- To be able to auto train players over seasons instead of weekly
    - To be able to choose a workload on training

PREVIOUS FIFAS
    - Bring back visual sim, able to jump in and play at any moment
    - Bring back request funds
    - Bring back sponsors

NEW MODES
    -Create a club mode, create a badge, stadium and kits
    - Draft mode, Example, Premier League draft, i am wolves and have the 3rd pick, so i get to pick the third player (only players from the premier league if you start the mode there)
    - Owner mode, hire and fire managers, build stadiums, relocate etc...
    - One season mode, you get one season with a club then on to the next one
    - Online or Co-Op career mode
    - International mode

INTERACTION
    - Short press conferences with answer possibilities
    - Interaction with players, able to answer them if they want to leave
    - Interact with the board, request funds, request new stadium

GROWTH
    - Older players will not drop down as quick
    - Players being overtrained doesn't harm their physicals
    - Players that play more grow more, (loan actually helps then)
    - More even goalkeeper growth
    - Players have minimum growth not maximum growth

GENERAL
    - Burnley and Arsenal should not play the same type of football
    - If you stay at one club for more then 5 years you get to rename the stadium
    - being able to request for a interview at a club
    - Being able to get youth players from every country in the world
    - In the squad hub you can see a players career, where he has played and goals each season

INTERNATIONAL
    - Not as easy to get a job offer
    - You can start off as a international manager
    - U19 U21 teams you can manage as well
    - Being able to train players

I totally support this comment!
  • Training

- Train skill moves
    - A monthly training match to test formations and implement youth players
    - A perk that gives you more training sessions
    - Positioning training

Job Market

- Apply for international jobs
    - Apply for jobs in the summer
    - Job interviews to align your own ideas with the clubs board
    - Apply for whichever job I want (ability to step down Prem to League 1)
    - Start unemployed
    - Other managers getting fired to tell you which jobs are open + older managers retiring
    - Job contracts + need renewing + ask for raise

Transfers
    - Ask for players in sway deals
    - Loan w/ option to buy
    - Set asking price so offers for less won't come

International
    - U23 & 18
    - Train players
    - A scout that gets you results faster for players from your nation
    - Update national pool search

Youth academy
    - More scouts to chose from
    - More countries to scout
    - More search options + specific positions
    - Larger academy two unplayable teams of 18 U23 + U18
    - No U18 players with receding hairlines
    - 2D faces shirts adapt to which club they play for
    - Send more that one scout to a country when looking for different types of players

Press conferences
    - Effect players confidence by talking about them

Other
    - Update stadium once you have enough money
    - Store statistics of previous seasons
    - Deadline day longer
    - See top scorer stats of other leagues
    - Edit player option in squad hub
    - Request funds
    - Edit managers clothes, more hats + glasses + ties
  • You know what's funny is on PC, modding makes a lot of this possible, especially when it comes to changing player appearance or editing scripting to change growth.

I'm not a game developer, but that tells me a lot of this isn't exactly difficult, it just takes a little more time. Problem is a lot more development time goes into FUT or badly photoshopped promotional materials (like photographing Ronaldo in a Real Madrid kit and pasting a Juventus kit on top at the last minute lol).

So the only way I see EA changing career mode in a significant way is if they envision receiving some kind of profit from it. Naturally that means they'll likely roll career mode into FUT, which is a fantastic way to alienate a lot of gamers.
  • CPU VS CPU
  • Looking at what other games do well would be great. Take what they have and use it in FIFA.

For example, Football Manager has Club and Country Coefficients. That would be useful to have a more interesting and realistic UCL/UEL draw. It's publicly available here. If you're calculating it behind the scenes, show it. I want to see why I'd be in Pot 2 instead of Pot 1/2. If I win the World Cup, I want to see my country at the top of the rankings.

Manager Customisation. Both FM and PES has this in actual detail. Not FIFA's lazy "idea." People want to see themselves in games. You can even add this to Ultimate Team. It's not limited to career mode.

Facilities. Football Manager actually does this. They don't just have Youth Scouts. They have actual facilities. I'd love to take a team from League 2 with poor facilities and higher likelihood of injuries to becoming a superpower with top class facilities.

Expanded Board. Currently, the only interaction we have with the board is them telling us. Make it a 2 way system. Ask your board for another scout. Ask your board for improved facilities. Ask your board for more money. They're the people that make the financial and business decisions. Why are we not able to communicate with them?

Club History. Look at FM again. I started a new team and my Club Background has expanded from there. It may seem like a small thing but I want to see what a club has done recently. I want to see their heights and I want to expand it.

More Variable Team Fortunes. FM does this but I'd like to give you some examples from real life. Look at the 10/11 season in English football. Relegated from the Premier League were Birmingham, who have turned into a mid table Championship side, Blackpool who have fallen to League 2 and West Ham who bounced back up soon after. In that same season, Crystal Palace finished 19th in the Championship, Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton and Huddersfield were in the fight for promotion in League 1. Real football has it's up and down teams. I'd just like that to be shown in FIFA.
  • MaldinisHeir
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    Fine I'll bite......

Once again I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by Career Mode. It's like one of those cash machines that offer you about a million services except the one that lets you take out cash quickly......

The whole thing has become overly complicated . They need to go back to basics and get the basics right like the following:

1. FREEDOM

Career Mode. It's just me against the computer. Why does it need to be so restrictive?

Why can't we:

a) edit what we like, whenever we like;
    b) change the rules if we like;
    c) manage other teams, if we like;
    d) do as we like......

Will we cheat?

Who cares. More importantly, we'll be able to fix mistakes or tailor the game to the way we want it. Because we paid for it.

A really basic example is why can't we change the rules so we can have as many subs on the bench as we like?

They've got the match day squad rules completely wrong for Serie A AGAIN so..........LET US FIX IT.

Let us edit players' names and characteristics. Why would we be prevented from doing this?

Let us take over computer teams and change their tactics and sign players or veto signings for the computer.

Why not?

2. Transfers

I have started a seperate discussion in relation to this. There needs to be something like 5,000 transfers in the summer transfer window across all of the teams in the game to make it anywhere near realistic. This summer there were about 2,000 just involving teams in the top 5 European leagues.

More transfers means:

a) dynamism - a more dynamic transfer market where teams are constantly bidding and outbidding each other;
    b) pressure - pressure on the human to move quickly to sign players which makes the whole thing more engaging;
    c) variety - a large number of changes across a career where after a couple of seasons teams are unrecognisable which gives the game more variety.

3. Pre-Season Matches

Again EA. Back off. Let us decide which pre-season games we want to play. Stop making us play stupid pre-season tournaments that are unrealistic and time consuming.

4. Training

Again EA. Back off. Don't force us to do these increasingly ludicrous training drills to give our players ridiculous attribute boosts. Just give us the ability to set general team and individual training. It'd be more realistic and less time consuming.

5. Coaches

Basic stuff. Why can't we hire coaches to train our players in 2018?

6. Physios

Basic stuff. Why can't we hire physics to reduce the number of injuries in 2018?

7. Youth teams

Basic stuff. Why can't have a basic youth team without faffing about with unrealistic and time consuming scouts?

8. Scouts

This will then free up scouts to do proper scouting that we can actually get excited about.

Here's one I just thought of:

9. Board Targets

Firstly, why do we need these?

To give us little targets?

We should already have little targets like winning titles and promotions.

To make the game challenging?

The game should be already challenging to win titles and promotions.

Secondly, if you're going to have targets, surely you make them changeable or negotiable. You don't just dictate to the player (who is your customer) what the rules are (just like everything else in Career Mode - prison has more freedom).

Win the league or you're fired.

Promote 2 made up youth team players (excluding actual real life youth team players) and, what? You get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Again. Strip. It. Back.

Have a budget that is negotiated with the board based on team targets e.g. winning the title and promotion etc. If you don't reach the minimum or it doesn't look like you will, you're fired (with the option of switching this off).

You then have four little bars where the player needs to decide which he wants to prioritise:

a) transfers - increase transfer budget;
    b) stability - increase wage budget to retain players;
    c) youth team - increase budget for coaches (see 5);
    d) projects - budget for stadiums or training facilities.

Wow. Engagement. Choice. Targets we actually care about......

This is all so basic that it defies belief that it does not exist in 2018. It's the sort of thing that makes me question will humanity every overcome serious problems when such basic issues are missed year on year.
    Post edited by MaldinisHeir on
  • MGH wrote: »
    This is a huge year for Career Mode, it seems EA actually want feedback during development for FIFA 20. Let's all club together and put together a comprehensive list of improvements and changes we'd like to see.

Here are some of my suggestions;

____________________________________________________________________________________

Training
    Train a player to play in new positions (e.g CB to CDM, RW to LW, CAM to ST etc)
    Train a player to change their work rates & improve skills/weak foot rating

Squad Management
    Release as many players as you want (above a certain squad size)

Youth Academy & Reserve Squad
    Have a separate squad from your first team for Youth/Reserve players
    Call up/drop players from your Youth/Reserve squad at any point

Transfers
    Enable CPU teams to offer you player swaps & player plus cash deals

Contracts
    The ability to add buy-back clauses into contracts

Simulating Games
    New ‘coach mode’ to simulate games
    Pause the simulation and make tactical changes & substitutions yourself
    Pause and play the rest of the match yourself (as featured in some older FIFA titles)
    Display live in-game stats such as possession and shots etc.

Staff Management
    Hire staff to improve certain aspects of your club/squad (e.g fitness, medical)

Media Interaction
    More options when speaking to the media including multiple-choice questions & answers
    Reporters bring up rumours and stories for you to discuss in match conferences

Edit Mode
    Add a fully functioning edit-database feature within career mode and in the main menu
    Include stats, preferred positions, work rates, skill moves and weak foot etc.

Fixture List
    The ability to request game postponement due to fixture list congestion
    Or the ability to rearrange games manually within a limited range of days

Sponsorships
    The ability to raise additional funds by signing sponsorship deals

Club Finance
    The ability to adjust ticket prices
    The ability to add ticket sales and sponsorship funds into your club budget
    The board sometimes offers you extra money if the team is struggling

Manager Creation
    More options when creating your manager, including your own game face
    More manager models and more customisation (clothing/hair etc)

__________________________________________________________________________________

I'll be adding more to my wishlist as I play more of FIFA 19!
    All the best everyone,

Matt

I agree with everything Matt writes.

I want to add two things;

- The money you get from winning the league or a cup should be put into your budget! In recent FIFAs it has been seen as a profit but you can't do anything with the money.

- If you win the league or champions league with a side that from the start was a midtable team you should have a bigger budget next year when the new season starts. Won the European cup on FIFA 18 with Aberdeen and still started of with 3 million Euros next season...

Thank you,
    MG
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ MIGA Forza Milan!

(Don't tell me the Empoli score I'm still watching it)

On Editing, I completely agree but I think they need to extend the editing to allow the player to edit opposition teams. We should be able to take control over all of the teams in Career Mode (just like in the normal edit mode in the game) and change formations, pick starting line ups and even transfer players.

Sure we could use this to cheat (ourselves) but I'd imagine that many people could use it to set up opposition teams in realistic and challenging ways. The AI will never be as good and it will make up for the lack of managerial changes during a Career Mode and even undo unrealistic transfers or make up for a lack of transfers.

This single change would bring a whole new dimension to Career Mode.
  • It would create an interesting challenge if red cards sometimes meant multiple game suspensions, but would you trust the computer to decide how bad a tackle was? Probably not...
  • Alastair
    8980 posts Moderator
    Cutzy (Twitter/Youtube) has asked me to share some of his ideas on here.
    • Turn maximum potentials into minimum potentials so that ANY PLAYER can become a superstar. Makes each save unique and makes sites like sofifa mere guidelines.
    • The “edit player” function needs to have much more customisation options similar to that of Madden’s Franchise or Football Manager’s in-game editor. Furthermore allow users to edit their players attributes, weak foot, skill moves and work rates. Once again focusing on making each save unique.
    • A more in depth editor can be behind a small paywall without much issue (see Football Manager’s in-game editor) alongside increasing transfer funds, adding a 5 star scout instantly, scouting more future stars and a choice of national team job without ruining the vanilla playing experience.
    • Make the menus smoother and only load info you want it to load. (at the moment to go from “squad” to “office” you have to go past and load the “transfers” tab)
    • Ditch Global Transfer Network and the current search system and replace it with a broad search that finds players based on requirements like “sprint speed” or “short passing”. Players overalls can still be hidden because if anyone has the ability to become world class (first idea) current overalls become less significant.
    • The youth academy name pool is shocking, same names come up time and time again. Yet players generated at other clubs are absolutely fine and have a wide name pool.
    • Merge the GTN scouts and youth academy scouts into one “scout” section. Allow users to decide if they want to concentrate on scouting players from other clubs or signing prospects up into their academy.
    • On average the talent coming out of a youth academy is too high, making a “class of 92” should be something special and not occuring in every save.
    • Create-a-Club needs to come back even if it just means using the badge and kit options from Pro Clubs. My dream would be a similar system to Creation Centre but very much doubt that will happen again.
    • Position Training is a feature heavily requested. In FIFA 18 my best striker was a right-back… I had no option to change him into a ST, I should have that option.
    • A return of great FIFA 07 features like visual sim, staff upgrades, sponsorship goals, meaningful finances and experience points for your players after games. This is the thing I’m most frustrated about, FIFA 19 career mode is completely destroyed by a PlayStation 2 game.
    • Export your career mode team onto the main menus and play against your friends in custom squad type “online friendlies”
    • The ability to train any stat on a player. Concentrate on one aspect of his play and see significant, quicker growth or select a few areas where he can improve and see development over a longer time.
    • Have an even more select group of dedicated Career Mode players on the beta that can guarantee you solid feedback on issues and possibly be able to find bugs that don’t appear usually until the game’s launch.
    • All leading up to the final dream of ONLINE Career Mode. This feature is massive on everyone’s list but the game mode is riddled with so many bugs at the moment that the best thing to do right now is set foundations. Even to the point where a total rewrite of the game mode might be in order, from what I’ve heard (could be wrong) a serious amount of code has been carried over from PS2/XBox days which is hugely concerning.

My plans are enormous and time consuming but Career Mode was FIFA’s main selling point before Ultimate Team and that dedicated fanbase is growing tired. We’re now at a situation where the game mode needs a big overhaul and not tiny improvements year after year.

Those Career Mode players are important enough to do the changes stated above because often they haven’t picked up the game a few years ago but ten/twenty years ago. To turn your back on them would be turning your back on what made FIFA great in the first place.

Additionally, improving Career Mode increases interest and retention in the game overall. People need a break from Ultimate Team and at the moment they’re finding it in Fortnite, currently a painful waste of potential and further revenue streams. (Just don’t make it pay-to-win, the backlash would be crazy)

Thank you for your time,
    Cutzy
  • Alastair
    8980 posts Moderator
    A few years ago Sparing DK (Twitter/Youtube) made a series of great videos. I'll post them all below in the spoiler box. They're well worth a watch

• Mine is pretty simple.

When I sim the rest of a match show me the final score without me having to go into the calendar.

Thanks
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ Jake1986A This could be done if we could decide to do bad tackles. There should be a button that allows you to commit a terrible foul particularly since it is a method that is used in football to get an upper hand e.g. going in hard to win the ball/injure the opponent. In an imaginary world it would also be fun. Imagine that? Fun.
  • MaldinisHeir
    Alastair wrote: »
    [*] The “edit player” function needs to have much more customisation options similar to that of Madden’s Franchise or Football Manager’s in-game editor. Furthermore allow users to edit their players attributes, weak foot, skill moves and work rates. Once again focusing on making each save unique.
    [*] A more in depth editor can be behind a small paywall without much issue (see Football Manager’s in-game editor) alongside increasing transfer funds, adding a 5 star scout instantly, scouting more future stars and a choice of national team job without ruining the vanilla playing experience.

This. And also they need to open up editing to the point that the player can change the rules and edit other teams.

EA should give maximum flexibility with editing. We should have full access to the editing options we have outside the career mode (e.g. to go into other teams and transfer players and edit opposition formations). We should also be able to change as many rules as possible e.g. match day squad rules (so we can correct mistakes like with Serie A), changing the order of fixtures (e.g. so that the Italian Super Cup is in January like in real life) and even change the number of cards that lead to suspensions (I would reduce it to 2 yellow cards as I don't get many).

Just give us freedom to choose.
  • comet213
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    Player Value
    Player value also must be evaluated by Stat(Goal, Assist, Avarage rating) not only Overall.
  • I need to see more save slots in career mode and not only 4.
  • PPerfect_CJ
    66 posts Park Captain
    [*] The “edit player” function needs to have much more customisation options similar to that of Madden’s Franchise or Football Manager’s in-game editor. Furthermore allow users to edit their players attributes, weak foot, skill moves and work rates. Once again focusing on making each save unique.
    [*] A more in depth editor can be behind a small paywall without much issue (see Football Manager’s in-game editor) alongside increasing transfer funds, adding a 5 star scout instantly, scouting more future stars and a choice of national team job without ruining the vanilla playing experience.

This. And also they need to open up editing to the point that the player can change the rules and edit other teams.

EA should give maximum flexibility with editing. We should have full access to the editing options we have outside the career mode (e.g. to go into other teams and transfer players and edit opposition formations). We should also be able to change as many rules as possible e.g. match day squad rules (so we can correct mistakes like with Serie A), changing the order of fixtures (e.g. so that the Italian Super Cup is in January like in real life) and even change the number of cards that lead to suspensions (I would reduce it to 2 yellow cards as I don't get many).

Just give us freedom to choose.

And let us edit a player to be a regular CM. For whatever reason, we can only make them CAMs, CDMs, LMs, or RMs. It's been that way for the last 3 years, now. :(
  • MaldinisHeir
    And let us edit a player to be a regular CM. For whatever reason, we can only make them CAMs, CDMs, LMs, or RMs. It's been that way for the last 3 years, now. :(

Oh that is so weird!

Why would they not give us that option? Bizarre.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1220 posts Professional

Oh that is so weird!

Why would they not give us that option? Bizarre.

Can it be patched in? @EA_Andy @EA_Cian @EA_Aidan
  • Arios09 wrote: »
    I need to see more save slots in career mode and not only 4.

Yes! The 4 backups are very few! Please reset the 8 rescue requests
  • I do not understand why this can not fix it? I do not think it would be a great job, plus a backup rescue or opportunity.
    And that's a lot of people bothering me!
  • Real use of the money you earn: being able to change your status b villa's, yaths aiplanes….so on

Being able to do interviews as a player (not only in manager mode) when you scored a hattrick for example or lost the game at the last minute and that it effects your followers just like it does in the storymode with alex hunter

give your preference to your agent when you are being transferd or asked to be sold or go out on a loan. It would make sence just as in real life that you can contact a club aswell and try get the transfer you Always dreamed of... cause when you get an offer from Arsenal and manchester city but you want to play only for liverpool for example
  • TeamExtreme17
    1220 posts Professional
    * Unlock New Training Grounds (Like the one in The Journey)

* 11 v 11 Training Match: First Team vs Reserves (Like in The Journey)
  • SaintsFCFan
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018

Definitely. I paid for this to be able to change a few things around for fun in FM. I'd like to be able to do the same for FIFA. I also enjoy watching GoldenFM's experiments where he changes values in the official editor and see how the club/game reacts to that. When I play FM, I use it to see how much a club has changed. E.g. If Huddersfield dropped from the championship to League 1 after the next season, I want to see their reputation, staffing and facilities worsen and vice-versa as that will also affect their on-pitch performances.
    Create-a-Club needs to come back even if it just means using the badge and kit options from Pro Clubs. My dream would be a similar system to Creation Centre but very much doubt that will happen again.

Yes. This. I started a team on FM a few months ago and started at the bottom of the English pyramid for the location and it was great. I haven't even reached League football and expanding into non-league England would be great but still, creating a club and watching them rise, develop rivalries and expand would be awesome. I enjoy seeing my purple FM crest, kits and team rising.
    A return of great FIFA 07 features like visual sim, staff upgrades, sponsorship goals, meaningful finances and experience points for your players after games. This is the thing I’m most frustrated about, FIFA 19 career mode is completely destroyed by a PlayStation 2 game.

Agreed. I played FIFA 07 on the PSP before I was properly interested in football. I liked seeing how a small club can be transformed into a bigger club and that's why I play FM.

The success of games like GTA is because it immerses a player into a world that is realistic and they're a spec of it when they're not huge. I think it would be a good idea for EA to focus on that as it's a massive thing even if they change nothing else. TV games are a small way to show this. Maybe have one game a year if I'm in League 2 with a Sky Sports HUD and increasing as I rise up the leagues and be on TV more often when in the Premier League and in the Champions League. Having games on a Monday or Friday are pointless otherwise and gives an opportunity to freshen up the commentary.
  • gavin2903
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Most things already mentioned many little things I'd like too, 1 simple one would be to be able to start the 1st season as it stands. For example if I start a new career now with Aston Villa be good to have option to start season from beginning or how things stand now, 11 games in sat mid table. Want to chance to take over a struggling team from that point during season or where ever they are positioned. Especially after January for example. I'd prefer to start my new career in January of the 1st season if that is where we are at in real time.
  • Howler19
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    A lot of interesting suggestions in this thread, most things would be cool additions although there are some ideas that are not so great too. Aside from what's been mentioned the main thing I want to add is realistic qualifying phases for UCL and UEL and leagues starting in the spring actually starting in the spring.
  • SaintsFCFan
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    I'd like to expand on my TV deal idea from a few posts ago as I think it can be expanded to give some dynamicism to some leagues.

For example, it can be used to enhance the experience of a Football League playoff final. Instead of having the generic overlays for either EASFIFA or EFL, a Sky Sports one would emphasise that you are in those playoffs as opposed to it being just another Football League game and adds that you are in the playoff final.

And near the end of the season, those TV games are emphasised to show the battles at either end of the table. Whether it's a Friday night game with Aston VIlla vs Middlesbrough or Rotherham vs Ipswich, there are stories at each end of the table. When the main clubs are on International Break, teams in League 1 or League 2 are highlighted more.

I think it would be better to have a dynamic system to change calendars when TV games are announced at points in the season to show what teams are "on TV" with Sky Sports having Friday night, Saturday lunchtime and Monday night on a usual weekend with BT Sport having the Saturday evening slot as opposed to just having games at these times for the sake of it.

On the financial side, some dynamic aspects can also be implemented with Sky Sports and BT adding more or less money into the pot based on a league reputation. For example, if Sky Sports decide to pay £2m extra increasing the domestic total to £2bn, (Source) then the money a team gets a season will adjust accordingly.

A league's reputation would be based on their continental success, etc. If you turned the leagues on it's head, you would see League 2 teams at the top and most likely at the bottom of the UCL/UEL groups reducing their UEFA coefficients meaning that not only the clubs would have poor coefficients and put into Pot 4, the league would also have fewer UCL/UEL places when the Premier League teams rise back.

The same can also happen in other leagues, though I used the Premier League and Football League as that's what I know more.
  • MaldinisHeir
    edited October 2018
    SORT OUT THE TRANSFERS OR LET US DO IT OURSELVES!!!

Just simmed to my second season because I wanted to check what would happen to all of the loan players and, as I expected, most of the loan players, even one's which are subject to "obligations to buy", are back at their parent clubs.

So for about 5th year in a row Luca Marrone is back at Juve. Now I hate to break it to both EA and Marrone but at 28, Marrone's Juve career is never going to happen. The player is on what I call a "loan conveyor belt" where he will be loaned out forever. He's been on loan for about 5 years and he's one of 25 players (yep 25) that Juve have on loan. And Juve aren't even the worst offenders. Atalanta have a massive 55 players on loan including such prospects as Sportiello and Cornelius. Cristante, who was loan to Roma with, that's right, an obligation to buy, is back at Atalanta.

In fact there seems to be breaches of contract happening all over the place with Locatelli, thankfully, back at Milan after Sassuolo reneged on their obligation to buy him. In my head there's currently a legal dispute between Milan and Sassuolo for breach of contract but at the same time I'm relieved that that terrible transfer has been undone by EA's incompetence.

Is it really that hard for EA to use transfermarkt to find out what the status of these players are?

And this issue is mainly caused because of the total lack of transfer activity again by the computer. In my second season I've noticed a couple of signings per team. Last summer there were 666 departures from Serie A clubs and 716 arrivals. That's about 33 players leaving each club and 35 arrivals. Is that ridiculous? Yes, but it's what ti is. And it's a lot more important than Messi's tattoo.

Now in my one opportunity to edit the game before I begin my Career Mode I will have to go through each team and fix these transfers by making loanees either permanent or free transfers. But once I start that Career Mode that's it. No more editing for me. Nope. It's lock down after that. We can't be editing our own bloody game once we go through the Event Horizon that is beginning a Career Mode.

Any mistakes we notice after that point we'll just have to live with.

I can't see myself lasting more than a few seasons in Career Mode. it's shallow and riddled with mistakes. I'll go back to simming Football Manager and playing matches in FIFA in Exhibition Mode (WHERE I CAN EDIT ANYTHING I LIKE). I can't wait to leave the straight jacket that is Career Mode which has more arbitrary rules and restrictions than a prison.
  • comet213
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite

Medal in trophy celebration
  • 1) player career mode you should be able to earn a contract, maybe start on a 3 year deal with whatever club you start with and after each season have a contract review with the board of the club, if you hit your seasonal goals you get rewarded with a bigger contract (can also do the same thing on manager career modes)
    2) sponsorship deals as a player career mode you should also get the opportunity to earn sponsorship deals they did this on the journey so can't understand why they can't Intergrate it on player career mode
    3) on manager career mode the press conferences should be better the answers you have to give feel as if they've been around forever and need freshening up!
This discussion has been closed.