Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Save the Crew! - Chester Lee "Respect"|September 2018: MD 31 vs Union

Comments

  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    I think Chester Lee should be managing the all stars. It's an exhibition match that's all about entertainment and that's what Chester brings!
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I think Chester Lee should be managing the all stars. It's an exhibition match that's all about entertainment and that's what Chester brings!
    Unfortunately, Don Garber doesn't agree. Would have made a nice addition to the story, though, but all is not lost. ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    PBJbZS4.png


    2018 MLS All Stars vs Juventus




    cW6pJr8.png

    sxkdlIc.png

    FgXiD6O.png
    "Sometimes we may learn more from a man's errors, than from his virtues."--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    3F3gKfX.png

    Standings:
    p5YRTOk.png

    VhFuNPY.png

    KPBFPt4.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow playing like the media are still surprised by actions by Chester like this :o
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    LOL at Chester's party.

    Nice MLS party in this part of the year, but really willing to go back to real business.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow playing like the media are still surprised by actions by Chester like this :o
    I think Henry Wadsworth Longellow summed it up nicely.
    subpop wrote: »
    LOL at Chester's party.

    Nice MLS party in this part of the year, but really willing to go back to real business.
    All Stars are a part of MLS (all American sports, actually), and the Crew had no games that week, so Chester thought he could use the break. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    cz9BZeZ.png


    Match Day Twenty-four - Columbus Crew SC vs Houston Dynamo




    i3FV4AG.png

    VTxfvep.png

    Team Stats:
    MObBqkZ.png
    W98zWLY.png

    Standings:
    kGjGCeL.png

    zoVKfp8.png

    YNd16Ps.png
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    KapvhII.png
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good victory. Zardes seems to be a really interesting player and certainly decisive. It seems it wasn't an easy game, so these 3 points taste really well.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Chester going back to college is just smart coaching. Continuing education is very important and hopefully he learned some tricks for the rest of the year.

    Nice win to welcome the team back from the All Star break.
  • JoshDFC
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Toronto looking like the strongest team in the section although Atalanta have quality nice to see the team still remains close to the top with the other teams catching up there games in hand
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Good victory. Zardes seems to be a really interesting player and certainly decisive. It seems it wasn't an easy game, so these 3 points taste really well.
    Match was probably harder than it should have been, but the three points were necessary if the Crew want to continue to fight to avoid the knockout round of the playoffs. Zardes in one of my favorite players, not because he's flashy but because he works hard and will always give a consistent effort. I won't go into detail, but I felt he was disrespected when the Galaxy traded him to Columbus, considering he was a homegrown product. Irony is that the Crew made it to the playoffs, the Galaxy didn't, and Zardes ended up scoring 19 goals this season for Columbus, breaking his best scoring output for the Galaxy by three goals. Good for him. :)
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Chester going back to college is just smart coaching. Continuing education is very important and hopefully he learned some tricks for the rest of the year.

    Nice win to welcome the team back from the All Star break.
    Never too old to learn, although you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Chester doesn't mind trying. :p
    Not the best win, but one the Crew needed to have. Went with a 4-3-3 to start as opposed to the normal 4-4-1-1 with mixed results. As certain players age, the 4-3-3 may be the future if Chester keeps his job.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Toronto looking like the strongest team in the section although Atalanta have quality nice to see the team still remains close to the top with the other teams catching up there games in hand
    Toronto is in the best position in the East, but they were recently beaten by Atlanta who is surging at the right time. Crew plays Atlanta next, so that will be a tough match for sure. Although the West is weaker in head-to-head with the East, Seattle Sounders have been on a tear and have to be considered one of the title favorites.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    RBZi1Sg.png

    61LXQmA.png

    Don Garber - "You realize the Columbus Crew aren't an American football team."

    Mark Wahlberg - "What other kind of football is there?"

    Don Garber - "The European kind, what we call soccer."

    Mark Wahlberg - "Well f*** that sh**!"
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    jvrrOg4.png

    CHX1Vb4.png

    Prematch Press Conference:

    Chester Lee: "With all the money Atlanta spent on their personnel and stadium, you would think they could afford real grass."

    Gerardo "Tata" Martino: "You can kiss my faking grass."

    Chester Lee: "And here I thought I was the funny one."



    Match Day Twenty-five - Atlanta United vs Columbus Crew SC





    nPMpwzg.png

    YlxUs0h.png

    Team Stats:
    m82ZfX0.png
    EiVH0oj.png

    Standings:
    4BoTZYn.png

    AlWvKRF.png

    09xbu8r.png
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good to see there's light at the end of the tunnel for the Crew, despite the confusion of Mark Wahlberg. :D

    It was followed by the tense press conference of Tata Martino and our beloved Chester... I can't imagine Tata talking this way, this man's got milk instead of blood in his veins.

    Fun match to watch. Sadly the Crew couldn't keep the advantage 3 times. This time luck wasn't in our side... that deflected late goal... well, there will be a new chance.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    A game for the neutral viewers and maybe a game that could have entertained a Mark Wahlberg as well.
    An offensive firework in the first half, just to cool down everybody until the end to escalate again within the last 5 minutes. Man strange one..
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Strange but exciting game to watch. A big game in the standings that would have gone a long ways if the Crew held on.

    Marky Mark says he's a Spurs fan in real life and even toured White Hart Lane. Though I'm not sure he knows anything about the actual sport..
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Good to see there's light at the end of the tunnel for the Crew, despite the confusion of Mark Wahlberg. :D

    It was followed by the tense press conference of Tata Martino and our beloved Chester... I can't imagine Tata talking this way, this man's got milk instead of blood in his veins.

    Fun match to watch. Sadly the Crew couldn't keep the advantage 3 times. This time luck wasn't in our side... that deflected late goal... well, there will be a new chance.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    A game for the neutral viewers and maybe a game that could have entertained a Mark Wahlberg as well.
    An offensive firework in the first half, just to cool down everybody until the end to escalate again within the last 5 minutes. Man strange one..
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Strange but exciting game to watch. A big game in the standings that would have gone a long ways if the Crew held on.

    Marky Mark says he's a Spurs fan in real life and even toured White Hart Lane. Though I'm not sure he knows anything about the actual sport..
    I'm not sure the extent of Mark Wahlberg's interest in the sport, but it is true that he made a comment in regards to purchasing (as part of an owners group) the Columbus Crew that Don Garber later dismissed as irrelevant.

    It was maddening to give up that late goal from Martinez. It resulted directly from a turnover by Harrison Afful, so you could say it was an Afful turnover that led to the goal. Doh! All he had to do was kick the ball up field and time would have run out before Atlanta could reset. Poor game management, but overall a good result against a team that statistically were better the last time the teams met.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    eaWrOmP.png


    Match Day Twenty-six - Chicago Fire vs Columbus Crew SC




    k6Y5Ijm.png

    aeFwrs3.png

    Teams Stats:
    KWy1OaN.png
    5lBqqyh.png

    Standings:
    On9OaSr.png

    vlFCrrn.png

    ugXwvez.png

    32U7kpa.png
    At least once during the past few seasons, MLS has scheduled a rivalry week to boost TV audience. Most of the teams, especially the bigger draws, are scheduled to play their rivals. Columbus Crew's direct rival is the Chicago fire, which is roughly a six-hour drive. MLS frames matches between Toronto FC and Columbus as a rivalry who play for the Trillium Cup, awarded to the team that wins the season series. The Crew also contests FC Dallas for the Lamar Hunt Pioneer Cup. Prior to his death, Lamar Hunt owned both of these teams.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Aaaaah come on...you learn it as a child: for a header you need to use your forehead :| Unfortunate own goal to draw the game..
    Man it's all about the entertainment over there in the US. In some point it's kind of interesting to see but on the other end it's unnecessary. Just experience the 'american way' of presenting sport in the F1 and I don't like it at all. It's all about the presentation rather than the sportive and competetive things that should matter.
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not a good result and not the image you expect to see from the Crew against a weaker side. Sauro's header rising among two towers was impressive. Unfortunately an own goal ruined the result.

    Then Meram should have scored that last chance... he was alone one meter away from the goal line!

    The playoffs aren't at risk, but after a great run of results, the Crew show weaknesses again.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Aaaaah come on...you learn it as a child: for a header you need to use your forehead :| Unfortunate own goal to draw the game..
    Man it's all about the entertainment over there in the US. In some point it's kind of interesting to see but on the other end it's unnecessary. Just experience the 'american way' of presenting sport in the F1 and I don't like it at all. It's all about the presentation rather than the sportive and competetive things that should matter.

    Unfortunately entertainment is more important to most TV networks. They try bringing in casual fans to compete with all the other sports so using entertainment as a method to attract fans is the move.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Aaaaah come on...you learn it as a child: for a header you need to use your forehead :| Unfortunate own goal to draw the game..
    Man it's all about the entertainment over there in the US. In some point it's kind of interesting to see but on the other end it's unnecessary. Just experience the 'american way' of presenting sport in the F1 and I don't like it at all. It's all about the presentation rather than the sportive and competetive things that should matter.
    On the own goal, after watching the replay, it looked like the opponent pushed Abubakar in the back so that the ball skewed off his head. Either way, poor offensive showing for the Crew. Not sure what you mean by "American way", kind of a general statement. If your talking production quality of televised broadcasts, that varies by sport and TV network. As far as rivalry week in MLS, I actually think that is a good idea. Teams have to play each other anyways, why not schedule derbies for the same week and promote it; MLS is trying to grow its audience. I will say that the halftime show for the Superbowl is a bit much (I don't watch NFL and can't remember the last Superbowl I watched), but it's only once a year and people seem to like it. Professional sports, by nature, are entertainment.
    subpop wrote: »
    Not a good result and not the image you expect to see from the Crew against a weaker side. Sauro's header rising among two towers was impressive. Unfortunately an own goal ruined the result.

    Then Meram should have scored that last chance... he was alone one meter away from the goal line!

    The playoffs aren't at risk, but after a great run of results, the Crew show weaknesses again.
    Team has had the same problem all season, generating scoring opportunities against a disciplined defense. Chicago defended deep in the second half and we struggle to score when the game is not open. We rely a lot (maybe too much) on our wing play and crossing. The real shame of the draw was on the last sequence, we did what we needed to do by switching the point of attack and getting their defense off balance, but Meram blew his header. He was wide open and our second best scorer who has come through before. The positive was that Atlanta earned a draw as well, so nothing gained, nothing lost.
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    LPwToso.png

    P8U0XJd.png

    Flip side:
    ktK13IZ.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Is 'Liebchen' a real english word? :o If so hell yeah our fine german language did have an impact :D :p

    God this is coming out of nowhere. Better than a TV series...
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    I saw that symbol before...
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Is 'Liebchen' a real english word? :o If so hell yeah our fine german language did have an impact :D :p

    God this is coming out of nowhere. Better than a TV series...
    I believe Liebchen is strictly German, but I've heard it used it some movie; it just came to mind. If I'm not mistaken, English has is roots in Latin and German (and maybe some other dialects). It's not uncommon for English to adopt words from other languages--déjà vu as an example.

    As far as Chester, we'll have to see what kind of trouble he's into. ;)
    subpop wrote: »
    I saw that symbol before...
    (§) Section sign is commonly seen in legal documentation. Contracts maybe? :)
  • Virtual_K
    1541 posts Professional
    oqfHAm0.png


    T5NeyJl.png

    Current Standings:
    8IonYlb.png

    AYSo319.png

    Special:
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good summary as always... and LOL at the Oscar Mayer song :D
Sign In or Register to comment.