Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Struggling to adapt to Fifa 19

zzachzx
4618 posts National Call-Up
edited September 2018
Anyone else having an extremely hard time with this game? I don't really "understand" the game. All my players feel like they're on ice skates, constantly turning and sliding and I feel unable to really control where I take them. The movement system is really different and it's thrown me off my game.

And in attack, I can't beat anyone. For pace, with skills, by passing. Nothing works. If I'm able to beat a player, they catch up to me within seconds. I can't pass around people because players are always in the right position. It's ridiculously annoying and frustrating because I've always been a good player no matter what Fifa throws our way. But now I can't keep up.

Anyone else having a hard time adapting to the new game?
Post edited by zzachzx on

Comments

• zzachzx
    up
  • I SiR MartY I
    5751 posts Big Money Move
    zzachzx wrote: »
    Anyone else having an extremely hard time with this game? I don't really "understand" the game. All my players feel like they're on ice skates, constantly turning and sliding and I feel unable to really control where I take them. The movement system is really different and it's thrown me off my game.

And in attack, I can't beat anyone. For pace, with skills, by passing. Nothing works. If I'm able to beat a player, they catch up to me within seconds. I can't pass around people because players are always in the right position. It's ridiculously annoying and frustrating because I've always been a good player no matter what Fifa throws our way. But now I can't keep up.

That's pretty much how it is in all modes now. You should see Pro Clubs. Skills, passing, running, smart movement, doesn't matter, as soon as you get past someone, you slow down, they catch up. Works both ways, if you make a mistake, doesn't matter, game will bail you out by slowing him down.

Seen maybe a handful of games that have had more than 1 goal in them because its that bad for both sides.
  • zzachzx

That's pretty much how it is in all modes now. You should see Pro Clubs. Skills, passing, running, smart movement, doesn't matter, as soon as you get past someone, you slow down, they catch up. Works both ways, if you make a mistake, doesn't matter, game will bail you out by slowing him down.

Seen maybe a handful of games that have had more than 1 goal in them because its that bad for both sides.

I can only imagine. It's super annoying trying to put something together offensively. I feel like the only way to win is with crossing or ❤️❤️❤️❤️ luck going your way.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero

I can only imagine. It's super annoying trying to put something together offensively. I feel like the only way to win is with crossing or **** luck going your way.

Maybe me going the target man route isn't such a bad idea after all. Gives another option when nothing else is working.
  • zzachzx

I can only imagine. It's super annoying trying to put something together offensively. I feel like the only way to win is with crossing or **** luck going your way.

Maybe me going the target man route isn't such a bad idea after all. Gives another option when nothing else is working.

If you can put the ball on your target's head, it'll go in pretty damn often.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero

If you can put the ball on your target's head, it'll go in pretty damn often.

I will get a chance to play my early access trial tomorrow.

I have Aduriz up top (94 jumping, 94 heading) with a few players with decent crossing. Might work...
  • CharlieC
    7357 posts Big Money Move
    The getting past someone then getting caught quickly is quite frustrating but what you have to learn to do is build up and distribute quickly. Hanging onto the ball at any point doesn’t work well because the opposition press can be very aggressive.

In essence you have to think a lot more than previous versions. A bit like snooker, you have to try to be a couple of moves ahead all the time.
  • Navraat
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    The getting past someone then getting caught quickly is quite frustrating but what you have to learn to do is build up and distribute quickly. Hanging onto the ball at any point doesn’t work well because the opposition press can be very aggressive.

In essence you have to think a lot more than previous versions. A bit like snooker, you have to try to be a couple of moves ahead all the time.

This