This game is still garbage.

Gunin
278 posts Sunday League Hero
Why does it seem like my player is chasing the ball instead of the player they're trying to defend ? Why does one little slow movement from the player with the ball completely make my player go the wrong way when i'm yards away from them ? Didn't anyone ever tell you to watch the players waist and not the ball ? Why does a player slow dribbling make me run slower or react slower ? These are just a few of the things i've seen in just a short amount of time playing this version but the same stupid thing i saw in fifa 18 . Why ?

Comments

• Gunin
    Also sometimes the ball goes in a completely different direction than where I'm pushing the stick . Like even at kick off they can't even pass where I'm pushing the stick ? Does this sound right to anyone out there ? Hello ? What did we pay for ? Are we controlling the players and the passes or are we just watching the game ? HORRIBLE.
  • What time on Tuesday can u play from
  • Gunin
    What time on Tuesday can u play from

why ? What you gonna do fix the game ?
  • Gunin
    I'm playing a guy he goes up 1-0 plays a little bit longer, 54min into the game guy quits i get a loss. Good job EA good job.
  • Gunin
    I use to work for a video game company that will remain nameless lol . But when i worked there we would do Quality Assurance on all the games before they were released. Do you they do that at EA ? It doesn't feel like it. I mean i've only been playing the game for a week or so and it's the early release and the glitches and glitchy type play in this game are RIDICULOUS! I mean it's like you guys didn't even test it at ALL . Does anyone know what the F is going on at EA ?
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    is it surprising?

played some FIFA 18 today just to remind myself of how bad the GAMEPLAY is
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gunin wrote: »
    I'm playing a guy he goes up 1-0 plays a little bit longer, 54min into the game guy quits i get a loss. Good job EA good job.

in what mode was that?
  • Gunin
    SVKslato8 wrote: »

in what mode was that?

Fifa ultimate team Division Rivals.
  • Gunin
    Truthurts wrote: »
    is it surprising?

The gameplay is EXTREMELY BAD. The worse thing they've done to fifa in the last 2 versions is making your player on defense run slow when the player with the ball runs slow. The slow dribble in this game is straight Ignorant . Just because you run slow would not make me run slow and just because you run slow and make a little movement to the left or the right would not make me miss your entire body and run past you by 2-3 yards. I really want to know who is testing these games before they're released ? How in the world does this feel realistic to anyone ?
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2018
    Truthurts wrote: »
    is it surprising?

LOL, I re-downloaded FIFA 18 the other day, played about two games and said yep, then uninstalled. The bad part is that I was suckered by the demo, paid $30 some bucks, a week later the game was about $12 or so less. The gameplay in FIFA 18 was so awful that I threw a rope over a rafter and stood on a chair. Then I thought no wait, my life is important and FIFA 19 will be really good. Glad I never took the rope down. LOL just kidding, don't need anyone going, oh my God.
  • china2991
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The game is just too much the same, Doesn't have any feeling that its new, I still have 4 hours left on my EAA trial that iv'e been sharing with my friend too. I can play about 1 game then i come off bored.
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    china2991 wrote: »
    The game is just too much the same, Doesn't have any feeling that its new, I still have 4 hours left on my EAA trial that iv'e been sharing with my friend too. I can play about 1 game then i come off bored.

I don't know why, but I like 17 on the PC. It just seems like you can do a lot with 17 when it comes to passing.
  • Pwalie86
    1209 posts Professional
    I've been playing Fifa 17 for 2 years now because Fifa 18 was horrible. I'm going to try harder with Fifa 19 because I like the thought of qualifying for UCL/EL.
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    I uninstalled 17 a couple weeks ago, thinking about reinstalling it.
  • Gunin
    I'm still waiting for someone that actually works for EA to pay attention to any of the thousands of threads like this one that have existed since 2017 . You make a praise fifa thread and you get a response . Where you at @EA_Andy ?
  • Game is far from garbage. I’m glad the Ultimate Team fannyboys are getting ignored pushing EA to revert back to the arcadey, ping pong, all about pace and OP shooting like the previous FIFA titles.
  • ChrisW1991
    911 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    RD_1992 wrote: »
    Game is far from garbage. I’m glad the Ultimate Team fannyboys are getting ignored pushing EA to revert back to the arcadey, ping pong, all about pace and OP shooting like the previous FIFA titles.

Same mate! Fifa finally feels realistic to play, ultimate difficulty makes the game even better! Absolutely love career mode, hope these fut players keeping getting ignored.. FUT ruined fifa so I hope for once they cater for us offline players and keep the game great and realistic
  • BayernExist
    86 posts Park Captain
    What time are you playing on Tuesday?
  • It’s hard to say anything but I’m disappointed. EA is putting out a well below standard game now and don’t seem to mind. I can’t see buying next years.
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Why does it seem like my player is chasing the ball instead of the player they're trying to defend ?

Because you are holding down 2nd man press. Players lock on to the ball not on defenders. Stop relying on AI.
    Why does one little slow movement from the player with the ball completely make my player go the wrong way when i'm yards away from them ?

Because you are not jockeying. Stopp holding contain. Never contain if you wanna defend good.

There issue solved you can now git gud

• Fifa 19 might be the worst football game I've ever played! The point of a video game is that you enjoy playing it. Especially when you pay 80 pounds for it! The gameplay feels completely broken compared to 18. It's slow, glitch and unresponsive. Players fall over randomly and the first touch feature is messed up. Getting rid of the double tap shot is a big mistake and the timed shooting feature is God awful!
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s better slower, more realistic. I also don’t want a perfect first touch every time. But there are issues.
  • Gunin
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Why does it seem like my player is chasing the ball instead of the player they're trying to defend ?

Because you are holding down 2nd man press. Players lock on to the ball not on defenders. Stop relying on AI.
    Why does one little slow movement from the player with the ball completely make my player go the wrong way when i'm yards away from them ?

Because you are not jockeying. Stopp holding contain. Never contain if you wanna defend good.

Nothing you said was correct. Not one thing

I'm not doing any of that.

repsonding to your post just made me a .05% sadder than i was 5 min ago. but by the time I hit post comment i'll be over it .
  • Gunin
    edited October 2018

I honestly thought you were going to remove the mystery of this game and make it gud but nope . This game is garbage still . Why do i run slow just because the player is slow dribbling ? The worst part of this game is the fact that the player with the ball can push a button that makes my player defending do something . That SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN ANY VIDEO GAME .

• Gunin
    Oh i got another question ... What's up with these Suuuuuuper Sloooooooooow passes that you can see coming but your player won't move at all. He has to wait until the ball gets all the way to your opponents feet before he can react. How in the world is that realistic ? Game is garbage .
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    Oh i got another question ... What's up with these Suuuuuuper Sloooooooooow passes that you can see coming but your player won't move at all. He has to wait until the ball gets all the way to your opponents feet before he can react. How in the world is that realistic ? Game is garbage .

LOL, that happens in all the FIFA games. Your guys will run to the opposite side of the ball, they will back off from the ball, among other stupid movements. If you just sit and watch the game play itself you will see most of the bad programming. Most of the other stuff is just nerfed ball programming, when you decide to interact in the game. I love when three of your guys will just stand there and stare at the ball (like what is that, LMAO). The other times they think that the ball is a grenade and run away, so funny.

The whole game is just an interactive movie, of a prerecorded outcome. True or false programming statements. How do you think that the announcers are all ready to say something ahead of time, it's not premonition, just good ol programming. If you play enough matches for many years, you start to say, oh I see what's going to happen about now.

The best part is when you're trying to defend in the box, when the programming moves all of your defenders out of the way. No matter what buttons you push, nothing will happen, the A.I. will just stuff the ball straight down your throat. All this stuff goes way back through the years of EA and FIFA. You just play the game or you don't.

I love it when I play Liverpool or Koln and they just can't seem to pass, must have been a beer night
    before the match.

To add: It's not that people are good at playing FIFA. The programming will let you score or not. It's not that you've made a good play, it's that you've met the proper true of false requirements in the programming statement, yes or no, 1 or 0. That's why you get a goal, then bar, blocked shot, wide shot, post, over bar, post, post, bar, blocked shot, wide shot, bar, blocked shot, goal, wide shot and so on, when a lot of those should have been goals. Playing on professional, the A.I. is set up to score six goals, you can stop the A.I. from getting all of the true or false statements, but that's what it's set up to score in every match.

Lastly, if EA wanted to, they could make it so that you couldn't score at all, no matter how hard you try.

I've seen my A.I. put in some crazy goals at the 45/90 and I didn't even do anything to help.

One of my all time favorites is when the pass goes right to the defender and the defender doesn't even move, happens all the time. You aim your pass way away and somehow the ball ends up right at the defenders feet. Then the announcer goes, what a poor pass, he just went and gave the ball away or they will say, boy he's good at reading passes like that, oh yeah pfft.
    Post edited by JAB69 on
  • Uggas415
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018

Lmao how the actual f*** are you gonna defend without the contain button (RB)(R1)?
  • Master110
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Why does it seem like my player is chasing the ball instead of the player they're trying to defend ? Why does one little slow movement from the player with the ball completely make my player go the wrong way when i'm yards away from them ? Didn't anyone ever tell you to watch the players waist and not the ball ? Why does a player slow dribbling make me run slower or react slower ? These are just a few of the things i've seen in just a short amount of time playing this version but the same stupid thing i saw in fifa 18 . Why ?

LMAO you said it how it is
  • Master110
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Uggas415 wrote: »

Lmao how the actual f*** are you gonna defend without the contain button (RB)(R1)?

Left stick push towards the ball.
  • Korthan
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've only played a Pro Clubs and a little bit of FUT and Seasons and already I've noticed the AI overruling where my pass was meant to go on three occasions.

One time I meant to flick the ball behind me towards my strikers while in jumping position (muh realism I know) but the AI made the pass go backwards, bot defender in Pro Clubs was intercepted and we almost conceded a goal (hit the post).