neglect your position of authority and may even go as far as organising a coup or a revolt against you in order to push you out of the club.

8) More interaction with players, staff and boardroom members.
    - Ability to talk to players individually on a regular basis to improve loyalty and rapport as well as delivery bad news such as transfer listing or non-involvement in future squad plans.
    - Ability to talk to staff and request certain tasks be carried out.
    - Ability to talk with board about requests such as improved transfer budget, stadium improvement, sponsorship change, personal contact terms.

9) Pre- match and post-match cut scenes where football pundits can analyse game and talk about players and teams. They do this in NBA with Shaquille O’Neal as one of the pundits so this is surely something which could be added to FIFA.

10) Better commentary. The commentators on FIFA are completely dull and show no variation in their analysis of games. A variation of different commentators would add a new and interesting side to things and also a massive increase to the amount of conversations and discussion which may take place between the commentators during games is an absolute must.

11) Kit modification. As seasons conclude an option to keep the game appealing and fresh would be the ability to re-design or make small adjustments to the design of the teams kits. Also as a side note - regular options to play teams such as Manchester United in either black or white shorts is way overdue and would prevent occasional kit clashes.

12) Player hair styles or facial hair. The ability to modify a players image would add further appeal and freshness to the game which would prevent the game from becoming boring and repetitive.

13) Players automatically updating their boots. The game should automatically update a players boots when a new pair become available.

14) Head scans. The game lacks the required number of head scans. There are many players who either do not represent their real life appearance I.e generic faces or their in game image is out of date and requires an update. For example - Romelu Lukaku and Sergio Aguero (2 of the best strikers in the world) desperately require an update. Also new premier league players such as Jorginho and Fabinho currently have generic faces. The game should be on top of this area and should provide frequent updates. Having the game be released in September but not having all required head scan added until November is not good enough.

15) The game itself is also considerably in-perfect and requires various improvements.

16) Lastly - allowing Konami to gain exclusive rights to Barcelona football club, the teams head scans, use of the Nou Camp is completely unacceptable and is an absolute sham. EA should do everything in their power to prevent exclusive deals such as this occurring. Barcelona are one of, if not the biggest club in world football and to have the clubs stadium missing from the game is outrageous. This needs fixing as a matter of priority.

I would be extremely pleased and satisfied (as a FIFA customer of almost 20 years) if someone got back to me on this matter and if answers could be provided on whether or not the topics detailed above could be implemented into next years edition of the game.

I look forward to hearing a reply.
    Dan
  • 1. Create a manager - I'm tired of the generic models they keep presenting us, let us make our own managers when starting a career, even bring game face back! Let us be able to edit the face, hair, appearance etc.
    2. Create a team - A bit far out, admittedly, but why not be able to create a team that starts in League 2 for example, gives us a generic squad and let us create the name, stadium, kit, badge etc. I'm sure this would be a very popular feature if implemented!
    3. Improve Youth Player Names - I hate how in every Fifa they have a select number of names for youth players when you're scouting them, I see the same names ALL THE TIME, especially when i have a career with an English team so almost always have a scout in England. When creating a player there is a vast list of names that you can get a commentator to say so why cant these be used, also you have all the names that current players have so why cant these be used too? Also why do spanish youth players and regens have 4 names? why cant they have two like most players? I understand that in reality most spanish players have multiple names but most are known by two.
    4. Have Youth Players names be said by commentators - Im quite far through a current career mode and more and more of my team are youth players, but when they have the ball the commentators dont say their name because that isnt a feature, its very annoying. This relates to the point above where there are hundreds of names which are in the game, a lot of which have commentators saying them because they're somewhat common, but this doesnt happen in career mode, if they cant do it themselves then give us the option to do it in the 'edit player' feature.
    5. Realistic Youth Player Stats - I find it very weird how youth players grow, half of my central midfielders have 90+ finishing within a season or two, despite probably scoring next to no goals. How does this player have higher finishing than my 89 rated striker? Also, the way physical stats grow is very unrealistic, for example, pace. Any young winger I scout has, on average, between 60-70 pace, why cant young players have 90 pace? its realistic, players dont get faster as they hit their prime, especially if they're gaining 20+ pace, the same goes for stamina and strength. These players will likely be in very good physical condition, so why cant they start with 80+ stamina? If i scouted a box-to-box midfield-type player, having 40 stamina is very unrealistic in my opinion.
    6. Older Players Stats - Players reaching their 30's seem to just disintegrate in Fifa, their stats always start to plummet, especially physical, whilst this can be the case, for top players this is unrealistic. Look at Ronaldo and Modric, both 33+ years of age and are in peak physical condition, if theyre playing well then why should their stats decrease so much? It should be based on performance, not age.
    7. Stats should increase by performance, not by sitting on the bench - This applies to all types of players, old players, young players, players in their prime etc. How players increase their stats should be based on performance, not how they are coded or programmed to grow. For example, if i had a 28 year old striker, rated 84, in fifa he would not grow regardless of whether he scored 0 goals a season or 40. If a player in real life scored 40 a season, his rating the next fifa would increase dramatically, so why cant this happen in career? A player can outgrow their predicted potential in real life so let them in the game!
    8. Loaning Players - When trying to loan out young players i shouldnt have to accept 20 offers before they finally decide to go, i am their manager and if i say they are going to be loaned to a certain team then thats what should happen
    9. Increase the duration of career mode - 15 seasons is not enough for a lot of players, many managers can manage for 30+ years so why cant we?
    10. Edit positions - If a players stats are more suited to a position which they cannot play, then why cant i play them there? Many players in real lif change their positions and become better players because of it, there should be an option to train players to chosen positions.
  • As Manager:
    - More possibilities to take new manager jobs at other clubs in other countries. Now its in the same country (you work when you start and the famous top teams (when you are successful enough), and with very few possibilities.

- To be able to take a new manager job in the beginning of a new season.

- New Jerseys: Either with spendings points/gold (in the catalogue, like in ultimate team) special designed shirts (as a 3rd or 4th team choice) or get a chance after each season to open up a new jersey/dress design or be able to design your own?

- To be able to change Jerseys and shorts/socks (there are opponents with similar colors).

- A larger name bank of created players in your academy.

- Possibilities to influence your academy.

- Possibilities to influence your economic situation or popularity more then buying and selling players or bringing in academy players.
  • Alastair wrote: »
    Game Changers, Content Creators and other FIFA Personalities Supporting The Wishlist:

@CareerModeStars_10 - Twitter
    Cutzy - Twitter/Youtube
    LFC_Patrick - Twitter/Twitch/Youtube
    @MGH - Twitter/Youtube
    Cani - Twitter/Youtube
    Sparring DK - Twitter/Youtube

If you're a Game Changer who wants to get involved drop me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

Yea put better boots on every youth player to come through, not the generic crap ones.
  • MaldinisHeir
    SL7777 wrote: »
    I didn't quote anybody in particular, was just talking in general...there were little changes or none to career mode in the past few years so I can't see EA putting too much effort to overhaul everything. For example playable youth leagues, UEFA coefficients, etc.

I agree and I think that’s why the focus needs to be on trying to go back to basics with career mode or even a tournament mode.

I actually think that not only are EA ignoring offline they’re actually taking positive steps to discourage offline play altogether and to “nudge” players towards the more lucrative online modes.

The offline modes are so restrictive that I find them unplayable. I actually only play exhibition mode games in FIFA and use Football Manager to generate seasons.

If we could go back to a really basic tournament mode that lets use edit as we go along then I’d take that. In the past I used to just play tournament modes and have one set up for the league, one for the cup and for Europe and just make up transfers and promotions and relegations. It was actually fine. Relying on the computer to do it is never going to work unless they put the work in like Football Managet.
  • Please fix the bug when the game crashes if there’s a game scheduled on the transfer deadline day
  • SL7777
    11 posts Ball Boy
    I agree and I think that’s why the focus needs to be on trying to go back to basics with career mode or even a tournament mode.

I actually think that not only are EA ignoring offline they’re actually taking positive steps to discourage offline play altogether and to “nudge” players towards the more lucrative online modes.
    Probably true. That's why asking too much might be counter productive. How? Who ever is the boss will sit with the devs and say: "ok guys, people are asking for this and that...is it possible and how much time do you need?" Dev will say: "I need to rewrite the whole thing to make it work, so with testing we are talking about months of work..."
    Boss will say to that: "Ok, forget about it, concentrate on FUT." That's it, say bye bye to changes.

While some stuff is simple to solve if they are not ignoring us. For example this armband color thing. Minor detail but... It takes two lines of code, I'll even give an example in pseudo code:
    class player.armband.color
    {
    player.armband.color == team.color1;
    }
    So if Reus goes to Man Utd his armband will change color to red (team's main color). United sell him to Werder it will change to green. Simple as that. With testing no more then 2 hours of work. And people ask for this for few years now.

Don't mind the little story there, anyway we need few basic features easy to implement:
    1) Create a club - already in the game, just need to unlock for use in offline mode!
    2) Create a manager - important but very simple to add.
    3) Stadium editor - ok, some work there but EA have this and NFL, NHL, and had this feature in their games years ago (very good on FIFA manager, brilliant in FA manager 2000).

Many people play this mode still and pay good money every year for it. So, no excuses ea, get it done.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018

a) there’s this thing called self-control
    b) I can already go to edit mode outside the game before I start Career Mode and sign Ronaldo to Burnley
    c) it’s single player so why does it matter?
    d) if you can’t exercise self-control you can switch off the option;
    e) the game already lets you make ridiculous transfers like signing martial with Leeds
    f) the computer’s transfers are terrible with teams signing multiple right backs.

Enough reasons?

I get your point. But I don't agree with you, not completely anyway.

A. I have started several career games with different teams now, and in every game I have been able to do unrealistic transfers, for instance to sign Rabiot or Martial on a free transfer, when playing with HSV in 2.Bundesliga. However, I have been able to resist the urge, so I do have self-control, but I was annoyed that it was possible. So I do not think that anything should be possible, I actually think the game should also be a challenge and have some realism involved.

B. When you do that, you cheat.

C. The same as A, even if it is just single player, it should still be a challenge in my opinion.

D. That would fix it.

E. Yeah, exactly my point, the amount of ridiculous transfers should be adressed. Both the ones you are able to do yourself, but also the ones the computer does.

F. The same as E.

To sum up, I think your idea gives us too many options to edit during a game and will remove some of the challenge a game could and should be.

However, there is an issue with the amount of ridiculous transfers, and that should really be fixed. But if not fixed, your idea could be a welcome workaround.

• Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    Reading about the ability to edit youth players and their names etc. gives me an idea. What if the whole academy-thing was totally different? For instance:

You receive an e-mail about a talent, your scout has found. His position is unclear, but he has some bars to show you what kind of player, he could be. One bar could be defensive vs offensive, and one could be central vs outer.

If the player's bar shows "outer" and "defensive", he will probably be best as a full back. Perhaps there could be other variations to show different types of players. Then you sign him up and decide to play him, for instance as a right back, in your youth team. Look at how you can switch between club team and national team in the menu. The same way you should be able to switch to your youth team. Players recovering from injuries could also play there from time to time, and if there is a first team player, who is not in your plans anymore, you can play him in the youth team on a regular basis. However, that would make him very mad and cause the media to adress the matter - but that's another story.

At some point you should also be able to select a name for your player, and not like now, where you can have three or four players in your academy with the exact same name! In stead you should have a variety of names to choose from or write one yourself. I you picked one of the proposed names, it should be - the surname at least - spoken by the commentators during matches. His appearance should also be for you to edit. Dark or light? What should his face look like? Lean or normal body type? In time he could propably develop from lean to normal or from normal to stocky, if you want him to. A 16 year old should not be stocky from the beginning. Then you should choose his hairstyle, facial hair, boots etc., short or long sleeves, winter gear, and all this should be editable during the whole game. At some point you should also be able to add tattoos, perhaps one after 10 first team games, one more after 25 and one more after 50? Or just to let it be free from the beginning? Or perhaps his wage could decide, when he could afford a new tattoo?

You should also be able to choose his preferred foot and make certain skills a priority for him to train. For instance to choose between pace and strength, or between dribbling and stamina. Then he will play in your youth team and develop these attributes at the same time.

When your talented player has played a handful of youth team games, you will receive feedback from your youth team coach. He will let you know about the progress of the player, and he will tell you if the player is comfortable in the played position. He will also tell you, if he could be used in other positions, perhaps as a winger or a central defender/midfielder. If you made strength a priority before, he would most likely propose him as a central defender, while dribbling would make him more like a winger. So practically you have some sort of dialogue with your youth team coach to point you in the direction of which position should be the prospect's preferred. And if you think your first team need a new young central midfielder, you have the ability to develop your prospect as one. Look at Gary Neville, who played as a central defender in the youth teams but was a right back during his whole career in the first team at Manchester United. And was it Makélelé or Kanté, who was a winger in his early days?

This may seem as much work, but on the other hand I don't think we should have as many talents as we do now. As it is now, you can easily find several great prospects every season, and in real life it is unlikely that more than one or maximum two make it into the first team every season. So perhaps you could develop one talent for every four to six months? And perhaps you should be able to simulate the academy, so you do not have to spend time developing these generated players, if you do not want to. Then you could just get some random generated ones, just like now.

The potential of the talents should also be adressed. Even though you play with a minor team, you can find prospects with a potential of 86 or more, but in real life a player this gifted would early be hijacked by clubs as Ajax, Juventus or Chelsea. In stead the player should have a potential to be like the average of the team you are managing. For instance; If you play with Bournemouth, who - according to sofifa.com - has 76 defence, 76 midfield and 78 attack, your youth prospects should most likely have that potential. However, it should be possible to invest in several things in your club, such as scouting, the academy, training ground, medical staff, stadium upgrades etc. If you haven't invested in your scouting at all, the talents' potential should be lower han your team's average. However, if you take som money from your transfer budget and invest them in your scouting, the talents' potential will match or even be better than your first teams' average overall rating. And if you have invested in the academy as well and have hired a gifted youth team coach, the player would be more likely to also fulfill this potential. Of course only if you also promote him at some point and give him games in your first team or on loan somewhere else.

If a talent was to have - or develop - a potential much higher than your club's average, you would also be likely to receive offers from the best academies (Ajax etc.) from time to time... And then you know you have found a gem!

High potential should also be more expensive on the transfer market. Now I can easily buy Tahith Chong from Manchester United for €1M or Brahim Díaz from Manchester City for about €2M. And they have a potential of 85 and 86! When a player has a potential that high, he should be much more expensive than the players on his level, who has a lower potential. Now it is too easy to buy all the players with an overall rating of 60-70 and a potential of +85. Then in a couple of seasons, you will have an extremely talented side with almost no money spent! And the players always agree your terms, even though you play in the Danish Superliga or something like that.

When you are a fan of a football club and know which academy players they have, this idea would in my opinion be an incredible feature, as Manchester United fans for instance could develop a Mason Greenwood or Aliou Traore this way. Then you could start a career with your favorite team and hope to bring the stars of tomorrow into today's game.
  • MaldinisHeir
    To sum up, I think your idea gives us too many options to edit during a game and will remove some of the challenge a game could and should be.

However, there is an issue with the amount of ridiculous transfers, and that should really be fixed. But if not fixed, your idea could be a welcome workaround.

Yes my idea is a workaround. It would be great to have a "realistic" transfer system but even "realism" is entirely subjective. Some people might think that some transfers are unrealistic and others might not.

I have for a number of years played career modes outside of any game by using Football Manager as a base and playing games through FIFA or PES. The thing I like doing about this is it gives me total freedom to control the universe that I am in. I can set up opposition teams any way I like and edit as I go along.

I use the Football Manager transfers as a guide and also for regens but I will not hesitate to ignore a transfer which I think is unrealistic.

Ultimately the player playing the game knows what he or she wants so it's probably better to let them decide. Sure it might take away from the sense of achievement of negotiating the transfer of Ronaldo but, if you want that sense of achievement then, negotiate the transfer of Ronaldo within the parameters of the game's transfer system.

But the one thing I really dislike is one or two seasons into a career and noticing these mistakes and not being able to do anything about it because of arbitrary restrictions. Not being able to fix the CPU's starting line ups when they leave out their best players or add a player who has just been signed in real life (like Paqueta for Milan).

• To sum up, I think your idea gives us too many options to edit during a game and will remove some of the challenge a game could and should be.

Yes my idea is a workaround. It would be great to have a "realistic" transfer system but even "realism" is entirely subjective. Some people might think that some transfers are unrealistic and others might not.

I have for a number of years played career modes outside of any game by using Football Manager as a base and playing games through FIFA or PES. The thing I like doing about this is it gives me total freedom to control the universe that I am in. I can set up opposition teams any way I like and edit as I go along.

I use the Football Manager transfers as a guide and also for regens but I will not hesitate to ignore a transfer which I think is unrealistic.

Ultimately the player playing the game knows what he or she wants so it's probably better to let them decide. Sure it might take away from the sense of achievement of negotiating the transfer of Ronaldo but, if you want that sense of achievement then, negotiate the transfer of Ronaldo within the parameters of the game's transfer system.

But the one thing I really dislike is one or two seasons into a career and noticing these mistakes and not being able to do anything about it because of arbitrary restrictions. Not being able to fix the CPU's starting line ups when they leave out their best players or add a player who has just been signed in real life (like Paqueta for Milan).

I get your point. I have just played a career with Danish club Brøndby IF, and I qualified them for the Champions League, their only second Champions League group stage ever (they were in the group of death in 98/99 with Barcelona and the two later finalists, Bayern Munich and Manchester United).

In the CL group stage I should play Barcelona, and I looked forward to hearing the Champions hymn and see a player like Messi lining up against my underdog team. But the argentinian was an unused sub in both matches! And I even won one of them, and he wasn't brought on to help his teammates! Stupid. Yeah, I guess I would have liked to be able to edit my opponents' side at that occasion.

However, it shouldn't be that difficult to create a model, where the computer always lines up in the best possible way. For your own team it is important to rest players and rotate to make your whole squad contemt with playing for you. But the Computer should in my opninion NOT care about this and always line up with the best team possible.
  • My Wishlist

1. Teams on wrong sides when being presented.
    2. Bigger keeper gloves.
    3. Transfers aren't logical.
    4. Africa cup of nations, more international teams.
    5. Goalie lob ball instead of roll out on manual pass setting.
    6. Faces that are over two years old need updated.
    7. Chemistry and team playing styles. A team of all the most talented players won't work if they aren't a team.
    8. When new boots are out it would be great if all the players were updated like they are in PES even in master league.

I see progress in areas and the gameplay itself when tweaked by the sliders makes for an exciting, realistic, game. I thank y'all for the hours of enjoyment and as long as I continue to see good faith steps toward getting the most authentic football simulation, I'll be a customer. Thank you for your time. Good day
  • PLEASE ADD MORE SERIE A AND BUNDESLIGA PLAYER FACES
  • JUVELEO27
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    Career mode (Manager) Wishlist

Begin working in June for the new season, not July.

Squad Submissions before each fixture

3 Playable teams in one club (Senior team needs a minimum of 35 players)
    -1st team
    -Reserve team
    -Youth team
    Hire assistant manager & youth coach (Like how we are able to do with scouts now)
    Quality of the manager will dictate how well your reserve and youth teams perform when simulating

Each club should have a youth academy filled with players from the start.
    Real youth academy player names and likeness (height, weight, age) like in FOOTBALL MANAGER (or allow us to edit that)

Bring back staff upgrades and actually have staff quality affect your team
    -Groundsman team (able to alter the height of the grass as well as its wetness and have it actually affect the ball)
    -Medical team (injury prevention and quicker recoveries)
    -Fitness coach (fitness level recoveries between games and stamina upgrades for your players)
    -Scouts (faster they can evaluate a player)

Manager avatar creator
    -edit appearance(clothes) >>>>> Based on our salary earnings
    -Gameface*******

Manager traits >>>>> Based on our salary earnings

Pre & Post Match Press Conferences
    -Allow what we say to motivate either our own team or the opposition
    -CUTSCENES
    Bring back manager role offers (based on performances, reputation, and play style)
    -Negotiate salary, bonuses, objectives and years

Derby and rival fixtures importance with the board. These need to be must-win games. If you lose your reputation and board confidence decreases.

Bring back the loan to buy option
    Add Loan Fees

Player willingness to join a club
    -too easy to sign top players for a lower rated team/league

Contract Renewals by NPT (Non-Playable Teams)
    -they should be negotiating their contracts years or months before they expire
    -Younger players should be signing more frequently than older players
    Also, allow us to show interest in contract expiring players before the January transfer window to convince them not to resign so they are free to sign in January.

*********FIX Loan transfers- Many crucial/Important 1st team players are loaned out to other teams (Very unrealistic and it happens with the Non-Playable Teams)

*********FIX Non-Playable Team transfers. Too many players leave in one window from the same team. If a player is sold the NPT should replace the player with another of equal quality (not exact but just about)

*Full squad training sessions 11v11

*Learning new positions and changing the main position

*Train weak foot and Skill Moves

Team Chemistry
    -based on how long players have been together
    -based on how well the team is playing (Results and Player ratings wise)
    -Player traits that affect chemistry (bad boy, leader, superstar, etc)

Realistic Player Development
    -Player ratings should go up for players that are in good form.
    -Players grow based on their performances and how many games they play in the
    Season.
    Example- A 75 rated 26-year-old player becomes top goalscorer in a league like the Eredivisie. Next season he should be at an 80 or 81 based on his performances. Progression should happen as the season goes on.
    -No more fixed potentials
    -Players over 30 can still grow (Mental, Technique, Accuracy, Set Pieces, and certain Physical attributes
    -Players downgrade based on bad performances (23 years of age and up)
    -needs to be based on consistency
    -5 bad games straight = downgrade
    -lack of games played for a senior team = downgrade

Ratings need to matter with NPT and NPP (Non-Playable Players)
    -Players like Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Suarez, Messi, Kane need to score 20+ goals a season if they are not my players
    -Teams like Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Man City, Juventus, etc need to be a lot more consistent during the season if they are not being controlled. If I use a 4-star and below-rated team and I beat a 5-star team, it should be extremely hard and rewarding.

Add a board difficulty setting
    -harder objectives
    -bigger expectations
    -less patience
    -less of a budget

*******Add a coach mode when its gameday. Allow us to watch our team play without controlling them. Also, allow us to intervene in the game and take control of our team when we want like we used to do in older career modes.

Bring back sponsors that were in older career modes.

Stadium upgrades if we decide to use lower division teams and bring them up to the 1st division. (Teams using generic EA Sports stadiums)

*****Ticket prices******
    -Ticket prices determine how many fans show up to the stadium
    Example- Manchester Derby tickets should be set to High for max profit but Man Utd vs MK Dons
    for a league cup game should be set to low for max turnout or else the stadium doesn't fill up.
    - this needs to affect the financial aspect of the game

Fan turnout based on performances
    -if your team is performing badly less fans show up to the games
    - in accordance with you expectations and objectives***************
    - fan turnout should be visable

Post edited by JUVELEO27 on

• I'd like to see Fifa 19 bring out a web or phone application that allows users to view there console's local career mode squads, team stats, calendars etc on there phone or web while they're away from there console. I know for me I spend a lot of time creating my career modes, editing team sheets, bringing in young players & pushing through the ranks to premier league and during the hours when im on lunch breaks at work, a group of us talk about certain players in relation to there sofifa stats but there's no way for you to show your mates where you use said player in your own squads. I'd love to be able to have this feature and also think it'll promote FIFA 19 career mode more, for those of us who like online but also love a good grind fest on world class > legendary difficulty in career mode.
  • Here are some ideas that I have that would make FIFA Career Mode better going forward (No Order of Importance).

1) More Options Regarding Preseason

The preseason tournaments are nice and all, but realistically, you'll have other games in the preseason outside of those tournament games. So the option to schedule friendlies would be a massive addition to career mode. Especially if you're in charge of a big team that usually has all of it's players at an international tournament (World Cup, European Championship, Etc.), just schedule a friendly after everyone returns from the respected tournament. While I'm on the subject of International Tournaments, one thing EA should really consider adding (Either by FIFA 20, or FIFA 19 in a patch) is the realistic action of Players returning to the squad once their nation is out of the Tournament instead of all coming back after the final, even if no one is actually playing in it.

2) Re-Imagining the Way We Do Training

The Idea that we can train players to play different positions is a good idea, but I'm talking about training a group of players in similar positions and having them all benefit growth-wise, instead of individual training and growth like the way we do it now. Let's say that there is a drill on 5v5 attacking in our box (or defending for that matter), I can choose the 5 attackers (or defenders) I want to partake in the drill and at the end give all of them rating increases (or in cases of older players, rating retention, but I'll get into that later) if they complete the tasks successfully. Also, the ability to hold training ground scrimmages should be a thing going forward, and have them get boosts off of doing well in the scrimmage, or deductions if they do poorly. And training should mean something to older players as well. Say if I train Radja Nainggolan (85 Overall in Game) over the course of 4 seasons (making him 34) if I train him every week, I would expect him to go down at least an 83, delaying the usually drastic decline of these players.

3) Add the Ability for Teams to Appoint Sporting Directors

Something I feel would make Career Mode very interesting is if EA added Sporting Directors into the game.
    However, not every club gets one, and any club can appoint/discard one at anytime. This will come with advantages/disadvantages of joining a team with a Sporting Director as well. Advantages I came up with include not having to be worried about financial, brand exposure, and/or Youth Academy (Hiring Scouts) objectives, but a Disadvantage would be that you have no control over who comes in/out of the squad, reducing you role to being strictly a coach, and/or your league/continental objectives become stricter, resulting in you potentially getting the sack. I believe it could be really interesting having to decide weather or not you want to manage a team with a Sporting Director at the Club.

4) The Rating System

Anyone who plays Madden knows that there is a huge difference between between how the two games treat player ratings. In Madden, your rating is a mixture of your overall ability, and your confidence, meaning that player rating fluctuate in game based on the player's form. So why is that not the case with FIFA? I feel like player ratings should be based on your natural ability (Starting Stats), Confidence, and Current Form, also meaning that everyone's rating fluctuates based on how they are doing. I feel this model would help solve the aging player's conundrum I mentioned earlier in the fact that there stats won't decline as rapidly, an they might even increase a little bit as well.

5) Smaller Things
    • Get Napoli's Stadio San Paolo Licensed
    • Get Lyon's Parc Olympique Lyonnais Licensed
    • Add the Ukrainian Premier League Next FIFA so we get the option to manage Shaktar or Dinamo Kiev (Get NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium Licensed)
    • Get the Ataturk Olympic Stadium Licensed for the Champions League Final if they haven't thought about that already
    • Add another smaller European League (maybe the Greek League) to add more depth to the European Qualification Process
    • Add the Jamaican and Costa Rican National Teams so that the CONCACAF as some form of world cup qualifiers
    • And Finally, add more regions to scout youth academy players (Wales, Bosnia, Caribbean Islands)

P.S: I might make a Part 2 later.
  • MaldinisHeir
    I get your point. I have just played a career with Danish club Brøndby IF, and I qualified them for the Champions League, their only second Champions League group stage ever (they were in the group of death in 98/99 with Barcelona and the two later finalists, Bayern Munich and Manchester United).

In the CL group stage I should play Barcelona, and I looked forward to hearing the Champions hymn and see a player like Messi lining up against my underdog team. But the argentinian was an unused sub in both matches! And I even won one of them, and he wasn't brought on to help his teammates! Stupid. Yeah, I guess I would have liked to be able to edit my opponents' side at that occasion.

However, it shouldn't be that difficult to create a model, where the computer always lines up in the best possible way. For your own team it is important to rest players and rotate to make your whole squad contemt with playing for you. But the Computer should in my opninion NOT care about this and always line up with the best team possible.

Yes that sounds so frustrating. Ultimately the only window we really get into other teams is when we play them. So when we play those teams we need to get the full experience; Messi at Barcelona, Ronaldo at Juve etc.

If Messi is not to play then we need to have experienced why. He gets injured in the first leg due to a tackle from one of our players or sent off. But the default should be that you get to play against the best.

On a slightly different note, the way I do my Career Mode is that I use Football Manager as a base and then I play matches through exhibition mode in fifa. As part of this I set up oppositions to try and make it as realistic as possible. Against weaker teams I set them up quite defensively.

I decided in one game to set up Chievo more offensively against my Milan team. It didn’t work out because a combination of the formation and the game deciding to make it easy for me resulted in my Milan team being up 5:0 at half time. Because I was in exhibition mode I switched sides and set up Chievo’s tactics more defensively at half time and then switched back to Milan. I ended up only scoring one goal in the second half.

The point is because I had the ability to take over the CPU team at any time and fix their tactics I was able to fix an error. No one will know what they want from a game more than the person playing it. So if EA give us maximum freedom to edit the game at any time we will be a lot happier with the experience. Because it’ll be our experience.
  • jam13
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I know i'm late but along with what everyone else says please make the EPL table more realistic
  • Cooler08
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Lucasamp wrote: »
    I have a question for Alastair..What's the meaning of this thread? Talk about how you would like the career mode without talking about the problems that afflict the gameplay that makes sense? There is no realistic career mode without realistic offline gameplay. If one plays at high difficulty levels as a legend or ultimate all teams (including those of league two) play like Barcelona ... To have a realistic career first of all you have to have statistics of the players and styles of realistic teams play. EA is this willing to implement it in the game or not?
    Is EA sports willing to take a step towards simulation or not? Also publishing next year the umpteenth game dominated by the dynamic difficulty and slides and talk about improvements in career does not make sense. Prior has clearly said that career mode no longer interests Ea, so what are we talking about?

I agree. The off the pitch aspects of Career Mode should be secondary to on the pitch.

The game is badly designed so matches are either too easy and one sided even against teams like Chelsea so there is no satisfaction in winning or the opposite where the rubberbanding turns your players into slugs who can't pass the ball with any fluidity or shoot on goal properly and the opposition gets all the lucky rebounds, etc... Worser still, these matches are in 'sets' so the game is either too easy or too hard for a certain amount of matches which doesn't reflect the sporadic nature of football where the difficulty of a match varies from match to match depending on a variety of factors.

Unless EA can create an AI logic that has team individuality to reflect different playing styles, is stats based and the CPU play more consistant on a match to match basis then there's no point.
  • WizardMD
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everything that has been posted here is really useful and it will make career mode great again.

My ideas would be:

1. More leagues and more Latin American tournaments including
    >Copa Mx (Mexican Cup)
    >Liga de Ascenso (2nd division Mexican League)
    > Leagues from Central America (Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala etc...)
    > Gold Cup
    >CONCACAF Champions League
    > Clubs World Cup

2. Create our own team and include it in a league, so we can take it from the bottom to the top

3. Staidum creator

4. Goalkeeper Kits clashing again, it would be great to be able to create an extra kit for our goalkeeper, and many don't even wear the original kit

5. Mix and Match kits

6. Creation Centre has to be back

7. Become a Captain of the team once you reach a certain amount of experience in your team

8. When you become a captain of the team, it would allow you to manage some aspects of the team
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    In a future career mode, I believe that a strong hierarchy should be essential. Today you can easily get rid of all of your 28/29-year olds and replace them with the most gifted youngsters in the market. In a matter of time, your youngsters will have raised their overall rating immensely, and your team is on the way to be the best team in the world, while your results on the pitch have not suffered in the meantime.

However, in real life your results would suffer from playing an entire teenage-side in the Premier League.

I believe it should be important to select a "spine" in your team, consisting of your team captain, vice captain etc., experienced players or players, who have spent a number of seasons at your club or perhaps his whole career in the club, like Maldini, Giggs etc. With a strong spine your team is not easily shooked, but with too many youngsters or inexperienced players, you could sometimes fall apart during games and conseede 2-3 goals during a few minutes.

So, your team could have several roles, and if they were filled with the right player, it would boost your teams morale in some way:
    Captains hierarchy 1-5.
    Club Legend/One Club Player,
    Experinced Player/backbone.
    Fan Favourite.
    Top Talent.

Or something like that. So if you sell a player, you do not only sell a player with that particular overall rating, you would also sell your Club Legend, or you would lose someone from the top of your club's hierarchy. I think that would add some more personality to the players if they would fill a particular role in your team.
  • Steffolovitch
    98 posts Park Captain
    I really think new sponsorship deals should be a part of a future career mode, where any new sponsors would be visible on the teams' jerseys. At the moment a lot of teams play without their sponsors on their shirts, especially if they are in the alcohol og betting industry.

I would really have liked to play with Bournemouth (of course with the scanned Eddie Howe being the manager!) in this years edition, but I hate when no sponsors are visible on their jerseys. You should be able to sign a deal with another sponsor - perhaps after one season - and have the company name on the jersey.

Perhaps there is some licensing issues about this, but it kind of ruins playing with a team, when their jerseys look so naked.
  • 1. Allow using real manager in career mode.
    2. Update the rating of players in career mode.
  • After several years and seeing list like these many times before I am sure EA does nothing with them, not even read them. EA listens to money not to the players.
This discussion has been closed.